• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth Q&A-Ask your questions here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Marth can't light shield edge hog Marth.
Magus said he can. Magus said that it was possible if Marth were to fast fall immediately after his light shield is hit and if he tilts his lightshield as far down on the ledge as possible while still being able to be knocked back by his up B.

I'd like to see the disscussion that disproved this because I tend to trust people like Magus and Phanna on these types of things because they often check it with an AR. Magus said it was technically possible, he didn't say it was easy.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Well M2K says it's impossible.

But from personal experience I will say it can't be down if Marth sweetspots.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Well M2K says it's impossible.

But from personal experience I will say it can't be down if Marth sweetspots.
Well, I trust M2K more than Magus and Phanna about Marth stuff. Guess I lose here. It still might be usefull if you know you're opponent isn't particularly good at sweetspotting.

I'm still going to ask Scotu to check it for me with an AR.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Well, I have not seen it done enough in high level play to actually deem it viable.

Even if it can be done, if the person only has a frame or two to fast fall after getting thier shield hit to do it then I don't think it's viable. Also I think you mentioned that Marth has to angle his shield perfectly?

In any case Marth can easily edgeguard the sh*t out of another Marth without this technique so it really doesn't matter all that much.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
I agree, Mew2king is NEVER wrong. What he says, is stone. OF COURSE!

Yeah though, emblem pointed out another reason, even if it is possible, with how easily marth can edgeguard another marth. Choosing the lightshield option really isn't the best choice considering the other options at the time...its not used in high level play, and for good reason.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
I agree, Mew2king is NEVER wrong. What he says, is stone. OF COURSE!

Yeah though, emblem pointed out another reason, even if it is possible, with how easily marth can edgeguard another marth. Choosing the lightshield option really isn't the best choice considering the other options at the time...its not used in high level play, and for good reason.

Lets say the marth isn't good at sweetspotting (Which any "good" marth player should be able to when the need arises) he can be screwed over much easier with an f-smash or pretty much anything since he sucks at sweetspotting over trying to light shield edgehog, if it is indeed possible.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I have a pretty general question; that i bet is already answered about 20 times in here; but i have my pages set to 100 posts, and it's 21 pages; so i dont feel like digging.

__

Can you avoid a low% chaingrab -> tipper?

If so, where and when do you have to DI?

Aesir

Smash Master
I have a pretty general question; that i bet is already answered about 20 times in here; but i have my pages set to 100 posts, and it's 21 pages; so i dont feel like digging.

__

Can you avoid a low% chaingrab -> tipper?

If so, where and when do you have to DI?
you can, you have DI away possibly down and away.

pockyD

Smash Legend
Well, I have not seen it done enough in high level play to actually deem it viable.

Even if it can be done, if the person only has a frame or two to fast fall after getting thier shield hit to do it then I don't think it's viable. Also I think you mentioned that Marth has to angle his shield perfectly?

In any case Marth can easily edgeguard the sh*t out of another Marth without this technique so it really doesn't matter all that much.
yeah IMO in that situation where lightshield edgehog is usually used (stuck right on the edge with no time to respace yourself), a simple counter will often work wonders

Bloodred

Smash Cadet
i've got a question, i'm not new to the game but just started to play with marth and i play alot of foxes and shieks, my question is what move should i be using to get in close n air or f air?

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
i've got a question, i'm not new to the game but just started to play with marth and i play alot of foxes and shieks, my question is what move should i be using to get in close n air or f air?
This is something you have to figure out for yourself. These are the questions where every answer can be right. It depends more on your opponent and their style. A single shffl fair is normally the safest option, as it's the easiest to space and can start a lot of options. The nair is a little bit trickier to shffl but it has the same amount of lag l-canceled as the fair does. I find nairs are good against spotdodgers. I would say overall fair is used most often.

Regardless, they are both good moves and you need to learn when to use them and which one to use on your own for the most part.

Bloodred

Smash Cadet
okay, the question i asked before was kind of blan and it wasn't complete. i know how to do all of the basic stuff with marth and most of the advanced things but in a match it looks like my marth has weights on his back i need to get faster with him. all of the vids i watch have marth like a speed deamon ya know. my question is what would be the best way to incorperate all of these things in to a playing style like ya know.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
okay, the question i asked before was kind of blan and it wasn't complete. i know how to do all of the basic stuff with marth and most of the advanced things but in a match it looks like my marth has weights on his back i need to get faster with him. all of the vids i watch have marth like a speed deamon ya know. my question is what would be the best way to incorperate all of these things in to a playing style like ya know.
Again I'm sorry but no one can tell you how to play. You have seen the vids, watch them , try to see how and why they do those things. Then try to incorporate them into your game. Make sure you know all the tech skill parts such as short hops, fast falls, l-canceling, teching those will all help to make your character faster. I wish there was an easier way but there isn't. You can only keep playing, practicing, watching videos, observing, and try to absorb as much as you can from better players. The only true way anyone can really help you on these forums for your playstyle is if you put up videos of yourself and let them critique you.

Saph66

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I was just wondering what is the correct way to wavedash out of the shield, I can't do it properly, but I heard it had to do something with jump cancel, can someone explain to me on how to do it?

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
So, yeah. People in the marth forums been talking crap about how I don't post anymore and all that. So I'm gonna make a thread pretty soon.

Maybe tomorrow. In the melee discussion. It's gonna be about...well, wait and see. lol

Bloodred

Smash Cadet
So, yeah. People in the marth forums been talking crap about how I don't post anymore and all that. So I'm gonna make a thread pretty soon.

Maybe tomorrow. In the melee discussion. It's gonna be about...well, wait and see. lol
you should make about something like ummmmmmmm.........lets see ..........i got it ''marth and mindgames'' ya know.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
What stages are good counterpicks against Ice Climbers using standard stage rules?

lillight3

Smash Apprentice
against ice climbers from my experience, any stage with platforms except for dream land works well. Fountain of Dreams might be the best since its easier to chase their over B recovery on a smaller stage. The platorms add in defense against getting chaingrabbed which is always a plus when facing them. Just make sure when you do get grabbed, you DI up so you can jump out of getting grabbed again.

of course this varies from person to person depending on playing style. Final destination is proabably your worst bet with them so try and avoid it.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
I am refering to new members, your post count is 541 and your join date is 2006. You aren't the new I am speaking of.

I'm speaking of the annoying noob who asks obvious questions and thinks he is already good and doesn't need certain aspects of the game or overlooks them.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
You practice and practice and learn when its use will do the most good.

Nah, I'm lying, you eat green eggz and ham before you play a match, then pick green marth.

Or other choice color coding of food following your color perferences.

Aesir

Smash Master
You practice and practice and learn when its use will do the most good.

Nah, I'm lying, you eat green eggz and ham before you play a match, then pick green marth.

Or other choice color coding of food following your color perferences.
Omg eating green eggs and ham using green marth and going to green greens = everyone counter. O_O;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom