• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Mario Kart General Discussion - 200CC Announced | Second DLC Pack Coming in May!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I have all the random parts now. The Gold Glider and Gold Standard will come eventually, but I'm not going to waste my time getting only 40 coins per GP, just to get two parts that I probably won't use; I don't use the Gold Tires, since the Slick tires are better, overall. Of course, I hardly ever use the Slick tires outside of Time Trials, and even there, I often choose the Monster and Red Monster over them.

Anyway, for my full list of random unlockables...

[collapse=Kart Parts]Part 01: Paraglider
Part 02: Peach Parasol
Part 03: Wood
Part 04: Mushroom
Part 05: Egg 1
Part 06: Barrel Train
Part 07: Flower Glider
Part 08: Cact-X
Part 09: Cloud 9
Part 10: Zucchini
Part 11: Bumble V
Part 12: Sponge
Part 13: Blue Seven
Part 14: Pipe Frame
Part 15: Slim
Part 16: Soda Jet
Part 17: Tiny Tug
Part 18: Koopa Clown
Part 19: Swooper
Part 20: Slick
Part 21: Bruiser
Part 22: Red Monster
Part 23: B Dasher
Part 24: Beast Glider[/collapse]

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Well, the Beast Glider isn't random. It is always the last part you unlock via coin collection. That is, if you don't count the Gold Parts.

Also, Shy Guy/Egg 1/Gold/Paraglider = really fast combo. I just need to get better at controlling that speed.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've started doing Wi-Fi races now, and so far, I'm off to a good start with over 1400 VR. In the last few worldwide races, I actually was having some success with the following combo...

Koopa Troopa + Koopa Clown + Roller + Super Glider

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
Ive been trying out the acceleration combo. I like to try and keep it above 4.5, because blue and red shells are annoying. So i came up with:

Toad + Slim + Soda jet + Paraglider.

Im thinking about replacing slim with wood and paraglider with super glider.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
For some reason, the Soda Jet/Wood/Paraglider with Feather combo works really well. I used it for some time, and was rather successful.

I've started doing Wi-Fi races now, and so far, I'm off to a good start with over 1400 VR. In the last few worldwide races, I actually was having some success with the following combo...

Koopa Troopa + Koopa Clown + Roller + Super Glider
Online matches don't start to get challenging until the 3000-4000 mark.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Geez, how much free time do you have? I'm in the 4000s and it has taken me a month to get there.
Well, I did graduate from college a few years back, and a job isn't exactly mandatory for me right now.

You know, while there are Maka Wuhu spammers out there, I seem to be more of a Wario Shipyard type of person; most combos that I use have the advantage while underwater.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well, after several hours of Wi-Fi races, my VR is now over 9000. Only about 1000 more to go before the Gold Standard is mine.

Anyway, the last set of races that I've been in have pretty much determined one of my main combos...

Lakitu + Cloud 9 + Wood + Super Glider

It's not the fastest combo, but at least it strongly excels while underwater, and in the air, and is quick to recover. It may not guarantee me wins, but with the item abuse that tends to occur, I really can't gamble with the faster combos; my earlier races have often caused me to lose my temper, because my combos couldn't recover fast enough.

Last night was a crazy one, especially since I was up against Z'zgashi (Wario, Daisy, Koopa Troopa), Airgemini (Peach), Hippo (Bowser), and even Brickbox (Rosalina). I've pretty much done whatever I could to rival them, and I did get a few wins over some of them too.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Ah, the Feather Cloud 9/Wood/Glider combo.

Good times. I dropped that combo because the times I won with it were too few compared to how I lost with it.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Dude, I was going random Characters/Combos the whole night lol.

But I must say, Koopa/Birthday Girl/Slick/Flower was way more legit that I thought it would be lol. Dat 3.5 Speed, 4.5 Accel, and 3.5 MT was actually not too bad, just wish the OR wasnt so bad lol.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've recently reached the 10000 VR mark, and got the Gold Standard. This is pretty much all thanks to Lily (a Super Mario Boards user who I have on my Friend List; she often uses Rosalina, along with the Gold Tires), who actually got me into a room filled with weaker opponents.

Of course, during that time, I did get some more competition from Z'zgashi, Hippo, and even Gatlin. I was using the Yoshi + Egg 1 + Roller + Paraglider combo against them, which is one of my other main combos.

kinghippo99

Smash Lord

Of course, during that time, I did get some more competition from Z'zgashi, Hippo, and even Gatlin. I was using the Yoshi + Egg 1 + Roller + Paraglider combo against them, which is one of my other main combos.
Last night was a crazy one, especially since I was up against Z'zgashi (Wario, Daisy, Koopa Troopa), Airgemini (Peach), Hippo (Bowser), and even Brickbox (Rosalina).
Redundant sentence structure!
Also, you say that like there's something special about those losers.
Oh, and **** Lakitu.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Btw, MSG, I do use every single character, but if you want me to tier each characters' usage, I play them like this:

Tier 1: Yoshi, Bowser, Daisy, Koopa
Tier 2: Toad, Wario, Shy Guy, Mario, Luigi
Tier 3: DK, Peach, Mii, Rosalina
Tier 4: Metal Mario, Lakitu, Wiggler, Honey Queen

I dont know why I felt like sharing this, but I did lol.

I only go Yoshi when playing serious though, and I dont really ever play my best/serious unless I am him lol.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Rofl hippo your the best.
You make us look like beyond losers on the track and I'm not even kidding.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Redundant sentence structure!
Also, you say that like there's something special about those losers.
Oh, and **** Lakitu.
Watch it now. They have been giving me a challenge, especially Brickbox, who has beaten me a lot of times. Still, I wish that I could face them without having to deal with extra competition.

Of course, I'm not saying that you're a bad racer, since you have been tough to beat too.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Someone needs to hand Hippo a bottle of Sprite before each race.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
I don't think if the ocean was made of sprite it would quench his thirst.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I just tried this combo..all I have to say is DAMN. This combo wrecks online! Came in first very often, thank you :awesome:
Eh, I tried it in Grand Prix, and I didn't like it. Feels off.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I just tried this combo..all I have to say is DAMN. This combo wrecks online! Came in first very often, thank you :awesome:
Unfortunately, that hasn't always been the case on my end. As you face tougher opponents, item abuse can easily cripple your best combos.

Guess I should stop with the B Dasher and Slicks combo then.

:phone:
I never actually used the Slick tires in a GP race, but I will say that they're much better than the Gold Tires; I earlier tried using a pure gold combo, and I got creamed as a result.

yani

Smash Lord
I only didn't come in first/second once due to a blue shell right near the ending :/ I'm only at 2,800 VR though

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I have for grand prix though it did hurt handling but after playing hours with low handling I have gotten used to it although there are some situations where I do have to slow down to make a sharp turn. I will stick with my 2 stars because I don't have the luck to 3 star every cup regardless of karts set ups and I hate Toad and Lukito's trolling and annoying laugh when they pass you. I try using Yoshi and Shy Guy for grand prix then use Peach and Rosalina for online.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I only didn't come in first/second once due to a blue shell right near the ending :/ I'm only at 2,800 VR though
Usually, your opponents aren't all that strong at that level, but a player, who goes by the name of Mr. Doom, has been a tough competitor for me, despite having less than 4000 VR right now.

yani

Smash Lord
Unlocked the Beast Glider today :awesome: sitting at around 3100VR , playing with people in the 4000 range, getting a bit tougher now :glare:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
That's good. Things like that make you play better! =)
Sadly, item abuse tends to ruin everything. You're about to finish first, and before you know it, you get hit by Lightning, followed by a Red Shell (or a Spiny Shell), and THEN someone with a Star, followed by a Bullet Bill, and you end up dead last.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I never actually used the Slick tires in a GP race, but I will say that they're much better than the Gold Tires; I earlier tried using a pure gold combo, and I got creamed as a result.[/QUOTE]

Well, you used Gold Tires in an all Gold combo. Bad move. Even though Gold Tires are not that great, if you have them in the right combo, then they can be pretty good.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well, you used Gold Tires in an all Gold combo. Bad move. Even though Gold Tires are not that great, if you have them in the right combo, then they can be pretty good.
Still, you're probably better off with the Slick tires in the long run. Of course, I'm more used to the Monster and Red Monster than the Slick and Gold Tires; the high off-road counters the weak handling.

BSP

Smash Legend
I'm considering just skipping 7 and waiting for the wii u Mario kart. I'm not doing that bad without it ATM lol

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Sadly, item abuse tends to ruin everything. You're about to finish first, and before you know it, you get hit by Lightning, followed by a Red Shell (or a Spiny Shell), and THEN someone with a Star, followed by a Bullet Bill, and you end up dead last.
Believe me I've had that happen so much I could be a potent runner up of earning a trophy for the most final stretch BS incidents. Yeah I hate them but then I laugh too because of how sudden it happens. Though I have been fortunate not to be combo'ed like that with real players unlike those Bots.

Top Bottom