• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Power Rankings: Updated 8/14/12

Coney

Smash Master
not...really tho?

i mean don't get me wrong, 25th at apex is hype and reflex is amazing, but...i got the same placing with ddd. if the best wario and the best ddd are tying at the hardest tournament ever, what good is it going to do to have me switch anyway? that means that, logistically, i'd have to be as good or better than reflex to place the same as i'm placing with ddd now on a national scale

EDIT - actually i guess you're right, i might be losing sight of the main point here, which is placing well within our own region and not consistently losing to the same 2 bad matchups repeatedly

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Zak you seem like the kind of person that would do well playing Snake also and could have fun

ZSS is also a very capable character and you can't judge the scene by one apex tournament, remember Nick Riddle getting third at MLG last year? Remember Nicole's peach getting 2nd at a tournament? There are lots of moments where you can excel

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
for realzies Zak. u gotta completely either master those match-ups, or find someone else for them. DDD is a really, really ****ing hard character to solo main and having a pocket Wario/ZSS/Ness isn't enough. that second character literally needs to be your 2nd main if u want to cover your bases properly

Coney

Smash Master
but that's my whole point, is that nobody's appealing enough for that to me. and it's not like, a sense of character pride or anything, i just honestly don't have fun playing with those characters seriously

Coney

Smash Master
U ALREADY KNO

except i have crippling anxiety in that game, because while i feel like i can consistently win my lane, i am petrified of being coupled with idiots that exist only to offer gold

i'm 1600 elo now but i'm scared to go any further, even though i've carried most of the games i've been in and have good characters for every role

either way i plan on hitting plat at some point this year, most likely with this dude

CHI-KUH

Omni

BRoomer
lol dont be scared. be confident enough to know if you drop in elo u can skill your way back up. and also remember that 1600 is still bad so it's no biggie if u lose it

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Host a fest then bio? Be the change you want to see in the community. You still attend school right? I'm sure you can find a room in your school that you could borrow on a Thursday night or something and have a fest.

:phone:
I tried asking, they won't let me unless it's fellow students

though, luckay that sounds good and I can swing by

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
How much have you really even tried out other characters Coney? I've taken up going a bunch of random characters over wifi and like half of the cast is fun to use for me now that I actually played with them a lot. Even though Pit and Pikachu are the most fun for me to play as I can see myself picking up another character like Diddy, Snake, MK, Olimar, Lucario, Peach, and a bunch more. You might just not be giving other characters a chance and don't think that you'll just be picking this character up for mk because mk is hard for everyone.

Jrugs

Smash Ace
Coney if you really want to make your secondaries better, why not try dollar money matching people with your wario or etc. if you loose you only loose a dollar and gain nothing but exp, and if some one sandbags, a free crisp dollar.

or a pocket mk to keep it christian.

Coney

Smash Master
alright so

new PR?

been sitting on this theme for a while and would like to deploy it

we can talk about it in the social group if you want or we can just air it out in here, idgaf, place is dead anyway

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
alright so

new PR?

been sitting on this theme for a while and would like to deploy it

we can talk about it in the social group if you want or we can just air it out in here, idgaf, place is dead anyway
I'm reading it therefore it is no longer dead.

/boredlurkingonsmashboardsat3am

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
zak I mean this in the nicest way possible but... Stop complaining about your losses until you actually put in real work. Your not hungry, you don't practice and get mad when you lose. You use to practice and really care and what happened? You win tournies and best me. Now you play occasionally and expect to still win? That works on mid level players, so don't get mad when you lose to high level players. I fly 33rd and was goons quit. Matt asked me what did I expect. I didn't practice hard like I did for mlg. I was mad, wanted to stay mad... but he was right. For Canada I'm going to practice everyday and then me being mad will be justified if I place poorly.
Btw, DDD > R.O.B. PUT IN THE WORK

Coney

Smash Master
zak I mean this in the nicest way possible but... Stop complaining about your losses until you actually put in real work. Your not hungry, you don't practice and get mad when you lose. You use to practice and really care and what happened? You win tournies and best me. Now you play occasionally and expect to still win? That works on mid level players, so don't get mad when you lose to high level players. I fly 33rd and was goons quit. Matt asked me what did I expect. I didn't practice hard like I did for mlg. I was mad, wanted to stay mad... but he was right. For Canada I'm going to practice everyday and then me being mad will be justified if I place poorly.
Btw, DDD > R.O.B. PUT IN THE WORK
LOL yeah i know you're right

i don't know why i get all uppity when i don't even put any time into the game, i'm just a *****

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
That's how I beat Boss these days. When he approaches, I bair his shield and he helplessly gets shield pushed back or shield stabbed.

:018:
so you're saying he knows you're going to B-air and he doesn't Power shield jab you? That sounds like a lack of game knowledge, not that the match up is horrible.

Omni

BRoomer
who in this region actually wants to beat another person in this region

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Lololol. This region is always hilarious.

I obviously mix up more then that Calvin, but it isn't like a spaced Bair is easily punishable.

So wait...If we do an updated PR then it'd be like...:

1. Logic
2. Lie
3. June?
4. Coney
5. Neo

I put ?'s next to June cause I was unsure if he went to anything other then Xanadu. This isn't in order. Just who I'd put as the top 5. Without June it'd be me on there at 5th (If I were to go by placings).

:018:

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
I want to beat Logic I'm like 0-5 with him and I've gotten close a couple times now. :/ Seagull maybe, but beating him the victory wouldn't feel as good. Haven't played Neo yet surprisingly, I need some games with him to teach me the Marth mu.

Coney

Smash Master
so guys

what was your game of the year 2011

mine was probably this

i don't even like anime or anything, just loved the fact that it was trying something new and completely different in a market saturated with sequels. all the other big games this year (arkham city, skyrim, uncharted 3, portal 2, whatever) were all just extensions of the original, while this felt like a brand new, isolated experience

i guess having a relateable story was kinda neat too, being in a relationship for so long and all

Nicole

Smash Champion
but that's my whole point, is that nobody's appealing enough for that to me. and it's not like, a sense of character pride or anything, i just honestly don't have fun playing with those characters seriously
QFT, exactly how i feel about peach lol

(only cause you *******s namesearch summoned me in here)

Shift

Smash Journeyman
zak, maybe another possibility is that you're getting bored of brawl in general?

Omni

BRoomer
omg I just beat Catherine lastnight. New favorite game oh soooo good

Favorite is when the sheep slide off the ice blocks

" not like this! "

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
Skyward sword for me. Demise was a ***** to fight.

Few Things:

1. I have a really hard time sticking to just one main. i always try to main someone else like every 1-2 weeks. I have a really have a bad habit of doing that. any advice?? Im currently deciding between ZSS, Pikachu, Wolf, and Kirby.

2. I really want to attend smash tournies up in NoVA(Possibly maryland) but the lack of transportation doesnt help me at all(iirc i dont think greyhound runs where i live anymore).

3. I used to have alot of people to play smash with. But sadly most of them jumped off the smash ship and jumped in the MTG Train :( Now its just me and like two others guys.

So theres my Smash story. Suggestions would be nice

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Hey folks

Smashfest at my place next saturday, pm me or facebook me or text me to confirm your attendance, i can only fit about 10 people. My apartment is quite small (Smaller than plank's if you remember that.)

We might do a random tourney or something for fun just bring $2 for snacks/electricity and another $2 if we do the random tourney

The main focus is improving and becoming better. We'll also be using the Tant ruleset for singles practice which I will be writing from scratch and will post a link later

Top Bottom