• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Madness: Daz Madness! Melee and Brawl - April 18 and 19 - Framingham, MA

Status
Not open for further replies.

noodles

Smash Champion
i never heard blackanese trash talk. zro is really funny though. i think its a standard for ny to be so funny

PeanutSC

Smash Cadet
Hey all, Peanut here reporting live from Framingham, MA where Mass Madness is quietly gathering its forces before it all goes down.

I'd say there's about 40 or 50 people here so far with around 10 setups being busily patronized by melee folk - no brawl tournament today so it's relatively uncrowded (unlike the last MM).

Doubles signups have recently begun; here's who's on the docket so far:

[Team name; players]

A Manly Fish's Brother and His Cohort; Dudutsai + WeaponX
Boiled Goose; AOL + Solar
Dubsack; DubC + BHigz
Illogical Truth; Roman + Arc
Miley Cyrus; CogSmooch + Kwan
Say Gold Bowser; KevinM + HileyM
Team GetBackers; Hero + LittlePhil
TeamKill; Chris + David
lasers go pew pew pew; JMan + Alukard
Crape lady; G$ + Mango
Fleshwang; Banks + Th0rn
On inauguration day, President Obama stepped up to the podium and read one phrase - "SHOW ME YA MOVES" - a phrase that brought an entire nation to tears; Questor + Irish Mafia
Double the flavor, double the fun; Matt.Zeb + Variola
Street Fighter 4!!!!; SkillzD + Flow

CogSmooch, why you gotta name your team after a Disney teenybopper superstar ... again?

Shoutouts to MZ and Archer for running this gig and the staff of Game Universe for being so chill. Unfortunately I don't have my mini-usb cable so I can't upload pics as I go, but there definitely will be pictures afterwards on smashboards and facebook.

We're waiting on Alukard, Mango, and the rest of the big name folk from SPOC to get here before things officially begin. In the meantime I'm going to work on my wavedashing - I'm a little out of practice since my friends only play smash64.

More updates to come!

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
im sad, i didnt get to play snakeee in peach dittos T____T

and i wish i could have stayed for melee </3

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Another bad day.
Thats crappy, and it happens to me too (a lot) so don't feel bad. I got nervous in a few matches and instead of hitting that last kill move I needed, lost my cool and accidentally transformed... I ate a few fully charged smashes and then proceeded to lose......

Snakeee

Smash Master
im sad, i didnt get to play snakeee in peach dittos T____T

and i wish i could have stayed for melee </3
:( Next time. Good stuff in teams, I can't believe Peach + Zelda took a game off a double Metaknight with my brother in it.

Anyway, I give Turtle a lot of credit for that first game, but Pictochat really shouldn't be on X_X.
Next time I'm using Zelda on you, and I'll be practicing that match up :)
I've never seen someone powershield - grab Peach's F-air every single time before o_O

Ru-fi-o

Banned via Administration
But yeah great upsets. So glad Kool-Aid beat that arrogant **** Diem. Turtle beating Snakeee was awesome too. Pictochat loves you.
You can **** talk me til you're blue in the face, cause I don't even know who you are. Join my fanclub, assface. :D

Much props to koolaid though. Best Pit I've played.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
:( Next time. Good stuff in teams, I can't believe Peach + Zelda took a game off a double Metaknight with my brother in it.

Anyway, I give Turtle a lot of credit for that first game, but Pictochat really shouldn't be on X_X.
Next time I'm using Zelda on you, and I'll be practicing that match up :)
I've never seen someone powershield - grab Peach's F-air every single time before o_O
Woot at team bewbs getting creds!

On a more serious note, If you find ANYTHING good or new or useful about the diddy/zelda match-up tell me. I need help there. My strat right now is get the bananas because Zelda is awesome with them. And try to up air when they are pulling out the bananas....

Keitaro

But yeah great upsets. So glad Kool-Aid beat that arrogant **** Diem. Turtle beating Snakeee was awesome too. Pictochat loves you.
If you really give DM a chance he's just a hillarious man that loves to play jokes and is short.

Inui in person is also very fun :D

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Was Diem the one who made me think I was going insane while watching a match? (He kept asking which one I was even though I was not playing)

Funny but.... it worked a little too well. lol

Snakeee

Smash Master
Woot at team bewbs getting creds!

On a more serious note, If you find ANYTHING good or new or useful about the diddy/zelda match-up tell me. I need help there. My strat right now is get the bananas because Zelda is awesome with them. And try to up air when they are pulling out the bananas....
Try to predict exactly when he will throw the bananas and press B, but that ones obvious lol.
Go for glide toss - D-tilts - D-smash a lot because that's awesome :)
Diddy also seems to fall into her smashes quite a bit, and I also like to up tilt with my back to him when I predict his side B.

If you want to talk about it more detailed then talk to me on AIM. Think it's listed on here

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
this tournament was really fun. i had a great time ^_^.
good games to everyone i played.
Darc nice games in winners and grand finals :D.
brandon- thanks for helping me out a bit with tips. glad i am now a SUPERKNIGHT! XD

PeanutSC

Smash Cadet
Update:

The natives are getting restless!! 13 teams signed up so far and apparently Alukard is driving 100mph to get here. Estimated time for doubles to actually start is 3pm since we're still waiting for the NY crew.

Update++:
It's 2:43pm and the NY folks have arrived! Mango, G$, JMan, DJ Nintendo, and Alukard are all here. Doubles start in 10 minutes.

Doubles bracket, round 1:

Fleshwang --> bye
Street Fighter!!!! vs. Miley Cyrus

lasers go pew pew pew vs. On inauguration day ...
Illogical Truths vs. TeamKilll

Crape lady --> bye (because Mango whined)
Dubsack vs. Team GetBack

Boiled Goose vs. Double the fun
A Manly Fish vs. Stay Gold Bowser

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Since I don't think results are up yet, probably waiting on Melee Day,

Snakeee it was good meeting you. Enjoyed our set, even if I was stupid nervous and SD'd at one point. Doing well against your Peach, even if I didn't win, gave me some more confidence in that match up and the tips you gave me were helpful. You're too chill. I wanna play your Zelda/Sheik some if you come up again.

DM - Too funny. Way too funny. Although walking somewhere and having you scream behind me freaked me the **** out. Loud unexpected noises are no fun.

Shadow - Good seeing you again. If I had played you I probably woulda gone Sonic and played the whole set trying for more hilarious silly gimps.

Blackanese - Don't let Glick ***** out on tourneys. Drag his out here. Good to meet ya, good ****.

I think that's all the OoSers I actually talked to met, everyone else will have to wait till results go up, cause I'm super lazy.

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
Mango and Jman better team...

...and their team name better be Mango > Darc

edit: **** they didn't team ;_;

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Normally im really good on that stage, but lately it hates me
The good thing is when I fought you there... however long ago that was. I discovered something cool. Zelda's dtilt hits people who are under the stage knocking them back into the water! Too bad everyone bans that against us now...

DotHack

Smash Apprentice
Yo DM. Is there something I was doing horribly wrong in the MK dittos we had. (2nd round when your shuttle loop didn't effect my drill rush twice)

PeanutSC

Smash Cadet
Teams Round 2 (winners)
Fleshwang vs. Miley Cyrus

lasers go pewpewpew vs. Illogical Truths

Crape lady vs. Team GetBack

Boiled Goose vs. A Manly Fish ...

Teams R2 (losers):
Street Fighter!!!! --> bye

On inauguration day ... vs. TeamKill

Dubsack --> bye

Double the fun vs. Stay Gold Bowser

Team R3 (winners):
Fleshwang vs. lasers go pew pew pew

Crape lady vs. Boiled Goose

Team R3 (losers):
Street Fighter!!!! vs. Team GetBack

On inauguration ... vs. A Manly Fish ...

Dubsack vs. Miley Cyrus

Double the fun vs. Illogical Truths

Ru-fi-o

Yo DM. Is there something I was doing horribly wrong in the MK dittos we had. (2nd round when your shuttle loop didn't effect my drill rush twice)
Recover with tornado more! :D

Also, don't just use ftilt inhopes I'll run into it, that's what fsmash is for.

DotHack

Smash Apprentice
Ah...sort of like how I thought I'd punish your F-smash and got tipped. On that matter. I didn't know you could punish my F-smash with your own. That was sexy. O.o

I'll be honest though. The thought of Tornado recovery never even crossed my mind. xD

Ru-fi-o

Ah...sort of like how I thought I'd punish your F-smash and got tipped. On that matter. I didn't know you could punish my F-smash with your own. That was sexy. O.o

I'll be honest though. The thought of Tornado recovery never even crossed my mind. xD
The chances and timing for UpB to beat tornado is laughable, it's one the safest ways to recover. And yes, Fsmash>Fsmash if you space :D

PeanutSC

Smash Cadet
Team winners finals:
Crape lady vs. [TBA]

Team R4 (losers):
[TBA] vs. [TBA]

Miley Cyrus vs. Illogical Truths

Winner of Miley Cyrus vs. Illogical Truths plays Boiled Goose

DotHack

Smash Apprentice
Boiled Goose; AOL + Solar
Illogical Truth; Roman + Arc
Miley Cyrus; CogSmooch + Kwan
lasers go pew pew pew; JMan + Alukard
Crape lady; G$ + Mango

From an earlier post. >_>

But yea. I actually wish I'd played more matches with you afterwards. There aren't any consistent MK players in CT.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
The good thing is when I fought you there... however long ago that was. I discovered something cool. Zelda's dtilt hits people who are under the stage knocking them back into the water! Too bad everyone bans that against us now...
hehe, Peach+Zelda (melda) is a top tier team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom