• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Manliness tier (and womanly?)

Charizard92

Smash Champion
On Pokemon:

Pikachu has something called a gender difference, which means that one gender is different than the other in slight appearance. Female Pikachus have a dent in the end of the tail shaped like a heart. Males have a flat tail. This Pikachu has a flat tail. This Pikachu is male.

All of PT's Pokemon (along with Lucario) have an 87.5% chance of being male

Jigglypuff has a 75% chance of being female.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Mario is basically the manliest of all the men brawlers.

For the ladies, Peach is the most adorable and most attractive in my view.

The ugliest man has to be Wario since he has bad gas and is very fat. The only thing saving him is his sense of humor.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
he left characters out for you to discuss. While I main ganny I would have to say captain falcon and snake are both manlier. My list would go like this...

Males
1. Captain Falcon
2.Snake
3.Ganondorf
4. Everone else pales in comparison so badly there is no point in even mentioning them.

Females
1. Samus
2.Zelda
3. Who cares these are the two hottest characters, and I hate Peach.
Not really, I would put Ganondorf on top. Yes, Falcon is the deffinition of manly but can you really imagine a woman with Ganondorfs personality and power.:laugh: That would be beast.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
NO YOU FEWLS! IT'S TAWM NEWK, CUZ HE DOESEN'T NEEDZ 2 FITEZ CUZ HE IN BACKGRUND!

Seriously though, most manly belongs to friggin Olimar.

I mean come on, he is top tier, and he is originally the size of my p-en-is an ant.

Talazala

Smash Journeyman
C falcon didn't make the very top because he's paranoid that his enemies will find and kill him. Like, extremely paranoid. He can set people on fire with punchs and kicks though, and he is a bounty hunter, so he gets to be behind Ganon and Ike. What the? Who said hard nipples?

I must have been stoned when I put Ike all the way up there... Oh wait, Blue hair. right.

I have nothing against pokemon. Charizard is very masculine, Ivysaur is kinda, and squirtly is constantly puking. Pokemon are cool, but the trainer hides in the back. Wait, I thought he DID cry. What's he doing then?

YOSHI! gahhh... the ignorance... It's giving me cancer! Eggs are only eggs if they can hatch into offspring. What if I called a volleyball an egg? it's round, right? Avocados? You bet. How do you think Yoshi's populate the entire mario world? Becuz they are constantly doing inapropriate stuff that makes little childrens eyes bleed. This one is male becuz Otacon said so in Snakes transmission.

The kids are kids after all, so I can't put them that high.

Olimar? Pfff. he's is like, what? two inches tall (accidental burn to lavisFiend)? Also, he enslaves little plant people. Enslavement = Non-manly. Unless...

Don't worry guys, I put marth where he needs to be.

Chaos Emeralds = Roids.

Super Sonic = Sonic on a roid rage. ROID RAGE, NOW I"LL SHOW YOU!!! (You do realize I'm kidding, right?)

Wow. In one day this thread has grown three pages. Feel free to post your own tiers too. I think I might update mine...

Talazala

Smash Journeyman
Oh snap, I forgot about Wolf. He's going up there, but not top in my opinion. You can make your own tier and make him toptier though.

Da Cookstar

Smash Rookie
Ganondorf deserves the top spot. He comes from a tribe where he is the only man born for X amount of years, so he is responsible for the population to continue existing.

Yeah, go Ganon.

Talazala

Smash Journeyman
Omg. Ganondorf deserves to be in a GOD TIER OF MANLINESS for this. forget 1# manly in top tier, he gets his own tier.

Oh and I just updated the list, sorta

LP4Life666

Smash Journeyman
Here's my interpretation. This scale goes:

uber-manly----manly----boyish----gender-neutral----girly----womanly----uber-womanly

These are in no particular order, by the way.

Uber-Manly:
-Ganondorf: for every cited reason; dude's also got the most ambition of any Nintendo villain, going from ordinary thief to the friggin' god of twilight
-Captain Falcon: also for every cited reason
-Snake
-Mr. Game-and-Watch: just take one look at his fighting style.
-Wolf: for being the single greatest space redneck in gaming history
-Donkey Kong
-Wario

Manly:
-Falco: high-end, despite the apparent use of emo makeup
-Fox: low-end, because his only real power is nimbleness
-King Dedede
-Olimar: it takes a real man to take up gardening
-Lucario: For being the only Tai-Chi fighter in the Nintendo multiverse
-Bowser: despite his insecurities and terrible parenting skills (seriously, he should be on Maury)
-Mario
-Luigi
-Meta-Knight: skewing towards uber-manly, but even a Spanish fencer with bat wings can do so much when he's a sphere

Boyish:
-Ness
-Lucas
-Pokemon Trainer
-Marth: narrowly avoiding the cliche
-Ike
-Link
-Toon Link
-Popo
-Sonic
-Pit

Genderless:
-Squirtle
-Ivysaur
-Charizard: this and Ivysaur skew pretty strongly towards "male", however
-Pikachu
-ROB: sure, it might seem masculine to you, but have you ever actually checked under that base?
-Kirby: he's a sphere; how does he mate with anything ever?
-Yoshi

Girly:
-Zelda
-Peach
-Nana

Womanly:
-Sheik
-Samus

Uber-Womanly:
-Jigglypuff

To explain a bit further: Those in Uber-Manly aren't just manly, they inspire other men to be more masculine. Those in Boyish might vary in awesomeness, but none of them are quite grown-up enough to be called Manly; the same goes for Girly. Gender-Neutral characters may have genders, but they're male and female in the way hermaphrodites are male and female; that is, you could easily see them as the other gender. Womanly and Uber-Womanly are self-explanatory.

I think this chart is pretty definitive, despite the obvious points of contention (*coughMarth*). I might come back later and reorder these in individual standing on the tier.
This dude's got it down. Bravo!

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Here's my interpretation. This scale goes:

uber-manly----manly----boyish----gender-neutral----girly----womanly----uber-womanly

These are in no particular order, by the way.

Uber-Manly:
-Ganondorf: for every cited reason; dude's also got the most ambition of any Nintendo villain, going from ordinary thief to the friggin' god of twilight
-Captain Falcon: also for every cited reason
-Snake
-Mr. Game-and-Watch: just take one look at his fighting style.
-Wolf: for being the single greatest space redneck in gaming history
-Donkey Kong
-Wario

Manly:
-Falco: high-end, despite the apparent use of emo makeup
-Fox: low-end, because his only real power is nimbleness
-King Dedede
-Olimar: it takes a real man to take up gardening
-Lucario: For being the only Tai-Chi fighter in the Nintendo multiverse
-Bowser: despite his insecurities and terrible parenting skills (seriously, he should be on Maury)
-Mario
-Luigi

-Meta-Knight: skewing towards uber-manly, but even a Spanish fencer with bat wings can do so much when he's a sphere

Boyish:
-Ness
-Lucas
-Pokemon Trainer
-Marth: narrowly avoiding the cliche
-Ike
-Link

-Toon Link
-Popo
-Sonic
-Pit

Genderless:
-Squirtle
-Ivysaur
-Charizard: this and Ivysaur skew pretty strongly towards "male", however
-Pikachu
-ROB: sure, it might seem masculine to you, but have you ever actually checked under that base?
-Kirby: he's a sphere; how does he mate with anything ever?
-Yoshi

Girly:
-Zelda
-Peach
-Nana

Womanly:
-Sheik
-Samus

Uber-Womanly:
-Jigglypuff

To explain a bit further: Those in Uber-Manly aren't just manly, they inspire other men to be more masculine. Those in Boyish might vary in awesomeness, but none of them are quite grown-up enough to be called Manly; the same goes for Girly. Gender-Neutral characters may have genders, but they're male and female in the way hermaphrodites are male and female; that is, you could easily see them as the other gender. Womanly and Uber-Womanly are self-explanatory.

I think this chart is pretty definitive, despite the obvious points of contention (*coughMarth*). I might come back later and reorder these in individual standing on the tier.

Anything labeled in red was epic fail

Talazala

Smash Journeyman
Naww, Mr.GaW isn't that great. His tier is a bit more easy to read, since it's not a wall of text like mine. Wut? Lucario friggin invented his own fighting style.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
Marth should have his own TIER with Ike above all the rest! FE tier ftw!
And don't give me that he wears a tiara bs. Real kings wear tiaras! period.

Cloud Cleaver

Smash Journeyman
Most Masculine:
1: Power Suit Samus
2: Solid Snake
3: Ganondorf
4: Wolf (He's only a redneck in Brawl. He's supposed to have a British accent. He's more like a pirate version of Bond, especially in the Old School days when he had an eyepatch)
5: Falco (As with Wolf and Snake, guns are manly. Terminator, anyone?)
6: Ike (swords have been manly since they were invented. Deal with it. Aside from Hector himself, Fire Emblem has never known a manlier Lord)
7: Sheik
8: Bowser
9: Fox
10: Meta Knight

Most Feminine:
1: Luigi
2: Jigglypuff
3: Marth (Even the manliness of a sword can't make this guy look straight)
4: Peach (yes, even the pink dress can't compare to the gayness of Luigi)
5: Zelda
6: Captain Falcon (sorry, the brass nipples and up-B humping just aren't right. Not to mention his skintight clothing and his *shudder* ASCOT. He's Freddy from Scooby Doo in disguise)
7: Pit
8: Olimar (he's a wuss, uses others to do his fighting)
9: Pokemon Trainer (see above)
10: Link

Demp

Smash Journeyman
Toon Link should get the top of the Womanly tier and Samus should get the top of the Manly tier. Owned.

derv

Smash Apprentice
diddy kong is incredibly manly
think of it this way:
what happens in prison:
the strongest, horniest person does whatever he wants to anyone else, WHATEVER he wants
diddy's side + B?
men ****.
women cant.

Cloud Cleaver

Smash Journeyman
I agree on Samus, but Luigi is much more feminine than Toon Link. His cartoonishness makes him seem a lot less feminine than the rest. Toon Link's more of a "genderless" character.

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Going to Gamelon. I'm taking the Triforce of Spag
The Luigi hate, among other things, just made this thread extremely irritating. Just because a guy is a coward doesn't mean he's effeminate. The very idea of cowardice = femininity is insulting. And people need t shut up about Captain Falcon. Although I must disagree with Cloud Cleaver on Luigi, I applaud him for exposing Falcon as the fudgepacker he is.

klapaucius

Smash Apprentice
Anything labeled in red was epic fail
Donkey Kong is uber-manly. Being a great ape, he's pretty much quintessential masculinity. He even wears a tie, so on top of that, dude's a gentleman.

Bowser is manly. Sure, he's got a power level that fluctuates more than the peso, but his early appearances make up for recent times.

Mario and Luigi are manly. They're two plumbers from Brooklyn. What more do I have to explain?

Pokemon Trainer is boyish. He's a ten-year-old boy--okay, he doesn't really look it. But he can't be more than sixteen.

Ike and Link are just teenagers too. Power levels aside, they can't even drink anything stronger than health potions.

Zelda... okay, that I understand. The more I think about it the more I understand I only put her there in contrast to Sheik. Zelda is officially womanly.

And Jigglypuff is uber-womanly. She's pure, undililuted femininity. Just look at her; she's an adorable pink ball who's way more powerful then she looks, and she wears red bows and sunhats. Not even Zamus could pull off a sunhat.

Hope this clears up my reasoning.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Donkey Kong is uber-manly. Being a great ape, he's pretty much quintessential masculinity. He even wears a tie, so on top of that, dude's a gentleman.

Fine you beat me on this one
Bowser is manly. Sure, he's got a power level that fluctuates more than the peso, but his early appearances make up for recent times.

The guy also loses to 2 plumbers everytime. Thats not manly
Mario and Luigi are manly. They're two plumbers from Brooklyn. What more do I have to explain?
Meh
Pokemon Trainer is boyish. He's a ten-year-old boy--okay, he doesn't really look it. But he can't be more than sixteen.
ok......
Ike and Link are just teenagers too. Power levels aside, they can't even drink anything stronger than health potions.
They also saved the world many times. Ike also fights for his friends. Links manly enough to express his thoughts in action, not words
Zelda... okay, that I understand. The more I think about it the more I understand I only put her there in contrast to Sheik. Zelda is officially womanly.

And Jigglypuff is uber-womanly. She's pure, undililuted femininity. Just look at her; she's an adorable pink ball who's way more powerful then she looks, and she wears red bows and sunhats. Not even Zamus could pull off a sunhat.
No wai.....
Hope this clears up my reasoning.
Need i say more?

Cloud Cleaver

Smash Journeyman
In my circle of Smash friends, we colloquially refer to him as "Captain Falgot".

Luigi's cowardice isn't the sole reason for his lack of masculinity. His voice and mannerisms are also rather gay sounding. The dancing during his FS is icing on the fudgecake, as it were. Couple that with his strangely fitting pink costume, and you have a gay plumber.

Link is somewhat effeminite, but he's still manlier than Marth. If it weren't for some lame lines (I fight for my friends comes to mind) Ike would be one of the manliest men in the game. I mean, come on. Ragnell is a two-handed sword, and judging by the design, is even heavier than those are supposed to be. And he swings it with ONE HAND like it's nothing.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Anyone that's not afraid to **** someone at anytime is uber-manly. Therefore Ganon, Captain and Diddy for god tier. Ganon is higher though because falcon has a neckerchief.
plus, Ganon backhand-purple-flame-pimpsmacks everyone to death.

On the other hand, Ike gets hard everytime he kills someone(up taunt). To me that's not manly, that's just creepy.

Olimar's manly enough to pimp *****es of all color's AND he's only two inches tall. Top tier.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
for those asking snake to be god tier you have to realize that under those muscles and tights are 2 non working testicles. That alone brings him down to mid tier at best it doesn't matter what else he does.

Now that I think of it wario should be higher in the list he farts, burps, and has a sense of humor that every man should try and obtain. If he had a beer and a football he would be above ganon.

as for the part about Ike being a teenager this is him now

http://serenesforest.net/media/fe10illust/l/L_Ike.jpg

Nybb

Smash Journeyman
You are forgetting that Snake is pretty much Chuck Norris crossed with Riker's manbeard.

His only competitors are pre-Brawl Captain Falcon and Melee Gandondorf. But alas, both of those characters have been crushed in Brawl (RIP), thus there is no competition.

Talazala

Smash Journeyman
I've changed Mah list.

The God tier:

Ganondorf: He has a sword, yet he doesn't use it because he prefers his fists over a weapon, so kudos to him. He does not fear death, shown in his ability to drag down enemies with him to their death. Although he is fairly old he still has top notch strength and low voice. Also he's related to Cfalcon, so bonus punkte! :chuckle:
Update: Da Cookstar just mentioned something important. Ganondorf is one of the rare males born in his tribe that are only born in a undefined number of years. All other people in his tribe are all girls or women. He's has a very manly responsible, people. Is the lord of darkness, who can come back to life.

Top tier:

Captain falcon: Can set people on fire by punching and kicking them. Is in top physical condition, and wears tight clothing, lol. Has been known to kill people with his knee, which is so rediculous it's manly. Unfortunately, he's somewhat paranoid, which leads to him buying a personal island get-away so his enemies get him. No joke. Has illuminated an entire galaxy with his falcon punch before!

Ike: Is capable of taking a FALCOOM PAWNCH to the face, which is PURE MANLY. Unfortunately he uses a sword which drags him behind Ganondorf. Once again, this top tier possesses incredible strength and a low voice. HAS BLUE HAIR, YAAAH. He fights for his friends, not so great.

*Empty space* So who does everyone think should go here?

High tier:

Lucario: The guy invented his own style of martial arts, and becomes stronger in bad situations. Has a low voice, but doesn't seem to be physically fit. Doesn't shave, j/k

Snake: The beard is a emblem of masculinity to men all around the world... Need I say more?
Some say he's a clone and doesn't have a full set of chromosome. He does. Humans can't have only have half there chromosome. He Chuck Norris so yeah.

Shiek: A ninja... what? A woman? No, look. Shiek has a beard.

Bowser: Brutally attacks with razor sharp claws and excelling strength. He will not hesitate to end himself to bring down enemies. Is capable of breathing fire and is horny, hehe. On the other side, he bites, and that is somewhat unmanly. He has capture Peach so times, yet he still hasn't done anything of that level yet. What's his deal?

Mario: Can fight, and somehow gets in a fairly interesting relation with royalty. THAT takes skill. Mustache is a nice bonus.

Wolf: Can fight and has a decently low voice. has a cool little beard going, and pilots a Wolfen. Nails are for women silly wolf.

King Dedede: Sure he's fat, but he can take advantage of this weight and utilize it to his advantage. His strength also compensates for his fatness. Declares himself king, which is ok. Carrying a hammer to solve problems isn't. Sends underlings to do his bidding.

Middle tier:

Fox: Here I come! Here I come! Here I come! Can fight well, but uses a gun. Is kinda short.

Wario: Has a rather odd mustache that is neither manly or unmanly, but is freakin strong and can crush bolders with is a**.

DK: This ape can kill people with one hand tied behind his back. Speaking of ties, he wears a tie. But goes on an adventure for a bunch of bananas that he doesn't really need since they grow all over the Jungle, and is in a blood feud with a bunch of mental crocodiles.

Falco: Brooklyn accent is great, can fight fairly well, but shooting people? Use's lipstick, in his eyes

Link: Is courageous enough to go on a epic journey, adventure, whatever, but isn't enough to simply use his sword. Noooo, he has to use all these other items too.

Luigi: Is kinda weird with his negative zone dancing, and has admitted to cross dressing.

Low tier:

Pit: Not fully a man yet, and has infinite arrows?

Yoshi: People say yoshi is female cuz he lays eggs. Well i'm going to inform you, because those eggs that come out his an** are not eggs because they can't be fertilized and will not make little Yoshi babies. He fights with his tougue, give him some credit.

Ness: a kid.

Lucas: a kid.

Diddy Kong: I don't care how much you like his little jetpack. He uses a pop gun, and is rather scrawny.

Picachu: has rosy cheeks and is a little rat. that can fight really well, but still a rat. Rodent can't be manly!

Toon Link: Not only is he a kid, but a kid that uses weapons. He has musical talent though, and I like that, so...

Bottom tier:

Sonic: Uses roids to compensate for his lack of strength. runs around. Are hedgehogs rodents? because he can be higher if he wasn't. Still, using roids are disgraceful.:laugh:
Super Sonic is Sonic on a roid rage.

Pokemon trainer: Uses other enslaved animals to fight for him. Yells commands in the backround. Freakin cries when he loses. Makes Sonic using roids look like Chuck Norris.
Pokemon are great, don't get me wrong. I just don't like the trainer. I can't judge pokemon becuz they don't have a defined gender though. I wrote Pika before I realized this.

Kirby: He sucks and thats not what men are supposed to do. High pitch voice and can really annoy people, like a little kid (age 5-8 is the worse). Rosy cheeks? What are you, learning from Pika?

Mr. Game and Watch: Nothing really manly. He carries a bowl of goldfish, a turtle. kinda Awkward fellow. Masterbating in public does not make you manly. I means you lack a girl.

Jigglypuff: Clearly wants to be female. Good news Jiggly! with todays surgery, all is possible.

R.O.B.: Who says ROB's a guy?

Women tier:

Samus: Fights space pirates, and kicks rear. Fights to avenge the tragic death of parents. She would rank fairly high on the manly tiers, but alas, she be a woman.

Marth: You know your rightful place marth, lol. but not less than...

Zelda: Just can't beat Marth IMO.

Peach: A fairly dum bimbo of a blonde that can fight. Actually, she fought in the Nintendo Power Mario comics. She was far smarter back then. Maybe I could move her up?

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Heh cool list :) nice work

Sonic: Uses roids to compensate for his lack of strength. runs around. Are hedgehogs rodents? because he can be higher if he wasn't. Still, using roids are disgraceful.:laugh:
Super Sonic is Sonic on a roid rage.

Lol :laugh: I think you're being a bit harsh on poor Sonic. If you're going to brand him as a roid user then what about Mario and Luigi? They use mushrooms to make themselves super powered don't they? And all the Zelda crew have Triforce powers (although if we strip everyone down to the bone because of their powers then we wouldn't get very far :laugh:). He's also older than Ness, Lucas and probably Toon Link (I can't remember what age he is but it's something like 15 or 16) So yea, imo, Sonic is at least higher than Luigi. At least he's always willing to help/save people no matter what danger there is, unlike Luigi.
Edit: Sorry I knew I'd forgotten something. It turns out that Hedgehogs are NOT rodents (I too thought they were but apparantly not)

P.S Where is Meta Knight?

SirKibble

Smash Champion
If Captain Falcon gets a high spot for Falcon Punch, Kirby should be higher than bottom tier for being the only other character capable of ever potentially using the move. C'mon, at least make him middle.

Top Bottom