• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Power Rankings: Updated 8/14/12

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
you're right Plank

let's take away the ability to compete from everyone except the top level people. no more junior varsity football or basketball since they aren't good enough to make varsity. no more lightweight or welterweight boxing since heavy weights would crush them anyway. while we're at it let's do away with the special olympics, because if you can't compete with the rest why bother

if you're gonna be a complete dbag at least be an intelligent one guy
That's not even the reason why I said it. It's extremely hard to get confirmation from people as reliable as smashers. The more people you have, the less chance it will actually happen since SOMEBODY will bail out. We tried so hard and got confirmation from MD/VA for our melee crew battle and we couldn't even get that to happen.

On top of that fact, once you get below the top 5 it gets harder and harder to decide who will make the cut for the team, and you will step on peoples toes and upset people just to decide who gets to play for the team.

There could be maybe a 5v5 A team and a 5v5 B team which is fine, but I really wouldn't suggest upping it much beyond 5 people per team. It's harder for the crew battle to happen, it lasts longer, and each match is less hype because there are so many.

Not trying to be a dbag, just my two cents.

SASSY

Smash Journeyman
You could make the teams based on their placement in this tourney's singles. Like top 5 md placers vs top 5 va placers (then next 5 for b teams). Not a perfect system, but it should cut back on johns. You wanna be in, show up and play well.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
im i the only one who believes brawl crew battles are the most boring things on the face of the earth?!?!? i mean, theres no time limit!! why attack?

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
easiest method is to just have #1 in MD/VA based on power rankings to be captain and just pick 4 other people from their region who are present at the tourny

lmao @ candy

sova?

also there can be a timelimit. what happens is if the time limit comes to a time out, the person with the highest % forfeits their stock. if they still have a stock leftover, then they start a new game with the new stock amounts

sounds good? yes i know

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Too bad the 3 of the top 4 on the PRs are VA

Edit:

I don't know if anyone noticed, but we have 5 MD and 5 VA players on the PRs...why WOULDN'T that be the battle...

g-regulate

Smash Hero
VA has been the best smash state of all time, this has never changed.

lets look back on '06'-'07 melee

Azen Chu Chillin KM g-reg Boss

jesus ***** ****ing christ THAT is a lineup. Maryland, NY, Cali, entire countries, no one could touch this!

then brawl comes out, right from the get go

Azen Chillin Forte g-reg Boss

with Chu later joining on. who could ever touch us?

Lobos

Smash Master
I agree with plank's 2nd post......this will most likely never happen.....you guys might as well see who can pee the farthest lol

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Well I'll make it this

We should probably do the crew battle after a fresh set of PRs

If Kornn keeps winning, he could shake up the top 5 easily

junebug

Smash Journeyman
if we're all gonna be there, we can do it that day!

the only thing that is disputed is korn or ESOJ, amirite? they can do a serious set or somethin to see who gets in. unless theres multiple spots we're gonna replace, this saturday is the day to do it.

besides, it all for lolz anyway.

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
if we're all gonna be there, we can do it that day!

the only thing that is disputed is korn or ESOJ, amirite? they can do a serious set or somethin to see who gets in. unless theres multiple spots we're gonna replace, this saturday is the day to do it.

besides, it all for lolz anyway.
why make it complicated........

lol im not hype over this crew battle thing anyway, but i would love to do real crew battle aka originals vs anyone

ESOJOSE

Smash Ace
Time for an ESOJ rant.....

these monkey pics have gotta go
First things first, **** you whitey, ill post however many pictures of monkeys I want!!!!

crews?

Kadaj, Boss, P-S, Candy, Korn vs ALL!!!!
Lmao @ Kadaj list...

Deez > Kadaj
Coney > P-S
Neo > Candy
Meep > Boss
Chu > Korn

I'll do that lmao... XD
Both you need to realize that you 2 suck. Its that simple. Sorry Kadaj ur not as good as u use to b and even then ur skills where questionable. Deez u never have been. why would u b in a crew battle with 9 of md/vas best. it makes no sense. Im not trying to say im pro or even good, I kno my place and hence thats why a B team :chuckle: u 2 should also know ur place...

monkeys cant right
you just proved it....

easiest method is to just have #1 in MD/VA based on power rankings to be captain and just pick 4 other people from their region who are present at the tourny

lmao @ candy

sova?

also there can be a timelimit. what happens is if the time limit comes to a time out, the person with the highest % forfeits their stock. if they still have a stock leftover, then they start a new game with the new stock amounts

sounds good? yes i know
so what ur telling me is that each stock is gonna take 8 mins.... if thats the case **** crew battles!!!

VA has been the best smash state of all time, this has never changed.

lets look back on '06'-'07 melee

Azen Chu Chillin KM g-reg Boss

jesus ***** ****ing christ THAT is a lineup. Maryland, NY, Cali, entire countries, no one could touch this!

then brawl comes out, right from the get go

Azen Chillin Forte g-reg Boss

with Chu later joining on. who could ever touch us?
You my friend are living in the past....

I agree with plank's 2nd post......this will most likely never happen.....you guys might as well see who can pee the farthest lol
lol that was just funny

Gangsta_inc

Smash Ace
NNID
Combo_Knight
Don't you guys know it's only entertaining to put bets on garbage players?

Try me for example watching me is always better than watching pros XD

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
FNB wants to give their money to Originals? thanks on our behalf

to other originals:
will we all get a share of the money event though we won't be used? (sleeps while candy 3 stocks everyone)

SASSY

Smash Journeyman

to other originals:
will we all get a share of the money event though we won't be used? (sleeps while candy 3 stocks everyone)
ahhh the trashtalk! well, i'll do it. dunno bout the rest.

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master

to other originals:
Originals need to have only VA people.. :/

Jose you do realise that just about evey tourny in md/va i go to i get top 5 or better in singles and top 3 in dbls right?

Just saying...dont really know what kinda tangent your going off into
you mad ? :psycho:

Top Bottom