• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
I knew that, Vishkugeta.

Also, that program isn't even working, no folders are created. It says something like "find.exe is not a good command", or something.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Still..what's the point in getting his model when Brawl's version is 500 times better/more detailed? Plus, you can just do the job with a texture. What I would really want would be the koopalings, as they would replace the ones I made on Bowser Jr.. Plus, they also have bones.

Shiroyu

Smash Apprentice
Aha, U8tool will extract from .arcs as well.

I'm looking in Bomberman Blast's stuff, and while it does use .brres, it doesn't look like we would be possible to hex them properly. There's a brres that has the 8 Bomberman colors with all the faces, but it only has the textures. In my hex editor I'm seeing that "MDL0" does appear in a decent amount of .brres files, but it isn't properly lined up, and the contents are unlike other .brres files. Sometimes the MDL0 is broken up, like M.DL0.

Also, I'm still looking for a solution to being able to have BBox read chr0's that are in .brres files from other games.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Aha, U8tool will extract from .arcs as well.

I'm looking in Bomberman Blast's stuff, and while it does use .brres, it doesn't look like we would be possible to hex them properly. There's a brres that has the 8 Bomberman colors with all the faces, but it only has the textures. In my hex editor I'm seeing that "MDL0" does appear in a decent amount of .brres files, but it isn't properly lined up, and the contents are unlike other .brres files. Sometimes the MDL0 is broken up, like M.DL0.

Also, I'm still looking for a solution to being able to have BBox read chr0's that are in .brres files from other games.
GaryCXJk's LZ77EX will decompress it, making it able to be hexed/previewed. One problem, though -- Bomberman's hands/antenna are only half-spheres for whatever reason. (That's the model's fault, though.)

When I opened Reborn's gamedata.arc in U8Mii, it said "File is not a Valid U8 Archive!"

Could the ISO being scrubbed have anything to do with it? :|
Probably not. Try using this program to extract it.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Still..what's the point in getting his model when Brawl's version is 500 times better/more detailed? Plus, you can just do the job with a texture. What I would really want would be the koopalings, as they would replace the ones I made on Bowser Jr.. Plus, they also have bones.
Because the original Bowser model would be nicer. The Brawl and Melee ones are more realistic, but I just hate the way they look compared to the original, and I really don't see why they had to turn him into the second Abomination. =/

All we'd need to do is port the Brawl animations over to the new model. Simple and easy. <3

Shiroyu

Smash Apprentice
GaryCXJk's LZ77EX will decompress it, making it able to be hexed/previewed. One problem, though -- Bomberman's hands/antenna are only half-spheres for whatever reason. (That's the model's fault, though.)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/RandomTalkingBush/BBox-Bomberman.png

Ah, sweet, thanks. I don't think he has enough bones to be playable. =/

We might be able to get some stages, though...

Edit: Slightly offtopic, I'm kinda considering starting either a Kain or Princess Fiona project... I'm not sure who I'd put Kain over, but Fiona works perfectly over Zelda. I tried Ike for Kain, but there were a few glitches. Might try Meta.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Anyone could help me on getting WWPacker to work? It gives me an error about find.exe not being a good command.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero

you made me come. now, lets get brawlbox to where we can ad bones.

also, if anyone makes a bomberman stage i will be forever horny grateful towards them. i'd do it myself but if i'm not working on school stuff then i'm working with the stages brawl already has to make them more playable...

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
So, I'm having a bit of trouble getting MegaMan Volnutt to move. Here's the post from the Project Volnutt thread:

I've got Volnutt to move... sort of. When I run, he will move, but his animation is faster than the actual movement (despite the fact that I took ROB's exact TransN values)

You know that "warping" glitch that most model swapped characters do? I've still got that, but instead of warping continually back to the same spot, the "anchor position" is moving, but Volnutt still shoots off ahead of it and warps back.
I've changed his X bone (that controls horizontal movement) to have a BoneIndex of 1 (ROB's TransN) using Fortwaffles' bone hierarchy editor. I've tried it with and without renaming it to TransN, but it made no difference.

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
Has anybody made any progress with (or even attempted) Bowser Jr. from Mario and Sonic Winter Olympics???

I tried my best to get a hold of the model to try it myself, but nobody seems to have access to it >< (PM me if this is false ;))

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
Where could I find that?
Wow, a lot happened. I don't know if it's too late, but:

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9322162&postcount=1150

I don't know if this is the solution to getting animations to work in Brawlbox, or if it's only for Bleach - Versus Crusade. Just give all the animations names and turn the Frame Count to something really big like 1000 if it's currently 0, turn Unknown1 to 0, Unknown2 to 1, and delete everything else in that .brres without a name if it's not a chr0.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
@ds22: Nice work on the Bomberman stage! Looks cool.

That would only work IF NSMBW Bowser model has almost the same bone structure as the Bowser in Brawl.
Yeah, sorry to say, ThatGuy, but unless they have the exact same structure (or you change it to have the same structure) then you'll basically have to remake every animation.

Not to mention they would need to have the same polygons. And you'd need to remove all the slope commands in PSA.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Wow, very nice OizenX. I'm beginning to wonder if there's particular large stages that can replace say... stages in the SSE. That would be amazing to get Nintendo and even 3rd party-related stages in the SSE.

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
Proof that Bomberman (WiiWare) stages work.
Are the blocks kept separate? It'd be kind of cool to have the Bombers running around in an actual stage from the game.

Whoever makes Bomberman deserves an indeterminate amount of internets. I've wanted him in Smash since 64...

ds22

Smash Lord
Actually, I didn't do a slight edit on the stage other than placing the model and texture over WWR.
For example, the camera needs fixing, collision needs to be changed and the background needs another color than black.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
I realize bowser is in brawl, I was just interested in looking at the model in order to make a NSMBW flavoured texture. I thought this was a strange case and decided to show everyone.

He has an AnmClr(NW4R) folder with 2 CLR0s.

Perhaps these are supposed to place solid colours over on certain parts of the model, then textures are layed over top.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Because the original Bowser model would be nicer. The Brawl and Melee ones are more realistic, but I just hate the way they look compared to the original, and I really don't see why they had to turn him into the second Abomination. =/

All we'd need to do is port the Brawl animations over to the new model. Simple and easy. <3
Not quite so simple and easy. He has a different bone structure which would mean recreating each individual frame of each animation, then you'd have to go into PSA and edit anything that was attached to a bone and reattach it to the new equivalent bone. It would take a very long time. Then the hurtboxes would be wrong and there's no model of him hiding in his shell. For now I'm just going to do a texture. I want to edit his brawl model to suit it in the future, along with dark and dry bowser but that'll be awhile away if I do it at all.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Because Konoha's collision data is very similar to Final Destination with a few changes.

While the Ichiraku is different, as displayed by Captain Falcon running off the stage at the end.
Which reminds me, do you think you could lower the camera a bit on Konoha? It's a bit high at the moment and doesn't show as much of the stage below like most stages do, such as Final Destination and Battlefield.

OizenX

Smash Journeyman
Which reminds me, do you think you could lower the camera a bit on Konoha? It's a bit high at the moment and doesn't show as much of the stage below like most stages do, such as Final Destination and Battlefield.
I've been trying too. But I'm not sure what bone to move.

I moved it accidentally, and I don't know which one fixes it.

Top Bottom