• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[M-1/2/10/17/22] Oddworld Mafia -- END! Town won!

X1-12

Smash Champion
woah, how did I miss that joanbud wasn't newb lol totaly solved that problem

kinda like Js most recent post, still not that impressed

I also totally look like swiss' ***** now, but hey - what's new

Unvote:
Vote JoanBud

L-2, however I think Cello is wanting to hammer, be weary when putting him at L-1

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Nick: Why are you waiting for a response from a person who stated she was going V/LA?

@Joan: Including me, you are effectively at L-1. Claim the next time you're on.

@Swiss: On the off-chance that we're wrong about J, who are Joan's partners?

No one else vote for Joan just yet. Let's give him a chance to claim first.

Xastrn

Dastrn|Xatres
@Joan and J: What do you think of the connection I've made between you two in my previous posts? Neither of you has addressed this.

When Dastrn gets off work we'll be discussing this game thoroughly. It's possible we'll have a Joan lynch tonight, if Cello is serious about just waiting to hammer.

@Joan: You still haven't claimed, which Cello told you to go ahead and do. Are you planning on offering a this or any other final defense to all the accusations against you?

Swiss

Smash Lord
Gah I hate those questions. You made me lose my train of thought.

Gord you've been very lenient on J and very harsh on Joan in recent posts. How certain are you of Joan's scum flip? Would you help lynch J if we so decided it?

Kataefi

*smoke machine*

Vote Count

[5] JoanBud: EdreesesPieces / Swiss / GorditoBoy69 / X1-12 / J
[2] J: Cello_Marl / smargaret
[1] Nicholas1024: Mayling
[1] Mayling: SummonerAu
[1] Swiss: JoanBud

[0] SummonerAU
[0] X1-12
[0] EdreesesPieces
[0] GorditoBoy69
[0] Xastrn
[0] Cello_Marl
[0] Smargaret

[2] Not Voting: Nicholas1024 / Xastrn

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline is Wednesday September 29th, Noon GMT

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Gordito will never be Night Killed.

Nick is acting foolishly. I don't know what to think of him anymore. I want him dead, but I don't want to lose his vote (but then again, I don't really have it the way he's acting right now, do I?), but I don't want to use a lynch to take care of the issue. 1st Night vig, or 2nd Night vigvestigate might be good for him, or 3rd or 4th Day lynch if that doesn't happen.

At any rate, a J-investigation would be the way to go toNight imo. Vig shot is acceptable, but I would prefer if that happened to X1 or Nick.

I'm concerned that, this entire time, X1 hasn't really been concerned about my effectively controlling the town. His attempt to shift focus to J could have been trying to bus the weaker party member if X1/J/Joan, or just trying for an easy mislynch if X1/Joan/other. To be honest, I forgot what made me think he was town in the first place; maybe I just told myself that so often that I started believing it? I'll reread overNight or in two days if Joan isn't lynched by then.

Probable V/LA tonight and tomorrow night. My Dad is on his last day visiting and wanted to hang out, and I'm going to play laser tag the night after.

@J: Why are you signed up to play a second game if you are having difficulty maintaining a reasonable level of activity in one?

smargaret

Smash Rookie
Mod: J did unvote me, actually, somewhere in that massive block of text, so his vote for Joan should count, right?

smargaret

Smash Rookie
After reading your posts I find my vote against you is unjust and thus: Unvote My intial thought on you was wrong by which I thought you wanted to kill town unjustly.

I clipped that for length, but left that paragraph entirely intact.

I will vote for Joan, but I want a claim first and don't feel comfortable going to L-1. Also,

Unvote: J

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
I thought I remembered that unvote had happened, but when I went back to find it, I couldn't. Thanks, smargaret.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
What do you feel about his lack of Summoner reasoning? I take it you aren't particularly worried by it.
Were you talking about me?

@J

You said at the end of the first quote of ur wall of post that me, Joan and Summoner were on ur scum list. You explained Joan and I, but what do you not like about Summoner (mightve accidentally skimmed, but still answer lol)?
I AM worried about it. He picked me, Joan, and Summoner. And only explained 2 of us 3.

Gord you've been very lenient on J and very harsh on Joan in recent posts. How certain are you of Joan's scum flip? Would you help lynch J if we so decided it?
I don't see any reason as of right now to switch from Joan to J. Joan's looking scummy as heck. J voiced his opinion well. I didn't forgive him. Just a bit more town points to J. I just hope that J doesn't go quiet for a while again... Yea, he has the library crap, but a commitment's a commitment.

Gordito will never be Night Killed.
This has been said in 3 of the 5 games I've played here. I never understood why...

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Gordito, what in particular made you feel better about J?

J, pretty sure that last post of your could have been so much shorter.

first paragraph on johns then a paragraph on the town and scum reads you listed. Just sayin' you might what to think about overall post length and how many times you repeat yourself. You didn't answer my question from awhile ago and since you've quoted right next to it, why didn't you answer it?

#HBC | Gorf

The fact that he posted, first of all, and that he GAVE scum picks. J's new, so for now, I'll give him a bit of leeway. I'd like him to pick it up, but what he gave was a start.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
wait, so if I went inactive until the end of D2 right now and then posted a big list of why I was inactive and then gave 3 scum picks, how much better would you feel? (I get the feeling it would have been another 'Why I can't post: The Novel' if he wasn't asked about it). I'm just a bit worried that if J can't post much now, what happens if he goes to LYLO?

#HBC | Gorf

He

A) gets prodded/modkilled/replaced.

B) gets lynched.

I'm saying that I'm happy that he at all. But if this behaviour keeps up, I'm gonna get very annoyed very fast.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Summoner: I'd prefer to hammer with Joan, but if he doesn't claim the next time he's on, then I shall hammer with Summoner.

@Joan: After you claim, vote for yourself.

@Gordito: I am. If we weren't, these votes wouldn't really generate any pressure would they?

Xastrn

Dastrn|Xatres
@Cello Why should you be the hammer?
@Joan Speak up soon please. We want your claim.
@J How does it feel to get away with being largely inactive. Also, tell me your read on Joan, as it relates to how he's responded to Cello and me putting pressure on him.

@Summoner - You seem all too comfortable handing the hammer to Cello. What makes you so confident that this is wise?

smargaret

Smash Rookie
If Joan claims PR, I'd prefer to have someone other than Cello hammer. I think the hammerer in that case is going to be a draw for the NK, and I think that Cello is being a very pro-town player right now, and if he hammers and gets a PR, there will be no reason for scum not to kill him. I also think Joan should claim, and if Joan claims PR, we should wait to hammer until we decide who will do so and how they will put the power to use. If the hammerer does not comply, well, we have a lynch target for Day 2.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@smargaret: If Joan does not claim, would you be willing to let Summoner take the hammer, knowing that if he acquires a PR he will become a likely target?

@Summoner: Same, but reversed.

Something else, one of Joan's partners may be feeding our decision to wait until he gets back, so we'll assume she isn't going to claim in 13 hours (which is 24 hours after her last visit), and decide what to do then.

smargaret

Smash Rookie
Assuming no claim after a deadline is fair, and I am on board with that.

Honestly, I don't know who should take the hammer, as long as we recognize that whoever hammers a flipped power role will be a target. Partly I'm worried about you having too much power - I have no reason to think you're scum, but you could be. Scum who has the power to lead town the way you have been AND has the power to get people to let him hammer without even questioning it is a very scary thought. We should be able to hem in whoever hammers enough that scum will have to do what we want with the power role lest they get lynched Day 2.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
@Cello
I must have missed it, I'm not quite caught up yet. Also, could you please summarize why you want me dead?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Nick: When you post opinions, I have to check my own work to make sure you haven't just copied and pasted it. I can't even call your posts merely parroting. I feel like I'm looking at my reflection in the mirror, and talking to a voiceless shadow copy that is twisted ever so slightly.

You've constantly repeated that I've played to my town meta, and yet you have repeatedly neglected to cite specific examples and explain clearly what you believe that meta to be for the half of the player roster that doesn't even have a frame of reference for what you are talking about. You cannot truly expect any single one of those players, much less all of them, to read through whole games that they have never participated in and will not ever again have any use of the information contained within.

Finally, you don't have an identity in this game. I can't get a feel for your alignment. I don't want to deal with that. By asking a vig to kill you, or a cop to investigate you, I don't have to. In all likelihood, I'll be dead within a couple of Days anyway, but I can give my solid opinion on just about everyone else (after Joan's flip, anyway). If you continue to abstain from interacting heavily with the other players, I don't think I can form one, and you will likely die as a result.

@smargaret: As your leader, I encourage you from time to time, and always in a respectful manner, to question my logic. If you're unconvinced that a particular plan of action I've decided is the wisest, tell me so, but allow me to convince you and I promise you right here and now, no subject will ever be taboo. No exceptions, unlike that Oren Ishii.

But really, I don't truly have that kind of power at the moment. It's Swiss/Cello. And if either of us stopped acting in Town's favor, the other would jump on it and stop this kind of barreling momentum cold. Two or three of you, May, Summoner, and Gordito could do that too, should it become necessary; just don't do it for the sake of stopping momentum. As long as well are acting in Town's collective interest, I don't see a problem.

X1-12

Smash Champion
I don't think Cello should hammer, I think me or gordito should

if say, cello hammers, he might get nked meaning we lose a good player AND the PR for one night

Swiss

Smash Lord
We'll have a doc. Doc should flip a coin and protect either Cello or myself, regardless of what possible powers Cello may acquire. Scum'll need to risk 50/50 if they want to kill either of us. Wifom is our friend.

@ Gord What do you feel about his lack of Summoner reasoning? I take it you aren't particularly worried by it.
You didn't seem worried at the time, is my point. Seemed to be confused not worried until I asked you about it. Why are you worried? What could this mean?

X1, why Gordito? You are aware of the mechanics of this game, I assume. Also, PR trading ability lasts for one night only. Little point in targeting Cello for that. We can't keep everyone alive, but we can give the best chances to certain players. Few scum risk a blocked NK.

Cello, X1's intro was classic X-town, I'll tell you that. But he's not a player to underestimate.

Happy for the hammer to fall anytime.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
@Everyone Are we good with lynching 7 DAYS before the deadline?
There is nothing to be gained from lynching early. The only reason I can think of to lynch early is if Joan doesn't claim or post anytime soon, or Joan's claim is horrible and he's so definitely scum, we don't want his buddies to have the time to pin someone else or defend him. But if Joan's claim is any somewat believable or a PR then why not use the rest of the day to figure it out, gather more information, and get more material out there to improve NK and lynch analysis for later in the game?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
If Joan claims PR, I'd prefer to have someone other than Cello hammer. I think the hammerer in that case is going to be a draw for the NK, and I think that Cello is being a very pro-town player right now, and if he hammers and gets a PR, there will be no reason for scum not to kill him. I also think Joan should claim, and if Joan claims PR, we should wait to hammer until we decide who will do so and how they will put the power to use. If the hammerer does not comply, well, we have a lynch target for Day 2.
Go ahead and let Cello hammer. Doctor is an EXTREMELY common role, and just about any player in this game would protect Cello.

Anyways, as far as the hammering before deadline thing, it is completely okay to hammer long before the deadline if we're sure of the lynch. The longer we wait, the longer scum has to try and manipulate town into a mislynch. Check out DBZ D1. Town had Overswarm (Mafia Yakuza) dead to rights about halfway through, but everyone delayed on the idea of "extending the day", and Overswarm managed to wriggle out of the lynch in the end.

I have a question for you, EP. What do we gain by waiting that we couldn't gain tomorrow?

@Cello
There are three main reasons I think you're town.
1) Your extreme activity and pressuring.
2) The way you're ruling over town and directing everything.
3) The way you baited reactions with that post @ Joanbud. (In the past I've seen you gambit to get better reads, and this seems to fall in with that idea.)
As for examples, Treestump D1 and DBZ D1 are excellent ones.

@Swiss
Hm... fair enough. From what I've seen scum usually avoids guessing games with the NK.

Unvote if I have one
Vote: JoanBud

That's L-1.

Top Bottom