• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[M-1/2/10/17/22] Oddworld Mafia -- END! Town won!

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Lmao its a funny. I actually lol'd. I'm not RUBBING UP to Swiss, per se. If you were to make a funny, I'd lol just as hard. But....................................................................................................... I can see where youre coming from.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Where's Floooooooooooooooooooooorida?

Southeast. But it should be here.

Also, Gordito, if you vote with me and never dissent from my opinion (or my designated hitter in the event of my death), then I'll believe you're town. Failing that, I'll be forced to base it off of your actions. And neither of us wants that. Don't be mean, Cellos.

Buddy me some. Also, how are you metaing me?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I have a foolproof plan for dealing with Cello.

If town: Follow until endgame.

If mafia: Lynch.

If indy: Curse the game mod.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Newbie Redux...nope.

Taco...nope.

Tales...nope.

Community...nope.

When was the last time you won a game, X-1? I can't seem to find one.

Well, don't worry too much about it. We'll win this time (if you blindly follow me, or don't discard whatever I say out of hand, or don't base alignment solely based off of actions, or at the VERY least die quickly without making any strong impressions [but that's no good, it doesn't let you gain any experience {like a hydra}]).

@Gordito: Listen to people that have at least 1 win. (X1 is town. You are town. I'm town. Swiss is town. Nick and/or Xastrn is scum. Edreeses is town.)

Summoner and Meimu, hold my hand plox. Also, Cops should investimagate either me (if you want to make a good choice that's foolish) or Meimu, obviously prefer Meimu. I'm obvtown.

Nick, you scum? You scum. Who are your mates? Sidenote: Kat and I REALLY wanted to recruit you with the Dragonballs in DBZ, but we decided it was more efficient and less risky to just go ahead and win. I still think you won with us in spirit though.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Heh, I should have voted no-lynch in DBZ. Would have been totally epic. *sigh* (I was really disappointed when you flipped indy in DBZ. Now I have to listen to jabs from Overswarm and such about how my read on you was supposedly "complete fail". ARGH.)

Anyway, as far as this game goes, where's your usual giant game-start post on how to meta the setup? Or are you waiting until the game actually starts before you give us that? And no, I am not scum, although if I was I'd probably pretend that my scummates were Cello and Mari...

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Who's Mari?

Also, giant game-start meta will probably be when the game officially begins. I'm still not sure what we should do with certain roles to take the best advantage of the role eating (eating? Are you edible? I know (a) slog(s) are in the game but I'd bet on that person being mafia) mechanic.

Also,

Nicholas1024 said:
Because if a townie gets to see a mafia role PM for a day-night phase, that would be pretty broken.
Why? You can answer that when the game begins or now, whichever is fine. Swiss would like an answer to that too, I'd wager. Were you reassured by Kat's reassurance? Why do you think he felt it necessary to reassure you (in the connotation of it being soothing, which would imply that you were motivated by being disturbed to ask your question instead of curious)?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Maymaymaymayhowcomeyouguysdidn'tcomevisitDaddyisboringjustkiddingmaybei'mjustpostingthistopadoutmypostcount.

Also, Zack = pimp.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Everyone, let's force Mayling to go visible so she can't make me feel weird when she pops up out of nowhere.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I'll answer it now. That was pre-role PM. Since mafia role PM's usually list their scumbuddies, that would be a game-breaker as soon as a mafiat got lynched. Given as I hadn't gotten a role yet, I was worried about the possibility.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Somehow, I forgot that information was in there. I blame the parents schools video games Democrats not playing in months.

Swiss

Smash Lord
ideally something more witty
Just remembered why I love this guy.

Anyway I'll get SS to gimme his thoughts soon but I am worried about someone, looks like a scum slip/outing himself but I needa talk it over with him, wouldn't wanna look a fool.

So what thoughts do people have so far?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Anyone who wants to follow me should vote along with Swi (and perhaps SS, if they are so inclined) as I will be doing.

Your move, SwiSchutzStaffel.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
All but one player have now confirmed! Around noon tomorrow (GMT) I'll post the opening flavour and the game will officially start then =D

JoanBud

Smash Rookie
/confirm

I'm a bit confused about the whole hammering and possessing bit, but I'll read through the pages to see if my questions have already been asked. Sorry for the late confirmation.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Day 1

Day 1 - Meat n Greet

Welcome to Bonewerkz Factory. Think grinding bones, powdered bodies, shredded organs. It’s gritty, it’s bitty, it’s downright disgusting, but a gruesome reunion will take place inside this factory of doom, and my MY what a reunion this will be; 12 Oddworld inhabitants come face to face to sort their own Machiavellian problems. This won’t turn out smoothly.

“We’re in a mess” says a tall, slender inhabitant, “sales are PLUMMETIN’. We need to find summink to exploit, and fast. I can’t go down like this.”

Commotion began to stir.

“Alright, FINE!” he shouts, “Suit yourselves, if I had my way you’d all be mush’d, crush’d, hammer’d to the ground, your ribs ripped out and processed into teeny tiny poptarts. I’m outta here.”

He walks away.

“Wait!” Another inhabitant steps up. “At your rate, we’ll meet our fate, and by this point it’ll be too late.”

The tall, slender one turns around, slowly.

“Listen, pal, you’re not understandin’ me.”

Everyone listens intently.

“I have a corporation to run, Bonewerkz ain’t runnin’ itself, and if it ain’t runnin’, the world ain’t spinnin’. Someone’s ruinin’ this place, it’s that Abe guy!

“That Abe guy?” shouts everyone.

That Abe guy!” The tall, slender one looked furious. “And it ain’t just this place he’s after, I know some of you swines are working with him and are out to get me, some of you are good for nothin’ SWINES and I wanna know who’s WHO.”

Particular inhabitants start to smile mischievously.

“This is why I called all’ya here, I gotta warn everyone here about their businesses and livelihoods, because there’s a certain group o’ya that wants to sabotage EVERYTHIN’ and it ain’t finishin’ here. Rates are droppin’ by the minute so I gotta dash, it’s gotta be later now fo’me, I gotta go back and run this place like the **** it used to be.”

He walks away.

“Er. Director Phleg, sir.”

“Director Phleg?”

“Listen to me Director Phleg.”

“WHAT IS IT YOU SWINES?!”

*Click*

“AAWWEE... ****!"

Executive Director Mr. Phleg, the tall slender one, had just crossed a tripwire implanted by “that Abe guy”. He exploded into teeny tiny fragments.

NPC, Bonewerkz Managing Director Phleg, Vanilla Townie, has exploded and died.

Ironically each fragment ended up inside a giant meat grinder where his remains would be appropriately mush’d, crush’d and hammer’d into nothing short of a delicious poptart. Absolutely no traces of his body were left at all.

11 inhabitants left, minus that Abe guy, (but is he about?), and others are working with him. Phleg is dead. Bonewerkz is now officially in ruin. Those responsible are staying quiet. Who will die next?

The tension is rising. In the industrial zones of Oddworld, DAY 1 BEGINS!

<object width="480" height="25"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/29Qhg6wwgZc&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1?rel=0&autoplay=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/29Qhg6wwgZc&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1?rel=0&autoplay=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="25"></embed></object>​

_

VOTE COUNT:

[0] Swiss
[0] SummonerAU
[0] smargaret
[0] X1-12
[0] EdreesesPieces
[0] Xastrn
[0] JoanBud
[0] GorditoBoy69
[0] J
[0] Cello_Marl
[0] Nicholas1024
[0] Mayling

[12] Not Voting: Swiss / SummonerAU / smargaret / X1-12 / EdreesesPieces / Xastrn / JoanBud / GorditoBoy69 / J / Cello_Marl / Nicholas1024 / Mayling

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline set for Wednesday, September 29th, Noon GMT.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Alright Cello, where's that giant post?

I'm going to avoid commenting on the theme...

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
@Mod: could you put the pages that music plays on in the thread title :)

best buddies forever!

@Nich: sif not comment on the AMAZING theme.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mister Kat said:
11 inhabitants left, minus that Abe guy, (but is he about?), and others are working with him. Phleg is dead. Bonewerkz is now officially in ruin. Those responsible are staying quiet. Who will die next?
Isn't there 12 of us? O_O Or is there a secret??

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
I have no giant post this time. I was too busy watching truTV with my Daddykins.

@Meimu, Nick, and Swiss: What's my alignment, and why? May can skip the why, if she desires.

@JoanBud, Xastrn, and smargaret: I've added all of your profile pages to my taskbar shortcuts. How does that make you feel? Also, please don't be so cautious. Also, I think that at least two of you are scum.

@Summoner: I keep mixing up you and Vult Redux. Tell me what you think about everyone I've mentioned above you.

@J: Tell me about yourself. More accurately, tell me what you think I want to hear.

@Meimu: The opening says "minus Abe", who is the protagonist of the first game. Including him, it would be 12. Also, see you at El Toro in a few minutes. I'm getting Fajitas. (This is not code talk, I swear. I wouldn't lie.)

@Ed-reeses Pieces: Why do people have difficulty spelling your name? Why do you think I think you are town? On second thought, I'm making a shortcut for you too.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
@Meimu, Nick, and Swiss: What's my alignment, and why? May can skip the why, if she desires.
well you said you were excited about the game which that leads me to believe you're some sort of role that will give you weight. from what i remember your favorite role to play is indy... so if you're excited about this game it could mean that you're indy, but your general reactions to the game so far have been generally happy go lucky which is from what i remember a town cello.

@Meimu: The opening says "minus Abe", who is the protagonist of the first game. Including him, it would be 12. Also, see you at El Toro in a few minutes. I'm getting Fajitas. (This is not code talk, I swear. I wouldn't lie.)
reading is hard

question and opinions from all please: as far as i'm concerned, i dislike the whole hammering extra. it encourages hammering to a degree which i find personally troublesome, because it means people can hammer by saying they wanted the ability? at least that was my immediate thoughts when reading that. i think it's troublesome.

also, are we going to consider the pre-game chitchat for scrutiny? i see no reason why we wouldn't, to a degree, although some may argue that they "hadn't even seen their role pm" yet.. looking at nicholas... but i think we may actually already have some neat stuff to overlook, should we choose. or should we begin the game.. NAO?!

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Hello? Anybody there?

Vote: Xastrn

I'm being totally serious with this vote btw.

@Joanbud: What are your out-of-game activities? Do you have any weekly social obligations that we should be aware of? Is there anything about me that you need to know?

@Xastrn: Explain how you will be playing your hydra, with emphasis on your choice to color code your entries and what you will be talking about privately.

@smargaret: If I were to ask you to add an avatar to your profile, would you be willing to do so without an explanation? With? Will you add an avatar to your profile? (If you think I'm being too wild, please let me know. Even more than determining your alignment, I want your first online mafia game to be interesting and enjoyable, and want in no way to make you feel uncomfortable in this format)

I hadn't thought of this until this point, but how did you go about playing mafia in real life? Are there any players in this game that were present in any games that you have read? If so, who? Also if so, please give us your critique of those players after a few days.

@X-1: Why do you think I think Swiss is town, and what do you think about him?

X1-12

Smash Champion
Swiss is always town; why would you ever disagree with that?

for the record I'm totally serious with my Cello vote too

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Vote Count:
[1] Cello_Marl: X1-12
[1] Xastrn: Cello

[0] Swiss
[0] SummonerAU
[0] smargaret
[0] X1-12
[0] EdreesesPieces
[0] JoanBud
[0] GorditoBoy69
[0] J
[0] Nicholas1024
[0] Mayling

[10] Not Voting: Swiss / SummonerAU / smargaret / EdreesesPieces / Xastrn / JoanBud / GorditoBoy69 / J / Nicholas1024 / Mayling

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Oh, thank Youkai Jesus. My compy froze and I thought I lost my post. Not that it's particularly long, but I didn't want to get frustrated this early on.

X1-12 said:
for the record I'm totally serious with my Cello vote too
And this is why. But I've learned my lesson. X1 isn't going to die this time.

X1-12 said:
Swiss is always town; why would you ever disagree with that?
I wasn't being facetious. I actually think he's town. Do you agree, believe he is not town, or just don't understand why I feel the way I do?

The rest of this post is my original, plus adjustments made after I rebooted my compy (which will not be indicated).

Invisi-Meimu strikes again. Can't be helped though.

Reading over her post reminded me of something. IF YOU ARE A POWER ROLE, DON'T BE TIMID ABOUT HAMMERING IF YOU WOULD HAVE HAMMERED IN A NORMAL GAME. If you do, then scum may be able to determine who our power roles are. (I was considering some sort of system involving "designated hitters", where anyone who wanted to hammer would have to select someone else to hammer for them, but I don't know this Town well enough to know whether or not they would be able to draw useful information from those choices)

@Meimu: If I were to be an independent, do you think I'm one that can or cannot win with town?

MiniMaymays said:
also, are we going to consider the pre-game chitchat for scrutiny?
I am. Anything after post #8 must have been after alignments were known, and the data is actually present in the thread, so it can't possibly be "out of game".

@Nick: What do you think of May's suggestion that I might be indy? Do you think she considered your reactions to her statement, mine, or no one's (i.e. was being honest)?

Additional material: I almost submitted this post as it was above, but I suppose I have to ask: X-1, why is your vote serious? (monotone)

@Mod: Hihi!

X1-12

Smash Champion
And this is why. But I've learned my lesson. X1 isn't going to die this time.
That's a good start

I wasn't being facetious. I actually think he's town. Do you agree, believe he is not town, or just don't understand why I feel the way I do?
Sounds like a trap, believe it or not at the moment I don't have a read on Swiss

Additional material: I almost submitted this post as it was above, but I suppose I have to ask: X-1, why is your vote serious? (monotone)
We've all got to start somewhere?

Xastrn

Dastrn|Xatres
Cello we post in different colors because we usually post in these colors on our real accounts. It's habit. Do you believe hydras are better played with no disclosure regarding which head is speaking? If so, please explain.

Top Bottom