• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Madness 15: The worst TO ever! PC Approved - April 18 and 19 - Framingham, MA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foufy

Smash Apprentice
Foufy, this is a mass tornament thread. A couple weeks ago, it was Bullheaded Onychonoms, and before that, it was MM 13.

But yeah it is going to kick ***.
o rly? didn't know.
So how many people are estimated to be comin at this point.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
WTF?! Why are you using Ace's sh***y ruleset?! Why the F*** is Luigi's Mansion banned?! I challenge you to name ONE thing that makes the stage bannable!

That said, I'll be there. If anyone (read: GREEN ACE) johns about MK again at this tournament, with a ruleset that is so biased against MK, I will have to be held back to keep from attacking him.
Umm... you're literally the only person that complained about my ruleset man. And you're johning about a rule set that doesn't help metaknight? I mean, no offense, but is there a single level he's bad on? My ruleset also doesn't favor King Dedede but Buuman didn't john about that at all.

And honestly. Metaknight is the best character in the game. To point were it's still fiercely debated. There are alot of rather gay things about MetaKnight, if Green Ace doesn't like playing against him that sucks, but don't say stuff like that, it's tacky man.

(My stage list also screwed Icy on his cps, but he wasn't complaining about at all.)

Foufy

Smash Apprentice
Did...did a Meta Knight just make johns?

Really?
lol

and thx for the link MDZ, I didn't even understand what was wrong till the end when it changed the song =)
I respect that it's the tourney director's decision to ban whatever stage they want and I understand how Luigi's could be considered a bannable stage, but I still don't think it should be. It seems like just a good CP and its unfortunate that it was ruined like this.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Seriously though, PS2 should be banned. Friction and Gravity changes are ridiculous and adaption to those variable changes are completely different based on what character you are PLUS the effect it has on each character is entirely different as well.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I'll be bringing my Wii, copy of Brawl, copy of Melee, etc.

My Brawl has custom music and infinite replay so feel free to use it as a recording station :D In fact, I might bring a Gamecube along as well so you can use my Wii as the one of the "1 or 2 brawl set-ups during melee" period that usually occurs, just so people can continue to record matches. I'll upload anything that gets saved.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Seriously though, PS2 should be banned. Friction and Gravity changes are ridiculous and adaption to those variable changes are completely different based on what character you are PLUS the effect it has on each character is entirely different as well.
Bottom page post.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
PS2 isn't banned?
I didn't look over the list, I had assumed that Ace's was fine.

I'll put that on the ban list, I completely agree with you Niko.

Foufy

Smash Apprentice

My Brawl has custom music and infinite replay so feel free to use it as a recording station :D In fact, I might bring a Gamecube along as well so you can use my Wii as the one of the "1 or 2 brawl set-ups during melee" period that usually occurs, just so people can continue to record matches. I'll upload anything that gets saved.
That's cool of you dude.
I don't know if your Wii will be busy, but I would really like to get a vid or 2recorded. I don't have an SD card so none of my matches are recordable, I really wanna get just 1 or 2 uploaded.

So Fatal

Smash Master

How exactly can I do this? And what kind of custom music?

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
****kk this is my the 6 mo anniversary w/ the gf and i promised her id take her to NY.. maybe she wont mind if we go to ny the day after LOL i really want to go to this >__< so .. chances are ill find a way <3

cus i have a week off of work , at this time hehe

Foufy

Smash Apprentice
****kk this is my the 6 mo anniversary w/ the gf and i promised her id take her to NY.. maybe she wont mind if we go to ny the day after LOL i really want to go to this >__< so .. chances are ill find a way <3

cus i have a week off of work , at this time hehe
Just make sure u keep ur relationship healthy.
It's a lot more personal to under-prioritize ur gf than under-prioritize a SSB tourney

A lot more could go wrong with ur gf than a video game.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
That's cool of you dude.
I don't know if your Wii will be busy, but I would really like to get a vid or 2recorded. I don't have an SD card so none of my matches are recordable, I really wanna get just 1 or 2 uploaded.
That's fine. Since they'd saved as replays and not directly recorded, player tags aren't saved, so as long as people write down on a piece of paper the matchup (players, characters, stage), I'll upload it.

How exactly can I do this? And what kind of custom music?

Is there a guide on how to do this??
You need to get the Homebrew Channel on your Wii, and use Ocarina codes (essentially gameshark/action replay etc). There should be a bunch of guides for it somewhere in General Brawl, maybe in a Brawl+ thread or something.

The only codes I have active on my Wii are infinite replay, infinite camera in replays, and custom music. I didn't touch gameplay at all, so people will be essentially playing on any other station, just with the ability to save all matches and hear Mona Pizza on the main menu :D

The Irish Mafia said:
.zeb, you have the best icon.
The Irish Mafia, you have the best unuploaded videos. :(

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Yeah, there are 2 Maine drivers willing to go to this (1 for Melee, the other for both), so I'm sure I'll be all set. We should get tons of friendlies in before we go to CoT4, I missed the chance to play against you yesterday D:

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Yeah, there are 2 Maine drivers willing to go to this (1 for Melee, the other for both), so I'm sure I'll be all set. We should get tons of friendlies in before we go to CoT4, I missed the chance to play against you yesterday D:

come
to
my house
for
days

Niko_K

Smash Master
Think you could house me Jake? I just gotta figure out whats the closest greyhound station to you xD.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Think you could house me Jake? I just gotta figure out whats the closest greyhound station to you xD.
hmmm its possible, i was more or less joking with the housing, my gf will be home from japan so i might be at her parents house half the time, but its possibleee

Jman115

Smash Journeyman
Daz,
Are you guys driving to CoT4? Or is there a bus you take? If there is a bus I'd like to try and go.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I know, just making conversation <_<

JMaineMan, I'm going with obm and a few other people, last I remember the car going is full =(

GameUnderground

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys!

2 quick things...

1. I think we are gonna go with a format where every other tournament is Melee only. We have a large demand for this however, some people always still want to play brawl.

Keep in mind, maybe newer brawl players will find out about melee this way and want to move over to playing melee more.

also...

2. Every other Friday night at GU is Fighting Game Night. You are welcome to come and bring melee or brawl setups and play! It's $5 to play from 6pm - 11pm (however last time we stayed til 6am) There's a thread Tom made for it on the boards but I thought it was worth mentioning. The next one is

Jan 30th.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Hey guys how does a two day tournament sound?

If we were to have one people would have to stay in motels in the area as there are not many smashers in Framinham except for Kyu Puff that I can think of.
Though I'm sure other people wouldn't mind housing.

Jamie is thinking that on the day there is Brawl we wouldn't get many setups, do you guys think we could?
Maybe we could have forced setups. Brawl Singles and Melee Doubles one day then vice versa the next.

I dont know, but reply to this with your thoughts!

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Hey guys!

2 quick things...

1. I think we are gonna go with a format where every other tournament is Melee only. We have a large demand for this however, some people always still want to play brawl.

Keep in mind, maybe newer brawl players will find out about melee this way and want to move over to playing melee more.

also...

2. Every other Friday night at GU is Fighting Game Night. You are welcome to come and bring melee or brawl setups and play! It's $5 to play from 6pm - 11pm (however last time we stayed til 6am) There's a thread Tom made for it on the boards but I thought it was worth mentioning. The next one is

Jan 30th.
wow that's amazing
I think I may go to the next one!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom