• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mangos Falco Advice

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
i have a question

say you hit fox out of the stage on Dreamland...he's recovering low with the up B....you as falco short hop Dair the fox...he techs it and ASAP does the illusion hoping to grab the edge

my question is this...if I as falco did a Down smash ASAP after the Dair will it hit the fox out of his illusion or does he get invincibility frames?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
as soon as they start a move out of their tech they lose the invincibility (at least for the walljump version)

Falcade

Smash Cadet
I heard if you met Falco IRL you would mate with him to make little Falco's made out of Mang0 substance (like orange peelings or something). Is this true?

LAX_

Smash Apprentice
I heard if you met Falco IRL you would mate with him to make little Falco's made out of Mang0 substance (like orange peelings or something). Is this true?
i don't know about you, but i'm not a big fan of mating with birds.

Falcade

Smash Cadet
I usually mate with birds an a weekly basis. I try to do it constantly at a rate of about 3 days per week, although I have been having an affair with another bird- Birdo.

voorhese

Smash Master
hey my falco is a lot better than may fox is (idk about was), but when i play fox again after words hes a little slower (and i try to play him like falco) if i keep switching in between them when i practice every other game, will this go away do u think? ( i know everyones diff, but from your experiences)

Zengar

Smash Cadet
This might be a little biased, but as a fox main, what are the worst things fox can do to your approach? Basically, what aspects of fox do you find most troublesome, and how do you counter that?

Moogled

Smash Cadet
how does mango jump out of midair shine (to bair or dair), up or X??? ??? ??? ??

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
how does mango jump out of midair shine (to bair or dair), up or X??? ??? ??? ??
First of all, it'd really help if you typed like you weren't mentally challenged...

Secondly, it depends. I can do shine bairs perfectly consistently, what I do is I press down on the left stick and B, then up on the left stick and then right / left on the right stick. But it changes from person to person. I know somebody who uses Y, I believe, but it's much slower so I wouldn't recommend it.

Stratford

Smash Champion
For shinebair/shinedair I think jump cancelling the shine with ctrl stick is a lot easier because then your right hand's free to immediately hit the cstick, but whatever works.

voorhese

Smash Master
For shinebair/shinedair I think jump cancelling the shine with ctrl stick is a lot easier because then your right hand's free to immediately hit the cstick, but whatever works.
again i play weird so when i shine -> bair when falco is facing right i:
shine -> jump with control stick and slide from b (tip of thumb) to cstick (side of thumb)

and when i shine bair while falco is facing left i:
shine -> slide to x (tip of thumb) -> lift thumb off of x -> c-stick with knuckle right below tip of thmb and sometimes tip (depends on something i dont know lol)

and for shine dair (since i only have to hit down on c-stick every time not right or left) i:

shine -> slide to x -> lift thumb -> hammer down on cstick

yah...

Moogled

Smash Cadet
I can cstick it fine but mango doesn't use cstick so help also my typing is fine so shut your mouth!!!!!

voorhese

Smash Master
good news im getting a cap card in the mail soon, so i can post some vids of my falco for u guys to tear to shreds

Falco (MOP)

Smash Journeyman
Question, and I'm sure it's been asked in the last 55 pages, but here goes.

but, when is throwing back or forward appropriate, I always just throw upwards, or sometimes down >.<

And also, when are the most vital moments in a match to be dash dancing. I do it often, but I always found it more productive to shoot lasers rather than twist around to get a dash.

And lastly, I hear people saying they shine bair peach at 300+ damage. WTF. I can barely do it past 100... what's the strategy for that?

Thanks Mango, Mogwai or any other mad falco's out there willing to help.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
F and B-throw gets them offstage for edgeguarding and I believe if they DI any of those throws inwards you can do some silly follow ups like dash attack or something.

Dash dancing lets you be campy in a different non-laser way. You can do it to bait an attack which you will dash away from and punish. You can shield right out of it and SG when they attack your shield (you lose if they try to grab you or if they do nothing.) You can umm....attack out of it or...just keep DD and be gay.

That's all I can think of. Oh and you can do it in between stocks to be cool and stuff.

Shine bairs work at any percent if you shine aerially, that's because your DJ only takes one frame to do, so you won't have to deal with the 6 frames that a standing jump takes. It just lets you follow up the shine with a bair faster. Standing shine-bairs are possible at lower percents, but I think you should just dair and keep comboing if they're at low percents.

Cross.

Smash Ace
I see lambchops do a lot of full hop double laser onto a platform, drop through and laser again. When I try this, i cant do it at all and falco seems to just crouch or something(it seems he has some lag from the laser?). Is there anything special to laser on a platform, drop through and then laser again? or am i jus messing up?

X1-12

Smash Champion
when is grabbing ever useful? i mean i'm probably doing it wrong but i allways used to laser approach to grab but then if i D-throw they tech or any other throw DI away and it seems like i've achieved nothing, also i find it easier to instead of shield pressuring to do a d-air -> shinegrab but i still dunno what to do once i've grabbed them any help? and i know at the edge i can f/b-throw them off but what about when i'm not near the edge

Top Bottom