• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Power Rankings: Updated 8/14/12

KageMurphy

Smash Master
JUBEBUG? Its JUNEBUG, how did you guys get that wrong on the new image list? ROFL, what a typo.

Also, I'm not supporting a doubles PR, you can see the top teams by results for the most part.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
not being able to solidly defend ur choices for 11-15 is yet another reason this list should be cut down to top 10
i agree with this, i mean why should people like sin and takeover get so much discussion and attention for doing barely anything good (not saying they havent done anything good, but being 11-15 on the list is basically a credit saying that you don't suck, but aren't very good.). i mean its like, there is 10 entire people better than you, that means you basically couldn't average a top 10 with everyone there, in your own region. once again no disrespect towards anyone i mentioned

also, "talented players not ranked due to inactivity" is also stupid. if those players never came to a tournament again, would we still have to keep them on there? i think i was against putting that up in the first place, discussing in the PR. to me, all that looks like is an randomly opinionated list of people who are supposedly good but dont go to tournaments.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
i agree with this, i mean why should people like sin and takeover get so much discussion and attention for doing barely anything good (not saying they havent done anything good, but being 11-15 on the list is basically a credit saying that you don't suck, but aren't very good.). i mean its like, there is 10 entire people better than you, that means you basically couldn't average a top 10 with everyone there, in your own region.
I disagree, if the lists were seperated for just MD and VA then top 10 would be fine for each but we are joining two states, top 15 is more then fair because with such a talented region the top 10 active best are not going to be pushed out, those extra 5 slots give people something to shoot for.
also, "talented players not ranked due to inactivity" is also stupid. if those players never came to a tournament again, would we still have to keep them on there? i think i was against putting that up in the first place, discussing in the PR.
I agree.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
Well, people are never satisfied. Luckily I care very little about minor changes people might want

I also find it hilarious that while G-reg is a panelist, that one post he just made is more than anything he made discussing the rankings combined this period. Nice to know you have an opinion

About Jubebug. Although hilarious, I'll get champ to fix it XD

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
i agree with this, i mean why should people like sin and takeover get so much discussion and attention for doing barely anything good (not saying they havent done anything good, but being 11-15 on the list is basically a credit saying that you don't suck, but aren't very good.). i mean its like, there is 10 entire people better than you, that means you basically couldn't average a top 10 with everyone there, in your own region. once again no disrespect towards anyone i mentioned

also, "talented players not ranked due to inactivity" is also stupid. if those players never came to a tournament again, would we still have to keep them on there? i think i was against putting that up in the first place, discussing in the PR. to me, all that looks like is an randomly opinionated list of people who are supposedly good but dont go to tournaments.
agreed, i was just telling someone this a few days ago

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Nothing just messing around :p

also the talented inactive players list is ********. If they want to get on the list they can be active. If they are not active they don't deserve to be on the OP anyways.
Shut up, lil b.

It's pretty standard for PRs.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Meh, "Talented Inactive Players" list is not necessary. Everytime I read it.. I'm like.. "..cool?" If they are inactive.. then it means nothing. Until they are consitantly proving that they remain talented and beat top players, then they shouldn't be listed.

Also Top 10 has my vote. Anything below 10 should be its own list of "Up-and-Comers" so people know who to look out for during tournaments. Add's hype and thrill to wanting to do better as well.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Meh, "Talented Inactive Players" list is not necessary. Everytime I read it.. I'm like.. "..cool?" If they are inactive.. then it means nothing. Until they are consitantly proving that they remain talented and beat top players, then they shouldn't be listed.

Also Top 10 has my vote. Anything below 10 should be its own list of "Up-and-Comers" so people know who to look out for during tournaments. Add's hype and thrill to wanting to do better as well.
I agree with bolt on this one!

hova

Smash Champion
the inactive list is a good way to stop posts like 'Oh my god, why is so and so not on the list, he's sooooo good'

and the way this region is, i'm sure someone would say something at some time in that fashion

altho that list is also terribly done. i really don't think there's any reason to continue to have Chillin or Plank still on that list. especially seeing since Plank sux at brawl at the moment

also GIMR hasn't been to a competitive tourney in a looooooooonnng time

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
YO I SECOND THAT UP AND COMING ****.

Nah I don't actually. Just keep regular PR. everything else is pretty unnecessary, though hova brought up a good point about the inactivity list.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
hova the point is id still wreck 2/3+ of that list in brawl even tho i "suck"

LOL

hova

Smash Champion
i dunno dude

you my boy and all, but i don't know if you could beat any of them

not saying they'll win hands down, but there is definitely a possibility that they all would beat u in a set

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
nah, you're just wrong. i would only have to practice for like 3 hours and i guarantee you i would beat at least half the people on the list, and most likely 10 of them.

"skill" in brawl doesn't go away because it's all brains and patience. The game doesn't evolve so it's not like i'm missing anything. it's still the same cookie cutter airdodge bating **** and i'm still metaknight

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
the inactive list is a good way to stop posts like 'Oh my god, why is so and so not on the list, he's sooooo good'

and the way this region is, i'm sure someone would say something at some time in that fashion

altho that list is also terribly done. i really don't think there's any reason to continue to have Chillin or Plank still on that list. especially seeing since Plank sux at brawl at the moment

also GIMR hasn't been to a competitive tourney in a looooooooonnng time
I can agree and disagree with this.. only because the people that state this are foolish. Yes they can say this person is "soooo good" but that still doesn't take away from that player being an inactive member to the Smash Society. Don't get me wrong, the players on that list are good.. but that was at a different time, because of inactivity.. they won't be as good as they were previously. It probably wouldn't be such an issue if this particular list was renamed and redone. Maybe calling it "Memorable Skilled Players" or "Retired Talent" or even better.. The "Players that Despise Brawl but happen to be good at it" List. To give these players credit for no longer participating in our community just doesn't seem right.. but then again, who am I to say anything. I'm just a Tournament Director.

hova

Smash Champion
Plank- it's not exactly impossible or really inconvenient to see which one of us is right; it's your call if you wanna try and prove the point

Bolt- i feel like you're on a completely different page than me guy

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
nah, you're just wrong. i would only have to practice for like 3 hours and i guarantee you i would beat at least half the people on the list, and most likely 10 of them.

"skill" in brawl doesn't go away because it's all brains and patience. The game doesn't evolve so it's not like i'm missing anything. it's still the same cookie cutter airdodge bating **** and i'm still metaknight
i 100% dissagree

i can beat you that every person on the PR 2-0's you garentee'd....and i'll put down garenteed for a fact that you will not be able to touch the top 10
your right...the game hasnt evolved much.....but that doesnt mean players havent gotten better....everyone in our PR knows how to play MK and if u went to a brawl tourny i garentee you you would not come close to placing anywhere near good and will not outplace any good players....in fact...if anyone from the PR does lose to you right now...i suggest that person should not have been in the PR
i believe you tried that at apex and you played horribly...it was completely obvious that you didnt play the game by how bad you were doing...im sorry but no matter how much you dont like brawl does not mean its auto easy to get to the top...if it was then why isnt everyone good?
you are a smart player....but thatdoesnt mean you would come back and auto be good...yea im sure if u played brawl consistantly you could be around the top of the PR...but you dont

bottom line...you cant come back and do good...you are not azen...and i'll leave it at that

munch

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Plank- it's not exactly impossible or really inconvenient to see which one of us is right; it's your call if you wanna try and prove the point

Bolt- i feel like you're on a completely different page than me guy
Meh, probably. (^.^)b

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
candy ur whole argument and the fact u used apex as an example is great to me.

what happened at apex? oh yeah i outplaced every md/va person aside from you and i hadnt played for months lol

so...good job on that LOL no offense to u guys who think brawl has moved on but like:: no. ROFL

If I could pick 10 people on that list and they would all accept $20 MM's vs me, i'd come to a brawl tournament cuz the money would be worth my time. however since i would prob just lose to the top 3-4 i'm not gonna make enough money in tourney otherwise for it to be worth my time.

however since i know people in this region are always ***** *****es about mm's except for the 3 or 4 ones that actually are prob better than me and i wouldnt choose them in the 10 anyway.

plus when does boss have $20 to spare anyway?

boss8

Smash Hero
y are u bringing my name up???? do u wanna MM me for 20 bux then bring it.....

and u didnt outplace me in apex....we tied.....the only diffrence is i didnt hafe to run the timer on anyone.....

i actually fight.....and last time we played in turney i do recall sending u to losers......and vex taking you out....

get ***** sir

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
i dont remember what place you got??? b/c im pretty sure you didnt outplace neo or slik

the point is...how many notable players did you beat?
its a national tourny...ppl can get easier brackets....your not garenteed to play someone really good till 17th or 13th anyways

ok so think you can beat our PR players?? prove it
i'll make a $100 sidebet with you that you CANNOT beat 10 ppl on our PR in MM sets....there...is that enough money for you?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
hahaha it was a joke boss. u always owe everyone money or need money for this or that.

i would mm u in brawl if there was a tv there, and yea u beat me one tourney as opposed to the how many i won in before and mm's?? like 10 combined :p get outa here

plus i **** u in the better game anyway.

woooooooooooo

boss8

Smash Hero
ugh MM in melee record dat shiz so i can show all the docs how to **** a scruby shiek.....

most of the time i dont have money is cause as soon as i win i had to pay off some debts in the smash community.....

besides right after that turney u had to be an *** and have me by wendys for everyone...me being a nice guy actually did it

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
and candy why would i sidebet that? im betting $20 per person so even if i played 10 people and beat 9, i'd make $180 in profit and lose $20 in profit still making 160. if i just did i sidebet that id beat them all id not be able to lose a single set or i'd lose $100. LOL

Top Bottom