• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-Up Chart (Outdated); please refer to the new chart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

john!

Smash Hero
i don't think anyone here hates you dark hart... but you're the one who started the personal attacks against merkuri... so giou and i pointed out that the pot was calling the kettle black.

anyway yeah, back to matchup discussion lol.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Lol this thread is amazing. It has a little bit of everything.
I try to add spice to boring *** **** :laugh:

i don't think anyone here hates you dark hart... but you're the one who started the personal attacks against merkuri... so giou and i pointed out that the pot was calling the kettle black.

anyway yeah, back to matchup discussion lol.
1. merkuri attacked me first in another thread, so what I said was warranted.
2. match-up discussion? oh yeah I forgot what this thread was for.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
you should've at least chosen a video that made you look like a decent player or sumthin lol
hahaha seriously. if you think drpp was playing anything like seriously that match, that even further discredits you as a knowledgeable melee player. i guess you're not "the pinnacle of video evaluation" either, bro.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
you should've at least chosen a video that made you look like a decent player or sumthin lol
hahaha seriously. if you think drpp was playing anything like seriously that match, that even further discredits you as a knowledgeable melee player. i guess you're not "the pinnacle of video evaluation" either, bro.
*facepalm*

If you guys think I'm serious about that then you really got trolled and missed my point. Those friendlies were recorded at 8 in the morning after we'd only fallen asleep 3 hours earlier. :laugh:
Shroomed was just being a ***** ( <3 ), but you FoxLisk, you're just dumb.

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
ganon's fair and bair make the matchup horrendously difficult for zelda compared to doc or mario, whom zelda outranges at all times

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
*facepalm*

If you guys think I'm serious about that then you really got trolled and missed my point. Those friendlies were recorded at 8 in the morning after we'd only fallen asleep 3 hours earlier. :laugh:
Shroomed was just being a ***** ( <3 ), but you FoxLisk, you're just dumb.
Did you just call Shroomed a *****?!?!
[/GASP]

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
bloshi is ****ing ****.

merkuri is just a troll. just ignore him.... you call him out and you only start something bigger. hes not gonna get mad or anything because he doesn't exist.

giuocob

Smash Journeyman
Dark Hart, calm the **** down. Nobody's trying to start something with you, but when you lash out and try to put everyone around you down, you're going to make enemies. Why are you taking all this serious, it's the INTERNET.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand...Zelda >>> Mewtwo. This is so obvious.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
bloshi is ****ing ****.

merkuri is just a troll. just ignore him.... you call him out and you only start something bigger. hes not gonna get mad or anything because he doesn't exist.
I find this annoying and it does upset me. In the past month or so I'd argue that I've contributed more to this thread than you have. Where do you get off calling me a troll?

I'm not sure what you mean by I don't ''exist''. I won a melee tournament which I already posted in your character rankings thread. I don't see why you need to be an a$$ towards me.

And yeah back to the discussion.

Why does the chart say Mario does better against Pikachu than Doc? Unless the difference in their recovery plays a big factor in this match up it should be impossible for Mario to do better.

N64

Smash Champion
Why does the chart say Mario does better against Pikachu than Doc? Unless the difference in their recovery plays a big factor in this match up it should be impossible for Mario to do better.
I think mario is a worse matchup for pikachu than doc is. I don't know if it's enough for the difference, as I feel their both borderline between > and >> for pika, but yeah. No idea about YL though.
If you want actual reasoning, Mario's dthrow->fsmash can kill on many stages and is viable at lower percents than doc's dthrow->kobe. Fsmash in general can be rough for pika to get around, as many things that lead to dsmash lead to fsmash for mario, and it hurts a bit more. It's also pretty difficult(possibly impossible) to punish if shielded. Mario's recovery is slightly better. Mario's aerial combo game feels a bit harder to get away from (there's no menacing fair as with doc, but rarely to combos end in fair anyway). His nair is better for escaping combos, etc.

It's not a huge difference, but I've always felt mario does a little better vs chu.

otg

Smash Master
Andy, I've been playing with Vanz pika and I've learned a few new things. I can't wait to show you the next time we play. Oh but a big one, is if Doc lands a grab around like 70-80%, (the % right before dthrow -> kobe starts to work and the % right after dthrow -> dsmash/fsmash dont work anymore), you can dthrow -> uair -> fair prettty much regardless of DI. Pretty ****.

N64

Smash Champion
yes, then he can regrab you, until higher percents, where usmash works for similar results. Mario's utilt is pretty boss too, yeah.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
I'm sorry but I really need to say this:

LOL at Marth Vs Roy only at +2 for Marth.

Are you guys for real? Arguably one of Marths easiest match ups. Roy simply gets edge guarded by a simple d tilt and nothing else. He can't get in on a good Marth AT ALL. If you honestly just don't space wrong like an idiot Roy gets destroyed. Marth just goes lol u throw and if the Roy jumps from it he basically dies. It's incredibly easy to combo him and Marth can basicaly treat him like a spacey in every sense of the word.

Most of this chart is pretty accurate but there are some WTFS

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
You can actually drop off the edge and counter Roy's Up+B and then recover with Up+B and hog him. Or ledgehop counter. It's hilarious.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
why is Samus vs Shiek only -1. It really is a **** match up, it's not just a slight advantage. Shiek locks Samus down really well and her combos on Samus are devastating and plentiful.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
I know Hugs said that it's Shiek >> Samus. And since there was no opposition that should have been for the chart to say Shiek >> Samus.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I think HugS said otherwise. But I could be wrong. I didnt follow the samus discussion
Fix'd

I don't fight Samus very often so I don't really mind it being -1. In fact, there seems to be a push for characters that Sheik beats to be -1.

edit:

I know Hugs said that it's Shiek >> Samus. And since there was no opposition that should have been for the chart to say Shiek >> Samus.
I've already made posts defending the more controversial match ups (Fox/Falco vs Samus) Which I feel are:
Samus > Falco
Samus = Fox

My other opinions are as follows:

Marth >> Samus
Sheik > Samus
Peach = Samus
Falcon = Samus
Jiggly > Samus
Samus > IC
Samus > Doc
Samus > Luigi
Samus < Link
Samus < DK
Samus < Ganon
Samus > Pikachu
Samus > Mario

I will only do a big write up on Falcon/Peach if it is considered too much of an odd opinion and someone tries to tell me otherwise. In other words, i need someone to say why falcon/peach ***** Samus so that I may correct them from my perspective.

I will not comment on other matches because the consensus is as I put it, or I do not know enough about the match up to say why I feel this way.

I could touch on Sheik Marth too I guess. Let me know.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
its better than having your character lose every matchup cuz apparently sbs are trash and dont work at all. and m2 has 0000 strengths except recovering from **** only to get ***** again and die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom