• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Matchups Chart & Lists - Updated: 29/Oct

TheMike

Smash Lord
The new ROB ratios are below(http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=252391):

ROB 35-65 MK
ROB 40-60 G&W
ROB 50-50 Olimar
ROB 55-45 IC
ROB 55-45 Lucario
ROB 40-60 Zamus
ROB 50-50 TL
ROB 55-45 DK
ROB 50-50 Peach
ROB 60-40 Luigi
ROB 50-50 Fox
ROB 55-45 Wolf
ROB 55-45 Zelda
ROB 55-45 PT
ROB 50-50 Squirtle
ROB 65-35 Ivysaur
ROB 55-45 Charizard
ROB 60-40 Ike
ROB 55-45 Lucas
ROB 50-50 Mario
ROB 60-40 Link
ROB 70-30 Ganondorf

B!squick

Smash Master
Bowser/Olimar has been added in as 60:40 Olimar's advantage. Also updated the updates section of the OP (sorry about that ^^; ).

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
^way to many boards are missing MU's they need t get on that so this can be completed and look all nice and fancy.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
My best two pieces of advice to the emptier sections:
-Don't do the "Let's just put up numbers".(no offense to those who do, there's a lot of pressure to get it done) If you really have to, make a debate from the number difference, don't merely tally up the votes. There's a lot of misunderstanding that can come out of this.
-If you really want your numbers accurate, CONTINUE WITH THE MU DISCUSSION THREADS. If you have to, do multiple ones, get peole active, but remember to also have it be productive. The Lucairo boards did theirs 2 at a time (the last bit we did 3). While I as the compiler of the exports admit this is a little harder for me to get the info, it is totally worth being done and going into rediscussions, as well as retaining accuracy, and the multiple ones allow others to post in characters they can help with, as opposed to a select few who can post accurately for one MU. Trust me, simultaneous discussion is very effective for getting this stuff done.

B!squick

Smash Master
this is pretty hard to read
The OP is very readable, perhaps you should open your eyes or turn on your monitor. Though you may be blind, in which case, I'm sorry. Otherwise, your failure to read is no one's fault but your own.

*hasn't had much sleep lately*

Rajam

Smash Champion
D***, I'm twenty minutes late...

We've resicussed Snake in the Omelete Back Room, it's now posted as 30:70...
updated :)

We merged them actually, so everything should be fine now.
:O Thanks

@Rajam:

I know this is not the place to discuss Matchups, but I was hoping you would consider... you know... not using the ratio at all? It's not even the main matchup thread for the Wario boards, plus nobody with any idea of either character would agree to such an absurd ratio.

If your answer is still no however, I will be more than happy to do it your way.
Are you at Burger King by some chance?
My answer by the time is no, although I'm learning towards delete non-official matchups threads in the nearly future, specially those made by only one person (it usually happens within characters' guides)

TL boards decided that the wolf and fox matchups are 50-50 even.
The mk vs TL matchup is now 65-35 mk like it shouldve been D:. Sorry for the mistake >_>.
The new ROB ratios are below(http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=252391):

ROB 35-65 MK
ROB 40-60 G&W
ROB 50-50 Olimar
ROB 55-45 IC
ROB 55-45 Lucario
ROB 40-60 Zamus
ROB 50-50 TL
ROB 55-45 DK
ROB 50-50 Peach
ROB 60-40 Luigi
ROB 50-50 Fox
ROB 55-45 Wolf
ROB 55-45 Zelda
ROB 55-45 PT
ROB 50-50 Squirtle
ROB 65-35 Ivysaur
ROB 55-45 Charizard
ROB 60-40 Ike
ROB 55-45 Lucas
ROB 50-50 Mario
ROB 60-40 Link
ROB 70-30 Ganondorf
Bowser/Olimar has been added in as 60:40 Olimar's advantage. Also updated the updates section of the OP (sorry about that ^^; ).
All upated :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OP Updated:

02-Nov-2009: Bowser 40 Olimar; Captain Falcon 40 Zero Suit Samus, and new thread; Ike 40 Pikachu; Kirby 30 Ice Climbers, 45 King Dedede; Lucas 30 Snake; Mario 48 Wolf, 50 Fox; R.O.B. 35 Meta Knight, 40 Mr. Game & Watch, Zero Suit Samus, 50 Fox, Mario, Olimar, Peach, Squirtle, Toon Link, 55 Charizard, Donkey Kong, Ice Climbers, Lucario, Lucas, Pokémon Trainer, Wolf, Zelda, 60 Ike, Link, Luigi, 65 Ivysaur, 70 Ganondorf, new thread, and last two threads erased; Toon Link 35 Meta Knight, 50 Fox; Wolf 40 Pikachu

Browny

Smash Hater
lol interesting... although it looks like you guys got a little lazy on PT overall lol (compared to the rest :p)

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
The example paragraph in the OP needs to be updated, it seems the Ganon: ICs matchup got a little worse since this thread was made.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Is the Kirby board's view of Kirby vs. D3 a typo? It says that it's a slight disadvantage for Kirby, but the D3 boards say it's a slight disadvantage for them, and I'm sure most would say Kirby has a slight advantage in the MU.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Read the OP. Discrepancies like that happen all the time.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Never mind, I guess Kirby is at a slight disadvantage according to their discussion o_O. I didn't think it was a strong advantage, but a disadvantage is a little odd. Stupid D3 and outliving everybody.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Lucas boards finished Pika MU discussion, we've determined that it's between 45:55 (his favor) to 50:50 so a 47:53 is what you should put up.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Putting those "silly" ratios is more of saying that it's disputed between two ratios. It's not really silly but much more accurate.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
How would that work? What exactly does an A constitute? Do we go up to S? Are we limited to 5-6 letters or can we use most of the alphabet?

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
How would that work? What exactly does an A constitute? Do we go up to S? Are we limited to 5-6 letters or can we use most of the alphabet?
What I had in mind was not exactly that. What I had in mind was having a U represent unwinnable, an HC representing Hard counter, SC representing soft counter, E even, A advantage, S strong advantage, and R representing **** advantage.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
How about words?

Even
(Slight) Advantages/Disadvantage

So much better imo. Because everyone interprets what the numbers mean differently. But Im sure more people will take "Advantage" the same way than they will "60:40 or 65:35"".

Edit: That lettering way is a lil confusing lol xD

Gates

Banned via Warnings
How do you quantify each of those? There are maybe 7 or so ways of doing this by words as opposed to 10 ways of doing it with integers or more with decimals or 2 digit numbers. How do you justify the gap in difficulty between matchups where a specific character has an advantage against one character but not quite as large as against another character but still generally as difficult? What defines a slight advantage as opposed to a normal advantage?

zeldspazz

Smash Master
How do you quantify each of those? There are maybe 7 or so ways of doing this by words as opposed to 10 ways of doing it with integers or more with decimals or 2 digit numbers. How do you justify the gap in difficulty between matchups where a specific character has an advantage against one character but not quite as large as against another character but still generally as difficult? What defines a slight advantage as opposed to a normal advantage?
Oh my gosh lol I cant compute all this at 1am.

Ill say that I dont think people need to be so specific with these numbers. Your idea of decimals and such is really just a waste of time imo. Being so precise with matchups is just so tiring because they are constantly changing all the time. You can label a matchup say 35:65 or 30:70 and its will constantly switch between the two, but either way its pretty bad. Just label it disadvantage or counter (whichever term you perfer) and be done with it. A 5 point swing is really nothing to get worked up about.

You would define a slight advantage when its close to even but one has a couple tools to put it to there advantage. A regular advantage is one that is obviously in the favor of one side in one way or another, but is not completely unwinnable for the disadvantaged character.

The whole point is that people can take "35:65" in so many different ways. Some think its means almost impossible to win. Some think its means not too hard, etc etc. The point is that words are actually describing the matchup, because everyone knows what disadvantage and advantage mean, or what even and impossible mean.

I hope this makes sense now, Im going to bed. Peace :demon:

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Well, character board matchup ratios arent always accurate. And the SBR simply doesnt think he should be higher (although there is obviously going to be a massive update very soon with the tier list, so just wait and see ^_^)

Tien2500

Smash Lord
Is anyone else wandering why Yoshi is so low considering his match ups?
Either the matchups are wrong or the tier list placement is wrong. I'm guessing its the matchup because if Yoshi's matches were that good he should be doing much better at tournaments.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
From the Zelda Boards:

Zelda vs DDD: 40-60 DDD advantage (this hasnt been "official yet" but just a heads up it probably will be very soon)
Zelda vs ROB: 45:55 ROB advantage
Zelda vs Pit: 45:55 Pit advantage

Haha Zelda sucks ***

Top Bottom