• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[M-1/2/10/17/22] Oddworld Mafia -- END! Town won!

smargaret

Smash Rookie
Joan toDay is better than J. I was just settling for J.

Still, J went invisible. That makes me feel like he has something to hide.

Didn't stop him from joining a low tier online tournament two hours ago. (Good luck in Epic Failures, J!)
That's very interesting, that J can't come by and say something but is clearly on the site. Does he know he's at L-1?

Cello's just about convinced me about Joan being scum, though, and there's two posts in a row where one post I'm town and the next he thinks I'm doing something scummy (asking J who he thinks is scum, other than me). That kind of fast change of heart with so little evidence seems scummy to me. We'd learn a lot more from Joan's flip than from J's, but J will be a liability in lylo. On the other hand, if he keeps this up, we'll just replace him with someone who won't flake.

I'll be happy if we lynch either one, but I'll leave my vote on J for now.

smargaret

Smash Rookie
THat may actually have been a typo on my part - I'm flipping with another game in a similar situation where it's 5 to lynch, and I may have messed that up. Let me double check.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Also, I do want to stress that not dropping by SWF without posting here is not innately scummy. I've done it plenty of times myself, when I'm rushed to go to work. Also, I don't have any posts anywhere else, which shows that I don't have much interest in the rest of the site. (I did lurk a bit, but I haven't played Smash in a while, so I pretty much only come here now for Mafia. Do keep in mind that this is, afterall, Smashboards [J's 2000+ posts show that checking out other parts of the site without coming here would be understandable {example: I forget what percent Falco's matchup versus Lucas, and I'm about to play in an online tournament versus a Lucas main in 10 minutes. Do I swing by DGames? No.}]

But, this is consistent behavior on J's part. He can't possibly not realize he's not under scrutiny, and has taken no steps to rectify his scummy actions.

@Gordito and smargaret: J is at L-2. Xastrn FoSed Joan.

Xastrn

Dastrn|Xatres
Talked a bit with Dastrn when I got home, then read through the night's activities. We seem to be in agreement about J and Joan. J's inactivity hurts town, and he's not helping himself much in his responses. Meanwhile Joan is actively hurting town and seems to be drawing in more and more hate as time goes on.

Still no decision on voting. Barring any major developments, we should have a vote up tomorrow. The debate right now is this: We've made a connection between Joan and J, with Joan's soft town-read that I quoted in my last post. The question is, who do we lynch and how does the result of that affect the read of the other? Which lynch choice leaves us with the most information for use in D2?

If we lynch J and he flips scum, we now have Joan's soft town-read looking much more scummy.

If we lynch J and he flips town, Joan's soft town-read is less scummy, but it could be said that by drawing attention away from an inactive player with lots of hate (one likely to be lynched or modkilled later), she could have been saving the lynch for a better, more troublesome target.

If we lynch Joan and she flips scum, anyone Joan's defended becomes suspect. Especially suspect would be the wishy-washy town-read of J. It would reek of trying to defend without looking like a defense

If we lynch Joan and she flips town, the soft town-read of J goes right out the window, and we're left with J's inactive town-hurting to go against him.

Right now I'm with Dastrn in leaning towards lynching Joan, as it gives us more concrete information on the other side. But we still need to discuss it more to make a final decision.

Xastrn

Dastrn|Xatres
Note: By "discuss it more" I mean, Dastrn and I. It would be rude for either of us to make a vote without the consent of the other. Definite FOS on Joan, though.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
I'm gonna disect the four posts that J made after the game started.

The first three aren't worth quoting. Straight up I'M SOOOOOO SORRY! Or LMFAO IM NEW AND SICK.

But let's look at the only thing that slightly resembles playing the game:

I'm so sorry for introducing myself ;-; I thought it would be nice but I guess not. *sigh*
It's cool to introduce yourself. But, you should, like, play. Not just say HI! and go into hiding.

If you think I am scum I would love to actually see some proof in my posts to back up your claims.
You're not serious... Was that a serious statment?

Trust me I am going to be posting alot more.
@EVERYBODY this is J's LAST POST. Just throwing that out there.

I also find it kindof insulting to have the mark of trying to use such a deceptive way of using my faults as a new player to hide under the rader.
Too bad he's looking right.

I wanna take a look at the second part of your post I have quoted. So wait you are saying that you are okay with a town member being killed (Xastrn) even if you do not believe that they are scum because we will just lynch Swiss D2 if Xastrn is not scum. However you think Swiss is town. In the end are you truly saying you are okay to be lynching town? I'm sorry but that doesn't sound good at all and a possible scumslip. I also want to everyone to look at the part I bolded. Being happy to kill a town member? Since when is it ever a good thing to kill a town member? Why not go straight for who you think is scum and build a case around them?
I think you might be taking the wrong way. It's like a sacrifice. Xastrn isn't much help (in his eyes), and he feels lynching a useless can have an advantage, which in this case it can.

@J, how do ya feel about dat jive up there ^?

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
I can't post tonight as I just got home and I'm going to bed. I'm not going to be able to post tomorrow because it's my boyfriend and mine's 5th month anniversary and we're going to see the moonbow. I'm really sorry.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
A disclaimer before I start. Obviously since I'm going through a ton of stuff, a good bit of what I say is likely going to have been already said by someone. So, in b4 parroting accusations. Anyway...

The latter (originally, it was merely capitalized). I'm not particularly interesting in finding scum. At this time, there is not enough support that I can reliably count upon to further my goals with such tactics. Instead, I am attempting to appear as townie as possible.
I'll start here. Normally, trying just to appear townie instead of hunting scum would be a pretty big indicator of scum trying to hide. However, Cello knows this, so I think he said the above to bait responses (mainly from JoanBud though, as that's the person whose quote Cello was responding to with the above)

Gordito takes the bait.

Oh, and Cello. I find it peculiar, this statment:

It worries me. I see it as you're too lazy to even try to look for scum, but rather, you're going to make a foundation for you to go back to, just in case a wagon against you starts.
I'd be open to consider almost any case on anyone. I don't care about the deliverer of the message, I care about the message itself.

No, peculiar is NOT the strongest word. Probably the nicest word lol.

And when I say "foundation for you go to back to", I mean if you wanted to defend yourself later on in the game, that can easily be the first sign you say that points out "hey I am town, b****es!" (assuming you're actually that stupid as to defend your being town, rather than a scummy case on the accuser [which i don't think you are]).
I find his response... peculiar. ;) Seriously, I'm felling like he's trying to just sow suspicion of Cello without actually pushing a case here.

Just to get one thing clear. It's not Gordito finding Cello scummy that I dislike right here; after all, not everyone has Cello's meta. However, I DO dislike how he's subtly pushing a wagon without actually starting it. I've got my eye on you, Gordito.

Continuing...

I think Gordito is on to something to point out that you blatant don't care about hunting scum and that you just want to focus on appearing town yourself. I'd think you're indie based on that idea, except that it'd be so obvious to say that explicitly if you were indie, so surely you wouldn't say it.
Thing is, although that is a legit mentality that scum often uses, why on earth would any scum admit to it? (That, along with my meta on Cello, is why I'm so sure Cello's baiting responses.)

Now for JoanBud to take Cello's bait hard.

I hate absolutely everything Cello's said so far.

You assume that just because I haven't played SMF Mafia means I'm "out of the loop," and you also assume that, if so, I would be eager to rush into a game headfirst. Why is that? What do you base these assumptions off of?

Being cautious is important throughout the entirety of the game. This is a game of thought and perception, not random votes and half-***** suspicions. "Provoking" you (curious--do you feel provoked right now?) may or not be categorized as being cautious.

I was talking about what I quoted. No one said you were restricted from thinking about the mechanics of the game, but why would you post such useless, failed-thought information that doesn't benefit us in any way unless only please the crowd? Your posts so far have been, "Hey guys! Look! I'm Town, see?"

Being so blatant about it bothers me even more. "Scum in plain sight," perhaps? Realize that your interest as Town is finding scum, not lifting your name on a pedestal.

Odd that you should need to "attempt" to seem Town. If you truly are Town, why would you need to make corrections to your playstyle or words? Everything that you naturally say and do should point to your alignment.

Who says I'm not focused on you? I don't need to know about your social activities or life schedule, as you prompted, to get a read on you; that's simply preposterous. Your responses to my responses, your responses to others, and whatever else you say in-game is exactly enough. As of now, my thoughts on you are still hazy. The one (and only) thing I like about your posts so far are the attempt to get others involved with forming opinions. Strange, however, that you want others to give thoughts on players, yet you just got done saying you yourself "have no support to count on" for your views. What do you expect other people to formulate if you can't give any opinions yourself?
JoanBud, why do you sound so agitated? If you hate everything he's done that much, why didn't you vote him? (Useless Side note: This post was when I first realized that Cello was baiting people with his earlier post.)

One more thing, I don't like JoanBud's emphasis on caution. When I was scum, I remember purposely delaying replies to questions for a day or two so I could see which way town thought about the issue, while as town I just go answer immediately. Recklessness can be a town-tell (and a stupid-tell sometimes, but a town-tell none the less).

I forgot to comment on Nich in my last post.

You should really let Cello speak for himself. I'm not making conclusions, but why should you care about the status of someone else if you have no idea what their alignment is (and, by the way, people can change playstyles very easily--don't make assumptions on their alignment just on that)? Let Cello make his own defenses. If he's scum, you're just easing his workload and opportunities to slip.

...what? That was the most suspicious suggestion all game. We're obviously not going to do that. Why would we have one of our own claim and narrow down the PRs to Mafia just because of this possession system? In my opinion, we can get a lot of reads from the patterns of voting in this particular game. Don't designate the hammer to one person (especially not in the matter you suggest). Let people vote and hammer as they please, and in turn, let people get their reads.
JoanBud seems very determined to just tear down anything and anyone related to Cello. Watch as EP steps in and JB attacks in response.

What do you have gain by asking this? It's wifom. Obviously, whether he is town or scum he's gonna answer that he bolded the warning because he wanted us to notice it. Like he's gonna admit he just wanted us to notice he gave it, if he's scum. And any theorizing that this is the reason he did it is a heck of alot of wifom and doesn't really gain us information.
You've apparently missed that he already admitted to wanting to appear Town. Read his response to mine, in which he clearly states that he did "the latter" (which, in case you somehow aren't aware, means the second). And are you kidding about not having anything to gain from asking that? Even if he would've responded with, "So you guys could notice it," there are still certain trends and attitudes to gather in his response. Every reaction can supply suspicions and reads.
On the first point - he was clearly being sarcastic, he said your question isn't even worth responding to.

And the second point - fair enough, you can contribute to reads out of almost everything, but the point I'm making is that you are harassing everyone for possibly doing things just to appear town, when ironically, you are also asking questions that could be more focused on making yourself appear pro town than helping town as well. You can point this type of behavior to everything, including yourself. Yes, questioning it can help contribute to known informaiton and reads, but don't you think your priorities should be somewhere else? I only ask because you already have a lot of instinces of doing this to a couple of different people.
Again, you've missed things. When Cello said that there was "no response worth giving," he was referring to responding my answer to his questions (the "no and no" part). That's why he said "skip," notifying that he skipped that moment from quoting me.

Let's stop right there. So far I've accused one person of the crowd pleasing charade (cello). Is that "everyone?" You seem to want to make a much bigger deal out of my "harassment" than what it actually is.

Care to give some examples of this? Every question and accusation I've made so far have been for the purpose of furthering my reads on people and, ultimately, hunting scum. If you have issues with my posts--if you feel that I'm also only concerned with the good of my name--then please support that. Post with your evidence, specifics, and whatever other suspicions you have, and I'll get right back to you.

You just asked me if my priorities should be somewhere other than gathering information? In the kindest of ways, I will respond with simply saying no.

Again, who are these "couple of people" that aren't Cello and Cello?
I dislike JB right now, not so much because of any one thing, but moreso because of the relentless "You disagree with me, therefore you're SCUM" attitude I'm getting from every post. JB seems more concerned with massacring every one of Cello's points than scumhunting right now, and that bothers me.

I agree with the first half of Swiss's #114 (which is basically the above paragraph) big-time, and I like his N0 cop gambit. Town read on Swiss.

this was funny to me b/c nich is really playing up to cello, which if you're scum is the best way to get cello off your back. he even goes to point out "cello's going after me, but despite this, i think he's town =3" seems like he's playing up to cello to me.

*small snip*

vote nicholas
Obviously, I have a problem with this. Here's why:

Evidence #1:
Mayling claims to have a town read on Cello, AND is attacking one of Cello's big suspects (me). What's the big difference between what you did and what you claim I did?

Evidence #2:
Would you have found it scummy if I attacked Cello purely for attacking me? If not, why? If so, then this means you found me scummy purely for going with a town-read on Cello (since once Cello attacked me you'd find me scummy regardless of my response). Therefore, you're implicating yourself with your own logic.

Lost my original reply so I'll type it again.

Swiss, I don't know why you'd make that claim. Your information is false, so I can only assume one of the following options are true:

A: You are insane N0 cop. That's a ******** role. It sets town up to mislynch both D1 and D2. Bad game design. Do we know our moderator well enough to know if she/he would have made such a weird role? I haven't played with many of you including this mod, so I don't know what to assume about the game design. We already know we have a wacky game design, so maybe insane N0 cop is a legit possibility.

B: You are scum. If this is the case, you made a boneheaded play. You seem to have a reputation in this crowd that suggests that you are not a bonehead. Therefore, I can't understand what motivation you would have to fake claim right now. You should expect to get lynched D2 when I flip town. If you're scum, you know for a fact that I'm town, which means you know for a fact that you just drew MAJOR attention to yourself. It doesn't seem to be in your self interest to pull a trick like this...unless...

C: You are a jester. This seems to me to be the most likely scenario. Which brings me to another thought: If my breakdown of the options is as obvious as I think it is, doesn't that mean that you should EXPECT people to think you're a jester and not want to kill you. Meaning you COULD be scum feigning jester by way of feigning N0 cop. Which is reinforced by my "you're no bonehead" comment. I know it's a long train of logic to guess something like that, but it makes sense to me.

Either way, you're anti-town. vote: Swiss
Just wanted to say that I think Xastrn's response to the whole N0 cop thing was reasonable enough. Covers most of the possibilities and draws a reasonable conclusion.

I disliked J's first post after that long spell of lurking. I mean, if you're going to take the time to type out a reply of that size, couldn't you make it about... game-related matters instead of just excuses for inactivity and small-talk?
As for J's first post with any real scumhunting...

@JoanBud: Why has all of your information gathering been reactive instead of proactive? You've not yet once taken the initiative and questioned anyone without them first coming into contact with you, despite the fact that you appear to be wracked with doubt about everyone's alignment. And, you still don't have a single solid read.

Oh, also, post #190...J was CLEARLY twisting what smargaret had said to make it look bad, and even then did a terrible job of it.

Bolded portion. J said nothing about this, even though it is the same sentiment that smargaret had; a willingness to lynch a townie in order to out a scum. Why did you give J credit for twisting smargaret's words? Why was it acceptable for J to apply to a double standard?

@smargaret: In the Decisive Games main forum, the number of replies to a thread is a link to the number of posts a person has in that thread, which is in turn a link to those posts.

Who do you think is scummier than me?

Also, I mini-lol'd @ Avy.

@All: Can we go ahead and lynch J, JoanBud or May? I'm bored.
I agree with everything in this post.

3/4ths of the way through the thread now, but I think this is enough to post.

Scum picks: Mayling, JoanBud, and J (in that order).

Reasons:

Mayling for attacking me for buddying Cello WHILE doing the exact same thing.

JoanBud for basically attacking everyone that disagrees with anything that JoanBud says. It's like a playstyle built around OMGUS. (Oh my gosh you suck)

Cello sums up the case against J pretty well with this:

Oh, also, post #190...J was CLEARLY twisting what smargaret had said to make it look bad, and even then did a terrible job of it.

Bolded portion. J said nothing about this, even though it is the same sentiment that smargaret had; a willingness to lynch a townie in order to out a scum. Why did you give J credit for twisting smargaret's words? Why was it acceptable for J to apply to a double standard?

Anyways, a little Q&A session... (since I know someone's going to ask them if they haven't been asked of me already)

Q: Why do you trust Cello so much?

A: He's played exactly like my town/indy meta on him so far. Think of it like a pseudo-cop report on his alignment: I can't eliminate the possibility of indy, but I'm pretty sure he's not mafia, so I'll follow him for now.

Q: Why do your scumpicks align with Cello's so perfectly?

A: Because Cello's scumpicks make sense, and I agree with the reasoning behind them. Plus, Cello's track record for finding scum is pretty good. He was perfect on finding scum in DBZ until the very last day, and he nailed all 3 mafia in tree stump as well.

Q: Why haven't you given town much to work with?

A: Because

1) I've been pretty busy in RL, and

2) When I did get some time to check the game, I had to defend against accusations from Cello and others and haven't been able to work up much motivation to scumhunt.

I understand that the above doesn't excuse me and that so far I haven't really played that well. Anyway, I plan to put my previous inactivity behind me and continue onwards now.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Hey Gordito, not sure if you asking about these particular events or the whole game. Check about 2 pages back for some stuff (as in 80 posts ago). If you're asking about these particular events, I'll be back in 20 minutes after I finish tidying up.

#HBC | Gorf

Yea, I was talking about like more recent stuff, moreorless what's just been happening today, especially with the recent Joan stuff.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
When I first thought about this, I was going to post "J isn't posting and Joan is. I like J lynch more than Joan" but then I went back and double check some posts. I like how Xastrn went over what he thought we'd gain from each lynch. I think he's missed the information we'd get about the people posting about Joan but that's okay. Cello's posts on the matter were good as well. We also still have a few days for J to post.

On another note, I think I've only played with Cello when Cello's been town or indy (oh man, sure do love winning disney because people wanted it over) but I have seen Cello as scum in other games and I'll agree with Nich's meta on Cello.

#HBC | Gorf

So what would you be leaning towards? A J lynch, or a Joan lynch?

Actually, thinking about it, a Joan lynch would be better for town rather than a J lynch.

With a Joan lynch, we have the opprotunity to get J prodded.

With a J lynch, town has a chance of just letting scum go, and letting em (Joan) make a BS case on a townie.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Yeah, that was a typo. I rewrote that analysis something like three times trying to get the numbers right, and I must have missed it when I was rewriting.

I did go after Summoner. I hadn't figured out how to iso people until Cello explained it, and then once I did, Summoner jumped out as active-lurking, and I questioned him.

Yes, smart scum avoid going inactive. However, J's play hasn't seemed especially smart so far, because smart town avoid going inactive as well. J will need to post more for me to get anything else on him, but what he has contributed - a case on me - is astonishingly weak.

Joanbud asked me if I was bothered by being picked on. Coming under pressure doesn't particularly change my playstyle (I may post a tad more frequently to answer questions, but I don't start flailing and OMGUS'ing or completely shut down and self-hammer), so I said it didn't bother me. Would you rather I ignore her question?

Why did you tell me the vote was to pressure me? Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose?
I only told you my vote was to pressure you after I got ninja'd and you basically answered my questions. I didn't unvote because I wanted to double check your posts when I had a fresh mind the next day. Either way, I'm pretty satisfied with your response now...also didn't realize Joanbud asked you if you were OK with being picked on. I'm admittedly missing a few things in this game. Still, I thought there was more to your typo than a simple typo, and was more aggressive on other parts of your posts because of it. I have a strong belief in people accidently letting suboncious thoughts slip through their texts, because I do it myself. In CT mafia modded by Overswarm I made a syntax slip that proved I was not one of the main storyline characters. Those things happen more often than one would think, so on that hunch I over pursued you. I'm ok with you though now.

Unvote

Swiss: as for who the play is, I'd prefer a Joanbud lynch to a J lynch. I just don't get a scumvibe from J. Also, J got a mass amount of support against her going really fast, and I"m always cautious of lynching someone who had bandwagons amass extremely fast, it means there wasn't much resistance, meaning mafia isn't try to prevent it.

As for thoughts on Cello Mari an Xastrn: I already mentioned my thoughts on both, and it hasn't changed. I felt Cello Mari was town, and Xastarn i'm ok with, leaning town. I particularly like Cello Mari trying to get as many solid reactions on as many players as possible, and Xastrn just hasn't said anything scummy, so i'm okay.

My play is either SummonerAU or Joanbud. On SummonerAU - just seems like he started being careful and watching himself only after the pressure is put on him, as if he's been found.

As for Joanbud, I don't like that we were having a bit of an altercation, and as soon as I admitted i thought he was probably town he backed the pressure off me and gave me a town read as well. I hate it when people feel good about me after i admit to feeling good about them - feel like we'll have something to gain out of lynching that person. So these are my two plays, I think I'll vote for Joan because I have more concrete reasons rather than just a "feel" like i do about Summoner.

Vote: Joanbud

Swiss

Smash Lord
People have said it, so make it happen.

Unvote Vote Joan

Wagon.

@ EP - Would you lynch Summoner if you had the opportunity toDay? I'd like to know how scummy you find him.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*

Vote Count

[4] J: Cello_Marl / smargaret / X1-12 / GorditoBoy69
[2] JoanBud: EdreesesPieces / Swiss
[1] smargaret: J
[1] Nicholas1024: Mayling
[1] Mayling: SummonerAu
[1] Swiss: JoanBud

[0] SummonerAU
[0] X1-12
[0] EdreesesPieces
[0] GorditoBoy69
[0] Xastrn
[0] Cello_Marl

[2] Not Voting: Nicholas1024 / Xastrn

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline is Wednesday September 29th, Noon GMT

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
I'm going to be the one to hammer.

Nick said:
When I was scum, I remember purposely delaying replies to questions for a day or two so I could see which way town thought about the issue
Haven't you done this? Delayed to see what town said. Like, the whole game.

@Joan: Don't think it matters at this point, but you might as well.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
@Cello
Yeah, but moreso due to being busy. Besides, most of the questions I've needed to answer have been directed specifically at me, so stalling had no point. New video games and being constantly on the defense do not a good motivator make.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Would like to see Nick follow up on his scum picks, and vote.
Sure. (I knew there was a wagon on J, but I wasn't sure how many votes she had, so I refrained from joining it.)Anyway, I think I'll go for my #1 scumpick and Vote: Mayling until I get an explanation.

X1-12

Smash Champion
/confirm

I'm a bit confused about the whole hammering and possessing bit, but I'll read through the pages to see if my questions have already been asked. Sorry for the late confirmation.
Noob card?

also more noob card here: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=11232346&postcount=160

Good note. Now here's the dig--did you bold that warning because you really wanted us to notice it, or did you bold it because you really wanted us to notice you gave it?
What is he trying to gain from this? what can town actually gain? ironically its you who appears to be trying to be seen to contribute

Let the players fight their own wars, and more importantly, learn from what they've reacted with.
Hm, possibly noob town from this statement, but maybe noob-null

Thats all I got on him atm, his more recent posts I'll look into later

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
People have said it, so make it happen.

Unvote Vote Joan

Wagon.

@ EP - Would you lynch Summoner if you had the opportunity toDay? I'd like to know how scummy you find him.
If I had to lynch Summoner right now, no I wouldn't do it. There's still a lot of uncertainty I have, there's just been little things in his posts here and there that haven't gone well with me in addition to what I've stated, but a lot of it is gut feeling. I suspect Summoner more than most other players, so he's on my suspect list, but I haven't done enough good critical reading on enough players yet. I'm going to do a more concrete read on him real soon and make a solid case really soon ToDay.

And to what pressure do you refer?
See Posts 108, 109 then in post 178 I say I get a town read on him, then in post, then in post 188 , he claims leaning town read on me.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
^To clarify, if i were to lynch now I'd prefer to lynch Joanbud (which is why I voted) because I get strong scumvibes from people who say I'm town right after I say they are, in addition to the points others have been making on him. That's the reason I'd prefer his lynch over summoner. But let me do a strong re read on summoner and I'll make a case on him too, to see if it my gut is right.

X1-12

Smash Champion
I'm not so sure about this whole joanbud lynch thing too much of this dumb or scum I'm fine with my J vote

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
J, I'm just as new to forum mafia as you are.

You expect no leniency from anyone else, but you want me to not vote you because you're new? Yeah, that's not going to happen.

Uhm hell no first off to the point that I would want you to take a vote off of me because I am new. That is very silly <3.

As for the quote, first, please don't take my words out of context. That second part of the quote is referencing Swiss, not you. Second, assume we have 3 scum and 9 mafia. That's slightly unbalanced in favor of scum and the typical setup for 12-player games. Day 1, we mislynch and learn Player B is scum based on the flip. At the start of Day 2, we have 7 town and 3 scum, we lynch Player B, then the nightkill gives us 6 town and 2 scum. We're still at a 3-1 ratio of town to scum, and we didn't risk the mislynch Day 2. I'm certainly not unhappy with that outcome; I'm also willing to be the mislynch Day 1 if it leads to a scum lynch Day 2.

Alright I can see your point. I was just being a little cautious there because I do not want to unnecessarily lynch town. However if we must to get a real lead on someone then I guess we must =/

About active lurking: there's a difference between not posting because you don't have internet or you're on vacation and not posting because you don't want attention drawn to you. Since you were looking at the thread (and posting without game content after you got votes put on you), we know you had access to the thread and it was active lurking. Failing to post is a null-tell. Active lurking is a scum-tell.

All I have is my itouch to surf on the internet at home since I, myself, do not have a personal computer and I have only a few instances where I can try and get on a computer but never enough time to make a mafia post. See here is my dilemna, if I post in a color font than I am on a computer and can post, If I post in a non color it is usually a short post made from my itouch.

Now, analyzing my post like this is a good start. But there are three scum out there. Who else do you feel might be scum?

My total opinion at the moment is Joanbud, Gordito, and Summoner.
Also, I'm a woman. On the internet. Which means I don't exist.
That's nice ;D

Short post, because I'm on my way to bed - at the moment, I find J to be the scummiest. He keeps playing the newb card to excuse scummy behavior and isn't posting, even though he's watching the thread. At the least, he's anti-town, although I'm willing to give him a chance to start posting better before lynching.

Gah T.T listed my reason to you above as to why I cannot post as much and I do not want to play the newb card at all D;

I have work and a dance tomorrow, so I'll be on briefly in the morning and then not at all until 11:30 eastern. Tuesdays are the day I am least able to get online, however.
That's very interesting, that J can't come by and say something but is clearly on the site. Does he know he's at L-1?

Yes, I knew however I honestly could not get on other then my itouch which is hard to type on.

Cello's just about convinced me about Joan being scum, though, and there's two posts in a row where one post I'm town and the next he thinks I'm doing something scummy (asking J who he thinks is scum, other than me). That kind of fast change of heart with so little evidence seems scummy to me. We'd learn a lot more from Joan's flip than from J's, but J will be a liability in lylo. On the other hand, if he keeps this up, we'll just replace him with someone who won't flake.

I'm trying not to flake :urg: Anyways I agree that with Cello's case on Joanbud it really did convince me that he is scum.

After reading your posts I find my vote against you is unjust and thus: Unvote My intial thought on you was wrong by which I thought you wanted to kill town unjustly.

So I've reread what I've missed, and I gotta ask: J, where u at?

The only really scummy feeling I'm getting is from J, who seems to be lurking, and only comes out when he's called out. So

Vote: J

What's your opinions on Cello, Xastrn and smarg?

Cello- Town, very active and has been making solid cases against people.
Xastrn - Town, solid hydra and been doing a good job with backing up their thoughts especially with the benefits of me dieing or JB dieing.
Smarg - Idk, I originally had a bad vibe about Smarg but since her newer posts I think she is better now. However she is really a question mark to me =x
Joan toDay is better than J. I was just settling for J.

Still, J went invisible. That makes me feel like he has something to hide.

Didn't stop him from joining a low tier online tournament two hours ago. (Good luck in Epic Failures, J!)
Thank you Cello ;3c Anyways, I went invisible on my itouch due to the fact I didn't want to give the wrong impression of being online when I could not post at all. Goodness your really looking into me o_o"

@J

Three things:

1) Grow some balls and play Brawl irl.

How rude of you, in all reality that has nothing to do with the game and is just mean =/ Gotta a problem with me say it on my wall or aim or pm me that way it can be worked out <3

2) Post here.

I am and I'm sorry I do not have all day and nothing but play Mafia because I have AP work, extra-ciricular activities, and other problems. You have no idea how much I try and post so meh =p

3) Actually contribute when you do. Don't just say sorry.

and I am trying to dammit =[

Yes, I knew however I honestly could not get on other then my itouch which is hard to type on.

I'm trying not to flake :urg: Anyways I agree that with Cello's case on Joanbud it really did convince me that he is scum.

Also, I do want to stress that not dropping by SWF without posting here is not innately scummy. I've done it plenty of times myself, when I'm rushed to go to work. Also, I don't have any posts anywhere else, which shows that I don't have much interest in the rest of the site. (I did lurk a bit, but I haven't played Smash in a while, so I pretty much only come here now for Mafia. Do keep in mind that this is, afterall, Smashboards [J's 2000+ posts show that checking out other parts of the site without coming here would be understandable {example: I forget what percent Falco's matchup versus Lucas, and I'm about to play in an online tournament versus a Lucas main in 10 minutes. Do I swing by DGames? No.}]

Thank you for understanding however, my first initial thing is to come to mafia and read, then cry I can't post at the current time, then go look at other things. I do take notes on what I want to say when I get the chance.

But, this is consistent behavior on J's part. He can't possibly not realize he's not under scrutiny, and has taken no steps to rectify his scummy actions.

I realized but all I can do is read and try to get on a computer which I try to every dag on day.
I'm gonna disect the four posts that J made after the game started.

The first three aren't worth quoting. Straight up I'M SOOOOOO SORRY! Or LMFAO IM NEW AND SICK.

To the second part I do not try and be rude and say that. Sorry for 1.) having bronchitis and other things so bleck, 2.) "lmfao" really, uhm no.

@J, how do ya feel about dat jive up there ^?

All you were trying to do with quoting all those posts were to make me look bad and did a good job of it. T.T
I have no clue where this dislike from Gordito is coming from and it makes me want to do this FoS: Gorditoboy69

I am going to try and make a case against you but can't cause of library computer time restraints.

Also, J got a mass amount of support against her

ha...ha..ha....^^" I probably should of made it more clear but I'm a guy who just likes the color pink. I'm so sorry and don't worry your not the first, and you most likely will not be the last.
My vote goes toward now: Vote: Joanbud

Reason being, Cello has completely convinced me with his posts. Also to everyone if I have missed anything please bring it up and I will try and get to it when I can. *hopefully sooner rather than later* but I am going to try even harder to not have this big of a gap between my posts. Again I know someone up there said to not say this but I am completely and utterly sorry. If it gets too much I will ask for a replacement.

#HBC | Gorf

I just skimmed ur post J, and I just wanna say that all of the dickishness, it was to get you to post (and it worked). Don't take it personally. But you did post, and you made me wanna do this for now:

Unvote

Will thuroughly read now.

#HBC | Gorf

Before I read up on J's response...

@X1

Joan's not a noob.

I have but not under this account. My old account was Florida, and I played many games here. Unfortunately, I've forgotten my password and email for that account, so I just figured I'd make a new one. Hopefully this isn't a problem.

P.S. *cough*whatever happened to the role creation competition*cough*
He doesn't get the gift of getting called noob.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Gord your 315 is bizarre.

J.

1. Don't post in the quotes please, makes it ****ing impossible to quote you etc etc

2. Explain what it is about Summoner you think is scummy. You labelled him as top 3 scum yet at no point in your post referenced him or explained why.

3. What do you think of EP?

Don't like the way he responded to Gord's trollin'. "How rude of you.. <3" Then FoS's

#HBC | Gorf

@J

You're not dying toDay. And I'll give you a bit more liberty due to ur restrictions.

Couple questions:

Is the only reason that you're FoSing me, is because of my dickishness (which I'm sorry for coming out that badly again)? Can't let your emotions run your actions, if that's your reasoning.

You said at the end of the first quote of ur wall of post that me, Joan and Summoner were on ur scum list. You explained Joan and I, but what do you not like about Summoner (mightve accidentally skimmed, but still answer lol)?

Overall, feeling better about J. Not GREAT, but better.

Vote: Joanbud

He should be under much more pressure.

Top Bottom