• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Eh...what? I don't know how to play??O_O

I'm good with Venom and Captain America for some reason, Wolverine to a lesser extent.

:phone:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'll add people on PSN a bit later after a little break. Or if anyone wants to add me first, that's fine.
PSN is Izanagi_XIII

mood4food77

Smash Hero
yea i saw that

but i only used them cause it was seriously my only way of getting out of strider shenanigans

i got semi close to you once when i was sent/sakura/cable against some team of yours with storm

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm on PSN right now. So if anyone wants to play, then send an invite.
If not, I'll probably just do something else later.
yea i saw that

but i only used them cause it was seriously my only way of getting out of strider shenanigans

i got semi close to you once when i was sent/sakura/cable against some team of yours with storm
Oh right, I forgot to mention that you still need to learn how to roll. You can roll once you hit the ground on some moves like Cammy's super at the end by doing B, DB, D and a button. You can also roll out of Psylocke's AAA if the opponent waits too long.

OmegaXXII

Ah shucks, I just missed Minato, oh well some other time I guess, I still suck with stick but I'm getting a little better, just a bit.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i just played a LOTTTT of felicia/akuma hahahah. i like felicia/akuma/capcom and felicia/akuma/cyclops

i use tatsu assist like it's mvc3 or something. LLOOOL

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i like the fact that the usable assists are all really strong, more like that they're all stupid but equally stupid

unlike in mvc3 where you got the broken assists, then everything else

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha well they have distinct uses in mvc3, such as otg assists

in mvc2 assists there's some that just blow everything up. like cyclops assist. so good LOL

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i used storm/sent/capcom today

what a godlike team lol. fill up the screen with stuff. OH OH OH OH hailstorm.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
Minato said:
Oh right, I forgot to mention that you still neeed to learn how to roll. You can roll once you hit the ground on some moves like Cammy's super at the end by doing B, DB, D and a button. You can also roll out of Psylocke's AAA if the opponent waits too long.
That's such a weird motion haha

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
I tried learning MSP but i'm just not good at doing the rom with magneto
I normally play storm/cable/capcom but I have other teams I play for fun
I'm on psn right now, after I finish this xmen evolution episode I'm gonna start playing some mvc2, everyone who wants to play should add me and we can try to make a room

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm logged on PSN right now. I'm just messing around on the computer right now, so I'll play whenever people are ready.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i suck at rom as well lol, but i haven't practiced it much. there's so many variations too

Minato

穏やかじゃない
4 wins, 17 losses
Minato is too good lol
that was so fun I didn't even care about losing so much.
GGs. I kept picking MSP because I dropped so many roms and tri-dashes.

And I need to play people more. Storms and Captain Corridor always get me.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I'm trying to improve my combo execution by playing arcade mode more. I can't make it past stage four... blah. Rogue/Psylocke/Wolverine.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm trying to improve my combo execution by playing arcade mode more. I can't make it past stage four... blah. Rogue/Psylocke/Wolverine.
Which Wolverine are you using? Bone one is better, imo. Plus he has like the only low hitting assist in the game.
Just ask if you need help since I do use Psylocke and Wolvie (but rarely on the same team since I like to pressure with Wolvie).

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha let's post up our arcade mode records

mine is 178 million or something like th
or is it 1 billion 780 million? idk i didnt count the digits after

using team cl0ckwork

Minato

穏やかじゃない
haha let's post up our arcade mode records

mine is 178 million or something like th
or is it 1 billion 780 million? idk i didnt count the digits after

using team cl0ckwork
Mine's probably not that high since it's hard to beat the CPU really fast on higher difficulties.

I tried practicing on the 360 earlier today and switched over to the PS3 in the afternoon just because. I actually felt the lag after I switched and had to adjust after a few matches. Same cables and tv for both games which is weird. Although it could be because I use a PS2 to PS3 converter but SRK said it was lag free so I dunno, haha.

OmegaXXII

Ha! I haven't gotten anywhere near that with my stick yet, s.....I just got to practice with a little more with Venom and Wolverine as my assist and I'm straight.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha the thing about cpu's is that they keep blocking for blockstrings that are not even true blockstrings. for example from a strider blockstring into calling the tiger, they'll keep blocking even if you don't call out an assist. i'm trying to lessen that from my game though since it wouldn't work on a real person

you can probably perfect all the cpu's in arcade mode with blackheart/doom because the cpu's will just keep blocking jump hk

however that's really boring lol. i like opening up the cpu's. some of the cpu's are actually good with their character too haha, like jill, bone claw wolvie, thanos, tron, and colossus. really annoying stuff

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
more like

point phoenix is OP
I love you, but Phoenix isn't in this game. :troll:
Too bad Rogue isn't in Fate of Two Worlds. :urg:

Anywho...

Which Wolverine are you using? Bone one is better, imo. Plus he has like the only low hitting assist in the game.
Just ask if you need help since I do use Psylocke and Wolvie (but rarely on the same team since I like to pressure with Wolvie).
I'm using normal Wolverine with the anti-air assist. Outside of the low-hitting assist, is there anything that puts Bones above Logan in terms of usefulness?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm using normal Wolverine with the anti-air assist. Outside of the low-hitting assist, is there anything that puts Bones above Logan in terms of usefulness?
I usually have regular Wolverine with his Berserker Barrage assist since his assists aren't great. Tornado Claw isn't a good AAA from what I remember and you have Psylocke for an AAA anyways so Wolvie might be better in the second slot.

Bone Wolverine isn't that much different I guess, it's more preference. The bad is that he has (slightly) lower health, and only 2 supers.
The good are small minute things you probably won't care for but I'll list them. He does (slightly) more damage, MK doesn't cause knockdown, can follow up after drill claw (so better corner combos and midscreen knockdowns), and Weapon X actually works against an assist and he's invincible during it so the opponent can't hit you out of it once the attack connects.

Regular Wolvie has a vertical divekick and two supers (even if they aren't used much).
But yeah, I think Rogue would benefit more from Bone Wolverine.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I usually have regular Wolverine with his Berserker Barrage assist since his assists aren't great. Tornado Claw isn't a good AAA from what I remember and you have Psylocke for an AAA anyways so Wolvie might be better in the second slot.

Bone Wolverine isn't that much different I guess, it's more preference. The bad is that he has (slightly) lower health, and only 2 supers.
The good are small minute things you probably won't care for but I'll list them. He does (slightly) more damage, MK doesn't cause knockdown, can follow up after drill claw (so better corner combos and midscreen knockdowns), and Weapon X actually works against an assist and he's invincible during it so the opponent can't hit you out of it once the attack connects.

Regular Wolvie has a vertical divekick and two supers (even if they aren't used much).
But yeah, I think Rogue would benefit more from Bone Wolverine.
Noted. I've been using Psylocke as a projectile assist. I take it that's not a good thing?

Top Bottom