• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[M-1/2/10/17/22] Oddworld Mafia -- END! Town won!

Swiss

Smash Lord
EP, Smarg - who's the play?

Nick when's this content coming? Made that promise ages ago. Feel like you wham bam thankyou mam'd me. You've been re-readin' for most of this game.

Will roll with what peeps want so long as it's J or Joan. Could do Nick - depending on his next post.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*

Vote Count

[4] J: Cello_Marl / Swiss / smargaret / X1-12
[2] smargaret: J / EdreesesPieces
[1] Nicholas1024: Mayling
[1] Mayling: SummonerAu

[0] SummonerAU
[0] X1-12
[0] EdreesesPieces
[0] JoanBud
[0] GorditoBoy69
[0] Swiss
[0] Xastrn
[0] Cello_Marl

[4] Not Voting: JoanBud / GorditoBoy69 / Nicholas1024 / Xastrn

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline is Wednesday September 29th, Noon GMT

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan

Gordito boy's attitude this game has made him suspect to us. He's seemed far to quick to please early on.
For instance:

This is almost sickeningly sweet to everyone in the game, especially that early on. This pattern has been followed throughout the game, particularly towards us, with Swiss's wagoning gambit.

Really? You're gonna use PRE GAME stuff as your case against me? All honesty that was a joke to X1 for him saying that I'm gonna buddy this game. NOTHING else (oh, I haven't reread the whole thread yet, I'm at this part, so if anyone said this already, my bad lol).

#HBC | Gorf

So I've reread what I've missed, and I gotta ask: J, where u at?

The only really scummy feeling I'm getting is from J, who seems to be lurking, and only comes out when he's called out. So

Vote: J

What's your opinions on Cello, Xastrn and smarg?

JoanBud

Smash Rookie
Cello said:
@JoanBud: Why has all of your information gathering been reactive instead of proactive? You've not yet once taken the initiative and questioned anyone without them first coming into contact with you.
I'm trying to decide if you're blind or just arrogant. I've already made many cases against you alone, and if you've forgotten that already, then I don't know what to tell you. I've also approached Nick, Swiss, and Xastrn for comments they've made.

@JoanBud: Why did you post a list of your suspicions? How was that useful? Especially since it felt like you followed everyone on it that you decided to actually give an opinion on with "...but I dunno...".
I posted a list for easy reflection to reference to. If you're accusing me that this was somehow anti-Town, realize that you did the exact same thing in post #171--so I'll just stop possible hypocrisy now. Also, what are you quoting from the highlighted?

@Swiss
Comment on my post #188 please. Any response?

@Dastrn
Regarding your thoughts on read-lists: I've never thought about it in that way. I'm not sure if pondering that will change if I continue to do it or not, but thanks for something to think about.

I'm not understanding the votes on J, but I'll look further into that when I get home. Perhaps I'm missing something. Also, X1-12 is still posting bits of nothing, and I don't like it. What do you guys think about X1-12's lack of contributation? Any tells to get out of it?

@EP
What are your thoughts on Cello and Xastrn?

@Nick
How much against would you be a Cello lynch toDay?

Will post more thoughts later.

smargaret

Smash Rookie
Swiss: What do you mean by "who's the play"? I'm already voting for J, if that's what you're asking.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Smarg mad missed your vote. My bad (skim for the win). Would like to see where EP's vote lies now.

J. Post.

Joan I saw nothing of note to respond to. Try again.

JoanBud

Smash Rookie
Alright, then I'll assume you admit to buddying Cello and protecting him from suspicion.
When you're ready to defend yourself, get at it.

Swiss

Smash Lord
I'm confused. Who are you voting? Who's scum? Better slow it down for me.

Do you stand by your previous J stance? Think we're all being a bit silly? Why? Changed your mind? Why?

What do you think about X1's lack of contribution? Has he been the person contributing least? If not why pick on him in particular?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Yes. And my wolf-hunting skills have improved since then. (I've already rigged newbie sights, probably around 3 hours ago).

JoanBud

Smash Rookie
If this is all directed at me, then I'm the one confused here. I'll just assume you were.
I'm confused. Who are you voting? Who's scum? Better slow it down for me.
I'm not voting anyone. My thoughts on scum are you/Nick/Cello. Was I being too quick for you?

Do you stand by your previous J stance? Think we're all being a bit silly? Why? Changed your mind? Why?
What exactly is my "previous J stance?" Did I ever say people were being silly? Did I ever change my mind about...something? Really, you need to specify if you want an actual response.

What do you think about X1's lack of contribution? Has he been the person contributing least?
I've already established that he's contributed the least and have given my thoughts on that. Odd that you're asking redundant questions and not responding to any of mine thrown at you. Do you still have no response to post #188, by the way?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Xastrn: Week, smeek. Newbie 8 was won in two days. In both definitions of the term. If you are confident in what you believe, then go forward with it. If you still need time to make up your mind, fine, but don't delay simply for the sake of discussion. If we wait, someone will end up screwing up somewhere, or having some silly nagging feeling build up, and we'll end up mislynching. (If my scare tactics here aren't enough to get you to agree with me, then I might go to threats. Just saying)

Nick said:
Why do you like RVS? As a somewhat experienced mafia player, I can confidently say that RVS is the worst part of the game...So, I'd like an explanation from you please.
How does a person's like or dislike of RVS help you determine his or her alignment? If it doesn't, why did you ask this question?

Nick said:
Now I think I see Cello's game here. No comment until everyone's answered though.
Explain what you meant here.
I'm trying to decide if you're blind or just arrogant. I've already made many cases against you alone, and if you've forgotten that already, then I don't know what to tell you. I've also approached Nick, Swiss, and Xastrn for comments they've made.
Blinded eyes, must be blind and blind by a tender curse.

You know full well what I mean by proactive. Let's take Pierre from Newbie 2 for example, if you haven't forgotten it. He was interested in finding real, pertinent information; how people thought, what stances they were taking, real explanations for what people were doing. You acted in a similar fashion when you replaced into that game. Your #145 is a wonderful example of this.

But here, you've been more interested in refuting answers and making people appear to look a certain way (making me look bad, making J look good not so terrible, for example) than gathering information. When you interacted with EdreesesPieces, did you even bother to try to get to the bottom of why he acted the way he did? No. Also, "making cases" isn't gathering information; it's either 1) presenting a concise version of why you feel a person is scum(my) or 2) information dumping every possible scummy thing that person has done. In either scenario, it's a summary. No new material is added. No new information.

Oh, I can't wait to hear you defend your most recent position of who you think scum is. Start with Swiss.

@All: How much has my play helped you to gain information? How much has JoanBud's?
Why is Nick in the top half of players in terms of # of posts, and I feel like he's said less than J?
Why haven't we lynched J with the promise of lynching Nick and JoanBud after?

JoanBud

Smash Rookie
Alright, then. Vote: Swiss

He deserves to be lynched more than J, in my opinion, although J will likely die toDay. We'll see how it all turns out.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Nick: Defend why you think I'm town based on my meta, using examples from this game and explaining why they are indicators of your beliefs.

Swiss

Smash Lord
^ Was @ Cello not Joan.

You're not voting or trying to form a wagon when someone you've stated that "don't get all the hate" is just 2 votes from being lynched? Time for you to say who you don't like has passed. Take action. If you're town, that is. I'm sure you are.

What exactly is my "previous J stance?" Did I ever say people were being silly? Did I ever change my mind about...something? Really, you need to specify if you want an actual response.
K stance was an overstatement. You said you didn't get the hate (remember?). I was asking if the whole 'everyone else wants him dead' thing has changed your opinion of him.

Also, stop being a douche.

JoanBud

Smash Rookie
You know full well what I mean by proactive. Let's take Pierre from Newbie 2 for example, if you haven't forgotten it. He was interested in finding real, pertinent information; how people thought, what stances they were taking, real explanations for what people were doing. You acted in a similar fashion when you replaced into that game. Your #145 is a wonderful example of this.
You're bringing up something that transpired years ago? Not that it's not awesome of you to dig that deep, but I don't remember a single thing from that game, or if I even played it. If you're basing my meta on whatever game that is, realize that a lot of time has passed, and my game has changed.

But here, you've been more interested in refuting answers and making people appear to look a certain way (making me look bad, making J look good not so terrible, for example).
Again with the hypocrisy. It was you who stated that you were only trying to create negative sentiments against me, not the other way around. And don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to make you look bad--I'm just delving and hunting through what you said. If you think you look bad in retrospect, then that's quite interesting. Do you feel like you're image is being brought down?

Also, "making cases" isn't gathering information; it's either 1) presenting a concise version of why you feel a person is scum(my) or 2) information dumping every possible scummy thing that person has done. In either scenario, it's a summary. No new material is added. No new information.
What a ridiculous thing to say. If you played the game solely on bringing new things to the table, what would be accomplished? If someone scumslips, but no one makes a case against it and only asks new questions or gives new comments, then that Mafia gets away free. The purpose of this game is to check through and respond to what's already been said as well as provoke new responses; I can't believe you think otherwise.

You're not voting or trying to form a wagon when someone you've stated that "don't get all the hate" is just 2 votes from being lynched? Time for you to say who you don't like has passed. Take action. If you're town, that is. I'm sure you are.
That's a bit late, as I just placed a vote on you, so that's not worth responding. I am curious about the highlighted, however. What are your thoughts on me at the moment? Why do you feel that I am Town? Also, out of curiosity, do you think it's possible that Cello and I are on the same alignment?

Also, stop being a douche.
Where have I acted rude or obnoxious anywhere in this game? I've argued and debated and accused and responded--what our purpose is--and have no where made it personal in any regard. Please show me what you're talking about, because I'm getting more and more lost as you keep posting.

Swiss

Smash Lord

Joan you got time to get people to lynch me. No point voting just for show amirite? Explain it carefully, you need to convince 6 people.

You misconstrue way too much. You never consider winning the game, just the argument in hand. Jus' sayin'.

Still not forgotten J and Nick.

Other peeps will be posting soon.

G'wan bed.

JoanBud

Smash Rookie
The only reason I voted then was because I thought your "K" was in response to my post. I'll leave my vote up, but I'll give my arguments later. For now I'll just comment on this:

You misconstrue way too much. You never consider winning the game, just the argument in hand. Jus' sayin'.
-facepalm-
"Don't focus on arguments. Get no information, get no thought, lynch blindly, we'll probably win."

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Swiss: I have a better idea than lynching J. Let's let him get modkilled from inactivity (no player in their right mind would be willing to replace into that slot just to die, so Kat will have no choice), then we can lynch JoanBud after.

I'm kidding. Half-kidding, anyway.

JoanBud said:
You're bringing up something that transpired years ago? Not that it's not awesome of you to dig that deep, but I don't remember a single thing from that game, or if I even played it. If you're basing my meta on whatever game that is, realize that a lot of time has passed, and my game has changed.
What I showed you was an example of good, basic, town play. Specifically, it was what you claim to be doing here; interrogating and gathering information. It has nothing to do with the fact that it WAS you, except to show that you ARE capable of good play, and yet are failing spectacularly. It's not even a matter of style or execution; you just AREN'T helping town.

Where are your opinions? What stances have you committed to? I don't see any honest feeling in what you proclaim. Contrast that with Xastrn (Xatres, specifically) attacked Gordito in #210. It looks like he really believes what he's saying, even if he ultimately turns out to be wrong. I don't get that sense from you. Like Swiss said, "You never consider winning the game, just the argument in hand."

JoanBud said:
What a ridiculous thing to say. If you played the game solely on bringing new things to the table, what would be accomplished? If someone scumslips, but no one makes a case against it and only asks new questions or gives new comments, then that Mafia gets away free. The purpose of this game is to check through and respond to what's already been said as well as provoke new responses; I can't believe you think otherwise.
How does my pointing out that cases don't gather information mean that I believe old information shouldn't be scrutinized? Why did you assert that? Certain words and phrases that you use are problematic as well, "solely", "only", "can't believe". Very black and white. You're trying to direct people's beliefs rather than try to understand.

Swiss said:
Joan you got time to get people to lynch me. No point voting just for show amirite? Explain it carefully, you need to convince 6 people.
This

Additional content, after Joan's #273:

Joan, honey, sweetie. You AREN'T gathering any information.

After I get off work tomorrow, I might do a type-2 summary of JoanBud to ensure he gets lynched toMorrow. I don't really want to though, I hate how draining it is. I'd really just prefer if everyone just agrees to it if I'm not around to do it toMorrow (the strange capitalization means I'm referring to the in-game Day, or Day 2).

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
@Swiss: I have a better idea than lynching J. Let's let him get modkilled from inactivity (no player in their right mind would be willing to replace into that slot just to die, so Kat will have no choice), then we can lynch JoanBud after.

I'm kidding. Half-kidding, anyway.

What I showed you was an example of good, basic, town play. Specifically, it was what you claim to be doing here; interrogating and gathering information. It has nothing to do with the fact that it WAS you, except to show that you ARE capable of good play, and yet are failing spectacularly. It's not even a matter of style or execution; you just AREN'T helping town.

Where are your opinions? What stances have you committed to? I don't see any honest feeling in what you proclaim. Contrast that with Xastrn (Xatres, specifically) attacked Gordito in #210. It looks like he really believes what he's saying, even if he ultimately turns out to be wrong. I don't get that sense from you. Like Swiss said, "You never consider winning the game, just the argument in hand."

How does my pointing out that cases don't gather information mean that I believe old information shouldn't be scrutinized? Why did you assert that? Certain words and phrases that you use are problematic as well, "solely", "only", "can't believe". Very black and white. You're trying to direct people's beliefs rather than try to understand.

This

Additional content, after Joan's #273:

Joan, honey, sweetie. You AREN'T gathering any information.

After I get off work tomorrow, I might do a type-2 summary of JoanBud to ensure he gets lynched toMorrow. I don't really want to though, I hate how draining it is. I'd really just prefer if everyone just agrees to it if I'm not around to do it toMorrow (the strange capitalization means I'm referring to the in-game Day, or Day 2).
I'm in <3 with this post.

I'd prefer a Joan lynch toDay over a J lynch, to be honest. J is being passively anti-town. Joan is being actively scummy.

i'll chat with Xatres when he gets home but for now a strong FOS: Joan

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Actually, you know what? Here's an example of what Swiss and I are talking about concerning JoanBud.

Swiss said:
When I read this, I got really ****ing confused. Like, for literally a full minute, I was stunned, reading and rereading to figure out what he was saying. I then post, "You think JoanBud is town? Are you high?" Why did I do this? Because I was stumped. I didn't know what he was thinking. So, I tried to find out.

Contrast that with JoanBud's response.

JoanBud said:
That's a bit late, as I just placed a vote on you, so that's not worth responding. I am curious about the highlighted, however. What are your thoughts on me at the moment? Why do you feel that I am Town? Also, out of curiosity, do you think it's possible that Cello and I are on the same alignment?
The first part about the vote placement is in response to the fact that she took action, like Swiss suggested. The highlighted section was "If you're town, that is. I'm sure you are." She asks why Swiss feels she is Town. A reasonable question. But then, she goes on to probe about whether or not Swiss thinks that she and Cello are town (implied, since she certainly wouldn't be asking if he thought we were both scum).

At this point, I realize that JoanBud doesn't even question what Swiss has said. Joan believes that Swiss ACTUALLY believed he was town. If he wasn't sure that Swiss was being serious, then he wouldn't have bothered to include that second question. It's just not something that would occur to a person would wants to learn the answer to a very intriguing question.

Everyone, put yourself in that situation. All game, someone is riding your *** along with someone else, then one of them suddenly appears to change his mind. If you weren't sure he was being sincere, would your first thought be to drive a wedge between the mind-changer and the person who shared his beliefs, or to find out if he was being truthful?

JoanBud said:
Where have I acted rude or obnoxious anywhere in this game? I've argued and debated and accused and responded--what our purpose is--and have no where made it personal in any regard. Please show me what you're talking about, because I'm getting more and more lost as you keep posting.
And then he tries to "win the argument" to top it all off.

Additional content:

@Xastrn: I just want them both dead. But, I do have to say that a scum-JoanBud will completely solidify my belief in town-you and town-Swiss, so I'd say it's the better option. An overNight investigation will take care of J; it's quite possible that he's just gone inactive due to despair if he thinks he's being picked on (however unlikely his being town is), and if he believes that a cop can clear him if it becomes necessary, then he might come back into the swing of things if he's town. The beauty of this is that it doesn't matter if a cop exists or not; if a cop exists then we either 1) get a second scum, or 2) can prevent a very likely mislynch. If one doesn't, then if he remains inactive, it's his own fault for not helping both himself and Town regardless of his alignment, and if he's active, the rest of you can get a better handle on his alignment (I'm convinced he's scum).

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Something else important to keep in mind for the above post. Swiss LIED and gave a FALSE-CLAIM about being an N0 cop. Why did Joan believe him so easily?

#HBC | Gorf

Wow. Cello, how'd you do that? You managed to make me not like Joan. Not to the point of lynching quite yet (one because of how much time we have left, and two, because of J -__-), but definitely something to keep an eye out for.

@Cello

Why wouldn't you want to lynch Joan toDay? We can get a replacement for J, and who knows, maybe they'll be playing much better.

@X1

What's up? Where's your activity? Tell me: Who's scummy in your book?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Joan toDay is better than J. I was just settling for J.

Still, J went invisible. That makes me feel like he has something to hide.

Didn't stop him from joining a low tier online tournament two hours ago. (Good luck in Epic Failures, J!)

#HBC | Gorf

@Cello

LMFAO at that tourney shiz. But in all seriousness, good stuff looking that up.

@J

Three things:

1) Grow some balls and play Brawl irl.

2) Post here.

3) Actually contribute when you do. Don't just say sorry.

Top Bottom