• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[M-1/2/10/17/22] Oddworld Mafia -- END! Town won!

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Oh, and J, regarding Swiss' vote, it's a good reason cuz, from his POV, I'd take it as lurking O_O.
Hmmm alright I can see it from that point of view too now that I think about it since I haven't been posting as much as I normally would. ^.^

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
remembers Taco Mafia where at the start everyone wagonned you?

its like that
Xastrn, I feel yo pain.

But what did he do that was SOOOO bad? In Taco, I, the noob of the game, decided it'd be a good idea to target Swiss for voting me in RVS (and obytheway he was scum :p just throwing that out there. Noob scum hunting skillzzz). I just don't see what Xastrn really DID.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Swiss, I had considered that you were just bull****ting to see how we'd react. I didn't include it in my reaction post because saying "nuh uh BS watever" didn't sound like it was worth posting.

I'm glad to see you admit you were screwing around to get a read on me. That makes it much less likely that town will mislynch 2 days in a row.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Xastrn, I feel yo pain.

But what did he do that was SOOOO bad? In Taco, I, the noob of the game, decided it'd be a good idea to target Swiss for voting me in RVS (and obytheway he was scum :p just throwing that out there. Noob scum hunting skillzzz). I just don't see what Xastrn really DID.
you just pick on someone new, you don't need a reason, hence fake claiming N0 cop (lol)

Xastrn reacted cool but its a null tell in my book

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Swiss: Summoner is town in my book now. In Newbie 7.5, when I made my fakeclaim, Riddle and Xiivi didn't immediately respond like Summoner did here. In my opinion, it's more likely that scum would have waited to see how people would react to you or see where you were going. This is all assuming that Xastrn is, in fact, town, but that's how you are perceiving it anyway, and I'll go along with that.

Mayling's post made me not like her, and I think she's baiting an investigation.

@Xastrn: My vote was almost entirely based on Dastrn saying which color you each were, plus some of Xatres word choices. Everything after that was pretty much just katamari rolling rolling rolling.

After he explained that you both posted in that color normally, he asked if I believed hydras shouldn't. I took that as a concealed attack. At that point, JoanBud began our exchange, yet didn't mention the fact that you had done the same thing that I had (state something where it was equally likely that stating the statement was the point, compared to making the point in the statement). I starting linking both of you in my head, and everything bad he said make my vote more resolute.

Dastrn then pushed attention for my quote of "I'm not particularly interested in finding scum". But, the way he said it, "Gordito's point of..." made it look like he was trying to absolve himself of blame if I were to be lynched, while leaving Gordito out to dry. Actually, I've said all of this stuff in thread already, but I admit it would be easy to miss.

Nick said:
More to the point, I'm going to go with you town for the moment. This activity-laden style of yours is what I'm used to from town-Cello (and indy-Cello blast it). I don't have a way to differentiate your town and indy styles, but I'm going to go with the odds of you being town. (Besides, indy-hunting isn't something to engage in before all mafia are gone).
This more than anything makes me think Nick is scum. In the last game we played together, he got burned badly for believing I was town, and I turned out to be indy. Why is he so willing to simply claim that he thinks I'm town? Why make a stock statement about indy-hunting that serves no purpose except to make the user sound like a bonafide scumhunter? Why, later, claim to have reliable data on my scummeta from an experienced player and tout it in such a confident manner as to appear foolproof? I don't buy it.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll reply later with a response to Cello and Swiss.
I'll also take a look at Swiss's approach and Xastern's defenses.

I'm really confused what a N0 Cop means. Can someone explain that to me?
I'm thinking a "No Cop," as in they're fake claiming? Although I'm not sure what the weird lingo would be for, if so. Thanks for the help if you could let me in.
n0 = night zero. night zero is a night that takes place before day 1. right now we're in day 1. but there was no n0, therefore there couldn't be a n0 cop. n0 is like a regular night but it takes place before day one. that's pretty much it.

you said you played this game a lot, but i'm going to put this in lameman's terms anyway b/c it's easiest that way. this applies to anytime someone asks a question. i'm going to assume you know nothing.

Swiss

Smash Lord
@ Cello - K

Any news on that post, J?

Smargaret, what do you think about J's sudden contribution only after two players point out he's inactive.

Had missed Nick as even being in this game. Will do a re-read on him.

Like X1.

Mayling if you were cop would you investigate Cello?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Myself, Swiss, Summoner, EdreesesPieces, GorditoBoy, Xastrn = Town

Mayling, JoanBud, Nick = Scum

J, smargaret = Want to say Town because 3 others are scum but can't because of lack of posts from them

X1-12 = Mustn't kill. Mustn't kill. Mustn't kill. Want to kill. Mustn't kill.

@smargaret: Scroll up to the top, and click "User CP". On the left, under the third heading "Settings & Options", choose "Edit Avatar". Scroll down to option 2 and choose it to use a custom avatar uploaded from your computer. You might also find it useful to change the number of posts per page to 40, so that there are less pages to worry about, and you can more easily group when and where certain exchanges took place if you need to look back and refresh your memory of an event.

@Swiss: If you ever change your mind on Xastrn, I'm going to assume you are a lyncher.

@Meimu: Yeah, you're scum.

Right now, I'd be happiest with lynching the three players I listed as scum, and investigating J, smargaret or X1.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Swiss: Who do you think is scummier, Nick or J? Just read your most recent post. Instead, the "like" you said, did you mean, "fondness" or "comparing the state of existence"? Pretty sure you meant the former, but I'm making sure.

@Nick: Why do you think I'm town?

X1-12

Smash Champion
To Cello

I do deserve this since I was at the current time the most innactive ;_;

To Swiss

I was viewing this thread so I may have made that post above. Just because I have not been posting too much does not mean I have not been paying attention. Also horrid reason to vote since we are not in RVS =/
what is really very different between Cello's ans Swiss' vote on you? both were votes for inactivity, Swiss just mentioned that you were also viewing the thread

Swiss

Smash Lord
Cello sometimes I get the feeling you don't rate him. Call it intuition.

Man raised a point I was toying with. J avoided confronting Cello about the vote yet did me. Why? Quick off the mark or been told to stay away? Not re-read on Nick yet. Go Swiss gogogogogogogogogo

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Sorry for not posting much, so much has happened. Had to read everything and catch up, maybe playing a third mafia game at the same time wasn't the greatest idea. Anyway, concerning Swiss faking being the N0 cop and getting a guilty result on Xastrn - Smart mafia knows its not over til its over, you never give yourself up. However, Xastrn didn't try to destroy Swiss's credibility, he just tried to look at possible scenarios and was very cool, so this in itself is a slight town tell. I'll have a better read on what happened after I've gotten to know Xastrn and Swiss more as players, so I'll come back to this.

However, I'm liking Cello Mari for pointing out that, if Swiss really was n0 cop, he should have pegged everyone for their opinions on Xastrn before making the claim. That was a very towny comment to me. If Cello Mari was scum, and Xastrn was town, I don't think Cello would have pointed this out. Admitably its not solid, but helps my read on Cello.

As for J:

Welcome to your 2nd game. This is about my 6th game playing online and if you've played it IRL a lot, you'll pick it up extremely fast online. It's the same thing except more detailed and you have to learn a few terms and phrases. I'm patient with new players for the first couple of Days, but if you play newbie late in the game just know I won't hesitate to lynch you for scum that is hiding behind the veil of being new, so gluck on picking it up. I've seen a ton of new players who take awhile to get in the steam of things, but players who have played it in IRL but not much online pick it up real fast, so I'm assuming the same for you.

As for Joanbud:

Let's stop right there. So far I've accused one person of the crowd pleasing charade (cello). Is that "everyone?" You seem to want to make a much bigger deal out of my "harassment" than what it actually is.
Care to give some examples of this? Every question and accusation
It's not that I want to make a big deal out of your harassment. It's that I feel you stressed your harassment about someone trying to appear pro town so early on, yes, a couple of times:

1st time - the original post you calling out Cello Mar

2nd time: This first part is fair enough. You just reiterated what you meant to him:
I was talking about what I quoted. No one said you were restricted from thinking about the mechanics of the game, but why would you post such useless, failed-thought information that doesn't benefit us in any way unless only please the crowd? Your posts so far have been, "Hey guys! Look! I'm Town, see?"
But you wrote two other line-paragraphs JUST to say the same thing over and over again: this is what I meant. You seemed so insistent on telling him not to say things just to appear pro town, you reiterated it two more times in addition to the clarification above:

Being so blatant about it bothers me even more. "Scum in plain sight," perhaps? Realize that your interest as Town is finding scum, not lifting your name on a pedestal.

Odd that you should need to "attempt" to seem Town. If you truly are Town, why would you need to make corrections to your playstyle or words? Everything that you naturally say and do should point to your alignment.
As for the last point...

You just asked me if my priorities should be somewhere other than gathering information? In the kindest of ways, I will respond with simply saying no.
No, I said your priority should be gathering information in other ways. There are multiple ways of gathering information. I admitted that asking people if they are just trying to appear town is one of them - however, I pointed out that I feel it's less effective than other ways of gathering info, and stressed you should change the priorities on your METHODS of gathering info. I'll assume you just misunderstood me rather than trying to use a strawman arguement.

I think now we're blowing this out of proportion- all I meant to tell you was not to spend so much time and energy on trying to stop someone from posting pro town things, because people who are scum are going to post pro town things to appear pro town anyway and while I was probably wrong for calling you out on it since we do want to find out who is doing it just for image, I just wanted bothered by how strong you felt about it.

Essentially: You think I'm making it more of a big deal than it is because I saw you reiterate that point 3 times, and you think I'm making too much of a big deal out of it because you haven't displayed this behavior to anyone but Cello Mari. Lets just move on with it, because its just one point and this isn't helping my read on you, its a null tell to me (about you) at this point. What do you think of me because of this, hm?

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Alright. I'm gonna stop being thick headed lol.

Cello's a strong player. I think he'd be good to have around, and I think any doc would be a smart doc to protect em.

Swiss, I'm surprised to see that you haven't been joking around so much. And you're not really being so agressive (aside from the silly N0 cop thing) It's not a scum tell, but imma keep an eye out for it.

X1's playing his town game from what I see. Not gonna judge TOO early, but that's how I see it.

Xastrn and J are new guys. Give them a bit of leeway.

Everyone else, I'm not so sure. I'll give you guys a bit of time.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
A lyncher, as a role, is someone who wins when a predetermined target gets lynched.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Also, they usually either change into a vanilla townie if their target gets Night Killed, or are removed from the game, whatever the mod decides.

smargaret

Smash Rookie
tl;dr: I think J is scum and I feel like an idiot for believing Swiss. I'm suspicious of Cello.

Unvote: Xastrn

I find it very interesting that people call J out on his lack of posting, then on his active lurking, and when he does post, it's not to scumhunt or even participate in the game. Admittedly, I haven't been the greatest at participating either, but at least my posts have been game related - not "Hi, I've been sick, nice to meetya". Also, J, active lurking is a very good reason to vote someone. It's a scumtell, particularly for newbscum who want to fly under the radar. Plus, it's anti-town, since discussion is how town finds scum.

Mayling - You want the cop to investigate either yourself or Cello. But you wouldn't investigate Cello if you were cop. Why not?

Swiss - This is that post. I saw your claim and guilty, and had to do grocery shopping anyway, so I voted and left the house. What would you have done if we had lynched Xastrn and they'd flipped town? That play could have led to two town mislynches.

That said, I think that play is not one that scum would have tried. Either we don't lynch Xastrn and nothing happens, or we lynch Xastrn, they flip town (because presumably scum wouldn't do that to a scumbuddy), and we lynch scum-Swiss Day 2. I'm perfectly happy to trade a town for a scum. Thus, I think Swiss is town.

Cello - Like the avatar? :) I am generally confused by you. Your posts feel slightly scummy to me, but I can't give any concrete reason why. I need to read your meta and reread the thread.

Is there a feature where you can read people's posts in isolation, or do you have to just scroll through the thread?

JoanBud

Smash Rookie
Swiss said:
Joan, why are you so hung up on who's right and who's wrong? I fail to see how this helps us find scum. You're looking at the game through the wrong glasses. Who's glasses are they, I wonder?
Who said this is a matter of being right or wrong? This is a matter of getting both responses and explanations for those responses. You're asking me how arguing, accusing, and discussing--the very objective of the game--helps us? I'll let you think about that one yourself.
Please elaborate what point you're trying to establish in the highlighted.

Here he gave you an opportunity to say "f*ck it, how does this help town? I'll look elsewhere" Ya didn't. So how arrogant are you? 'Cuz you're gonna need to be more arrogant than a banana to get outta that one.
Halting a discussion dead in its tracks just because the subject doesn't like the attention or provoking is completely besides the purpose. In fact, if one were to feel "provoked" or "sabotaged," that's when persistent pressure is most key.
Highlighted: Why do you scrutinize my focus on Cello? Of what importance is it to you if I keep my focus on him, if not to drive away attention from a scumbuddy? Please respond to these questions in particular.

As for your gambit on wagoning Xastrn, I have to say that you handled that nicely.
Bits of Xastrn's responses, however, troubled me a bit.

Summoner said:
Xastrn, you left out the most obvious possibility imo. Miller.
also, pretty sure rules had something about NO JESTERS. Remember those thing we were meant to read when we confirmed?
Summoner sums up my iffs in these two points. Odd that Xastrn concluded Swiss was either an unlikely insane Cop, a role that we knew wouldn't be involved, or plain scum. Although his response was collective, it seems to me that he jumped the gun without too much thought. His reply in a nutshell said, "You are unlikely to be insane, so you're either a third party or scum." The lack of delving into deeper thought and considering other options for a supposed inaccurate report bothers me.

Cello said:
I'll rephrase. You don't have an opinion on my alignment, and yet you went ahead and made a claim (that I was ignoring you ignoring everyone else) when you knew that it was false. Why?
I responded as according to what I was quoting. If you couldn't bother to fix what you knew was false, then how can you expect to get a response that disregards that ignorance? You tell me that I should have gone back and edited my post, yet you didn't bother to follow that very advice.

Why is a person not responding a good reason to stop applying pressure? Is that effective scumhunting?
I've said what I wanted to say regarding Nick, and if he had no further response, why should I force out redundant points I've already made just to get a response from him? If he does not want to reply, then I can learn from that, and all is just as good. Also realize that the shift between my discussion with Nick and our own transpired in a matter of an hour, so what reason would there be for me to double or triple post, as you might suggest, when he might have already been making a response?

Uh huh. Sure.
Is that your only response? Could you not justify that your post was indeed not scummy, and so you merely resulted to a toss-aside reaction?

You said, "Everything that you naturally say and do should point to your alignment." That implies that a naturally written post from a town player should point to them being town. "Everything" was the term you used, not "collectively" or "overall". For focusing so much on language and terminology, you tend to use it poorly, and lack the ability to convey your points effectively.
Allow me to rephrase, then: Overall, what you naturally say and do should point toward your alignment.
Highlighted: You're trying to make a huge deal out of a the misuse of a word. You knew what I implied in my post, and you knew the point I was trying to get across, yet you chose to ignore it and focus on an error in wording instead of reflecting on what was given. At this stage it seems you're not concerned with reason but only the objective to make me look bad. Is that correct? You've said so yourself:

I never claimed to be schumhunting.
I'm trying to create negative sentiment against you.
Current thoughts and reads on players:
Cello - I've banged heads with everything he's said--excuse me, I mean his posts overall--yet I do not have a definite read. At the moment he is leaning Mafia, but I appreciate his devotion to thought and participation.
Swiss - If Cello is Mafia, I'll assume that Swiss is also. Swiss's biggest actions so far have been buddying Cello and playing a deserved gambit.
Xastrn - Slightly leaning scum. His responses to Swiss's gambit bugged me, and I've also considered the possibility that Swiss might have made a show for an almost-bus. Little else has happened regarding Xastrn besides the wagon.
Summoner - Most likely to be Town. Assuming his alignment in definite at this point would be foolish to say the least, but I've liked his posts so far.
X1-12 - His little nothing-posts such as #133 bother me. I'll look further into him, but at the moment I wouldn't be against a lynch against him.
Nicholas - Has said scummy things, yet I oddly don't feel that he is scum himself. I'll let him drag on and get a wider grasp on my views.
EdreesesPieces - Although invalid, his arguments against me seemed to be for the genuine sake of scumhunting. Leaning Town.
Mayling - No read--will look further into.
smargaret - ''
GorditoBoy - ''
J - ''

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
To Cello

To Swiss

what is really very different between Cello's ans Swiss' vote on you? both were votes for inactivity, Swiss just mentioned that you were also viewing the thread
Thank you for pointing this out, I want you to look at the posts I quoted from Cello, he was obviously watching me and had said so multiple times about my activity. I completely understand his vote, however when Cello voted for me one of the very next posts was Swiss voting for me without any reason/case besides my possible lurking.
Cello sometimes I get the feeling you don't rate him. Call it intuition.

Man raised a point I was toying with. J avoided confronting Cello about the vote yet did me. Why? Quick off the mark or been told to stay away? Not re-read on Nick yet. Go Swiss gogogogogogogogogo
Cello had a reason, you really did not besides me looking at the thread (at the current time I was posting) and sort of bandwagoned with him.

As for J:

Welcome to your 2nd game. This is about my 6th game playing online and if you've played it IRL a lot, you'll pick it up extremely fast online. It's the same thing except more detailed and you have to learn a few terms and phrases. I'm patient with new players for the first couple of Days, but if you play newbie late in the game just know I won't hesitate to lynch you for scum that is hiding behind the veil of being new, so gluck on picking it up. I've seen a ton of new players who take awhile to get in the steam of things, but players who have played it in IRL but not much online pick it up real fast, so I'm assuming the same for you.
Thank you very much! ;D I actually didn't do the worst last game which was a nice personal goal. I expect no leniancy because I want to learn by playing a real game. I'm really getting the hang of it and such a fun game! Anyways I keep on getting off track. ^^"

tl;dr: I think J is scum and I feel like an idiot for believing Swiss. I'm suspicious of Cello.

Unvote: Xastrn

I find it very interesting that people call J out on his lack of posting, then on his active lurking, and when he does post, it's not to scumhunt or even participate in the game. Admittedly, I haven't been the greatest at participating either, but at least my posts have been game related - not "Hi, I've been sick, nice to meetya". Also, J, active lurking is a very good reason to vote someone. It's a scumtell, particularly for newbscum who want to fly under the radar. Plus, it's anti-town, since discussion is how town finds scum.

That said, I think that play is not one that scum would have tried. Either we don't lynch Xastrn and nothing happens, or we lynch Xastrn, they flip town (because presumably scum wouldn't do that to a scumbuddy), and we lynch scum-Swiss Day 2. I'm perfectly happy to trade a town for a scum. Thus, I think Swiss is town.
I'm so sorry for introducing myself ;-; I thought it would be nice but I guess not. *sigh* If you think I am scum I would love to actually see some proof in my posts to back up your claims. Trust me I am going to be posting alot more. I also find it kindof insulting to have the mark of trying to use such a deceptive way of using my faults as a new player to hide under the rader.

I wanna take a look at the second part of your post I have quoted. So wait you are saying that you are okay with a town member being killed (Xastrn) even if you do not believe that they are scum because we will just lynch Swiss D2 if Xastrn is not scum. However you think Swiss is town. In the end are you truly saying you are okay to be lynching town? I'm sorry but that doesn't sound good at all and a possible scumslip. I also want to everyone to look at the part I bolded. Being happy to kill a town member? Since when is it ever a good thing to kill a town member? Why not go straight for who you think is scum and build a case around them?

Vote: Smargaret

No this is not an OMGUS vote, I am truly thinking something is very off about this statement that is bugging me.

JoanBud

Smash Rookie
I don't find what Smargaret said scummy at all, but neither do I find your flag scummy. The fact of it is, you'll have to take some risks and make some sacrifices for the better of the Town. What Smargaret was saying is, if anything, lynching a Town Xastrn would lead us on to finding scum (Swiss, in their deduction). He's saying he's perfectly happy to lynch a Town if it leads to more information and, ultimately, Town's victory.

Flagging what Smargaret said gave me a sort of Town-tell on you, but directly voting him for it afterward sort of blew that off. I don't think you have enough evidence nor support to justify a lynch against him (and if your vote was only to apply pressure, exactly what were you pressuring?).

smargaret

Smash Rookie
J, I'm just as new to forum mafia as you are.

You expect no leniency from anyone else, but you want me to not vote you because you're new? Yeah, that's not going to happen.

As for the quote, first, please don't take my words out of context. That second part of the quote is referencing Swiss, not you. Second, assume we have 3 scum and 9 mafia. That's slightly unbalanced in favor of scum and the typical setup for 12-player games. Day 1, we mislynch and learn Player B is scum based on the flip. At the start of Day 2, we have 7 town and 3 scum, we lynch Player B, then the nightkill gives us 6 town and 2 scum. We're still at a 3-1 ratio of town to scum, and we didn't risk the mislynch Day 2. I'm certainly not unhappy with that outcome; I'm also willing to be the mislynch Day 1 if it leads to a scum lynch Day 2.

About active lurking: there's a difference between not posting because you don't have internet or you're on vacation and not posting because you don't want attention drawn to you. Since you were looking at the thread (and posting without game content after you got votes put on you), we know you had access to the thread and it was active lurking. Failing to post is a null-tell. Active lurking is a scum-tell.

Now, analyzing my post like this is a good start. But there are three scum out there. Who else do you feel might be scum?

JoanBud

Smash Rookie
Now, analyzing my post like this is a good start. But there are three scum out there. Who else do you feel might be scum?
Ew. I hate this. This is nothing but a detour sign to someone else's freeway. Let the focus be on you, smargaret, and respond and defend yourself as you will. Trying to direct J's attention elsewhere doesn't show well and makes you seem like you're uncomfortable with being picked on.
How do you respond to this?

Also, please forgive me for mixing up your gender. If I'm getting anybody else wrong, too, then please correct me now.

smargaret

Smash Rookie
I'm not uncomfortable with being picked on. I was hoping to get J to participate some more so that there is more for us to judge his alignment on, and because games where people aren't playing aren't fun. I want J to scumhunt, so I asked him to. Also, I only posted that after refuting J's argument.

About the gender, you had no way of knowing otherwise, since I haven't filled in any of my profile information (which is why it doesn't bug me that Cello added it to his watch list).

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
@Cello
Yes, I got burned pretty badly in DBZ mafia, but I'm not going to abandon my meta. My current meta on you is town - extremely active, indy - extremely active, mafia - extreme lurker. The first two I have personal experience with, and the third I got directly from Xiivi. Regardless of my failure to distinguish between your town and indy playstyles, I can feel pretty confident that you aren't mafia, so I'm willing to trust you for the moment. I'm not going to blindly trust you through endgame like last time, but I will still follow you for the first few days (if you recall, that part of the strategy worked pretty well in DBZ.)

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mayling - You want the cop to investigate either yourself or Cello. But you wouldn't investigate Cello if you were cop. Why not?
Uhmm how do I explain this? Well I've never played cop on a forum, so I don't know how I would approach it. I would probably want to investigate the person who I thought people was going to go for the next day, to save time and argument. I probably wouldn't feel the NEED to investigate Cello, because I would probably be able to get a good enough read for him without investigation. but the cop may not be able to. make sense?

the reason why i thought cop investigating me would be helpful is because my worst townie play comes in right before i'm about to be lynched. for the life of me, i can't argue my way out of crap. that's why i said "sure, that would be a good idea" because it would be helpful for someone to help clear me. however, the rule of "never direct power roles" comes back... i just realized there could be possible framers, bus-drivers, re-directors, so cop should invest who s/he wants.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
@Cello
Yes, I got burned pretty badly in DBZ mafia, but I'm not going to abandon my meta. My current meta on you is town - extremely active, indy - extremely active, mafia - extreme lurker. The first two I have personal experience with, and the third I got directly from Xiivi. Regardless of my failure to distinguish between your town and indy playstyles, I can feel pretty confident that you aren't mafia, so I'm willing to trust you for the moment. I'm not going to blindly trust you through endgame like last time, but I will still follow you for the first few days (if you recall, that part of the strategy worked pretty well in DBZ.)
why are you relying on xiivi's meta of cello? cello played a very active scum in Newbie 3.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
xatres will post more tonight I think, but I just wanted to say that trading 1 town for 1 scum is almost always worth it, so that wasn't really scummy of smargaret to feel that way.

I'm not going to post a town list, or a "my read on everyone" list. I think town lists just give scum a target list. Remove the people with the least amount of heat on them that no one would ever lynch is an easy way to win as scum.

I will say that I like in general how cello has played so far, and I'm not a fan of joanbud's play so far. Maybe xatres will build more of a case tonight, but I'm not going to. RL johns are pretty serious for me. I work. A lot. I'm going to bed now. Hopefully our hydra balances that out, since xatres tends to be up late and is home mostly all day, whereas I'm working like 50+ hours a week.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Mayling: I can enjoy myself because I don't have to explain myself to anyone else. (This isn't a reflection on any partners I have had, it's a part of my personality. I don't get along with others)

You claimed I gave mafia an easy way out. How? The bolded portion of my quote was "IF YOU ARE A POWER ROLE, DON'T BE TIMID ABOUT HAMMERING IF YOU WOULD HAVE HAMMERED IN A NORMAL GAME." I clearly say "in a normal game", i.e. play as you would normally. In no way did I EVER suggest, "Hammer with impunity", but that's how you tried to portray it.

This is made worse by the fact that you go on to suggest EXACTLY WHAT I SUGGESTED. Act like the hammering rule doesn't exist.

When you told Summoner that you weren't sure if Swiss was just using colorful language doesn't make any sense. If you were genuinely confused, why did you take the time to write out a large post (#126) which ultimately ended up with a vote on Nick instead of simply asking Swiss if his Cop claim was serious? Why were you questioning why people voted for a claimed cop's guilty result instead of just trying to stop the avalanche that confusing you, especially in light of the fact that a Cop-guilty investigation backed Xastrn lynch might still have happened at that point?

Top Bottom