• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Manliness tier (and womanly?)

Talazala

Smash Journeyman
Basically the idea of this thread is to discuss the manliness of the characters in Super smash bros brawl. As much as I want to include women in this, I'm gonna give them a seperate tier and list them based on how courageous, bold whatever they are. Try to state your reasoning.

I'll start:

The God tier:

Ganondorf: He has a sword, yet he doesn't use it because he prefers his fists over a weapon, so kudos to him. He does not fear death, shown in his ability to drag down enemies with him to their death. Although he is fairly old he still has top notch strength and low voice. Also he's related to Cfalcon, so bonus punkte! :chuckle:
Update: Da Cookstar just mentioned something important. Ganondorf is one of the rare males born in his tribe that are only born in a undefined number of years. All other people in his tribe are all girls or women. He's has a very manly responsible, people. Is the lord of darkness, who can come back to life.

Top tier:

Captain falcon: Can set people on fire by punching and kicking them. Is in top physical condition, and wears tight clothing, lol. Has been known to kill people with his knee, which is so rediculous it's manly. Unfortunately, he's somewhat paranoid, which leads to him buying a personal island get-away so his enemies get him. No joke. Has illuminated an entire galaxy with his falcon punch before!

Ike: Is capable of taking a FALCOOM PAWNCH to the face, which is PURE MANLY. Unfortunately he uses a sword which drags him behind Ganondorf. Once again, this top tier possesses incredible strength and a low voice. HAS BLUE HAIR, YAAAH. He fights for his friends, not so great.

*Empty space* So who does everyone think should go here?

High tier:

Lucario: The guy invented his own style of martial arts, and becomes stronger in bad situations. Has a low voice, but doesn't seem to be physically fit. Doesn't shave, j/k

Snake: The beard is a emblem of masculinity to men all around the world... Need I say more?
Some say he's a clone and doesn't have a full set of chromosome. He does. Humans can't have only have half there chromosome. He Chuck Norris so yeah.

Shiek: A ninja... what? A woman? No, look. Shiek has a beard.

Bowser: Brutally attacks with razor sharp claws and excelling strength. He will not hesitate to end himself to bring down enemies. Is capable of breathing fire and is horny, hehe. On the other side, he bites, and that is somewhat unmanly. He has capture Peach so times, yet he still hasn't done anything of that level yet. What's his deal?

Mario: Can fight, and somehow gets in a fairly interesting relation with royalty. THAT takes skill. Mustache is a nice bonus.

Wolf: Can fight and has a decently low voice. has a cool little beard going, and pilots a Wolfen. Nails are for women silly wolf.

King Dedede: Sure he's fat, but he can take advantage of this weight and utilize it to his advantage. His strength also compensates for his fatness. Declares himself king, which is ok. Carrying a hammer to solve problems isn't. Sends underlings to do his bidding.

Middle tier:

Fox: Here I come! Here I come! Here I come! Can fight well, but uses a gun. Is kinda short.

Wario: Has a rather odd mustache that is neither manly or unmanly, but is freakin strong and can crush bolders with is a**.

DK: This ape can kill people with one hand tied behind his back. Speaking of ties, he wears a tie. But goes on an adventure for a bunch of bananas that he doesn't really need since they grow all over the Jungle, and is in a blood feud with a bunch of mental crocodiles.

Falco: Brooklyn accent is great, can fight fairly well, but shooting people? Use's lipstick, in his eyes

Link: Is courageous enough to go on a epic journey, adventure, whatever, but isn't enough to simply use his sword. Noooo, he has to use all these other items too.

Luigi: Is kinda weird with his negative zone dancing, and has admitted to cross dressing.

Low tier:

Pit: Not fully a man yet, and has infinite arrows?

Yoshi: People say yoshi is female cuz he lays eggs. Well i'm going to inform you, because those eggs that come out his an** are not eggs because they can't be fertilized and will not make little Yoshi babies. He fights with his tougue, give him some credit.

Ness: a kid.

Lucas: a kid.

Diddy Kong: I don't care how much you like his little jetpack. He uses a pop gun, and is rather scrawny.

Picachu: has rosy cheeks and is a little rat. that can fight really well, but still a rat. Rodent can't be manly!

Toon Link: Not only is he a kid, but a kid that uses weapons. He has musical talent though, and I like that, so...

Bottom tier:

Sonic: Uses roids to compensate for his lack of strength. runs around. Are hedgehogs rodents? because he can be higher if he wasn't. Still, using roids are disgraceful.:laugh:
Super Sonic is Sonic on a roid rage.

Pokemon trainer: Uses other enslaved animals to fight for him. Yells commands in the backround. Freakin cries when he loses. Makes Sonic using roids look like Chuck Norris.
Pokemon are great, don't get me wrong. I just don't like the trainer. I can't judge pokemon becuz they don't have a defined gender though. I wrote Pika before I realized this.

Kirby: He sucks and thats not what men are supposed to do. High pitch voice and can really annoy people, like a little kid (age 5-8 is the worse). Rosy cheeks? What are you, learning from Pika?

Mr. Game and Watch: Nothing really manly. He carries a bowl of goldfish, a turtle. kinda Awkward fellow. Masterbating in public does not make you manly. I means you lack a girl.

Jigglypuff: Clearly wants to be female. Good news Jiggly! with todays surgery, all is possible.

R.O.B.: Who says ROB's a guy?

Women tier:

Samus: Fights space pirates, and kicks rear. Fights to avenge the tragic death of parents. She would rank fairly high on the manly tiers, but alas, she be a woman.

Marth: You know your rightful place marth, lol. but not less than...

Zelda: Just can't beat Marth IMO.

Peach: A fairly dum bimbo of a blonde that can fight. Actually, she fought in the Nintendo Power Mario comics. She was far smarter back then. Maybe I could move her up?

Anyone can argue where the characters go on the list.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
On PT:

You clearly hate the guy don't you? Look, he doesn't enslave Pokemon (have you ever checked the anime, Pokemon have a close relationship with their Trainer). What's even more, friendship is a factor in the games. And if you look closely, you notice that the Trainer doesn't cry.

Oh, and each of his Pokemon have an 87.5% chance of being male, so you can count them as male.

LP4Life666

Smash Journeyman
Peach: A fairly dum bimbo of a blonde that can fight.
WOAH, WOAH WOAH...HANG ON A SECOND HERE...

Thats a fairly dumb HOT bimbo of a blonde that can fight. Up a few tiers for womanliness, thank u very much.

Edit: Wheres Snake?? Where the **** is Snake?? I am sooo putting a C4 on this post.

D

Deleted member

Marth, Ike, Link, and Snake are the manliest.

Bowser doesn't deserve to be that high.

Devil7

Smash Journeyman
On the edge of Final Destination waiting to kill y
he left characters out for you to discuss. While I main ganny I would have to say captain falcon and snake are both manlier. My list would go like this...

Males
1. Captain Falcon
2.Snake
3.Ganondorf
4. Everone else pales in comparison so badly there is no point in even mentioning them.

Females
1. Samus
2.Zelda
3. Who cares these are the two hottest characters, and I hate Peach.

N M E

Smash Apprentice
I'll answer this snake wasn't even worth putting in the list.

Falcon>Gannon and Ike

Falcon for GOD tier.

Tony_11

Smash Apprentice
Wheres kirby?

iwell he swallows stuff, no homo, but uses their skills, which is pretty cool. Its like i eat my Wii and then ill become like my own portable wii =P

D

Deleted member

Wheres kirby?

iwell he swallows stuff, no homo, but uses their skills, which is pretty cool. Its like i eat my Wii and then ill become like my own portable wii =P
That is the reason why he is NOT manly

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
Marth, Ike, Link, and Snake are the manliest.

Bowser doesn't deserve to be that high.
marth belongs where he is now. what the??????? why is ike in front of captain falcon.he doesnt fight like a man he uses a sword. captain falcon is the maniliest

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Indisuputable proof Snake isn't High Tier.
He's a clone, clones are only half of the man/chick/men they should be, so obviously he has less testosterone.
Now the original....

dont argue about Ganondorf being the manliest, I mean come on, he knows a guy is coming to try to kill him, so what does he do?
Play the ****in organ, and hold a woman hostage, you know what most people do? Run and scream.
He gets stabbed in the stomach so what does he do? he breaks his chain's takes out one hand, grabs the guy, and crushes him within a fraction of a second, his death grab is obviously equivalent to a falcon punch.
2, He's a thief, deep down all men want to steal crap (most already do), so ++ for him.
3, wants POWER, ++ for him, some pansies just want this nonsense of being emotionally sound...lulz.
4.Has *****es
5. Lulz at death
6. Doesn't matter if a guy with a divine sword is coming after him, he still takes time to appreciate fishing
7. Turns into a giant boar, why do men say they bring home the bacon? Cus bringing home the strawberries ain't cool.
8, he can kill you with a sword, Magic, curse your ***, steal your girlfriend leaving you mentally insane so that you kill yourself, or eat your cake, yet he still takes time to punch your face in first >.>

Ganondorf = Top/God Tier

xX Boezy Xx

Smash Journeyman
Indisuputable proof Snake isn't High Tier.
He's a clone, clones are only half of the man/chick/men they should be, so obviously he has less testosterone.
Now the original....

dont argue about Ganondorf being the manliest, I mean come on, he knows a guy is coming to try to kill him, so what does he do?
Play the ****in organ, and hold a woman hostage, you know what most people do? Run and scream.
He gets stabbed in the stomach so what does he do? he breaks his chain's takes out one hand, grabs the guy, and crushes him within a fraction of a second, his death grab is obviously equivalent to a falcon punch.
2, He's a thief, deep down all men want to steal crap (most already do), so ++ for him.
3, wants POWER, ++ for him, some pansies just want this nonsense of being emotionally sound...lulz.
4.Has *****es
5. Lulz at death
6. Doesn't matter if a guy with a divine sword is coming after him, he still takes time to appreciate fishing
7. Turns into a giant boar, why do men say they bring home the bacon? Cus bringing home the strawberries ain't cool.
8, he can kill you with a sword, Magic, curse your ***, steal your girlfriend leaving you mentally insane so that you kill yourself, or eat your cake, yet he still takes time to punch your face in first >.>

Ganondorf = Top/God Tier
QFT

for glorious, glorious truth...

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
How about I do an (in)accurate description of every character and you be the judge.

Bowser: might have been manly had he not been trying to kidnap the same broad for sooooo many years. Move on Bowser and find a new b-itch.
Captain Falcon: like the OP said, in great shape, can put people on fire, has the best knee in the game when sweetspotted, but he runs people in cars. Hey, maybe that's a plus.
Diddy Kong: he has a few adventures under his belt, even one where he saved DK. Plus he has a barrel jetpack and a peanut popgun... that's gangsta in the jungle.
Donkey Kong: a brute that fiends for bananas, has a punch that can send you to the moon, plays the bongos pretty **** well, and he can drive. (Mario Kart)
Falco: a bird that looks like the Corn Flakes rooster's brother. One of Fox's wingmen, but a little cockier than Fox.
Fox: leader of the star fox team. Knows his fighting maneuvers and has a lot of power (not necessarily strength, but power) to complement his speed.
Ganondorf: a potential beast, he is the emperor of evil or something like that. Unlike Bowser who has kidnapping the princess for his own, selfish (sexual?) reasons, he has been kidnapping Zelda to get the Triforce and whatnot.
PoPo: while he has a small hammer (lol) and is small and powerless in general by himself, he does in fact have a life partner in Nana (the only one in a steady relationship until further notice), so that has to count for something, cause you know he be banging that to keep warm.
Ike: people like to say he's manly, but this man "fights for his friends," and his recovery is gay. However, he is named after one of the most widely know wifebeaters, and his Final Smash shows it.
King Dedede: he has a huge hammer, sends out Waddle Doos to help him fight, he's fat, and he swallows.
Kirby: he's pink, he has to copy attacks to be effective (yes he does... final cutter and stone are NOT HIS ATTACKS!!!), and he swallows.
Link: he had to save Hyrule for a ridiculous amount of times considering the fact that his name is hardly in the title of games he stars in. (you have no idea how many times casual players call Link "Zelda.")
Lucario: he's a pokemon that fights, and fights pretty **** well. As far as his personality, well, I know nothing of the guy's personal life (i mean, what personal life does a Pokemon have? in the wild, encounters trainer, gets caught, stays in box if trainer thinks the pokemon is too weak)
Lucas: he's a little *****, no way of getting around it.
Luigi: he's a tall *****, no way of getting around it.
Mario: he has incredible jumping ability, but he has been saving the same princess for waaaaay too long. However, he did star in Super Mario 64, and **** what you thought, Mario is the dictator on Nintendo. Nothing gets done without going through him, not even Sonic and Snake coming to Brawl.
Marth: well, he's Marth.
MetaKnight: he wears a mask, he is a very honorable fighter, has a taunt that DEMANDS YOU to fight him, and he can now be invisible for as long as he wants.
Mr. Game & Watch: he wastes food and kills fish. Plus, he's missing a dimension.
Ness: while still a little boy, he seems to have ambitions and has a whole lot more courage than Lucas.
Olimar: uses disposable pikmin to do his dirty work (i.e. damage AND recovery).
Pikachu: takes orders from Ash, but refuses to go into his Pokeball (but wait, what is that he comes out in the beginning of the match? is this the same pikachu?)
Pit: Pit is gay. all he does is fire his arrows, and this is like his second game appearance. **** pit.
Pokémon Trainer: I agree with the OP, he's a coward who uses three pokemon to fight and yells out orders from the background.
R.O.B.: doesn't even have a gender... it's just a robot.
Snake: MGS1, 2, 3, and 4 tell the story, and while he has crushes on ladies that he may meet during his missions (the latest being Zamus in Brawl), he's too busy killing people to act on what he feels.
Sonic: (I'm a Sonic fan, but I'm a try to be accurate with this)he runs extremely fast, he is NOT on roids (otherwise he'd have more kill moves than he has) runs from Amy on a consistent basis, but can basically kick the *** of everyone in the SOnic universe.
Toon Link: the young, Wind Waking version of Link.
Wario: he eats whole cloves of garlic, he bites people, he rides a motorcycle, and he farts.
Wolf: just another copycat. Leave.
Yoshi: eats a lot, LAYS EGGS???

Nana: has sex with Popo on a regular basis, and is the strong woman behind the strong man.
Jigglypuff: her singing is so boring it puts you to sleep, has a Rest attack that is completely inaccurate (if Rest killed people in Pokemon, EVERYBODY WOULD USE IT), and is generally an annoying puff.
Peach: dumb blonde that has suddenly learned how to fight, and yet still gets kidnapped by Bowser.
Zelda: princess of Hyrule, has powers that make her get kidnapped on a regular basis, so it's not her fault.
Sheik: a lady ninja.
Samus: has been known as the greatest bounty hunter in the galaxy, plus she's pretty **** hot when she takes off her suit.

The Manliest: MARIO!!! (because he IS the dictator of Nintendo... he runs this ****)
The Womanliest: ZELDA!!! (because everyone wants her)

TimmWith2Ms

Smash Rookie
When you can wear a leopard print unitard and kill people by doing upward splits, then you can talk about manliness. Snake wins with (pink suit) Falcon in a close second. And Ike's no where near manly... you don't fight for your friends, you fight for the vaj, as so shown by history.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Before thinking badly about PT: Think, what chance does an average pre-teen have against the rest of the Brawl cast. The Pokemon needs him otherwise they'll be lost, and PT needs his Pokemon so he even stands a chance. Haven't you ever performed Snake's special Taunt with PT?!

viparagon

Smash Ace
Falcon beats ganon because he uses REAL fire instead of gay purple sh*t. Plus, he has a gun, but he's too manly to use it
Falcon loses points in brawl though, for carrying around a yellow scarf! WTF is up with that?

Ganon Fights without his sword, takes on link, who uses EVERYTHING, and stomps on people to boot. Plus he doesn't use his sword, because if he did he'd be either top tier or an Ike clone.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
- Inside Ike's pants is another sword...
- The castle is not under siege... That's just Ike's entrance...
- Chuck Norris may be able to push the earth down, but Ike can break it in half...
- Ike tried having safe sex with Samus, but her suit broke due to his massive blade...
QFT

olimar is even less manly than PT because he not only enslaves twice as many creatures as PT he throws them out in order to save his own hide sometimes using them to shield attacks. Olimar is just a bully picking on people smaller than him. Probably taking it out on the pikmin since the bigger kids picked on him at school, and all bullies are cowards deep down.

an FYI for everyone snake is sterile so he should be in the women list. It takes a man to make a man.

klapaucius

Smash Apprentice
Here's my interpretation. This scale goes:

uber-manly----manly----boyish----gender-neutral----girly----womanly----uber-womanly

These are in no particular order, by the way.

Uber-Manly:
-Ganondorf: for every cited reason; dude's also got the most ambition of any Nintendo villain, going from ordinary thief to the friggin' god of twilight
-Captain Falcon: also for every cited reason
-Snake
-Mr. Game-and-Watch: just take one look at his fighting style.
-Wolf: for being the single greatest space redneck in gaming history
-Donkey Kong
-Wario

Manly:
-Falco: high-end, despite the apparent use of emo makeup
-Fox: low-end, because his only real power is nimbleness
-King Dedede
-Olimar: it takes a real man to take up gardening
-Lucario: For being the only Tai-Chi fighter in the Nintendo multiverse
-Bowser: despite his insecurities and terrible parenting skills (seriously, he should be on Maury)
-Mario
-Luigi
-Meta-Knight: skewing towards uber-manly, but even a Spanish fencer with bat wings can do so much when he's a sphere

Boyish:
-Ness
-Lucas
-Pokemon Trainer
-Marth: narrowly avoiding the cliche
-Ike
-Link
-Toon Link
-Popo
-Sonic
-Pit

Genderless:
-Squirtle
-Ivysaur
-Charizard: this and Ivysaur skew pretty strongly towards "male", however
-Pikachu
-ROB: sure, it might seem masculine to you, but have you ever actually checked under that base?
-Kirby: he's a sphere; how does he mate with anything ever?
-Yoshi

Girly:
-Zelda
-Peach
-Nana

Womanly:
-Sheik
-Samus

Uber-Womanly:
-Jigglypuff

To explain a bit further: Those in Uber-Manly aren't just manly, they inspire other men to be more masculine. Those in Boyish might vary in awesomeness, but none of them are quite grown-up enough to be called Manly; the same goes for Girly. Gender-Neutral characters may have genders, but they're male and female in the way hermaphrodites are male and female; that is, you could easily see them as the other gender. Womanly and Uber-Womanly are self-explanatory.

I think this chart is pretty definitive, despite the obvious points of contention (*coughMarth*). I might come back later and reorder these in individual standing on the tier.

D

Deleted member

Pokémon Trainer: I agree with the OP, he's a coward who uses three pokemon to fight and yells out orders from the background.
Snake: "Pokémon Trainer... That's the guy giving orders behind a Pokémon, right?"

Colonel: "Right, and this Pokémon Trainer is controlling Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard. They represent water, grass, and fire, and they're all powerful."

Snake: "So he makes his Pokémon fight while he sits back and watches. Sounds like a good deal if you ask me."

Colonel: "It's not like that, Snake. Those Pokémon wouldn't know what to do if the Pokémon Trainer wasn't there giving orders. In every battle, there's a soldier doing the fighting, and a commander telling him what to do. By working together as a team, they accomplish much more than either could on their own. So let's do this together, partner."

Snake: "...Yeah... Whatever you say, Colonel."

Commanders are manly

half_silver28

Smash Ace
Here's my interpretation. This scale goes:

uber-manly----manly----boyish----gender-neutral----girly----womanly----uber-womanly

These are in no particular order, by the way.

Uber-Manly:
-Ganondorf: for every cited reason; dude's also got the most ambition of any Nintendo villain, going from ordinary thief to the friggin' god of twilight
-Captain Falcon: also for every cited reason
-Snake
-Mr. Game-and-Watch: just take one look at his fighting style.
-Wolf: for being the single greatest space redneck in gaming history
-Donkey Kong
-Wario

Manly:
-Falco: high-end, despite the apparent use of emo makeup
-Fox: low-end, because his only real power is nimbleness
-King Dedede
-Olimar: it takes a real man to take up gardening
-Lucario: For being the only Tai-Chi fighter in the Nintendo multiverse
-Bowser: despite his insecurities and terrible parenting skills (seriously, he should be on Maury)
-Mario
-Luigi
-Meta-Knight: skewing towards uber-manly, but even a Spanish fencer with bat wings can do so much when he's a sphere

Boyish:
-Ness
-Lucas
-Pokemon Trainer
-Marth: narrowly avoiding the cliche
-Ike
-Link
-Toon Link
-Popo
-Sonic
-Pit

Genderless:
-Squirtle
-Ivysaur
-Charizard: this and Ivysaur skew pretty strongly towards "male", however
-Pikachu
-ROB: sure, it might seem masculine to you, but have you ever actually checked under that base?
-Kirby: he's a sphere; how does he mate with anything ever?
-Yoshi

Girly:
-Zelda
-Peach
-Nana

Womanly:
-Sheik
-Samus

Uber-Womanly:
-Jigglypuff

To explain a bit further: Those in Uber-Manly aren't just manly, they inspire other men to be more masculine. Those in Boyish might vary in awesomeness, but none of them are quite grown-up enough to be called Manly; the same goes for Girly. Gender-Neutral characters may have genders, but they're male and female in the way hermaphrodites are male and female; that is, you could easily see them as the other gender. Womanly and Uber-Womanly are self-explanatory.

I think this chart is pretty definitive, despite the obvious points of contention (*coughMarth*). I might come back later and reorder these in individual standing on the tier.
no diddy? he's definitely manly lol ~ also, I would probly move move g&w down to genderless, or at least manly. He is missing a whole dimension after all (u denied meta uber-manly for being a sphere). sheik should go to genderless as well.

as for ur 'boyish' tier, marth, ike & link have no business being there. link & ike should be manly, & marth I'd put in gender neutral. zelda is womanly :p ~ if it wasn't for the swordsmen put in boyish tier & the missing diddy, this would pretty much be perfect lol.

Top Bottom