• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[MAJOR] Australian Cyber League (ACL): Melbourne April 9th-10th

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
hey hey hey, if you cant prove anything, and you've gone a banned an innocent person, do you expect good morally uprighteous people like me and dekar to just simply stand by and let this evil go unpunished?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
you can take up the fight to have the innocently banned person reversed through forum disputes, sheesh. no biggie. moving along now...

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
:(

nobody ever reads forum disputes (and even if they did, its always some lame excuse if that, and nothing ever happens), and I personally think and feel that such things shouldnt be all closed curtains and stuff.
surely you cao, who has a strong intrest in polotics can aprechiate the need for transparency, even if it is just a childrens fighting game forum.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
luke! :) i think that's because those who challenge through forum disputes have a weak case to present. i mean, if swf was indeed festered with corruption, users would to a point revolt collectively and leave the site. swf is transparent enough -- it's primairily a public forum; you can essentially say what you like, even something like MLG sucks, even though it is owned by MLG. in fact, our relationship with MLG has deteriorated heavily, since the owners read what a lot of us have to say about them. But that's just the nature of a subscription to a public forum.

as for transparency? the benfits of transparency don't delegitimize the benefits of privacy. sometimes people just need places to talk without interference from others -- that's essentially what all private rooms are on SWF. the stuff that has leaked out of those rooms from time to time have nothing malicious or corrupt attached to them.

if i'm a bad mod i'll be reviewed and demodded. people get elected to modship through a community concensus that the selected person is a better contributor to the boards than most, etc. :)

on topic -- MVC3, oh, wait...

Remastered

Smash Lord
Stuff such as Harrypontings posts occur all the time in the QLD threads. We are possibly the biggest troll/annoying state in Aus, and yet no one ever gets infracted for anything up here. There are even some members I know that I am yet to see a non-troll post from.

Standards?

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Stuff like Harryponting doesn't happen in the qld threads lol. We don't have random newbies / alt accounts showing up telling us they're going to come and beat everyone.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Stuff such as Harrypontings posts occur all the time in the QLD threads. We are possibly the biggest troll/annoying state in Aus, and yet no one ever gets infracted for anything up here. There are even some members I know that I am yet to see a non-troll post from.

Standards?
do your part and report them.

swordsaint

Smash Master
pretty sure shaya thought it was an alt account cos it had an overseas IP address right? or did i misunderstand something? :O

Nova

Banned via Warnings
If it was a proxy (which can be verified easily if it's not high anonymity), it pretty much screams alt account.
Still, no proof, lol.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
if that was harry posting, he'd have been banned
smasher discrimination sucks

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
squeeeee! after sd broke up with turtle i was next in queue. <3

anyhow, whose up for partying on friday and probably saturday night? i can co-ordinate a group if need be, since i've already got plans to trash town

tibs7

Smash Champion
Don't go out Friday!!! I have work! :(

and that's cool Sam <3

S.D

Smash Master
squeeeee! after sd broke up with turtle i was next in queue. <3

anyhow, whose up for partying on friday and probably saturday night? i can co-ordinate a group if need be, since i've already got plans to trash town
I don't get in til lateish friday. Might just crash in the arms of attila. Up for other nights tho. Nice blue writing.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I don't get in til lateish friday. Might just crash in the arms of attila. Up for other nights tho. Nice blue writing.

you're the daddy remember? he needs to be in your arms.

ok, but if you change your mind just call me. i'll be partying probably all friday night. places i suspect you'd probably appreciate as well. we can re-hit them on saturday. what blue writing?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i just realized that today is friday. friday is a pretty cool day, friday comes after thursday. i also like friday because friday comes just before saturday. truly friday is a great day. let's hear it for friday!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Dear Dekar289. You have recieved an infraction from Smash World Forums. The reason:

friday

Hermit=D

Smash Apprentice
Can't wait for this, i got time off from work, cause all the calling in sick i had done actually did get me in trouble >_>

Lol Friday, you should youtube 'Friday Dubbed' its the first link, hilarious.

Gords

Smash Champion
i crashed at the airport after BAM last year, if you want to sleep for sleep i wouldnt recommend it. but if you just want to rest up its ok

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
well there are these things called hotels... there's some at the airport -- no distractions from smashers :p

Top Bottom