• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Mario Kart General Discussion - 200CC Announced | Second DLC Pack Coming in May!

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
yeah thats actually a really good idea, because then the world records would not be screwed over like in mkwii, where like half the places were super glitched. mushroom gorge, grumble volcano, mario circuit, bowsers castle gba, coconut mall, warios gold mine, bowsers castle, just to name a few. at least most people didnt do these glitches online though.
Mario Circuit, Coconut Mall, and Bowser's Castle all have glitched shortcuts?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I beg to disagree. MK64's drifting was pretty easy for me to get used to and even snake with, while SMK and MKSC just required getting used to the VERY different physics. Due to the way that jumping worked in SMK, it was actually better to "bunny hop drift" around the turns than it was to hold a powerslide down, while MKSC requires you to chain powerslides together. Unlike with other Mario Karts, Mario Kart: Super Circuit's miniturbo system is designed for you to weave back and forth. Weaving the controls back and forth rapidly (so that you literally look like you're moving in a straightline while powersliding), taking one long drift in one direction or sliding for a left turn, right turn and back (or vice versa) all give out mini-turbos. Once you get used to the lack of grip in the game, you can drift around every turn.
What I don't like in Mario Kart 64 though is that when you drift right, if you tilt left too much, you'll mess up your drifting, which doesn't happen with later Mario Karts. In fact, it seems that with each Mario Kart title that gets made, it becomes easier to drift.

UberMario

Smash Master
Mario Circuit, Coconut Mall, and Bowser's Castle all have glitched shortcuts?
I haven't checked on the other two, but Coconut Mall's is quite game-breaking and easy to do:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D79Eq6bL5MI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hljclbol8D0

I found the other two. They require mushrooms (unlike Coconut Mall, which doesn't require any items to perform), but are still quite viable. Mario Circuit's cuts about half of the track out, while Bowser's Castle's lets you circumvent the entire loop that you drive in after the Mecha-Bowser section.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4jKbXEB3G4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWN32OSuFt4

That makes at least five tracks (Coconut Mall, Wario's Gold Mine, Mario Circuit, Mushroom Gorge and Grumble Volcano) that can be triggered with checkpoint-ticking.

Here is also a physics exploit for Desert Hills:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Tbsv7KhiA8

People should feel lucky that Mario Kart 7's only game-breaking shortcut seems to be on Maka Wuhu. lol

What I don't like in Mario Kart 64 though is that when you drift right, if you tilt left too much, you'll mess up your drifting, which doesn't happen with later Mario Karts.
That sounds more like a broken controller than the game.

In fact, it seems that with each Mario Kart title that gets made, it becomes easier to drift.
I do agree with that.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
Ew MKW. The worst mario kart game so far. JUST because of the damn glitches.

I remember when it was just grumble volcano, then mushroom gorge........ then all hell broke loose.

They should just call it: Funky Daisy Kart Wii: Game-Breaking Glitch edition

Thino

Smash Master
Ew MKW. The worst mario kart game so far. JUST because of the damn glitches.

I remember when it was just grumble volcano, then mushroom gorge........ then all hell broke loose.

They should just call it: Funky Daisy Kart Wii: Game-Breaking Glitch edition
Looks like someone has never heard of lap-ticking in SMK and MKSC

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I was never able to pull of the Mushroom Gorge or Rumble Volcano glitch :|
As a matter of fact, I haven't been able to pull off any of those glitches.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I actually tried to do the Grumble Volcano glitch at one point, but it never worked at all. I stopped trying afterwards, since I didn't want to ruin my non-glitch ghost.

Thino

Smash Master
I'm not sure which game would have more, the ones off the top of my head in MKWii are Wario's Goldmine, Grumble Volcano, Coconut Mall, and Mushroom Gorge. I believe these are the only ones found so far for MK7:

Wuhu Loop
Koopa Cape
DK Jungle
Maka Wuhu
you can add Mario Circuit and Bowser Castle to the Wii ones.

But it's true that if you compare to how long both games have been out, 2 months after MKW had been released only Grumble Volcano was discovered

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Perhaps people were more actively looking for glitches. Anyways, I haven't really heard much of the other glitches save the Maka Wuhu one.

Anyways, if I have yet to hear of the glitch until now, then it could be argued that MK7 glitches are not as bad as those in MKW. Or at least some of them.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
I actually find the BC3 shortcut ok since there isn't glitching through walls or whatever :p Though ones that do or make you fall off in order to do it or make you get on top of a mountain or whatever aren't acceptable to me. Taking a shortcut by going Off-Road massively with a gold mushroom or star(like on Mario Raceway or whatever) are also ok with me. I don't do any of these except for GBA BC3 and massive boosting Off-Road.

Gatlin

I actually find the BC3 shortcut ok since there isn't glitching through walls or whatever :p Though ones that do or make you fall off in order to do it or make you get on top of a mountain or whatever aren't acceptable to me. Taking a shortcut by going Off-Road massively with a gold mushroom or star(like on Mario Raceway or whatever) are also ok with me. I don't do any of these except for GBA BC3 and massive boosting Off-Road.
Na, assuming you're responding to the Bowser Castle glitch I mentioned, it's on the actual Bowser's Castle Wii where you do glitch through a wall. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuZbxCDT1Mc

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
There's also a glitch where you can go through the rails at DK's Jungle Parkway.

It stinks when non-glitched world records are getting broken by the glitched ones, which is likely why Mario Kart 7 ditched the world record stuff.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Well, so long as people don't abuse any more glitches online, then I'll have no complaints, since I don't really do much of Time Attack at all. I only use it to test out a new customization.

Speaking of which, they really need to add a practice mode or something.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Time Trial is practice mode, imo. :p
I guess. =P

I just treat Time Trial mode too serious whenever i play it, so I don't really consider it practice. However, it can be argued that playing single player in general is practice.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Cannot for the life of me find a combo that I want to stick with. I'm looking for like, 3 different things plus not wanting it to look ugly.

I liked it better when karts were just karts that were already set. With these customizable karts I feel the need to over obsess.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Cannot for the life of me find a combo that I want to stick with. I'm looking for like, 3 different things plus not wanting it to look ugly.

I liked it better when karts were just karts that were already set. With these customizable karts I feel the need to over obsess.
lol I know right? I said screw looks, since I would never have found out that Shy Guy/Soda Jet/Wood/Parafoil is a nice combination. Been winning again after my off week. =D

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer

Go to 1st person and never worry about how you look ever again!
I know that's not a real suggestion but whatever.

I refuse to use anything other than Cloud 9 or the train so I guess I know how it feels.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

I actually like the idea of customizing your kart, since it adds versatility to what each combo excels at; for example, the Koopa Clown + Roller combo can offer very high handling, while the Koopa Clown + Monster combo can offer pretty strong off-road abilities. Past Mario Karts don't exactly give you that capability.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
I very much like the custom ability, it adds variety, somethin Mkwii didn't have.

What areas are you looking to build in air?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well, I think I've settled on one combo. But I've yet to try it.

I'm pretty adamant about the karts I use. The Bumble V is a good kart, but my god it's ugly as ****.
At first I thought the Koopa Clown wouldn't be worth using, but its hidden stats pretty much make a difference. It's too bad that of all the kart bodies that have the strongest mini-turbo boosts (Barrel Train, Bumble V, Koopa Clown), only this one offers good handling; the Barrel Train and Bumble V both have a -0.5 handling boost.

Gatlin

Love my egg and wooden wheels, probs never gonna change it :]

Gatlin

If I remember right, isn't stability only used to determine if you go up on 2 wheels while drifting underwater and such? Does it have much of a purpose at all?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If I remember right, isn't stability only used to determine if you go up on 2 wheels while drifting underwater and such? Does it have much of a purpose at all?
For all I know, stability seems to affect how hard the kart tilts. When a kart tilts, it tends to lose some speed, but that's easier to notice while underwater.

Apart from this, stability doesn't really have any major purposes.

Top Bottom