• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MA Power Rankings (melee)/General Discussion

Roman.

Smash Champion
raise your hand if you've ever seen arc play good in tourney...

he gets nervous and chokes so consistantly that it's surprising that he's even on a list that is based off of tourney results...

everyone knows that when arc is on, he ***** but he's never performed when it counts... even i beat arc last time we played

Spife

Smash Master
guys guys

so now I'm playing the furniture in my house, I'm just glad we don't have an ottoman.

1. Futon
2. Nightstand (mind games me so hard)
3. Three-legged chair I found in the garage
4. Spife
5. Card Table

as you can see, the furniture in my house are much better at this game then the ****ing dead rodants I was playing with before.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
raise your hand if you've ever seen arc play good in tourney...

he gets nervous and chokes so consistantly that it's surprising that he's even on a list that is based off of tourney results...

everyone knows that when arc is on, he ***** but he's never performed when it counts... even i beat arc last time we played
I'm not sure where I choked actually. I consistently lose to the same people at almost every tournament I enter. Since I didn't get destroyed by you the last time we played (I did lose) I would just say that you did well.

I agree that I have been somewhat inactive melee wise of late. So it's no biggie.

I just don't see the choking, more like I just haven't stepped up. Unless you guys think I'm that good and just consistently choke against players I should be able to beat, that's pretty sweet.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I've got a pretty important inquiry regarding the validity of the current list.

Power Rankings

1. Yedi :falco: :drmario:
2. Roman:fox:
3. The Irish Mafia:peach:
4. Kyu Puff :popo:
5. ArcNatural :fox:
My problem lies within spot 3, and as expected by a post made by "Dazwa" discussing "Irish Mafia," it involves my Kirby. Now, don't get me wrong, I know I've kicked the horse named "Dazwa's Kirby > Irish Mafia" to well beyond the brink of death, but a recent Melee tournament I entered has introduced me to a new pair of new shoes with which I can kick this horse. Adidas Smith Millenium, Men's size 13.

See, this Melee tournament was a side event at the second iteration of "Souper Smash Brothers Tournament," hosted in Lowell, a tournament primarily aimed at Brawl+ players. Naturally, I entered. They were paying out to third place, and despite the fact that Darc was in attendance, I felt like I could tank the entire tournament going straight Kirby. In fact, I entered teams with Allied, a Brawl player from New York, fellow crewmate in 100% Juice, and a good friend of mine, and in the grand finals we managed to take Darc and Boxman
's double Mewtwo, and then Double Link
to set 2 game 5, going double Kirby. An impressive feat indeed, and an indicator of the level of skill I was up against at the tournament.

So go straight Kirby I did. Very first round I met up with a man whose smash name I'm unfamiliar with, so I'll call him ****-***, because he yelled that out in response to something Dustin and I had said, it was hilarious. Fittingly enough, ****-*** played Peach, a character I'm well-versed against as Kirby. Both games were long and drawn out, and ****-*** put up a decent fight, especially despite my experience in the matchup. I came out the victor, and mentioned the incredible rivalry I have with a certain ranked Peach in the region. He felt glad to have done so well despite his entry into the fray of competitive Melee being so recent. I applaud him, and hope to see him in the future. The second game I was put up against the person who has played against my Kirby more than anybody on this very earth, combined. The one, the only, the Boxman. We both knew what to expect from our matches - incredibly close games, but I, no, Kirby, would emerge the victor - and destiny proved itself true.

I was already in the winners finals, up against none other than Darc. Toppling this Melee giant with Kirby would be no easy feat. I'll put the description of this match in spoilers because it was a pretty gruesome fight to the end, and I wouldn't want to ruin anyone's innocence.
BAN JIGGLYPUFF BAN JIGGLYPUFF BAN JIGGLYPUFF BAN JIGGLYPUFF BAN JIGGLYPUFF BAN JIGGLYPUFF BAN JIGGLYPUFF BAN JIGGLYPUFF BAN JIGGLYPUFF BAN JIGGLYPUFF BAN JIGGLYPUFF BAN JIGGLYPUFF BAN JIGGLYPUFF BAN JIGGLYPUFF BAN JIGGLYPUFF BAN JIGGLYPUFF BAN JIGGLYPUFF BAN JIGGLYPUFF BAN JIGGLYPUFF BAN JIGGLYPUFF BAN JIGGLYPUFF BAN JIGGLYPUFF BAN JIGGLYPUFF BAN JIGGLYPUFF BAN JIGGLYPUFF BAN JIGGLYPUFF BAN JIGGLYPUFF BAN JIGGLYPUFF.
Darc barely emerged the victor, and I swore my revenge in the grand finals.

That was, of course, if I even managed to make it to the grand finals. The player I had expected to meet in the losers finals was well on his way to meeting me there, but was trumped by another player in losers semis. This player was traveling a similar path as my own. The self-righteous low tier path, one that would cleanse our high tier sins. However, this player was not using Kirby, and instead chose the most sinister, dark, evil, low tier of them all. I speak of course, of Mr. Game and Watch, played by Corey ****ing Hauver.

But you might know him better as...OMEGABLACKMAGE. Yes, OBM had triumphed over all his foes, spare one Kirby waiting for him at the summit of Mt. Mortons Bracket. I had decided against my call for revenge against Darc, offering to split with him should I meet him in the grand finals. No, I had found a better challenge - defeating this fellow low tier in the losers finals. Yes, the losers finals of a Melee tournament that Darc attended, was Kirby vs Mr. Game and Watch. AND SO THE MATCH BEGUN.

Going into the match, I felt as if this should be a cakewalk. OBM doesn't really play Melee anymore, and to top it off, he plays Game and Watch! Easy wins, right? WRONG. The first game was incredibly down to the wire, and ended on a sneaky reverse uair on my part. I wiped the sweat off my forehead, and continued into game 2, in which I narrowly emerged victorious once again. The match was even closer, it ended with a trade where the positioning of our characters provided me victory. Game 3 however, was ultimately the thesis of this entire post.

Omegablackmage, resident of Massachusetts, in his retirement from both Melee and Brawl, using Mr. Game and Watch, took a round off my Kirby in tournament. (1-3)

The Irish Mafia, resident of Massachusetts, in his current Melee prime having never stained his Melee hands with Brawl, using Peach and Fox, has not taken a round off my Kirby. (0-3)

In fact, OBM had beaten me so convincingly, that I was not aware of the stock tally during the match. It seriously felt like I was down a stock throughout the entirety of game 3, based on the sheer destruction I was being handed in only 2 dimensions. I took him to Rainbow Cruise game 4, and despite him being in the lead that entire game, I managed a comeback that no witness would forget - and more importantly, it was to the point where stunning, risky comeback was my only option. Kirby once again emerged victorious, and gladly took 2nd place to Darc.

So, in closing, being the only person to play both Irish Mafia and OBM recently, I feel Omegablackmage :gw: should be ranked 3rd above The Irish Mafia :peach:, who would take the 4th place position. Go to Cataclysm V. That is all.

SOLAR

Smash Ace
Based on those events, OBM should take the spot, but it could be a rock paper scissors sort of thing. OBM should face Irish in a rank match!

A well told story, D! :x

Inui

Banned via Warnings

My problem lies within spot 3, and as expected by a post made by "Dazwa" discussing "Irish Mafia," it involves my Kirby. Now, don't get me wrong, I know I've kicked the horse named "Dazwa's Kirby > Irish Mafia" to well beyond the brink of death, but a recent Melee tournament I entered has introduced me to a new pair of new shoes with which I can kick this horse. Adidas Smith Millenium, Men's size 13.

See, this Melee tournament was a side event at the second iteration of "Souper Smash Brothers Tournament," hosted in Lowell, a tournament primarily aimed at Brawl+ players. Naturally, I entered. They were paying out to third place, and despite the fact that Darc was in attendance, I felt like I could tank the entire tournament going straight Kirby. In fact, I entered teams with Allied, a Brawl player from New York, fellow crewmate in 100% Juice, and a good friend of mine, and in the grand finals we managed to take Darc and Boxman
to set 2 game 5, going double Kirby. An impressive feat indeed, and an indicator of the level of skill I was up against at the tournament.

So go straight Kirby I did. Very first round I met up with a man whose smash name I'm unfamiliar with, so I'll call him ****-***, because he yelled that out in response to something Dustin and I had said, it was hilarious. Fittingly enough, ****-*** played Peach, a character I'm well-versed against as Kirby. Both games were long and drawn out, and ****-*** put up a decent fight, especially despite my experience in the matchup. I came out the victor, and mentioned the incredible rivalry I have with a certain ranked Peach in the region. He felt glad to have done so well despite his entry into the fray of competitive Melee being so recent. I applaud him, and hope to see him in the future. The second game I was put up against the person who has played against my Kirby more than anybody on this very earth, combined. The one, the only, the Boxman. We both knew what to expect from our matches - incredibly close games, but I, no, Kirby, would emerge the victor - and destiny proved itself true.

I was already in the winners finals, up against none other than Darc. Toppling this Melee giant with Kirby would be no easy feat. I'll put the description of this match in spoilers because it was a pretty gruesome fight to the end, and I wouldn't want to ruin anyone's innocence.
BAN JIGGLYPUFF BAN JIGGLYPUFF BAN JIGGLYPUFF BAN JIGGLYPUFF BAN JIGGLYPUFF BAN JIGGLYPUFF BAN JIGGLYPUFF BAN JIGGLYPUFF BAN JIGGLYPUFF BAN JIGGLYPUFF BAN JIGGLYPUFF BAN JIGGLYPUFF BAN JIGGLYPUFF BAN JIGGLYPUFF BAN JIGGLYPUFF BAN JIGGLYPUFF BAN JIGGLYPUFF BAN JIGGLYPUFF BAN JIGGLYPUFF BAN JIGGLYPUFF BAN JIGGLYPUFF BAN JIGGLYPUFF BAN JIGGLYPUFF BAN JIGGLYPUFF BAN JIGGLYPUFF BAN JIGGLYPUFF BAN JIGGLYPUFF BAN JIGGLYPUFF.

That was, of course, if I even managed to make it to the grand finals. The player I had expected to meet in the losers finals was well on his way to meeting me there, but was trumped by another player in losers semis. This player was traveling a similar path as my own. The self-righteous low tier path, one that would cleanse our high tier sins. However, this player was not using Kirby, and instead chose the most sinister, dark, evil, low tier of them all. I speak of course, of Mr. Game and Watch, played by Corey ****ing Hauver.

But you might know him better as...OMEGABLACKMAGE. Yes, OBM had triumphed over all his foes, spare one Kirby waiting for him at the summit of Mt. Mortons Bracket. I had decided against my call for revenge against Darc, offering to split with him should I meet him in the grand finals. No, I had found a better challenge - defeating this fellow low tier in the losers finals. Yes, the losers finals of a Melee tournament that Darc attended, was Kirby vs Mr. Game and Watch. AND SO THE MATCH BEGUN.

Going into the match, I felt as if this should be a cakewalk. OBM doesn't really play Melee anymore, and to top it off, he plays Game and Watch! Easy wins, right? WRONG. The first game was incredibly down to the wire, and ended on a sneaky reverse uair on my part. I wiped the sweat off my forehead, and continued into game 2, in which I narrowly emerged victorious once again. The match was even closer, it ended with a trade where the positioning of our characters provided me victory. Game 3 however, was ultimately the thesis of this entire post.

Omegablackmage, resident of Massachusetts, in his retirement from both Melee and Brawl, using Mr. Game and Watch, took a round off my Kirby in tournament. (1-3)

The Irish Mafia, resident of Massachusetts, in his current Melee prime having never stained his Melee hands with Brawl, using Peach and Fox, has not taken a round off my Kirby. (0-3)

In fact, OBM had beaten me so convincingly, that I was not aware of the stock tally during the match. It seriously felt like I was down a stock throughout the entirety of game 3, based on the sheer destruction I was being handed in only 2 dimensions. I took him to Rainbow Cruise game 4, and despite him being in the lead that entire game, I managed a comeback that no witness would forget - and more importantly, it was to the point where stunning, risky comeback was my only option. Kirby once again emerged victorious, and gladly took 2nd place to Darc.

So, in closing, being the only person to play both Irish Mafia and OBM recently, I feel Omegablackmage :gw: should be ranked 3rd above The Irish Mafia :peach:, who would take the 4th place position. Go to Cataclysm V. That is all.
10/10

would read again

SleepyK

Banned via Administration

every time dylan makes a post i have a new avatar

Blanky

Smash Journeyman
So go straight Kirby I did. Very first round I met up with a man whose smash name I'm unfamiliar with, so I'll call him ****-***, because he yelled that out in response to something Dustin and I had said, it was hilarious. Fittingly enough, ****-*** played Peach, a character I'm well-versed against as Kirby. Both games were long and drawn out, and ****-*** put up a decent fight, especially despite my experience in the matchup. I came out the victor, and mentioned the incredible rivalry I have with a certain ranked Peach in the region. He felt glad to have done so well despite his entry into the fray of competitive Melee being so recent. I applaud him, and hope to see him in the future.
i am he who, with the grace and beauty of two peacocks, yelled "$hit-a$$"
i hope to play you again, homie.

anywho, i was wondering when and where i can play some of you ranked players though! i want to know where i stand! i did alright against dazwa's kirby, and took OBM to one-stock, high percentage during each match of our set!

it's hard to learn to play when you dont really have someone better than you to play against, so i really want to play some of you guys!

amazing post by the way dazwa. very poetic. felt like i was actually there.
i was actually there

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i've been in that futon with cogsmooch and i'll be ****ed if he doesn't overfill his twinkies

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Top Bottom