• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Madness: Daz Madness! Melee and Brawl - April 18 and 19 - Framingham, MA

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameUnderground

Smash Journeyman
Does that mean they'll give us money for increased prizes? :D
Unfortunately not yet... however it appears like eventually this may turn into a "NBA or NFL" of video games... one day... By this i mean each chapter is in a different region and has a different "Chapter Name" like the Colorado Cutthroat Connection and is individually owned an run.... There's about 12 Chapters now and there is territory protection so there won't be another Boston one other than GU. Our chapter is...

The New England Game Universe Underground

(I think it's a sweet name)

There's a lot of advantages to this the main one is that they paid TIO to make their own version of the Tournament Maker we use. It will have a plug-in so that when a tournament is played you can click a button and it will upload the whole thing to a national ranking grid.

This will track your progress overall in ALL the games we do... so if you're good at Street Fighter IV and Smash Bros you can compare yourself to people across the country in several different games!

Each year each chapter will hold a Large Tournament like GameUniCon and there will be a HUGE Tournament that will be like the Super Bowl for video games called NVGA SuperCon and different chapters will send their best players there to compete. :) We already sent a Soul Calibur Player to this year's event!

The best part is that we remain independent and can still do whatever we want on our own as well.

What do you guys think about this?

If you want to read more about this check out www.nvgaonline.com We will be integrated into their site more in the coming weeks but if you do some searching on the forums you can find a section for the New England Game Universe Underground. (we aren't on the drop-down menu yet but if you go into the forums it's there) This will eventually be GU's official forum when our website is done in the coming weeks.

BTW GameUniCon is shaping up to be insane.

Almo

Smash Ace
banks fox dittos mm? i'll think of a number when it gets closer to the 18th.

Banks

Smash Hero
banks fox dittos mm? i'll think of a number when it gets closer to the 18th.
yes for definitely

money matches:
cogsmooch -falcon vs my ganon $2
kevinm - fox sheik sexaction $1
irish mafia - pikachu ditto $2
almo - fox ditto $TBA
manalord - ur falco vs my sheik $5

so far i'm definitely doing these

Almo

Smash Ace
lol ok so i think i've dropped marth and am just going to stick with fox for any melee i do. i need a better counter for puff though because i just get up throwed to rested since i forget how to DI since brawl is different.

Spife

Smash Master
He'll have none when he gets to me. He'll lose once, then pay me to keep my mouth shut about losing to a Link. Which I'll take, then tell everyone in the WORLD what happened.

Get at me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom