• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Power Rankings: Updated 8/14/12

KageMurphy

Smash Master
No CPs would make this game get stale pretty fast, CPs add more depth to the game, we just don't need ridiculous ones.

:017:

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I disagree.

I feel like lowering the stagelist would allow players to focus more on characters.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
I suppose but playing on only 3 stages continuously will become stale from my point of view, it also makes striking null n void, like there would really be no point to it. So if we go back to random select(I think that's what we did b4 striking, right? LOL) then there is a good chance you'll get a ICies or Diddy on FD game 1 lol.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Learn and master your character match-ups!

I feel like having more stages allows people to lean on the stage rather than their own ability. Instead of like... learning a match-up in more depth we tend to just counterpick a stage to seek an automatic advantage. Hence, PocketKnights counterpicking Brin/RC/Frig/Delphino and just derping all over the place without any added skill level involved.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
I agree that mastering your character is essential to success, pocketknight is something people try to lean on and that should stop. However my main issue with the j.a.p stage list is becoming bored, I'm all for trying both though at events, it be cool to experiment with both lists here for a few months and see what works best. Frigate and Delphino aren't comparable to RC n Brin imo lol.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
not gonna lie, I would play every single round on Battle field if my opponent let me.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Counterpick stages are okay to me, but certain characters are still really uncomfortable on them. With all the stages to choose from I think rainbow/brinstar should be permabanned and with the rest of the stages players get TWO stage bans in a set. That way if you're facing mk you can take frigate/delphino, the not so broken metaknight stages, out of the picture too.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I'll be hosting an Md/Va tourney in February. I hope it gets a decent turnout. My ruleset will have the same stages as the Apex ruleset with :metaknight: legal and I'm going to switch Fd with Ps1 as a starter for the 5 strikes (I ain't doing 7) because Fd is seriously a cp...

Also going to put in a rule about characters having to get up from the edge after re-grabbing 5 times (Basing this number off tether recoveries auto not regrabbing the edge after 5 and it sems fair). LGL of 30 for every character.

:018:

Coney

Smash Master
tried to secure a venue in glen burnie, got told they could do tourneys pretty much any day except saturday

welp

KageMurphy

Smash Master
If the next MD/VA event doesn't get a good attendance then I don't know what to do, lucky for us Jose is interested in playing again so that is another car pool from VA which is excellent news! ^__^

tried to secure a venue in glen burnie, got told they could do tourneys pretty much any day except saturday

welp
LOL

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
FD is the only stage where no other factors come into play with character vs character such as platforms, walls, transformations, objects with hurtboxes, etc. How is a stage with nothing but the floor a counterpick?

Famous

Smash Champion
Host more tournies in MD/VA so SoVA can come down more often...

EDIT: FD seems counterpick for campers pretty much. Falco ,Pit and MK especially...Just mix up phantasms here and there and your damn near untouchable. Pit and MK can just scrouge you.

FD is always banned when I go against these characters since my characters can't chase any of them down

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Hosting MK legal tournaments already? We aren't even going to try a MK ban out?

KageMurphy

Smash Master
What do you mean we? When is the last thing you even attended? Pound 5? Lol

Banning a character is outright stupid, this community is just too soft, luckily Apex has opened a lot of peoples eye's though. A stage list like Apex + a limit of one MK per team is loads better then a biased and unjustified outright ban.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
What do you mean we? When is the last thing you even attended? Pound 5? Lol

Banning a character is outright stupid, this community is just too soft, luckily Apex has opened a lot of peoples eye's though. A stage list like Apex + a limit of one MK per team is loads better then a biased and unjustified outright ban.

Ah I went to one event after that I think but it was really small. I'm just starting to play again after a pretty long break. And I still won't be too active since I pretty much always work. Thats all irrelevant though. I just think if the rest of the nation is embracing the mk ban decision we should at least give it a shot and see if we like it better.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Half of you people complaining about MK don't even get far enough in tournament for MK To really matter to you.

the last time I recall bengalz losing was definitely to Boss who does not play MK

I like the suggestions given out so far with the 1 MK + japan stage list.

and yes I don't get far in tournament but I have yet to ever complain about MK's. he's a hard person to beat but he is not unbeatable.

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
Host more tournies in MD/VA so SoVA can come down more often...
Considering that i live in SoVA.............THIS PLEASE!!!!

I hate to never be able to attend tournies because there arent any nearby and the lack of transportation.

Top Bottom