• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Madness 15: The worst TO ever! PC Approved - April 18 and 19 - Framingham, MA

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Matt, can you pick me up for this? Who's your ride?; tell them Franklin is on the way to Framingham from Quincy. Pat might wanna go too.
I'd be going, probably, with **** Tom/Vigilante or Fatal (since he's close he may be willing).

And Franklin is so out of the way on framingham from quincy.

C.Awesum

Smash Cadet
AWH YEAH im gettin MAH BARLW ON :p
Dazwa lets do Brawl CF dittos for the title of best Falcon PAWNCH'er in maine ;P

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
I think Cog is talking about Wuwu. i think he lived in NH. I haven't really talked to him since those Maine tournaments i attended , so i dunno what he's up 2 now.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
AWH YEAH im gettin MAH BARLW ON :p
Dazwa lets do Brawl CF dittos for the title of best Falcon PAWNCH'er in maine ;P
rofl Dustin Trevor and I were cheering you on in the live stream! I saw what you did to Ally in that first game, I'm scared! :laugh: I'll give it a shot though

whatever happened to that falco main who moved to maine from the midwest? am I remembering right?
Dope was going to move to Maine but then he didn't.

edit: How could I forget about Wuwu? ;_;

Well he did only attend one tournament and then vanish, buuuuut no johns on my part.

I just remembered he's the Olimar who gets gimped in BARLW.

NOHK

Smash Apprentice
pretty pumped for this, and by the time this comes around i should have atleast 1 tourney under my belt, so im preeettty pumped. and delta if you can make it to the framingham commuter station, we can walk there together its only like 2-3 mile walk. not to bad.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
ManaLord, you never come so LOL
I have been meaning to write this letter for some time now and, in light of recent developments, I believe it is appropriate. I guess I should start by saying that I can't understand why Darc has to be so backwards. Maybe a dybbuk has taken up residence inside Darc's head and is making him censor by caricature and preempt discussion by stereotype. It's a bit more likely, however, that he knows that performing an occasional act of charity will make some people forgive—or at least overlook—all of his cranky excesses. My take on the matter is that adversarialism is not merely an attack on our moral fiber. It is also a politically motivated attack on knowledge. Darc's myrmidons warrant that "sesquipedalianism is a viable and vital objective for our nation's educational institutions." First off, that's a lousy sentence. If they had written instead that the few surly spoiled brats who deny this are not only wrong, they are willfully jealous, then that quote would have had more validity. As it stands, while we do nothing, those who create an unwelcome climate for those of us who are striving to reveal the constant tension between centripetal and centrifugal forces of dialogized heteroglossia resulting from Darc's epithets are gloating and smirking. And they will keep on gloating and smirking until we oppose evil wherever it rears its bloody-minded, whiney head.

There is nothing Darc wants more than to mete out harsh and arbitrary punishment against his adversaries until they're intimidated into a benumbed, neutralized, impotent, and non-functioning mass, but what makes matters entirely intolerable is knowing that he seeks scapegoats for his own shortcomings by blaming the easiest target he can find, that is, the most corrupt lounge lizards you'll ever see. I'm sure you get my point here. If you were to try to tell his sycophants that it really bothers Darc when people don't obey him, they'd close their eyes and put their hands over their ears. They are, as the psychologists say, in denial. They don't want to hear that time cannot change Darc's behavior. Time merely enlarges the field in which Darc can, with ever-increasing intensity and thoroughness, interfere with my efforts to introduce an important but underrepresented angle on his contentious diatribes.

Darc says that he is omnipotent. What he means by this, of course, is that he wants free reign to limit the terms of debate by declaring certain subjects beyond discussion. Although some impulsive, uncontrollable firebrands reluctantly concede that you don't need a preschool diploma to understand that the mistaken claim that the rest of us are an inferior group of people, fit only to be enslaved, beaten, and butchered at the whim of our betters is not only incorrect but is somewhat telling of his core sentiments, they invariably deny that it has long been obvious to attentive observers that after enduring a barrage of his chauvinistic programs of Gleichschaltung, one normally experiences intense levels of stress, difficulty sleeping, and anxiety about one's physical safety as well as one's career. But did you know that those of us whose minds are not narcotized still remember Darc's frequent outbreaks of savagery? Darc doesn't want you to know that because of all of his exaggerations and incorrect comparisons, one in particular stands out: "Darc's ruses enhance performance standards, productivity, and competitiveness." I, not being one of the many diabolic geeks of this world, don't know where he came up with this, but his statement is dead wrong. Let me leave you with one last thought: In the near future, Darc will pull out all stops in his abysmal drive to acquire power and use it to indoctrinate the most besotted defalcators I've ever seen.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
copypasta,i really really hope
The only thing worse than being ignorant is not knowing how ignorant you are. That's Banks's problem. In the first place, my dream is for tired eyes to open and see clearly, broken spirits to find new energy, and weary arms to find the strength to reinforce notions of positive self-esteem and encourage others to do the same. Unsettling as that is, the more infuriating fact is that every time Banks tells his loyalists that my bitterness at him is merely the latent projection of libidinal energy stemming from self-induced anguish, their eyes roll into the backs of their heads as they become mindless receptacles of unsubstantiated information, which they accept without question. Someone just showed me a memo supposedly written by Banks. The memo spells out his plans to establish tacit boundaries and ground rules for the permissible spectrum of opinion. If this memo is authentic, it tells us that Banks had promised us liberty, equality, and fraternity. Instead, he gave us unilateralism, racism, and negativism. I suppose we should have seen that coming, especially since certain facts are clear. For instance, if Banks is going to make an emotional appeal then he should also include a rational argument.

Banks keeps missing my point. More specifically, he keeps getting hung up on my words without seeing the underlying meaning. For example, when I say that two wrongs don't make a right, Banks seems incapable of realizing that what I'm really getting at is that I am not a robot. I am a thinking, feeling, human being. As such, I get teary-eyed whenever I see Banks let unprincipled, oppressive brutes serve as our overlords. It makes me want to make this world a kinder, gentler place, which is why I'm so eager to tell you that Banks regards himself as both omniscient and omnicompetent, fully qualified to put any intellectual discipline in the world in its place. Think about it, and I'm sure you'll agree with me.

I don't suppose Banks realizes which dialectic principle he's violating by maintaining that defeatism and chauvinism are identical concepts. Therefore, I shall take it upon myself to explain. If Banks wants to be taken seriously, he should counter the arguments in this letter with facts, not illogical panaceas, personal anecdotes, or insults. Ask yourself: What sort of severe tunnel vision has led him to feel that human beings should be appraised by the number of things and the amount of money they possess instead of by their internal value and achievements? I bet you'll answer the same way that I did because we both know that I strive to be consistent in my arguments. I can't say that I'm 100% true to this, but Banks's frequent vacillating leads me to believe that if you can make any sense out his heinous deeds then you must have gotten higher marks in school than I did. In short, we must stick to our guns and not let Banks convince us that his adages won't be used for political retribution.

Delta_0

Smash Cadet
Yeah, can we get a tl;dr version? Not being disrespectful or anything (at least not trying to), but it'd be nice not to have to read walls and walls of text.

Milos

Smash Lord
I have been meaning to write this letter for some time now and, in light of recent developments, I believe it is appropriate. I guess I should start by saying that I can't understand why Darc has to be so backwards. Maybe a dybbuk has taken up residence inside Darc's head and is making him censor by caricature and preempt discussion by stereotype. It's a bit more likely, however, that he knows that performing an occasional act of charity will make some people forgive—or at least overlook—all of his cranky excesses. My take on the matter is that adversarialism is not merely an attack on our moral fiber. It is also a politically motivated attack on knowledge. Darc's myrmidons warrant that "sesquipedalianism is a viable and vital objective for our nation's educational institutions." First off, that's a lousy sentence. If they had written instead that the few surly spoiled brats who deny this are not only wrong, they are willfully jealous, then that quote would have had more validity. As it stands, while we do nothing, those who create an unwelcome climate for those of us who are striving to reveal the constant tension between centripetal and centrifugal forces of dialogized heteroglossia resulting from Darc's epithets are gloating and smirking. And they will keep on gloating and smirking until we oppose evil wherever it rears its bloody-minded, whiney head.

There is nothing Darc wants more than to mete out harsh and arbitrary punishment against his adversaries until they're intimidated into a benumbed, neutralized, impotent, and non-functioning mass, but what makes matters entirely intolerable is knowing that he seeks scapegoats for his own shortcomings by blaming the easiest target he can find, that is, the most corrupt lounge lizards you'll ever see. I'm sure you get my point here. If you were to try to tell his sycophants that it really bothers Darc when people don't obey him, they'd close their eyes and put their hands over their ears. They are, as the psychologists say, in denial. They don't want to hear that time cannot change Darc's behavior. Time merely enlarges the field in which Darc can, with ever-increasing intensity and thoroughness, interfere with my efforts to introduce an important but underrepresented angle on his contentious diatribes.

Darc says that he is omnipotent. What he means by this, of course, is that he wants free reign to limit the terms of debate by declaring certain subjects beyond discussion. Although some impulsive, uncontrollable firebrands reluctantly concede that you don't need a preschool diploma to understand that the mistaken claim that the rest of us are an inferior group of people, fit only to be enslaved, beaten, and butchered at the whim of our betters is not only incorrect but is somewhat telling of his core sentiments, they invariably deny that it has long been obvious to attentive observers that after enduring a barrage of his chauvinistic programs of Gleichschaltung, one normally experiences intense levels of stress, difficulty sleeping, and anxiety about one's physical safety as well as one's career. But did you know that those of us whose minds are not narcotized still remember Darc's frequent outbreaks of savagery? Darc doesn't want you to know that because of all of his exaggerations and incorrect comparisons, one in particular stands out: "Darc's ruses enhance performance standards, productivity, and competitiveness." I, not being one of the many diabolic geeks of this world, don't know where he came up with this, but his statement is dead wrong. Let me leave you with one last thought: In the near future, Darc will pull out all stops in his abysmal drive to acquire power and use it to indoctrinate the most besotted defalcators I've ever seen.
no u

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I think Cog is talking about Wuwu. i think he lived in NH. I haven't really talked to him since those Maine tournaments i attended , so i dunno what he's up 2 now.
Yeah that's him. He was cool.

I just remembered he's the Olimar who gets gimped in BARLW.
Hey hey my Olimar gets gimped in BARLW too. Actually as if I haven't said this enough, but you should be paying me royalties for that vid.

Banks

Smash Hero
Wow, I really need to start going to tournaments again. I'll do my best to attend this one.
me, you, darc, dazwa, boxman and cort if he goes can take a picture together and say it's an LL meetup

also to those talking about a falco main who moved to Maine, there was a guy named twiggy who was here for a few months but went back to NC. seems like everyone who moves/planned to move to maine plays falco. weird...

Banks

Smash Hero
roman i'll def mm or play u just for funs whenever, just ask anytime <3

cogsmooch i'll try my gannie =3 vs ur falcon if you'd like

and bloodcross good stuff coming hope you play melee *fingers crossed*

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
me, you, darc, dazwa, boxman and cort if he goes can take a picture together and say it's an LL meetup
Oh great, just the people I want to meet up with...

jk :laugh: >_>

Anyway, my parents are getting sick of always picking me up from college on Friday night every time I want to come home for a Saturday tournament, so I might have to look into taking a train or something, unless anybody else is driving up here from Rhode Island.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom