• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[M-1/2/10/17/22] Oddworld Mafia -- END! Town won!

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I'll go ahead and Vote: Xastrn since Swiss got a guilty.

I'll have to wait until tonight/tomorrow to give a good response to Cello/JoanBud though, have a busy day ahead.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*

Please remember to unvote before voting again :)

Vote Count

[4] Xastrn: Cello_Marl / Swiss / SummonerAu / Nicholas1024
[1] Cello_Marl: X1-12

[0] Swiss
[0] SummonerAU
[0] smargaret
[0] X1-12
[0] EdreesesPieces
[0] JoanBud
[0] GorditoBoy69
[0] J
[0] Nicholas1024
[0] Mayling

[7] Not Voting: smargaret / EdreesesPieces / Xastrn / JoanBud / GorditoBoy69 / J / Mayling

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline set for Wednesday, September 29th, Noon GMT.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
votecount was ninja'd, wow.

My votecount was ninja'd, but whenever I drop by the thread (which I'm following with interest) and there's 3 or more vote changes, I'll do a votecount. The possibility for complaints of lack of votecount is nil.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
wtf i'm so confused and lost. it's either been a while since i've played or i've lost the capacity to read.

P.S. My intermanets was totally dead for a whole day because my upstairs neighbors were stealing them and ended up screwing up the line, or that's what we're claiming. But it's OK now. I was happy to see that the game "started", but even more so when I saw my role PM and realized I'd actually be able to enjoy myself.
cello, before wildly spreading fear just because i mentioned you could be indy, care to say why once you saw your role PM, you realized you'd be able to enjoy yourself?

Been getting some pretty interesting vibes so far. Some players seem worried about the mechanic. Why? What could they stand to lose? Interesting.
this is a pretty old quote (because i re-read everything, go me!) but care to explain these vibes?

I have a new plan

1.) lynch Cello
how come you're so head strong on cello? btw, in your newest vote you switched over to xastrn really quickly.

Summoner and Meimu, hold my hand plox. Also, Cops should investimagate either me (if you want to make a good choice that's foolish) or Meimu, obviously prefer Meimu. I'm obvtown.
i agree with this

Everyone, let's force Mayling to go visible so she can't make me feel weird when she pops up out of nowhere.
if you want me to i will

Btw following Cello and voting who he votes will get you lynched by me and my crew.

Fall in guys, we got ourselves a competition.
who is your crew?

Hello? Anybody there?

Vote: Xastrn

I'm being totally serious with this vote btw.
why so srs

Swiss is always town; why would you ever disagree with that?

for the record I'm totally serious with my Cello vote too
again with the celloness, why? are you scared of him?

Reading over her post reminded me of something. IF YOU ARE A POWER ROLE, DON'T BE TIMID ABOUT HAMMERING IF YOU WOULD HAVE HAMMERED IN A NORMAL GAME. If you do, then scum may be able to determine who our power roles are. (I was considering some sort of system involving "designated hitters", where anyone who wanted to hammer would have to select someone else to hammer for them, but I don't know this Town well enough to know whether or not they would be able to draw useful information from those choices)
there you go again, giving mafia easy ways out. by saying things like this, you're just opening up a can of "well cello said i could hammer =3" dont you think that kat prolly gave mafia safe claims, possible pr ones, and they could hide behind that? this is similar to creating a list. don't give mafia safe way out.

the way we should deal with silly hammer mechanics: don't act like they exist imo. you hammer, you're gonna have to deal with the consequences that come with it come morning.

btw, other scum could hammer other scum, anyway especially considering that they may steal their PRs. especially considering they prolly know which of their PRs there are and if they really do need that PR.

Question to everyone - considering the new mechanic: do you think people who are more eager to hammer, considering they absorb powers with the lynched player- is more or less of a scumtell than it is in a normal mafia game, or is it a nulltell since we don't have the right info to answer that? Just curious what you guys think. Better than RVS shenanigans.
don't think anyone really answered you. uh i do think that this whole mechanic will cause trouble in the future, which is why i suggest we play as much as normal as we possibly can, and take it situation by situation cus we really cant say "oh, this is how it will eb always" because we don't know the situation that will come up.

Actually, I have a town read on Cello right now (despite him going after me). Town cello has a very unforgettable playstyle, and this is it. I haven't personally seen scum-cello (aside from indy-cello, which = town-cello and is the mafia equivalent of a nuke), however I DO have reliable information on his scum-playstyle (from Xiivi, who's modded/comodded half the games on this site and knows everyone's meta very well.)
this was funny to me b/c nich is really playing up to cello, which if you're scum is the best way to get cello off your back. he even goes to point out "cello's going after me, but despite this, i think he's town =3" seems like he's playing up to cello to me.

what's with this swiss claiming n0 cop? wtf? there was no n0?

vote nicholas

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Thing is Maymay, if he's lying we'll just lynch him tomorrow and get scum then :)

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
summoner you haven't really gave any of your opinions at all, yet your vote is on xastrn. why?

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Thing is Maymay, if he's lying we'll just lynch him tomorrow and get scum then :)
yeah I didn't know if he's lying or if that was innuendo for "i've got a really good read" which is like "wtf? am I confused?" especially cus everyone jumped onto the wagon without even questioning it.

and also, i know town:scum ratio is pretty good (actually it would be 2townie:1scum) but if we can not lose a townie at all, that's good, which is why i'm wondering why no one questioned it. i almost thought for a second xastrn got hammered and i was totally confused.

Xastrn

Dastrn|Xatres
Lost my original reply so I'll type it again.

Swiss, I don't know why you'd make that claim. Your information is false, so I can only assume one of the following options are true:

A: You are insane N0 cop. That's a ******** role. It sets town up to mislynch both D1 and D2. Bad game design. Do we know our moderator well enough to know if she/he would have made such a weird role? I haven't played with many of you including this mod, so I don't know what to assume about the game design. We already know we have a wacky game design, so maybe insane N0 cop is a legit possibility.

B: You are scum. If this is the case, you made a boneheaded play. You seem to have a reputation in this crowd that suggests that you are not a bonehead. Therefore, I can't understand what motivation you would have to fake claim right now. You should expect to get lynched D2 when I flip town. If you're scum, you know for a fact that I'm town, which means you know for a fact that you just drew MAJOR attention to yourself. It doesn't seem to be in your self interest to pull a trick like this...unless...

C: You are a jester. This seems to me to be the most likely scenario. Which brings me to another thought: If my breakdown of the options is as obvious as I think it is, doesn't that mean that you should EXPECT people to think you're a jester and not want to kill you. Meaning you COULD be scum feigning jester by way of feigning N0 cop. Which is reinforced by my "you're no bonehead" comment. I know it's a long train of logic to guess something like that, but it makes sense to me.

Either way, you're anti-town. vote: Swiss

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
If Swiss is claiming he's got a guilty, course I'm going to go with it.

Maymay, we've got a scum either way so just chillax. We're going to lose a townie anyway and a D1 fake cop claim would be mad dumb (UNLESS YOU DID SOMETHING CRAZY KAT) although I would expect scum to get things in N0 so it's something to think about. IT'S 2:14AM WHY AM I EVEN POSTING LET ALONE AWAKE

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Xastrn, you left out the most obvious possibility imo. Miller.

also, pretty sure rules had something about NO JESTERS. Remember those thing we were meant to read when we confirmed?

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
i won't chilllllllllll

where the hell was n0??? did i miss it???

unvote

i dont know about you but i like xastrn's response. now that was chilLAX

i've hydra'd with kat before and he's a pretty cccrazy kat buuut, insane n0 cop (with no n0) seems cruel not crazy

Mister Kat said:
Jesters, Survivors and Politicians are non-existent in this game.
for the record, which answers another question from Cello you can't be an indy that wins with town b/c there are no survivors and survivor is the only indy i know that can win with town

smargaret

Smash Rookie
Cello, I would LOVE to add an avatar to my profile. It's sitting saved on my computer. I just can't figure out how! Help, please?

This isn't my first game of forum mafia any more - this was in the queue for nearly a month, and I've finished one game at mafiascum and am in another. I was a townie and lost the finished one, and I'm happy to link it if you want to see something of my play style.

As far as real-life mafia, we had a deck of cards and red card were town, black were scum, and face cards were power roles. Everyone shut their eyes for night and the mod would ask night powers to wake up and act in turn. Scum couldn't really communicate, all setups were open, and we had some pretty weird power roles. It was very different.

I have a variable work schedule, but I am always going to work Friday/Saturday, and I'm more than likely going to work on Thursdays as well. My activity will fluctuate with that schedule, but I'll try to post at least twice on work days. Obviously, this is my day off.

I'll post another post with reactions and scum reads in a bit.

smargaret

Smash Rookie
Vote: Xastrn

Swiss, why did you come right out and claim? Why not wait and see whether people went for Xastrn anyway, or tried to push the lynch without claiming?

Xastrn

Dastrn|Xatres
are we L-1 at this point already?

if so, slow down a minute. I don't mind dying in games that my alignment wins in, so if our death brings you a scum, then great. We'll flip town and you'll lynch scum. But in the meantime, scum get 2 night kills and all this fast voting means NO CONVERSATION for 2 days. Scum can probably steamroll you D3 and D4 if you guys don't slow down and try to get some information from each other. All these 12 character long posts of just voting for us with no addition to the conversation are anti-town in that they are pushing forward a mad-fast lynch and depriving town of their chance to gain information. Don't do that.

My other half and I have txted once today, and when I get off work we're going to sit and read the thread together and discuss our reads. It'd be ******** to finish your lynch on us before we give you whatever our reads are. We'd be happy to claim before we die too, to provide some information.

I think it's in town's best interest to remove a vote or two from us temporarily, even if you are planning on lynching us toDay, just to keep that hammer opportunity available for TOWN, and to make sure scum can't finish this off fast and end conversation.

i'll post more tonight.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
I haven't read stuff past this morning in detail, but first Unvote.

I'll probably put it back on, but I saw stuff about ending the Day, and while there may not be any Jesters, Survivors or Politicians, there can be Lynchers.

Did anybody else have an N0 action?

Xastrn

Dastrn|Xatres
Dastrn hasn't gotten off work yet, but I thought I'd post real quick in response to Cello's inquiry about how our hydra is working.

There are several reasons we chose to hydra this game.

1. We wanted to play mafia together, but I happen to live in Dastrn's house right now. This would make it very hard not to give things away to each other about the game. Dastrn suggested we just hydra, that way we can openly discuss the game and not worry about deception.

2. I've never played forum mafia before. I have a lot of experience playing the game live, but I'm admittedly inexperienced in reading people online and in some rules variations. Playing together meant keeping me out of a newbie game (which would be boring) and giving me a chance to learn the ropes from an experienced online player.

3. Dastrn just happened to want to try out hydra.

As for how the hydra will be played, well, you are already seeing that play out. You see Dastrn posting a lot more than me. That just comes from our different playstyles. I tend to sit back and watch for the first day or two when I play mafia. I don't like to reveal information until I'm sure it's true, and I like to give people a chance to give themselves away. Dastrn is a bit more experienced in forum games and, as you can see, is a much more active player.

Our plan thus far, as Dastrn has said, to play things by ear. We'll like just post when either of us feel we have something to add, and then we'll discuss/analyze the game each night to make sure we're on the same page. We will be doing that tonight and getting a post up this evening in response to all the votes against us.

@Cello. If you wouldn't mind posting your reasoning for us being scum in a more concise form, I'd very much like to see it. I''m having trouble following your arguments over 5 pages of scattered comments. (Forgive me, I'm used for formal accusations.) I'd like to have a full understanding of your thoughts on us when Dastrn and I sit down and talk tonight. Thanks.

Edit: That would be your reasoning BEFORE Swiss claimed N0 Cop. How else are we scummy?

Swiss

Smash Lord
K Unvote Course I'm not N0 cop, wanted to see what Xastrn did. Like him. Didn't consider all options but responded decently, wasn't afraid to be lycnhaaaaied.

Anyway, wasn't it Swi that claimed N0 cop? Not me.

X1 - would you have let him be lynched?

Cello - bite me.

I intended to be on earlier to see this through better but as it turns out people wagoned him anyway.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*

Vote Count

[3] Xastrn: SummonerAu / Nicholas1024 / smargaret
[1] Cello_Marl: X1-12
[1] Swiss: Xastrn

[0] SummonerAU
[0] smargaret
[0] X1-12
[0] EdreesesPieces
[0] JoanBud
[0] GorditoBoy69
[0] J
[0] Nicholas1024
[0] Mayling

[7] Not Voting: EdreesesPieces / JoanBud / GorditoBoy69 / J / Mayling / Cello_Marl / Swiss

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Xastrn

Dastrn|Xatres
I have read through the thread, but I'll be giving it another read through tonight to make sure I didn't miss anything. Then I'll be going over everything with Dastrn later.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Xastrn: Still rereading to form my response to you, but please keep in mind that you are not allowed to edit your posts.

X1-12

Smash Champion
K Unvote Course I'm not N0 cop, wanted to see what Xastrn did. Like him. Didn't consider all options but responded decently, wasn't afraid to be lycnhaaaaied.

Anyway, wasn't it Swi that claimed N0 cop? Not me.

X1 - would you have let him be lynched?

Cello - bite me.

I intended to be on earlier to see this through better but as it turns out people wagoned him anyway.
believe it or not I knew what you were doing all along!

lol, no I understood a wagon was necessary, unfortunately it didn't yield as much as it could have done though, on your part its a null tell and his, I'm not decided

Swiss

Smash Lord
K. Figured you would but you didn't play it how I expected. Xas made a case against me, understandable, if neeeewbie, but he was willing to die first, before me. Town. Or very clever. So town. Probably.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
At first I want to say hi to you all since I have never played Mafia in Dgames before so I don't really know any of you ^^". Anyways I am so sorry for the wait for me to post it is just that I have been really sick and school, blah blah blah you know the rest. :laugh: Please forgive me.

@J: Tell me about yourself. More accurately, tell me what you think I want to hear.
Well okay I am still new to playing mafia online *second game to be quite honest* and I am just trying to have alot of fun by playing this game. I was referred to Dgames because of a friend who hosted a game in the Disco Room which was really fun. However I just died in there and I was town. The scum really played me for a scapegoat =/ I love this game to death and I have played it with my friends too ;D Telling you what you want to hear uhmmmm how about "Hiiiiiii!!!! And nice to meetya!" But man are you one active person in this game so far. Straining my eyes @_@

I want to say something about J.
Please do ;o I'm all ears *well eyes but you get it xD*

@J: Silence makes me uncomfortable.
I'm so sorry for making you feel uncomfortable D; I will be sure to pick up activity!

Also, Vote J

Enough's enough. Gotta talk if you wanna live.
I do deserve this since I was at the current time the most innactive ;_;

I'll be sure to do my thoughts shortly but i just got home. T.T

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
J is currently viewing the thread.

Vote J

Stalking ftw
I was viewing this thread so I may have made that post above. Just because I have not been posting too much does not mean I have not been paying attention. Also horrid reason to vote since we are not in RVS =/

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Right when Swiss claimed N0 cop I knew he was bulls***ing. It's Swiss guys...

I don't get the Xastrn hate. But, at least it's dying out.

Oh, and J, regarding Swiss' vote, it's a good reason cuz, from his POV, I'd take it as lurking O_O.

JoanBud

Smash Rookie
I'll reply later with a response to Cello and Swiss.
I'll also take a look at Swiss's approach and Xastern's defenses.

I'm really confused what a N0 Cop means. Can someone explain that to me?
I'm thinking a "No Cop," as in they're fake claiming? Although I'm not sure what the weird lingo would be for, if so. Thanks for the help if you could let me in.

Top Bottom