• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mangos Falco Advice

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
hm i need help going about the marth matchup... what are some good ways to approach him while maintaining a check for counter? should i just space lasers and be patient for his reaction? or wait for shield and then approach him?

for some reason im always scared of counter or random fsmash/ftilt

how can i get over that fear and find a good approach
if you were spamming lasers he should have either been in shield/getting hit or not in range to counter (and hit at least). this means you will have last to commit advantage (based on how good your spacing is) and be able to react fairly easily to whether he is countering or doing something else.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Ledge advancing. I think this is the weakest part of my game. I'm not sure when to use what, although I can do all of the off-the-ledge tricks.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Somebody tell me how to do quick ledgehop > WD from ledges on to stages with Fox and Falco? I can do the one where you drop below the stage slightly farther and time a jump to wd, I can even do Fox's ledgehop > platform wd on Yoshi's Story, but I dunno how to do the insta ledge > wd

Falcinho

Smash Ace
yeah he timing is kinda tricky if you want to keep your invincibilty to cover the landing lag.

When i dont play for some time i often suicide while trying this because i dont hold the controll stick all the way to the side =/

important: jump very soon --> airdodge very soon after this / hold the controll stick completely to the side

TresChikon

Smash Lord
What rock do you live under?

Nah jk, it's exactly like using the Ctrl stick to fall off except it doesn't make you DI (nor fastfall) anywhere.

Oh and just tilt it or you'll do an aerial and die.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
scar jumping is pretty ****, and its good to know how to do things, you'll be surprised that things other characters do come in handy sometimes with your own main.

Rannskita

Smash Journeyman
scar jumping is just as easy with either imo. but the repeated arials+recovery for falco is a lot harder cos hes bawlzd by his short recovery which allows for zero mistakes... i can do six with him, but more often than not i die, and its not as useful as for falcon in game.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Pichu can scar jump =D

Er, now to be serious lol. I'm having trouble against ganondorf. I tried lazer camping like it says in Mogwai's thread but inevitably I get hit and he hits me like 3 more times and kills me. I tried the opposite and played very aggressive against him but that puts me in more risk to get hit and I'll get ****ed up.

What am I supposed to do against the king of all evil?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
camp to put him in position to attack. like, the point of shooting him a lot is to be able to pick your spot for approaching, not to wrack up damage. since Ganon is so slow, he moves very little between lasers and this lets you control the spacing of the match, which, since Ganon's game is 95% spacing, let's you pack his **** in. if you just play the matchup for a couple hours doing this, you'll eventually learn all Ganon's easy bread and butter tricks and then once you stop falling into those, he's completely helpless... except on Yoshi's story, where his uair's hitbox is larger than the stage.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Might be easier with Falco, but it's probably useless because I've never seen it done in a tournament match. I prefer working on real tech skill instead of flashy stuff.
meh, lots of things are useless and people do em in tourny matches anyway.

like why do fox's try to fight peach when you can just waveshine her across the stage to upsmash. :laugh:
any other strategy is inferior.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
your style is defined by what flashy things you do. if you play generically you will probably get beat by experienced players who have seen the exact same style a billion times.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
camp to put him in position to attack. like, the point of shooting him a lot is to be able to pick your spot for approaching, not to wrack up damage. since Ganon is so slow, he moves very little between lasers and this lets you control the spacing of the match, which, since Ganon's game is 95% spacing, let's you pack his **** in. if you just play the matchup for a couple hours doing this, you'll eventually learn all Ganon's easy bread and butter tricks and then once you stop falling into those, he's completely helpless... except on Yoshi's story, where his uair's hitbox is larger than the stage.
thanksss =D

Scud

Smash Apprentice
your style is defined by what flashy things you do. if you play generically you will probably get beat by experienced players who have seen the exact same style a billion times.
?
uniqueness and using mindgames doesn't have much to do with being flashy

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Might be easier with Falco, but it's probably useless because I've never seen it done in a tournament match. I prefer working on real tech skill instead of flashy stuff.
Good mindset.

I think flashy is the wrong word. You probably mean to say creative or something. PC Chris wasn't particularly flashy, and neither are most of Mango's characters honestly. PC's peach and Mango's Falcon aren't super flash, but they get the job done in ways generic Peach players and Falcon players could only wish of imitating. But I agree with you for the most part. Being unique (and sometimes flashy) with your character sets you apart from the hundreds out there that watch the same vids and play at the same tournaments and idolize the same people.

strawhats

Smash Master
TBH honest mango gets the job done w/. his great spacing and mindgames. Not 2 min. combos and flashy ****. Leave the need for speed falco for DSW, who also plays really smart and has great mindgames. This is why Bronson's falco is soo good. Mango's falco is not slow by any sense of the word. I would actually hope to see someone do that APM **** for mango's falco. So that people can see the effectiveness of balanced speed, spacing, and mindgames. All this while not trying to move like a super saiyan. Very few people can pull that **** of.( m2k, shiz, colbol) just to name a few.

P.S. is mano in Long Island or in the Bronx( Westchester) area.

unknown522

Some guy
Somebody tell me how to do quick ledgehop > WD from ledges on to stages with Fox and Falco? I can do the one where you drop below the stage slightly farther and time a jump to wd, I can even do Fox's ledgehop > platform wd on Yoshi's Story, but I dunno how to do the insta ledge > wd
Do it like how you would do a normal WD with them. It works for me. I find it hardest to do with fox, because the timing is really tight compared to all other characters.

Shine -> WD is easier from the ledge, though you have like 5-6 frames less invincibility.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Instant WD from the ledge is mad easy with Fox. Falco's jump timing makes it much more awkward.

Like Unknown said, the timing is similar to a standard wd.

What I do is: Down on the analog stick, then rotate it forward, and input the command for wave dashing.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
yea i think flashy has a weird implication in the smash scene. i consider anything non-standard or without direct necessity to be flash

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Do it like how you would do a normal WD with them. It works for me. I find it hardest to do with fox, because the timing is really tight compared to all other characters.

Shine -> WD is easier from the ledge, though you have like 5-6 frames less invincibility.
I find it really hard with Jigglypuff XD

But she has 100000000000 jumps so it doesn't matter with her lololol

Top Bottom