• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario 2010 Video Archives! - Updated 8/14

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Cant link the vid from my phone. Go to the "best vids of each character" thread, or check UsurperKingZant's recent youtube uploads.

He's kinda BEEN using Mario fellas. He just plays luigi more.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I may have a doubles set, but its nothing spectacular. All of my other matches were on other set-ups.

I'll link you to it whenever it's up.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Pretty cool matches there Boss.

I personally think you need to be more confident in the fireball approach, and that Logic made some pretty serious recovery errors in the first match. You should also practice more implementation of autoJabs and Jab 2 hit confirms, and use D-air for removing Pikmin and platform pressure on BF (SH D-air low platforms, fullhop D-air top platform).

I also couldn't help thinking that you should have grabbed more after successful spotdodges instead of D-smash.

Also Mario users, pay attention to 6:42. THAT is how you recover with Mario. Don't waste Cape mindlessly trying to get more distance on your recovery. Use the Cape to counter edgehogs.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Also Mario users, pay attention to 6:42. THAT is how you recover with Mario. Don't waste Cape mindlessly trying to get more distance on your recovery. Use the Cape to counter edgehogs.
That's good stuff. I'm gonna start doing this now.

:059:

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
caping more then twice in the air at once is time wasting to me. I enjoy caping at the peek of my jump for the extra boost.

Can you reach the top platform on BF if you double jump and flag at the peek of your second jump? I havent play brawl in a while but iirc you can

SKidd

Smash Master
That's why Mario's recovery is underrated

It's really hard to edgehog him

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
No doubt...I'm feeling really good about Mario this year...

Between Calebyte being a wtfamazing mod, and all of these new, talented Marios sprouting up...then opening the year with a Boss video...

And I'm finally active and actually LEARNING the game...gonna be great. Mario's rising next tier list.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Oh yeah. 2011 is the year of the mario. Let's get started on "Do the Mario 4" already.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
To be honest, who cares where Mario is on the tier list? He more than likely isn't going to move much. And honestly, a tier list shouldn't be changed so often. Maybe once or twice, characters don't magically get more options. Although ATs can technically change that, we aren't about to discover anything we didn't know. He's the exact same character, he isn't going to move.

Tbh, I think the way this game's tier list is determined is pretty jank anyway. It's pretty much based on tournament results, which has nothing to do with the effectiveness of a character.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
caping more then twice in the air at once is time wasting to me. I enjoy caping at the peek of my jump for the extra boost.

Can you reach the top platform on BF if you double jump and flag at the peek of your second jump? I havent play brawl in a while but iirc you can
Caping doesn't work in Brawl like it does in Melee. In Melee it DOES boost your momentum upwards and in the direction you are moving on the FIRST use of Cape.

In Brawl, it merely sets your aerial momentum to basically 0 in all directions on the first use.

Caping for gaining distance is pointless in Brawl, unlike Melee. Learn from the example of the Marth players. They don't use their SideB for distance anymore. They use it to counter edgehogs.

BSP

Smash Legend
To be honest, who cares where Mario is on the tier list? He more than likely isn't going to move much. And honestly, a tier list shouldn't be changed so often. Maybe once or twice, characters don't magically get more options. Although ATs can technically change that, we aren't about to discover anything we didn't know. He's the exact same character, he isn't going to move.

Tbh, I think the way this game's tier list is determined is pretty jank anyway. It's pretty much based on tournament results, which has nothing to do with the effectiveness of a character.
True.

Boss, grab more. You did Dsmash a bit after some spotdodges, but it got sheilded a good amount. Great matches though.

I've been thinking...has anyone noticed Mario is a pretty fast character outside of like...2 moves? I was thinking the other day on what Mario has over others...4/5 of his aerials are fast, and chain into each other with little lag. If only he had just a tad bit more range though.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
What I really wish about Mario instead of him having more range is that his combos were more reliable, and that he just did slightly more damage on his damage dealers. I mean Mario's F-tilt and Jabs are GREAT. Just F-tilt only does 8%, and full Jab combo does 9%. That's just kinda stupidly low. And U-tilt only does 7%, and you need to know what percents it properly starts juggles. Lastly B-air is an awesome aerial poke, but actually comboing after it is really tricky.

2fast

Smash Journeyman
I've got a video here for some critique

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOftFimte8Y

Overall I think I fought Sonic mostly correct except for I need to be smarter with my f-smash and up-smash as I missed them most of the time and got punished for their lag time. More critique is always appreciated :D.

For entertainment purposes if anyone wants to watch me getting horribly destroyed by a Kirby from 4 months ago when I was sucking nuts then please enjoy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAvlwmZN5cA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5winePW6dHQ
Note: Don't critique these, they're from awhile ago and I've gotten way better since then (I MM that same Kirby recently and lost then MM him a few hours later and beat his Kirby).

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'm going to a smashfest soon today. I don't know if there will be a Low Tier event but I will record friendlies in either case.

:059:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I'm posting videos of Steep that I recorded for him, with a few Mario dittos for bonus. You love watching Mario dittos, right?

vs Comrade (ROB)
vs Metaknight
vs Calebyte (Mario) 1
vs Calebyte (Mario) 2

And here's one more of me, this was from draft crews, and I did bad in it, only won because of something dumb. Critique plox.

vs Peep (Sheik)
If I really felt like it, and maybe if you ask nicely enough, I probably could point out individual situations where I know I would have made different decisions, but somehow I feel like that's not really going to explain how to use Mario intelligently at this point. To some extent, I feel that both you and Steep simply need to get better at reactions. It's not like you guys really don't understand the applications of Mario's moves, but you have to be able to better recognize situations where you can punish or pressure consistently. For example I noticed you really failed to capitalize on some RCO lag situations that were obvious in the ditto matches. It's as if you weren't paying attention to the fact that you hit him before he was able to land.

Oh and besides that....Steep needs to autoJab more especially against ROB (you actually implement AutoJabs pretty well, though there was definitely a situation where I recognized you were Jabbing him in the air, which would EASILY combo into D-smash). Both of you should learn buffered U-air out of shield, and should dodge less on reflex.

Vs Sheik, don't jump against her unless it's absolutely necessary for juggling/edgeguarding/pressuring her. She has the best anti-air options in the game, so being above her is almost always bad. You have to outdo her on the ground and capitalize as much as possible from juggles, combos, and edgeguards to win.

2fast

Smash Journeyman
Introducing 2fast's Pound V video collection!

2fast (Mario) vs Lobos (Toon Link) Amatuer tourney -

round 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP-7EYQNJyw

round 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-9HhrjKhqE

2fast (Mario) vs Logic (Olimar) (my favorite match) -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skCmooVoZGU

2fast (Mario) vs shadow1pj (Toon Link) -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdLwba-S848

2fast (Mario) vs Will (Donkey Kong) Friendlies -

Match 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGWYbjrmaXs

Match 2 (My 2nd favorite match)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtqN2ssaH84

2fast (Mario) and JG WentWorth (MK) vs Exdia (Snake) and Dark Peach (Peach)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufQULdWLFjQ <----a sexy stage spike.

And that does it for my Pound V collection. Criticism always welcome since know I'm not a perfect Mario (most noticably my Logic match and the excessive use of sidestepping against Will).

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Watched the set against Will, your Jab cancel game is so good. I applaud the smart hit confirms. I feel there were times you could have baited into F-smash and that you could have done a bit better if you were more confident there, but overall some of the most solid Mario gameplay I've seen on youtube in a while.

Also, ducking. More of it would be good against DK.

Top Bottom