• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Madness: Daz Madness! Melee and Brawl - April 18 and 19 - Framingham, MA

Status
Not open for further replies.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Oh, really? So u didnt say that it didnt count cuz they split and that it was an empty win? Cuz you did. Try thinking b4 u post.
I didn't say Mango's win at SPOC was empty. I also didn't say Mango's win at SPOC was legitimate. Did I even mention SPOC? No, I didn't. You assumed that's what I thought.

The fact of the matter is, I feel the grand finals at SPOC don't really count for much either. They split. In that situation Grand Finals is not that much more important than a friendly, apart from it being watched by thousands of smashers.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Jman was playing ridiculously well, but under the circumstances I don't think the win is anything to freak out about. At any rate, it was fun to watch.

Also, I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Mango put Jman in losers before they agreed to split at SPOC.

Chewman, you're being a tool for no reason.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
if you say so I guess

lol they split because we were playing MSX
Good times
and ercichewman or whatever
CALM YOURSELF SON
It's a god**** mass madness, not freaking Pound 3
Not a huge deal

:/

Edit: splitting makes GF's seem so much less intense

ZoSo

Smash Champion
I don't think I've ever played Metal Slug at a Mass Madness...

That just seems wrong somehow.

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
I didn't say Mango'd win at SPOC was empty. I also didn't say Mango's win at SPOC was legitimate. Did I even mention SPOC? No, I didn't. You assumed that's what I thought.

The fact of the matter is, I feel the grand finals at SPOC don't really count for much either. They split. In that situation Grand Finals is not that much more important than a friendly, apart from it being watched by thousands of smashers.
You're really not smart. Okay let me explain how logic works. If u said it was an empty win because they split at MM, then by that assessment all split games are empty. Hence you would be considering mango's win over jman at Spoc an empty win. Get it? I mean really. Mango lost 3-0 in grand finals to Jman in a well played set, get over it and stop trying to John for Mango. Im not even saying Jman best in the world now or anything(thats still M2K:p) Im just so proud of Jman, and if you were at spoc u would know why after watching the MM set.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
You're really not smart. Okay let me explain how logic works. If u said it was an empty win because they split at MM, then by that assessment all split games are empty. Hence you would be considering mango's win over jman at Spoc an empty win. Get it? I mean really. Mango lost 3-0 in grand finals to Jman in a well played set, get over it and stop trying to John for Mango. Im not even saying Jman best in the world now or anything(thats still M2K:p) Im just so proud of Jman, and if you were at spoc u would know why after watching the MM set.
Yes, the rules of logic do apply. But up until my previous post in this thread, I had said nothing about SPOC. You put those words in my mouth with this post:
Quit life dude. They split at SPOC, i guess that was an empty win for Mango too eh? Way to be a douche.
You even phrased it as a question.

I've got nothing against Jman, and I'm not trying to john for Mango. I wasn't at SPOC, but I was at Mass Madness, and saw this set in person. If you had been there, you would have seen the differences between the two players. Jman deserved this win with the amount of effort he put forth. He was exerting himself so much that it showed on his face and gestures. Mango was concentrating, but he wasn't nearly as into the match as Jman was. You could tell who wanted it more, and it showed in the results.

Stop trying to make me out to be a douche trying to rain on your parade. What I'm trying to do is the exact opposite of what you're doing. Instead of hyping this up to huge proportions and giving West Coast more reason to dislike us, I'm trying to tone this down so we don't all post like rabid dogs at a rave.

Unfortunately, I'm probably failing to prevent this.

Spife

Smash Master
Variola, most raves don't allow pets. Where do you get this misconception that dogs (let alone rabid dogs) go to raves? Also, how do they drop e? Where do they get the money? Trust me, Dog bones don't cut it with drug dealers.
Learn your facts.

Spife

Smash Master
<3 I just don't want you thinking you can go to a rave and bring Fido (while he's foaming). i'm looking out for you

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
Yes, the rules of logic do apply. But up until my previous post in this thread, I had said nothing about SPOC. You put those words in my mouth with this post:
You even phrased it as a question.
I've got nothing against Jman, and I'm not trying to john for Mango. I wasn't at SPOC, but I was at Mass Madness, and saw this set in person. If you had been there, you would have seen the differences between the two players. Jman deserved this win with the amount of effort hep put forth. He was exerting himself so much that it showed on his face and gestures. Mango was
concentrating, but he wasn't nearly as into the match as Jman was. You could tell who wanted it more, and it showed in the results.

Stop trying to make me out to be a douche trying to rain on your parade. What I'm trying to do is the exact opposite of what you're doing. Instead of hyping this up to huge proportions and giving West Coast more reason to dislike us, I'm trying to tone this down so we don't all post like rabid dogs at a rave.

Unfortunately, I'm probably failing to prevent this.
First off. Do you know what sarcasm is? Thats a serious question. Cuz you actually didnt comprehend why my post was in the form of a question. It was in the form of a question because it was sarcastic! Duhhhh! Are you a foreign exchange student or something, if so, then my bad. I dont want for people blow this out of proportion for real, but some good old fashion cheering and smacktalk is necessary for this, who the f are you to piss all over it and create your own rules of what can or cant be said after a win like this.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
ErciChewman, I don't think you understand. When you make jokes like that, it's fine, but he was just trying to make sure it didn't get out of hand.
Something like that starts off as a joke, but ends up with people being seen in a negative light from all the trashtalk. One person on the east coast, no matter how insignificant it may seem, can end up making all of east coast look like petty kids who don't know how to win.

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
ErciChewman, I don't think you understand. When you make jokes like that, it's fine, but he was just trying to make sure it didn't get out of hand.
Something like that starts off as a joke, but ends up with people being seen in a negative light from all the trashtalk. One person on the east coast, no matter how insignificant it may seem, can end up making all of east coast look like petty kids who don't know how to win.
Dude, im 26. Youre talkin to the wrong guy. I said what i said i dont care who mistranslates it. This became an issue because Variola decided he was high and mighty and could tell me to "shut up". That doesnt fly with me. Im cool with mango and jman and they know this so i dont care what some scrub thinks, so long as he doesnt get in my business and insult me.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Dude, im 26. Youre talkin to the wrong guy. I said what i said i dont care who mistranslates it. This became an issue because Variola decided he was high and mighty and could tell me to "shut up". That doesnt fly with me. Im cool with mango and jman and they know this so i dont care what some scrub thinks, so long as he doesnt get in my business and insult me.
Have it your way. If you want to blow something like this out of proportion and make an *** out of yourself, there's really nothing I can do about that.

If you didn't notice, this entire argument is about what people think. Not just the top pros, but the entire smash community. If you say you don't care what "some scrub" thinks, why try and legitimize yourself by saying you're "cool with mango and jman"?

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Mango agreed to forfeit to Jman in the winners bracket. He went into the finals thinking that they would split and the set would mostly just be for show. Jman went into it wanting to win at all costs (and he played like it, obviously). I don't think there's necessarily anything wrong with that, but it's not like Jman beat him at his peak in the finals of some huge tourney and saved the day for the EC, which is what you're trying to turn this into. If you don't see it that way, more power to you, but there is no need at all for you to be acting so butthurt.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Woohoo closed on the account of tools take this to the results thread before you get infracted.

Try and debate civilly next time instead of resorting to calling each other names and crying. Honestly I know you all well in real life and you're better then this.

God you put a keyboard in front of people and they act like such *******es.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom