• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
why is there nothing but xmen and street fighter characters in this game?
Most popular characters will get more attention, since both Street Fighter and X-Men have the most crowd... well you know the rest.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
I started playing this game about 2 days ago. So I am a beginer at this perticular game so if I say anything noobish please forgive me. I do have to say that some of the characters come off as really really cheap.

Cyclops to me looks like a Falco in Melee with C. Falcons personal steroids.

Anyway I got the Dreamcast version. Does that make a difference or are they all the same game. (I am talking about compared to the PS2 and Xbox version.)

My currently favorite team is Cyclops/Cable/Dr.Doom, but I plan on changing that as I only have 4 characters unlocked.

I need some advice for cable though I like him because his weapons are cool and my step dad said he is a good character, but I do not know how to play him well what are some good cable combos that I should learn?

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
If you get the PlayStation 3 or 360 version, it comes with all characters unlocked, as well as online multiplayer. They're still the same core game, but those versions are far superior for those reasons alone.
I do not have a 360 or a PS3. :( I thought it was only for the Dreamcast/PS2/Xbox, is it like a virtual counsel thing for the PS3 and 360?

Edit: I do have a PS2 though, so if that version is better should I try and get it?

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Oh, no, they're all the same. The only real difference between the current generation versions is that they can play online and display in 16:9 720p HD.

But to answer your questions, no, it's available for the current generation via download on XBox Live or PlayStation Network, and the Dreamcast version is the same as the PlayStation or XBox version. I didn't even know Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes was released on the original XBox.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Edit: I do have a PS2 though, so if that version is better should I try and get it?
Unless you want to get it so you can use a PS2 controller, I'd say stick with the Dreamcast version.
Dreamcast version is the best because it's an arcade perfect port. But if that doesn't matter to you, then any version works.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I still can't believe someone actually owns a Dreamcast nowadays. They're so incredibly rare.

Anyway, I'm looking into playing this more with my completely non-viable team of Rogue/Wolverine/Colossus. I also suck at combo execution. Anyone with the PlayStation 3 version care to go a few rounds tomorrow?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I still can't believe someone actually owns a Dreamcast nowadays. They're so incredibly rare.

Anyway, I'm looking into playing this more with my completely non-viable team of Rogue/Wolverine/Colossus. I also suck at combo execution. Anyone with the PlayStation 3 version care to go a few rounds tomorrow?
I have a test I need to prepare for on Tuesday along with other homework I've been neglecting over the break.
I can do some MvC2 today or some other time though.

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
I just started playing again with friends. Weird that this thread just ressed within the same 2-3 days I started playing >.>

Kind of enjoying this more than MvC3 to be honest :\

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Man, I still need to play this game, I currently own the PS2 version but I haven't been able to play it, I'm actually thinking about getting the PS3 version just for online, hmm...

:phone:

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
wow omg i never heard of that match before. imma check it out.

i love that this thread is resurrected, i love marvel 2 so much. subscribed

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Hey Chok, I would definetly get this game if you played online.

Also, that video was good to the max, great stuff there.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i wish haha. i only have this game for ps2

edit: hahah ahhhhh storm vs storm

OH! OH! OH! OH! OH! OH! OH! OH! OH! OH! OH! OH! OH! OH! OH! OH! OH! OH! OH! OH! OH! OH! OH! OH! OH! OH! OH! OH! OH! OH! OH! OH! OH! OH! OH! OH! OH! OH! OH! OH! OH! OH! OH! OH! OH! OH!

mood4food77

Smash Hero
I'm not as bad at this game as I thought

I used the arcade stick for the first time on this game and it just felt right, I'm by no means good but I'm not a chicken with his head cut off bad like I thought i was

Still fun as hell and I'm totally learning it now, any mentors wanna teach me the golden ways later :)

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm not as bad at this game as I thought

I used the arcade stick for the first time on this game and it just felt right, I'm by no means good but I'm not a chicken with his head cut off bad like I thought i was

Still fun as hell and I'm totally learning it now, any mentors wanna teach me the golden ways later :)

I'd teach you but I don't have a mic. The best I could do is maybe send messages afterwards on PSN or here.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
man. execution in this game takes soooo much practice haha. i'm getting used to different teams though.

team clockw0rk is still my favorite!!!

what teams do people in this thread use?

mood4food77

Smash Hero
I was just messing around with doom, capcom, and sentinel a lot

Doom and sent felt similar enough to their mvc3 counterparts and capcom is just fun

I'm gonna keep trying with strider though, strider/doom is way to much fun

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
strider doom is extremely fun

it's just i've never really had to deal with cables or runaway storms before. i wonder what that's like. i haven't really played against a lot of people :C

mood4food77

Smash Hero
I'm still having trouble with ice man, I just was using people that i felt comfortable with and those work

This plays closer to mvc3 than I thought it does, just a lot faster

It feels like melee to brawl but opposite

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha yeah mvc2 is way harder. i would dabble in a lot of characters but eventually i came to see why exactly the top tier teams are top tier teams. storm/sent teams are so freakin strong

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ooooh sick. i've been trying to get more into tron bonne, but i'm not sure how to use her. i play tron in mvc3 so when i went to mvc2 i just spammed jump fierce... i don't think i'm doin' it right though, LOL.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
I mean, I tried out juggernaut, quite a bit too, I used to pretend to main anakaris but idk what I'm doing with him, haha

Cable is really gay, haha

When i go home ill try to play if I'm not too tired

Haha chok, I was doing the same thing when i played as tron, not the same

Minato

穏やかじゃない
ooooh sick. i've been trying to get more into tron bonne, but i'm not sure how to use her. i play tron in mvc3 so when i went to mvc2 i just spammed jump fierce... i don't think i'm doin' it right though, LOL.
Tron's fun in MvC2 when she's on point. She can deal great pressure and chip if you have Doom. She can almost kill a character in the corner with a throw reset. Facing top tiers though is a nightmare. Sentinel is doable but Storm and Cable are a nightmare for me.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha the gayest character i learned how to use was blackheart

then i saw a tutorial and watched these strange infinite setups that i didn't wanna bother learning

so i stuck with strider haha.

minato: hmmm i can imagine. she just seems kinda bad and really clunky on point. what do you do with doom assist? call doom then drill so that the drill is safe?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
minato: hmmm i can imagine. she just seems kinda bad and really clunky on point. what do you do with doom assist? call doom then drill so that the drill is safe?
It might just be easier for me to link the Mike-Z tutorial for Tron, haha. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Oazp23Q5SQ
But yeah, I like MvC2 Tron. She shines in the corner with her throws, OTGs, and resets.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
wow haha that's great damage. she can do neat stuff

is team z the only viable way to play her though? haha

Minato

穏やかじゃない
wow haha that's great damage. she can do neat stuff

is team z the only viable way to play her though? haha
Why? You don't like Juggernaut? XD

It seems to be her best team since those assists benefit her in extending combos, applying pressure, and doing resets. I do think that Doom helps her a lot though. Juggernaut assist could probably be substituted for something else but I haven't looked into that yet.

Edit: Cammy's pretty good. Her AAA assist is great and she's decent on point. She's also amazing against people online that don't know how to roll. lol

Top Bottom