• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Mario Kart General Discussion - 200CC Announced | Second DLC Pack Coming in May!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yani and M&S, what sort of BETRAYAL is this. You never played with US. >:
It doesn't help when you don't exchange friend codes with others. You'd just be going through a wild goose chase otherwise.

If I had your friend code, however, that could make a difference.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
0087-2694-8630

8D

Wild goose chase? It was only on like the previous page last time you asked. >:I

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
This actually isn't the place to post friend codes and such, that would be in the events thread, where you will find everyone else's code as well :3

This thread is more for discussing basically very general mario kart-related thingies for any of the mario kart games.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Out of curiosity, I was wondering which kart parts you like to use in Mario Kart 7. I'll state mine...

Kart Bodies: Pretty much any body, but I use some bodies more than others.
Kart Wheels: Monster, Red Monster, Roller, Slim, Wood
Kart Gliders: Super Glider, Paraglider, Swooper, Beast Glider

Gatlin

I have been using the Egg 1, Wooden, Beast Glider combo for the longest time now. I have occasionally tested switching to Barrel Train and Bumble V, but I like the Egg too much. Probably been using that combo since 3000 VR or so.

Edit: Actually, I recently switched to Beast Glider, before that was Swooper/Paraglider.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well I have been taking a liking to the B Dasher kart body for quite some time, but I do like to experiment with different kart bodies at times, which is why I don't exactly have a big favorite for that category.

Not so much for the wheels though, since I don't exactly like the Slick tires and Gold Tires; if I want to use a combo that has bad handling, I want to have good off-road to counter that flaw. Likewise, I'm not too fond of the Mushroom and Sponge tires either; I never even touched the Mushroom tires, since I see them as being inferior to the Slim tires.

On a side note, I've lately been developing a grudge against the Gold Tires. Maybe it's because of my failure with them while trying out the pure gold combo.

In terms of the gliders, I'm not exactly big with the Flower Glider and Peach Parasol, since they're more meant for Peach and Daisy, none of which I use.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Metal Mario + Standard Kart + Red Monster + Peach Parasol.

I think it LOOKS COOL, and that is all that matters. BD

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
How exactly are gliders meant for specific characters?
Preference matters mostly. For example, you won't see me using the Birthday Girl with any male characters. In a similar manner, I'm more likely to use the Beast Glider and Swooper, over the Super Glider and Paraglider, if I'm using Shy Guy, Wario, or Bowser.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I have an update, in terms of the off-road stat in Mario Kart 7...

After some more experiments, I found out that you can hold your drift off-road, as long as your combo's off-road stat reads 4.5 or better; previously I thought that 4.5 won't work, and only 4.75 or better will, but it was probably the type of off-road that I was doing the tests on. If your combo's off-road is 4.25 or less, however, don't bother going off-road without a star or mushroom boosts.

Simply put, your combo has to involve either the Monster tires, or the Red Monster tires, if you want to effectively use the off-road shortcuts without stars or mushrooms.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Ever since I reached 3000 vr, I been playing with a bunch of jerks. At least, that's what it feels like. I could play as best i can, but it feels like I'm getting hit by everything, now. I can't pull ahead on any race. At crucial times, I get hit by fireballs numerous times to whittle my coins to 0, and get hit by lightening as I am airborne.

My set up is Shy Guy with Bumble V, Mushroom tires, and Beast Glider.

I've got track knowledge as I've gone ahead and gained 3 stars on everything in single player and, well, 3000vr, so I got experience. At least, I thought I did.

But, I'm asking for recommendations. I feel I'm getting pushed around alot with my set up and I can't pull away from people. So I'm just asking if there's anything I can do.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Personally, I'd just experiment with each combo to see which ones work best. For one example, you could always go for a combo that has 4.75+ acceleration, but you won't exactly get much speed out of it. Still, for one combo you could try out...

Yoshi + Bumble V + Wood + Paraglider

Only the weight stat would be rather weak, while pretty much all other stats are around average to high levels.

Gatlin

My set up is Shy Guy with Bumble V, Mushroom tires, and Beast Glider.
I would consider changing out the mushroom tires for some other tires. I use Shy Guy as well, and I have been using the wooden wheels with the egg 1 kart for a while. It's been working out swell for me. I believe you made a good choice going with the Bumble V, but the tires I would change if I were in your position.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
You guys make me want to test things out. I guess I've been loving the B Dasher so much. Handling is probably my least cared about stat. Sometimes the lack of weight hurts.

:phone:

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I would consider changing out the mushroom tires for some other tires. I use Shy Guy as well, and I have been using the wooden wheels with the egg 1 kart for a while. It's been working out swell for me. I believe you made a good choice going with the Bumble V, but the tires I would change if I were in your position.
Would you mind noting why you would change? And for what would you recommend this replacement?

Reason why I chose the wheels was for the balance in speed and accel.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
There is nothing wrong with mushroom wheels, it's just they aren't good on anything but a regular terrian.

Your combo is bad because your wasting stats due to the accel glitch.
I recommend switching bumble V for the bruiser and beast glider for swooper.

Gatlin

Would you mind noting why you would change? And for what would you recommend this replacement?

I woulda responded earlier, but SWF was messed up for me :s

Switching from the mushroom tires to the wood tires for you would allow you to reach 5 acceleration from your current 4.25. Seeing as when you reach or exceed 4.75, your acceleration actually "upgrades" from it's current, and allows you to accel quicker. You would also upgrade from a 3 to a 4.25 for off-road, while also increasing a point for sea-speed and doubling your sea-handling since woods are godly underwater. It would probably give you an easier time driving underwater than you do currently.

This is what I am using btw if you do not know of a stat-calculator.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Well, I never had any trouble underwater, and I've generally never found myself in that situation online.

But thanks for the recommendations. I had gone wood wheels before, but that was before I had the Bumble V. The combo I have had godly for a while. I was beating everything that came my way and was what got me through 150cc 3stars. I'll give it a shot and let you know what's up.

Thanks for a response.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Yo MSG is a boss with those red monster tires.
I hate to say it but I think he is better than me now.
Grats :)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

You'd probably be better off with the Slim tires than with the Mushroom tires. Sure they're slower, but their weight is slightly better, and you're getting more acceleration out of it too. Simply put, you'd get 4.75 acceleration for Shy Guy if you went Bumble V + Slim. Of course, the Slims don't offer the same benefits as the Woods, since you're only boosting sea handling and stability, while the latter also boosts sea speed and air abilities, while keeping off-road untouched (of course, 4.25 off-road is no good, in terms of off-road drifting abilities).

Yo MSG is a boss with those red monster tires.
I hate to say it but I think he is better than me now.
Grats :)
Thanks for the compliment, but you can still be one tough cookie to beat; you still have the advantage, in terms of your win/loss ratio against me.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I might be joining some tournies in the future. School's almost over with. I've been WAITING for this.
Any happening soon, by chance?

Also, my kart set I have as of now:
Fluff Crimson 9:
Body: Cloud 9. Wheels: Red Monster. Glide: Paraglider.

Gatlin

The tourney happening this Sunday, as well as probably next Sunday are both for Mario Kart Wii. Be sure to check this thread though as we will do MK7 tourneys in the near future as well.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The tourney happening this Sunday, as well as probably next Sunday are both for Mario Kart Wii. Be sure to check this thread though as we will do MK7 tourneys in the near future as well.
Alright, cool. Thanks. Yeah, I only do MK7 now, due to Shy Guy's conclusion to it as a playable character Lol

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@asage94: If you want to join any future tourneys, you will have to head to the other thread to post your friend code. This thread is for general Mario Kart discussions only.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Finally quit wii wheel so I could spindrift and chain wheelie.
Mushroom gorge shortcut(gap jump)is so fun I never should of used wii wheel.

Gatlin

Welcome to the other, better and brighter side, Box :3

BSP

Smash Legend
You also constantly burn batteries :c

no problem if you have re-chargeable ones, but I don't lol

And yeah, good luck spin-drifting with a wheel

BSP

Smash Legend
I'll feel advanced when I can do every mega shortcut consistently

So not for a long time

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
I dont feel advanced, It just feels good to pull that stuff off.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I pretty much main the Wii Wheel on Mario Kart Wii. I had to do so anyway, considering that's the only control scheme that ExciteBots uses.

Top Bottom