• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351

Publisher: Capcom
Developer(s): Capcom, Backbone Entertainment (2009 re-release)
Platform(s): Arcade, Dreamcast, VMU, PlayStation 2, XBox, PlayStation 3, XBox 360
Genre: Fighting
Number of Players: 1-2
Release Date: 2000
ESRB Rating: T - Animated Blood, Animated Violence, Suggestive Themes
PEGI Rating: 12+
MSRP: $14.99

[COLLAPSE="XBox Live Gamertags:"]
  • Minato: Rhapsody R
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="PlayStation Network IDs:"]
  • disasterABDUL: disasterABDUL
  • Minato: Izanagi_XIII
  • OmegaXVII: OmegaKoopa
  • Serris: Herple-Derples
[/COLLAPSE]

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Can we talk about it here?

Cause I wanna ask a question?

How good is a team of Variety Strider, Dash Jill, and Dash Sakura/Expansion Akuma?

This is mainly the team I wanna work with...

But any suggestions? I'll try and get a vid of me playing... but it might take a bit... I need to get some more quarters :3
If you wanna just **** around and make that ur low tier team go for it. As long as you know what ur doing and can build and use meter effectively it will work fine. But, if you want it to be your serious team then the team is terrible in all regards.

P.S that's a sexy Hayato

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
so i just came across this picture in the king dedede forums

http://kimag.es/share/94139314.jpg

IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE
Curleh mustache. :chuckle::p

main roll. she is in fact so bad that she isn't even ranked, she just gets her own bottom teir. then she can team up with servbot and form a megaman based team
Also, Dan could be a guest on that team (there isn't anyone else with equivalent...skill as them). Ironically enough, he's ranked higher on the tier list than Roll (which isn't really an accomplishment).

Kantō

Smash Champion
i use spiderman, jill , and felicia

i just like those characters though i have no idea if its a good team or not, i have never played this game competitivly before

Smurfy EXE

Smash Apprentice
SMURFY CASTED LIFE2!

Okay, so what I know is that Akuma and Sakura are lower tiers, along with Jill, But I'm not entirely sure about her...

Strider is only good if he haz the mindgamez and a DR. Doom, I don't like how Doom plays, so I can't use him... :/

I've been using more of Strider Variety/ Captain Commando Anti Air/ Sakura Dash

I haven't really put thought into the team, these are just the characters that I like to play... I really like how they move, with such fluidity!

I played Strider in MvC (he was godly **** in that one), so I had to choose him again, I can only really do the standard LP,LK,MP,MK,Launcher, Pursuit, LP,LK,MP,MK, QCF+LP... I can move around the field pretty well, and I know his moveset, so I've got him down...

Captain Commando is just... like the Falcon of MvC2! LP,LK,MP,MK,Crouching HP, CAPTAIN STORM! Crouching HP, Launcher, CAPTAIN SWORD! and he protects me from aireal assaults! :3

And Sakura... Just cause I need a girl on the team, and for some reasons, she's just a little different from the other Shoto...

I used to use Akuma in her place, just so I can do Shun Goku Satsu and his Hurricane Kick assist. But he takes WAY too much damage!

I did get ***** by this one guy though, he was using... Guile/ Akuma Expansion/ I don't remember the last though, lol...

BUT OMG he was **** SAUCE!

Just tried to bring life back to dead thread :3

So who is pretty good on Capcom side, cause i don't really like Marvel side... they look ugly... except for Gambit, he's the only cool one :3

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
out of the marvel characters, you should try magneto, storm, sentinel, and cable. they are pretty good

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
i don't really like Marvel side... they look ugly... except for Gambit, he's the only cool one :3
That has to be the silliest reason I've heard for someone not picking any particular characters. :psycho:

I mean, even the ladies? They look fine to me.

out of the marvel characters, you should try magneto, storm, sentinel, and cable. they are pretty good
In other words, 4 heavenly gods that are guaranteed to cream just about anybody in a given match (but I'm fine with it, since I'm not concerned with tiers anyway :coolmonke).

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
In other words, 4 heavenly gods that are guaranteed to cream just about anybody in a given match (but I'm fine with it, since I'm not concerned with tiers anyway :coolmonke).
not unless the other person is better lol. People need to get away from this mentality that the magz/storm/sent/cable = insta win or something.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol yea other good characters are

strider/doom AAA

captain commando/psylocke because of their anti air assists

cyclops too good

blackheart LOL!

ironman get that infinite son

tronbonne if ur a warrior like that

if ur a total noob pick up ice man LOL its legit

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
lol yea other good characters are

strider/doom AAA

captain commando/psylocke because of their anti air assists

cyclops too good

blackheart LOL!

ironman get that infinite son

tronbonne if ur a warrior like that

if ur a total noob pick up ice man LOL its legit
Lets not forget Spiral/sent/xxx Ducs to good

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
How good is a team of Variety Strider, Dash Jill, and Dash Sakura/Expansion Akuma?

But any suggestions? I'll try and get a vid of me playing... but it might take a bit... I need to get some more quarters :3
Yeah, if you havent gotten the idea from people's posts so far, that's a horrid team. (No Offense).

Strider is ONLY high tier with doom (although I have personally witnessed Jwong make Strider/Silver Samurai work. Understand that Jwong cheats at MvC2)

Tiers aside, your main problem you will have with that team is that you wont be able to get in. You've got absolutely no cover from any of those assists, so you'll get stuffed cold by god/top tiers.

Another thing I think you'll find is that you have no safe DHCs (dont quote me on that, I dont know those characters, or MvC2 as a whole, that well.

For a dumb easy fix, I'd honestly suggestion Doom-AAA (Anti Air Assist). That's dumb easy cover to get in on people. From there you'd just be BnB'ing it out.

Smurfy EXE

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I changed up again :/

Now I think I'll start using Strider Variety/ Captain Commando Anti Air/ Expansion Ken

Why can't Strider be good w/o Doom?

And yeah, I know not picking a char cause they're ugly is kinda a dumb reason to not pick em... but, the girls on Marvel side look all Muscly and scary O_o,

I got a vid of me playing today :3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCQgQkVzN2o&feature=channel_page

I know I'm not amazing, and the quality is TERRIBLE, but gimme a little help, if you can tell what going on... :/

I'll upload the other one now

LLDL

Smash Hero
The slightly changed the logo for the game when the xbox and ps2 versions were released. Now, they reverted back to the original logo for the ps3 and xbox 360 versions. Why is that? What was the purpose of changing the marvel part of the logo in the ps2 / xbox versions? I find that interesting.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The slightly changed the logo for the game when the xbox and ps2 versions were released. Now, they reverted back to the original logo for the ps3 and xbox 360 versions. Why is that? What was the purpose of changing the marvel part of the logo in the ps2 / xbox versions? I find that interesting.
It may have been because Marvel wanted the logo to stay consistent with modern times.

However, since the PS2 and Xbox versions were a sore spot with fans, they must've decided to change back the look of the MvC2 logo, so that those fans wouldn't be reminded of any past controversy.

It may have been for nostalgia-related reasons, though.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Magneto-A, Storm-A, Sentinel-A.
That is all.

But just about every character in MvC2 is amazing. But team MSS is ****.
Or more like team Santhrax is the most **** thing in the game. The two strongest in Sent and Storm plus THE best anti-air assist in the game.

Just because Mag/Storm/Sent throws the 3 best characters onto one team doesn't make it the best.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Or more like team Santhrax is the most **** thing in the game. The two strongest in Sent and Storm plus THE best anti-air assist in the game.

Just because Mag/Storm/Sent throws the 3 best characters onto one team doesn't make it the best.
Yeah I normally hear about Santhrax and Matrix as the top teams...

Puddin

Smash Lord
Yo dawg, that's a good team you got there, and I'm gonna let you finish, but I think Mega Man/Jin/Captain Commando is the best team.

Maybe not the best, but my favorite, and I figure if I'm going to lose to Magneto/Storm/Sentinel I might as well do it with a team of characters I like.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Can we talk about it here?

Cause I wanna ask a question?

That is a bad team in regards to competition and in regards to low tier type teams, too.

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
Yeah, I changed up again :/

Now I think I'll start using Strider Variety/ Captain Commando Anti Air/ Expansion Ken

And yeah, I know not picking a char cause they're ugly is kinda a dumb reason to not pick em... but, the girls on Marvel side look all Muscly and scary O_o,

I got a vid of me playing today :3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCQgQkVzN2o&feature=channel_page

I know I'm not amazing, and the quality is TERRIBLE, but gimme a little help, if you can tell what going on... :/

I'll upload the other one now
Stider needs doom to set up his trap and compensate for his ****ty health demostrated in this match right here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hYfWHZ6gkU&feature=related

Dy17

Smash Apprentice
Im not that good but I use Captain Commando anti air Strider Hiryu ground and rotate Jin and Akuma expansion. My marvel team is Sentinel Juggernaut and I rotate Gambit and Sabertooth(hes fast) all recommended. Anyone want to play me? Im on ps3.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Tron Bonne, Psylocke, and Storm is my favroite team to play. Magneto, Storm, and Tron Bonne is my serous team.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I havent looked in here in ages. Kinda cause I kinda block all things MvC2 out of my mind. XD
Although Strider/Doom AAA gives mad chip, that's actually not the reason at all.

The thing is, without Doom, Strider CANNOT get in on god/top/high tiers. He CANNOT get in. HE CANNOT GET IN Doom-AAA makes strider where he is because he allows strider to get in and begin his ridiculous close-range pressure. Without that, strider would get punished or forced into a whiff punish for EVERYTHING he tries. I mean hell, Doom allows you to actually start orbitos. You try that without rocks on the screen, that's a free punish from anybody.

DoomAAA is a mad good assist because he is THE assist that allows you to get in. He's THE assist that adds ridiculous pressure. The only other one that can even compare is Sent, and his isnt as good at allowing somebody to get in.

ya'll loco we all know the best team is clockw0rk
Clockwork is a frickin hilarious *** team. I love it.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
]Although Strider/Doom AAA gives mad chip, that's actually not the reason at all.

The thing is, without Doom, Strider CANNOT get in on god/top/high tiers. He CANNOT get in. HE CANNOT GET IN Doom-AAA makes strider where he is because he allows strider to get in and begin his ridiculous close-range pressure. Without that, strider would get punished or forced into a whiff punish for EVERYTHING he tries. I mean hell, Doom allows you to actually start orbitos. You try that without rocks on the screen, that's a free punish from anybody.

DoomAAA is a mad good assist because he is THE assist that allows you to get in. He's THE assist that adds ridiculous pressure. The only other one that can even compare is Sent, and his isnt as good at allowing somebody to get in.
[/FONT]
Actually that is the reason lol. Strider can activate orbs just fine by himself with the exception against Storm/Cable where you just gotta watch out for random ahvb/hail shenanigans. Against every other characters you can literally be full screen away and just tiger/bird xxx activate.

Also he has no trouble getting in on anyone except Storm since she's hard as **** to lockdown in most situations anyways. Seriously bird, tiger, bomb, teleport tricks make him one of the hardest characters to get away from in the first place.

The thing is once Strider gets in there then what? He has no mix ups and if he does connect with ouro the best thing he can do is a combo into another free activation which still doesn't do much damage...

Without Dooms chip Strider's orbs are not a threat plain and simple.

Sraigux

Smash Journeyman
I just bought this game. So far button mashing works for me, but obviously there is no learning curve to that so I try memorizing the moves, but combos seem pretty hard to pull off. So far magneto and storm seem to have the best feel to me and the third character is just whoever I'm in the mood for.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Actually that is the reason lol. Strider can activate orbs just fine by himself with the exception against Storm/Cable where you just gotta watch out for random ahvb/hail shenanigans. Against every other characters you can literally be full screen away and just tiger/bird xxx activate.

Also he has no trouble getting in on anyone except Storm since she's hard as **** to lockdown in most situations anyways. Seriously bird, tiger, bomb, teleport tricks make him one of the hardest characters to get away from in the first place.

The thing is once Strider gets in there then what? He has no mix ups and if he does connect with ouro the best thing he can do is a combo into another free activation which still doesn't do much damage...

Without Dooms chip Strider's orbs are not a threat plain and simple.
Teleport setups, crossunder setups (I dont think Strider has a crossup, if I remember right), frame traps, he has stuff he can do once he gets in. I'm not going to lie and I do have to agree, once he gets in, if he's not going, he doesnt have TOO much he can do. But you make it sound like he's completely worthless for him to be inside.

I guess I did over exaggerate, but yeah, strider has to go through hell and high water to get in w/o doom.

__

On another random strider related sidenote, I remember standing behind JWong at FRXI while he was playing some Strider-Silver Samurai.

That was pretty f'n comical.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Teleport setups, crossunder setups (I dont think Strider has a crossup, if I remember right), frame traps, he has stuff he can do once he gets in. I'm not going to lie and I do have to agree, once he gets in, if he's not going, he doesnt have TOO much he can do. But you make it sound like he's completely worthless for him to be inside.

I guess I did over exaggerate, but yeah, strider has to go through hell and high water to get in w/o doom.

__

On another random strider related sidenote, I remember standing behind JWong at FRXI while he was playing some Strider-Silver Samurai.

That was pretty f'n comical.
lol maybe I over overexagerting of course he has a few tricks to get in cleans but really all I was trying to get across was his lack of options w/o the threat of chip. Trying to land anything will become 10x harder if the person doesn't have to worry about blocking.

lol Silver Sam is to underrated. c.lk, c.lk, -> tempest is like 50% on sent if you mash it good

Top Bottom