• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[M-1/2/10/17/22] Oddworld Mafia -- END! Town won!

Kataefi

*smoke machine*

<object width="480" height="25"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ru6K0qUqYrY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&autoplay=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ru6K0qUqYrY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&autoplay=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="25"></embed></object>

ODDWORLD MAFIA

Welcome to Oddworld, and what an odd world indeed! This game is based upon the environment, storyline, and aspects of the first and second Oddworld titles released for the Playstation and PC. This is a 12-man closed setup, with thanks to Marshy and Xiivi for helping me balance everything.

Feel free to PM me | Aim: Kataefi

Helpful Links:-
Newbie Guide | Basic Rules | Common Roles | Smashboards Mafia Archives | Oddworld Wiki

[COLLAPSE=Rules]

Fundamentals:-

1. I am your Mod. Marshy and Adumbrodeus will be co-mods.
  2. Please enjoy this game, and do not personally attack other players in a manner that is offensive.
  3. Inactivity in this game is not excusable by activity in other games. In addition, if you believe a simple mod mistake has occurred, please address this in-thread and in bold. If you believe a large moderation mistake has occurred, or you have a dispute, please contact me via PM or IM.
  4. Dead men tell no tales. Once you have died in the game, you are no longer allowed to post in the thread. No communication about this game is allowed with non-players or players who are dead, even if you yourself are dead. (And if you are dead, you may not discuss the game with anyone who is currently playing, even if you could while you were alive, unless your role specifically states otherwise).
  5. Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread. If your role PM does allow you this power, you are to PM all conversations to the mod and the co-mod.
  6. Editing your posts is not allowed.
  7. I reserve the right to deny anyone from signing up/replacing.
  8. You are not allowed to quote your role PM or quote a fake role PM. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim. You are not allowed to post or refer to any images in your role PM, nor may you post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.).
  9. Do not post hidden text. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. Posting text with the intent to hide it from other players, e.g. by changing the text colour to resemble the page background, is not permitted.)
  10. Do not post in code.
  11. You must post in English.
  12. Hydras are allowed, as are hydra communication logs.
  13. Failure to send in your night action(s) will result in no action(s) being taken.

Voting and Lynching:-
  1. Each Day you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold vote command, e.g. Vote: Player A.
  2. You must unvote each time before voting another individual, otherwise your vote will not be counted, e.g. Unvote, Vote: Player B.
  3. No lynch is a viable lynch choice, e.g. Vote: No Lynch. A majority voting for this choice will end the Day with no player being lynched.
  4. The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a deadline is reached. If a deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, there will be a no lynch.
  5. There is no Twilight phase.
  6. No posts during Night. These posts are discouraged, and persistent Night posting will be on grounds for dismissal!

Activity and Deadline:-
  1. You are required to post at least once every 48 hours. You will be prodded otherwise. An accumulation of too many prods (3) will result in your replacement or a modkill, depending on the circumstances. If feasible, I will tell you if I'm considering replacing / modkilling. If you have a pre-planned absence, please notify me ahead of time and you will not be prodded. If your absence is for an unreasonable amount of time, you will be forcibly replaced regardless of advance notification.
  2. A single deadline extension will be granted if a majority of players request this, e.g. Request Deadline Extension. This extension will last only 24 hours.

Game Specific:-
  1. A new mechanic is introduced: POSSESSION. Hammering a player kills them. However, the player who hammers will trade all their abilities and role characteristics with the hammered player for the following Night and Day phase, and then fully revert back to their original role thereafter. If someone who has possessed is hammered the following Day before they have reverted back to their original role, they still trade all their original abilities and role characteristics with the hammerer. The reveal of any player by the mod, be it through lynch or Night Kill or any other circumstance, will always be true to the player's original role. Alignment is unaffected by this mechanic, so certain abilities may remain 'exclusive' to certain alignments.
  2. All roles are assigned entirely at random.
  3. Jesters, Survivors and Politicians are non-existent in this game.
  4. Modkills only end the Day if the player being killed is town-aligned. All other modkills will continue the game. In the event that a player is modkilled during twilight, the modkill will effect the next day phase (meaning that day would automatically end if the player is town and that day would continue as normal if otherwise).
  5. Town win condition: You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
Sample Role PM:-

[COLLAPSE=SamplePM]

Greetings! You are the last surviving meech in existence. Your relatives were slaughtered and processed into "Meech Munchies", and you're next on the menu. Better run while you can. You are a Vanilla Townie!

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

[/COLLAPSE]

Disobeying the rules may lead to a possible ejection from the game! Please play by them!

[/COLLAPSE]
_

Inhabitants:-

1. Swiss
  2. SummonerAU
  3. smargaret
  4. X1-12
  5. EdreesesPieces
  6. Xastrn
  7. JoanBud
  8. GorditoBoy69
  9. J
  10. Cello_Marl
  11. Nicholas1024
  12. Mayling
Replacees:-

1. S.O.L.I.D
  2. Vanderzant
Casualtees:-

1. NPC, Bonewerkz Managing Director Phleg, Vanilla Townie, exploded and died pre-game.
  2. JoanBud, wild Paramite, Mafiosi Watcher, was possessed and subsequently exploded D1.
  3. smargaret, trained Slog, Vanilla Townie, fell to their death N1.
  4. X1-12, Slig, Vanilla Townie, was possessed, exploded and stung to oblivion D2.
  5. SummonerAU, Guardian Angel, Town [PARANOID] Doctor, was electrocuted and subsequently malfunctioned to the point of no return N2.
  6. Mayling, The Brewmaster, Mafiosi Tailor, was possessed and subsequently forced to self-explode before the true plan was revealed D3.
  7. J, The Shrykull, Town Sane Cop, was swiftly silenced N3.
  8. Swiss, Abe, Mafiosi Ninja, was possessed and subsequently exploded D4.

X1-12

Smash Champion
YAYYY Cello-Marl!!!!!!

also this set-up is whack, i most thoroughly approve though
Game Specific:-
  1. A new mechanic is introduced: POSSESSION. Hammering a player kills them. However, the player who hammers will trade all their abilities and role characteristics with the hammered player for the following Night and Day phase, and then fully revert back to their original role thereafter. The reveal of any player by the mod, be it through lynch or Night Kill or any other circumstance, will always be true to the player's original role.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Does the role change happen even if mafia is involved? Because if a townie gets to see a mafia role PM for a day-night phase, that would be pretty broken.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Does it transfer? For example, if a VT hammers the town cop D1 and gets lynched D2, does the D2 hammerer become VT or cop?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
i'm confirming but im sick atm so i might be a bit quiet the first day or two. =x

i'm sorry for the inconvienience (sp)

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
herro herro baby

herro herro baby i can't hear a thing i get no service in the club ya see see whwhat did you say you're breaking up on me sorry i can't hear you i'm kinda busy i'm kinda busy

ten random facts
i think mcfox is really sexy
i think kat is going to make a sexy mod
cello marl is my bro hey sup dawg mad shoutouts
on a scale of one to ten yes i love you
i realized while reviewing the thread i don't know what oddworld is
coffee in japanese is ko hi
cake in japanese is keeki
juice in japanese is juusu
fried chicken in japanese is friedo chicken
a study done by a mathematician: students were given a choice: fill in the bubble on your test and if less than half the students filled in the bubble, you'd be given ten extra points. if more than half the students filled in the bubble, you'd lose ten points. what happened was this: after every test, students' chance of filling the bubble increased... until more than half of them did and they lost the points. after that, no one filled in the bubble at all. intriguing.....
there were not ten facts but rather eleven, and considering the truth of this statement makes it true, this would make it a fact, resulting in twelve facts not eleven.. or ten.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Hurro May :)

Alright Role PMs have been sent. Please start confirming once you've understood everything =D I'm using bold now!

@Nich:- Nope it doesn't transfer. So in your particular scenario, the D2 hammerer will be a VT. I will make a slight alteration to game specific rule 1 just to make that really clear. Thanks for asking questions =D

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Since you like my questions...

If a townie were to hammer a mafia, would it be possible for said townie to direct the mafia's nightkill?

Also, if a lynch were to be averted via governor or survived via some unlynchable ability, would the transfer still happen?

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
@Mod adding on to Nicholas' first question, if you can't control the MAFIA'S nk, do you just get a free NK? Like a vigilante?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
I don't know if I can confirm or not.

I'm being chained down by someone.

And it's dark.

Confirming.

Did it work?

I think I hear him coming.

Help.

P.S. My intermanets was totally dead for a whole day because my upstairs neighbors were stealing them and ended up screwing up the line, or that's what we're claiming. But it's OK now. I was happy to see that the game "started", but even more so when I saw my role PM and realized I'd actually be able to enjoy myself.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Oh, also hello people that I haven't seen in a while, and hello to people I haven't seen.

Xastrn

Dastrn|Xatres
Dastrn and Xatres are hydra-ing on this account.
I (Dastrn) will be posting in orange text.
Xatres will most likely post in pale green.

Confirm that we got our role PM, and we understand everything communicated therein.

Xastrn

Dastrn|Xatres
I'm confused about this possession thing.

Say you have a situation where you have 3 townies and 2 mafia. The townies lynch a mafia goon during the day. Let's that a vanilla townie hammers the mafia goon. So he becomes a mafia goon for the next night/day cycle.

Now we have 2 mafia and 2 townies. Mafia NK a townie and in morning we have... 2 mafia and 1 townie. Does Mafia win? Even if one of the members is only a temp? What if there are two mafia and one of them hammers. Can he turn on his partner the next day and win the game for town?

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Irish mafia :D Obviously the best! Added S.O.L.I.D to replacee list. Muchas thanks.

@RecentQuestions:- alignment is unaffected by this mechanic. As a townie won't become mafia-aligned should it hammer a scummy, it won't gain any Night kill control or killing ability unless stated otherwise. And no to your 2nd question nich. That's about as far as I can say things for now as I think that covers near-everything =D Updated the rules to reflect this.

smargaret

Smash Rookie
Confirming.

The power company is doing repairs and shutting off power at random times and my future mother in law is coming to visit us this weekend, so I won't be able to post much until Sunday.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Been getting some pretty interesting vibes so far. Some players seem worried about the mechanic. Why? What could they stand to lose? Interesting.

Pretty sure Vanz will flip scum if he replaces in.

Gonna have to /confirm that I am the mafia shanker. Each night I stick it to a poor sod and take his beans.

^ That was my confirm Kat (omg ur a girl) btw.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Really Dastrn? I don't see why it's necessary to comment on profanity. >.< (Not that it's necessary to use it either, but come on!)

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
I'll buddy all I want!

The way I've seen it so far, Swiss, SummonerAU, smargaret, X1-12, EdreesesPieces, Xastrn, JoanBud, J, Cello_Marl, Nicholas1024, and Mayling have been playing very well. And metaing them just makes em look better. I just don't understand what the mod would make a game filled with town, and no scum.

Top Bottom