• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Manliness tier (and womanly?)

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Oh for the love of God.... I knew before I even looked in this thread that Marth would be listed in the woman tier.

There are only 2 words to describe this thread and this tier list....

Epic Failure

The tier list as it should be:

None of these are in any particular order so no one should quote this and say "Wtf Marth>Falcawn?"

God Tier
No God tier... this just leads to extra fanboy bias.

Top Tier
Marth- Only a true man can be straight and sport his look. Marth is about as secure as you can get.
Captain Falcon- Only Falcon can blow up a galaxy with his fist and live.
Ike- Anyone who's played Fire Emblem and scene Ike fight in the Radiant Dawn cutscenes can understand his manliness tier.
Snake- IQ over 180, craploads of explosives, a better spy than James Bond... thats awesome. His use of explosives puts him below the above 3 who fight in melee range only.
Ganondorf- The only man in his entire tribe... thats hard to beat. His losses to Link keep him down though.
Wario- Absolutely disgusting in public... but thats what makes him manly.

High Tier-
Link... he is very brave, but seeing as how he never got with Zelda, he can't be top.
Mario... a plumber who scored with a Princess... sounds good to me.
Luigi... a plumber who stands up to his fears.
Metaknight

Middle Tier-
Bowser... he may be a monster but his idiocy keeps him down.
Yoshi... not manly not feminine.... don't really know what to rate him.. so I'll go middle.
R.O.B... same as above
Sonic... if he got Amy he would be high tier.
Pikachu
Lucario
The Poke'mon Trainers Pokemon
*Poke'mon can't be rated low or high so I chose mid.
Game and Watch... not really sure what tier he is.

Low Tier-
Olimar... makes others do his work.
PT...^same^
Pit.... "You're Not Ready Yet!"... *shoots*

Bottom Tier-
Lucas
Ness
Toon Link... hes a kid not a man... I think.
Kirby.. hes a baby

Woman Tier-
Samus
Peach
Zelda/Sheik

I'm probably forgetting some characters but its late.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
if you want to keep ganon down because he looses to link why would you want snake in 4th when his boys don't work.

edit: luigi should be higher because he faced his fear and concerned it. Unlike captain falcon.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
if you want to keep ganon down because he looses to link why would you want snake in 4th when his boys don't work.

edit: luigi should be higher because he faced his fear and concerned it. Unlike captain falcon.
Because it doesn't matter if you are sterile. If you are born (or cloned) sterile then thats not your fault. Doesn't make you less of a man. You still have hormones just not.... eh you know. Whether they work or not he still has ballz.

And Ganondorf is on steroids... look at him and deny it... Despite these steroids he consistently loses fights to a man half his size. Thats really impressive. Ganondorf is manly but not Ike or Falcon manly.

Also you didn't read my disclaimer... THEY AREN'T IN ANY PARTICULAR ORDER.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
1. That was Bart, not Douglas Jay Falcon [/canonwh0re]

2. Contrary to popular belief, that explosion was the cause of a reactor exploding, not the falcon punch itself. But nice try though.
That aside, a lot of things make Falcon top tier in manliness.

I don't follow the F-Zero series so I wouldn't know that myself. I was just using a common argument in the Falcon vs. Ike "debate."

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Wario belches, farts and picks his nose without a care in the world, gross or not, that's manly. And he beat up a clown...yeah...Wario beat up a clown...

And clowns are scary so you'd have to be manly to beat one up >_>

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Because it doesn't matter if you are sterile. If you are born (or cloned) sterile then thats not your fault. Doesn't make you less of a man. You still have hormones just not.... eh you know. Whether they work or not he still has ballz.

And Ganondorf is on steroids... look at him and deny it... Despite these steroids he consistently loses fights to a man half his size. Thats really impressive. Ganondorf is manly but not Ike or Falcon manly.

Also you didn't read my disclaimer... THEY AREN'T IN ANY PARTICULAR ORDER.
even with the disclaimer snake would be 5th or higher.

It does matter if snake where the last man on earth with plenty of women around humanity would end how ever if any of the other males in the cast where the last man on earth we would have a chance for servile. Its just the luck of the draw if being born with out working male parts didn't affect you neither would being one of the few men in your tribe, thats genetics to you.

http://kotaku.com/5020818/does-solid-snake-havea-solid-snake?cpage=2

also being manly doesn't necessarily mean being attractive so I vote to bringing up Wario.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
even with the disclaimer snake would be 5th or higher.

It does matter if snake where the last man on earth with plenty of women around humanity would end how ever if any of the other males in the cast where the last man on earth we would have a chance for servile. Its just the luck of the draw if being born with out working male parts didn't affect you neither would being one of the few men in your tribe, thats genetics to you.

http://kotaku.com/5020818/does-solid-snake-havea-solid-snake?cpage=2

also being manly doesn't necessarily mean being attractive so I vote to bringing up Wario.
Alright wario becomes top tier.

Talazala

Smash Journeyman
Oh for the love of God.... I knew before I even looked in this thread that Marth would be listed in the woman tier.

There are only 2 words to describe this thread and this tier list....

Epic Failure

The tier list as it should be:

None of these are in any particular order so no one should quote this and say "Wtf Marth>Falcawn?"

God Tier
No God tier... this just leads to extra fanboy bias.

Top Tier
Marth- Only a true man can be straight and sport his look. Marth is about as secure as you can get.
Captain Falcon- Only Falcon can blow up a galaxy with his fist and live.
Ike- Anyone who's played Fire Emblem and scene Ike fight in the Radiant Dawn cutscenes can understand his manliness tier.
Snake- IQ over 180, craploads of explosives, a better spy than James Bond... thats awesome. His use of explosives puts him below the above 3 who fight in melee range only.
Ganondorf- The only man in his entire tribe... thats hard to beat. His losses to Link keep him down though.
Wario- Absolutely disgusting in public... but thats what makes him manly.

High Tier-
Link... he is very brave, but seeing as how he never got with Zelda, he can't be top.
Mario... a plumber who scored with a Princess... sounds good to me.
Luigi... a plumber who stands up to his fears.
Metaknight

Middle Tier-
Bowser... he may be a monster but his idiocy keeps him down.
Yoshi... not manly not feminine.... don't really know what to rate him.. so I'll go middle.
R.O.B... same as above
Sonic... if he got Amy he would be high tier.
Pikachu
Lucario
The Poke'mon Trainers Pokemon
*Poke'mon can't be rated low or high so I chose mid.
Game and Watch... not really sure what tier he is.

Low Tier-
Olimar... makes others do his work.
PT...^same^
Pit.... "You're Not Ready Yet!"... *shoots*

Bottom Tier-
Lucas
Ness
Toon Link... hes a kid not a man... I think.
Kirby.. hes a baby

Woman Tier-
Samus
Peach
Zelda/Sheik

I'm probably forgetting some characters but its late.
Now this this a true arguement. He states his reason and is fairly reasonable with his opinions.

I will now argue back.

Wait, are you saying I'M a fanboy? Your the one who put your main on top tier mate! I don't main Ganondorf, and I didn't feel biased when I put him in god tier. I dislike ganondorf, but I thought he deserved to be god tier cuz of all the reasons I listed. Which basically got re-listed by Chronopenguin:

Losing your manliness with age only counts for some people.
In Actuality Ganondorf's increases as he ages.

Think of it like this

You start to lose "manliness" because your body is degrading as you get older.
However for Ganondorf, his body does not degrade, so it can only get better.
Ganondorf will continue to strengthen in physique and "manliness"

Ganondorf losing to link is supposed to be link winning barely.
Don't buy into Ganondorf being inferior because miyamoto can't represent his own characters because he fears of making games to difficult or detracting from a casual market.
All this and that he can bring his enemies down with him in death, was once a mere thief but worked his way up to becoming lord of darkness, Can defeat god-like spirits, and has been killed so many times yet has recovered everytime.

our top tiers lists are fairly similar. I don't see how I epicly fail, but alright. :dizzy:

You have a good tier list Chris, so I'm gonna use some of those arguements to improve on my own tier list.

Next time I update my manly tier list, Marth won't be in the women's tier, though I can't garentee he will be top tier. Oh and I'm keeping the god tier open.

Smash Cadet
Wow.
That was epic.
And everything you said about Marth and Ike I was arguing about earlier!
EDIT:
Oh, wait wrong person.
Not that I don't agree about GDorf.

Cloud Cleaver

Smash Journeyman
Marth isn't gay. He's just effeminate. Which keeps him from the upper tiers, unfortunately.

Captain Falcon is not nearly as manly as people keep saying he is. That galactic explosion was the reactor, not his fist. Putting fire next to an unstable radioactive dynamo is just asking for a cataclysmic explosion.

While Ganondorf does lose to Link every time, it's not because he's any less masculine. He's DESTINED to lose. That's how the balance of the Triforce works. Power rises, Courage and Wisdom overthrow it.

Lucario is underrated. He's pretty badass, probably equal to Snake, what with Snake being snipped and all.

Meta-Knight's masculinity is also being ignored, as is Charizard's. Come on, now. He's a DRAGON.

The plumber siblings are overrated. Every act of heroism they perform is thrown into the dust by the feats of other characters.

Glad to see Ike getting some proper recognition. If Hector was in here, Ike would have to settle for a lower spot, but in this case Fire Emblem's second-manliest lord is still up there.

Finally, just because Samus is female doesn't mean she isn't kick-*** manly. She's manlier than Wario, at any rate. He just punches, belches, and farts. Samus takes down planets full of battle-hardened space pirates/Ing/Metroids single-handedly, and has killed God-only-knows how many boss enemies that are almost all ten times her size or more.

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
Most Masculine:
1: Power Suit Samus
2: Solid Snake
3: Ganondorf
4: Wolf (He's only a redneck in Brawl. He's supposed to have a British accent. He's more like a pirate version of Bond, especially in the Old School days when he had an eyepatch)
5: Falco (As with Wolf and Snake, guns are manly. Terminator, anyone?)
6: Ike (swords have been manly since they were invented. Deal with it. Aside from Hector himself, Fire Emblem has never known a manlier Lord)
7: Sheik
8: Bowser
9: Fox
10: Meta Knight

Most Feminine:
1: Luigi
2: Jigglypuff
3: Marth (Even the manliness of a sword can't make this guy look straight)
4: Peach (yes, even the pink dress can't compare to the gayness of Luigi)
5: Zelda
6: Captain Falcon (sorry, the brass nipples and up-B humping just aren't right. Not to mention his skintight clothing and his *shudder* ASCOT. He's Freddy from Scooby Doo in disguise)
7: Pit
8: Olimar (he's a wuss, uses others to do his fighting)
9: Pokemon Trainer (see above)
10: Link
lol this tier list is full of win

bijoux

Smash Cadet
I'm not so sure Ganondorf should be God Tier. I mean, have you seen his hair?
It looks like he may have spent a good amount of time putting it up like that.
I wouldn't consider that manly. . . It looks like he's going to the senior prom.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Wait.
It was said that Ike can take a Falcon Punch to the face.
Doesn't that make him better or on par with CF?
I never saw CF as abnormally powerful (he didn't blow up the galaxy, it didn't collapse, it was just light), and......well, how much damage can he and his car take?
As far as they're concerned, Ike can just slice them in half and it's game.

degypr

Smash Cadet
Wait.
It was said that Ike can take a Falcon Punch to the face.
Doesn't that make him better or on par with CF?
I never saw CF as abnormally powerful (he didn't blow up the galaxy, it didn't collapse, it was just light), and......well, how much damage can he and his car take?
As far as they're concerned, Ike can just slice them in half and it's game.
Ike probably wouldn't be able to hit the Blue Falcon considered how slow he is and the Blue Falcon can break the soundbarrier and even though if he would hit, he'd still be unable to hit Falcon with his lightning fast reflexes who are developed by all his years of racing. Falcon however would simply flex his muscles and Ike would be blown away from the sheer impact of his eyes looking at the most manly thing in the universe.

PCHU

Smash Lord
If Ike can take a Falcon Punch, then he can the wannabe that performed the punch.
Seriously, you act as if CF is so great....
So what if his car can break the sound barrier?
It can't break Ike.
And you make it so it seems Ike loses.
Simple solution to his car..... Ike sees the car in the distance.
He immediately puts his sword vertically in front of his body.
Both the car and CF go through it.....but both the car and CF are a bloody mess.

klapaucius

Smash Apprentice
Simple solution to his car..... Ike sees the car in the distance.
He immediately puts his sword vertically in front of his body.
Both the car and CF go through it.....but both the car and CF are a bloody mess.
Little-known fact: If you cut Captain Falcon in half, then you get two Captain Falcons. And you are doomed.

Cloud Cleaver

Smash Journeyman
Ike isn't NEARLY as slow as Brawl makes him look. He's actually prone to capping his Speed stat in Path of Radiance, meaning he double-attacks like a beast. Plus, his Aether heals his own damage AND cuts his enemies' defenses in half.

Plus, you can never forget that Cape > Ascot, every time.

And I realize that another large group of people agreed that Falcon was manly. I'm simply disagreeing with their decision. The fact that others decided it to be true never makes it so.

Talazala

Smash Journeyman
Marth isn't gay. He's just effeminate. Which keeps him from the upper tiers, unfortunately.

Captain Falcon is not nearly as manly as people keep saying he is. That galactic explosion was the reactor, not his fist. Putting fire next to an unstable radioactive dynamo is just asking for a cataclysmic explosion.

While Ganondorf does lose to Link every time, it's not because he's any less masculine. He's DESTINED to lose. That's how the balance of the Triforce works. Power rises, Courage and Wisdom overthrow it.

Lucario is underrated. He's pretty badass, probably equal to Snake, what with Snake being snipped and all.

Meta-Knight's masculinity is also being ignored, as is Charizard's. Come on, now. He's a DRAGON.

The plumber siblings are overrated. Every act of heroism they perform is thrown into the dust by the feats of other characters.

Glad to see Ike getting some proper recognition. If Hector was in here, Ike would have to settle for a lower spot, but in this case Fire Emblem's second-manliest lord is still up there.

Finally, just because Samus is female doesn't mean she isn't kick-*** manly. She's manlier than Wario, at any rate. He just punches, belches, and farts. Samus takes down planets full of battle-hardened space pirates/Ing/Metroids single-handedly, and has killed God-only-knows how many boss enemies that are almost all ten times her size or more.
1. I agree
2. Yes but C Falcon is well, CAPTAIN FALCON. Read my tier list for the answers.
3. Falcon YES!
4. He is next to Lucario. In mine anyways.
5. Oh snap I forgot MK, I'll add him now
6. Mario is a simple civilian who is in a relation with royalty. That takes skillets.
7. Hector for SSB4!
8.My original plan was to make her top/high tier, but she's a woman. thats like putting Marth in the woman tier.

J3sus. They posted one day before I did! I swear I did not see that and make this thread. What are they, trying to make me look like a poser?

Sgt. Baker

Smash Ace
Lol at Marth's spot. That's so wrong though.

YUSS! Ganondorf is the man once again!

I'd think the order would be Ganon, Capt. Falcon, Snake, than Ike. That's just how I see the manliness there :-)

Okay, where's Luigi? at least give him the decency of being higher than Pikachu lol.

Da Cookstar

Smash Rookie
I agree with the guy a few pages ago who said that weapons are manly. Throughout the centuries men have wielded weapons to defend their women and families and protect what is their own.

But then again, it is NOT manly if the person you are fighting is unarmed...

But then again, they are in the fight willingly, so that are just being dumb, and that is not manly.

Conclusion? Weapons are manly.

Cloud Cleaver

Smash Journeyman
"Anyone can pick up a gun and use it." I don't think so.

I've been a competition shotgun shooter for five years now. Nobody can just pick up a gun and use it. It takes lots of training to be able to hit anything, even at fairly close range. The same is true for swords. While it's true that any idiot could swing a sword or shoot a gun, they would NEVER be able to use such refined weaponry EFFECTIVELY. Add to that the stresses of combat, and you get to the bottom line: training is required. Any idiot with muscles, however, can punch; what's more is that Falcon uses bad martial arts form with his signature move!

And Marth wouldn't be manly with a Glock, because Marth isn't manly at all. He would have to bathe in testosterone for any noticeable effect. Besides, Glocks are plastic and wimpy. A Colt would be much manlier.

And yes, as not-manly as Luigi is, he still deserves to be higher on the tiers than Pikachump...>.<

D

Deleted member

"Anyone can pick up a gun and use it." I don't think so.

I've been a competition shotgun shooter for five years now. Nobody can just pick up a gun and use it. It takes lots of training to be able to hit anything, even at fairly close range. The same is true for swords. While it's true that any idiot could swing a sword or shoot a gun, they would NEVER be able to use such refined weaponry EFFECTIVELY. Add to that the stresses of combat, and you get to the bottom line: training is required. Any idiot with muscles, however, can punch; what's more is that Falcon uses bad martial arts form with his signature move!

And Marth wouldn't be manly with a Glock, because Marth isn't manly at all. He would have to bathe in testosterone for any noticeable effect. Besides, Glocks are plastic and wimpy. A Colt would be much manlier.

And yes, as not-manly as Luigi is, he still deserves to be higher on the tiers than Pikachump...>.<
You kidding me? Pikachu's the champ!! You don't have to be a human to be manly (but it helps).

icicleblade

Smash Apprentice
Ike probably wouldn't be able to hit the Blue Falcon considered how slow he is and the Blue Falcon can break the soundbarrier and even though if he would hit, he'd still be unable to hit Falcon with his lightning fast reflexes who are developed by all his years of racing. Falcon however would simply flex his muscles and Ike would be blown away from the sheer impact of his eyes looking at the most manly thing in the universe.
Falcon's muscles? Have you seen Ike in Radiant Dawn?

PCHU

Smash Lord
Ike fights for his friends because he doesn't want them to waste 3 minutes fighting something/someone that only takes Ike 3 seconds to kill.

Simply put.....
Falcon Punch is crappy special effects.
Nothing against CF (He looks so much less like a wannabe tough-guy without the helmet, I would say he's actually cool), but that punch only killed one person.
I'm sure if Ike did Falcon Punch.......
Well, skip killing one person one hit, he'd punch (or slash, I prefer swords) with enough force to reverse a black hole.
Granted Ike may not possess THAT much power, but I'm just saying he's pretty strong.
Not to mention he's got a huge two-handed blade that he can swing with one arm.
Plus, it fires freakin BEAMS!
Snake's gone.

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
"Tags
captain falcon, manliness, manliness tier, manly"

There are the tags that appear at the bottom of this page. Notice how C. Falcon is the only name appearing next to all the manly words. Coincidence? I think not.

PCHU

Smash Lord
It's a hopeless plot to get all Ike players to switch over to CF by calling Ike gay and less manly.
I think it's quite hilarious, and full of failure.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Yeah now that I think about it... Ike from Radiant Dawn is way manlier than Captain Falcon.

Even in the cutscenes he is a freaking juggernaut. When he saves Lucia from an execution, he holds her entire body in his good right arm... and still manages to fight off a crowd of soldiers (killing like 3 of them at once) using an immense 2-handed sword named Ettard... WITH HIS BAD ARM.

And no Ike is not left handed. When he fights he always uses his right hand to hold the Ragnell (with the execution scene being the only exception).

Ike even managed to kill/injure a goddess! Has CF ever done that!?

Top Bottom