• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[M-1/2/10/17/22] Oddworld Mafia -- END! Town won!

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
@Xastrn

Hydras play as a team. As one person. If you put up a distinct difference like text color, then youre just hurting yourself. It's not good.

Oh, and if everyone here is serious about the voting cuz of pregame stuff, then y'all funny people. You've completely taken RVS out for us.

JoanBud

Smash Rookie
Cello said:
@JoanBud, Xastrn, and smargaret: I've added all of your profile pages to my taskbar shortcuts.
How cute. Does this mean I have a personal stalker?

Also, please don't be so cautious.
I won't agree to that one.

Also, I think that at least two of you are scum.
Who knows? You could be right.

Hello? Anybody there?
Why are you so impatient? The game just started. Do you have a particular need to seem like an active contributor?

@Joanbud: Do you have any weekly social obligations that we should be aware of? Is there anything about me that you need to know?
No and no.

(I was considering some sort of system involving "designated hitters", where anyone who wanted to hammer would have to select someone else to hammer for them, but I don't know this Town well enough to know whether or not they would be able to draw useful information from those choices)
I'm detecting some verbiage here. What was the purpose of telling us this? Also, after reading my responses, what have you gained or learned from asking your questions?

IF YOU ARE A POWER ROLE, DON'T BE TIMID ABOUT HAMMERING IF YOU WOULD HAVE HAMMERED IN A NORMAL GAME. If you do, then scum may be able to determine who our power roles are.
Good note. Now here's the dig--did you bold that warning because you really wanted us to notice it, or did you bold it because you really wanted us to notice you gave it?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Xastrn: I have no solidified personal opinions on how hydras should be played, just ones on how people that aren't playing as them should pressure them. Still, Dastrn, why did it occur to you to bring that piece of information to our attention? Also, please finish (or rather, start, since you didn't deign to) your explanation of how you both intend to play as a hydra.

@Gordito:
Oh, and if everyone here is serious about the voting cuz of pregame stuff, then y'all funny people. You've completely taken RVS out for us.
You're welcome, or I'm sorry, whichever is appropriate (I can't tell). Also, I don't agree that it is specifically hurtful, per se.

@JoanBud: No, it doesn't, as I am stalking several people. Stalking, yes, personal, no.

Why is being cautious at such an early stage in the game important to you? As a person who has been out of the loop for some time, I'd have imagined that you would have wanted to get back into the swing of things as quickly as possible. Just how are you defining cautious, and does provoking me fit that description?

JoanBud said:
Who knows? You could be right.
Of course I'm right.

JoanBud said:
Why are you so impatient? The game just started. Do you have a particular need to seem like an active contributor?
Yes. I'm trying to project a palpable sense of Town.

Skip. No response worth giving.

I'm detecting some verbiage here. What was the purpose of telling us this? Also, after reading my responses, what have you gained or learned from asking your questions?
I said that for Nick's sake. It's unreasonable that I wouldn't have given some thought to how the specific game mechanics for this game could be used for my faction's advantage.

I'll assume you just meant the questions I directed at you. If not, correct me. Otherwise, the activity questions allow me to make better judgments concerning sudden changes in your activity. That information is still incomplete, but one must start somewhere, as X1 said. On that note, how do you get to this thread? Shortcut to DG, to SWF (manual navigation or subscription, as appropriate), Google, or other?

I'm not sure how I want to interpret your lack of interest in at least one other player (me), which may or may not include everyone else (are you interested in anyone?). Just how do you intend to play this game, again?

JoanBud said:
Good note. Now here's the dig--did you bold that warning because you really wanted us to notice it, or did you bold it because you really wanted us to notice you gave it?
The latter (originally, it was merely capitalized). I'm not particularly interesting in finding scum. At this time, there is not enough support that I can reliably count upon to further my goals with such tactics. Instead, I am attempting to appear as townie as possible.

#HBC | Gorf

I like RVS. It gives us a leisure point in time, where we can fool around for a bit. And when somebody comes out and finds a "scumtell" in RVS. That's how I see that it's over, and that the game has STARTED.

Oh, and Cello. I find it peculiar, this statment:

I'm not particularly interesting in finding scum. At this time, there is not enough support that I can reliably count upon to further my goals with such tactics. Instead, I am attempting to appear as townie as possible.
It worries me. I see it as you're too lazy to even try to look for scum, but rather, you're going to make a foundation for you to go back to, just in case a wagon against you starts.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Gordito: Let's say I hadn't said that. If I gave you a little case against, say, JoanBud or Dastrn (i.e. scum), would you have been open to considering it?

(But, seriously, peculiar is the strongest word you have for what I said? Also, what do you mean by "foundation for me to go back to"? If people, in general, fall for my ruse believe the truth, then I have nothing to worry about. If not, then I'm in trouble.)

@Nick: I swear I'm not indy. What's my alignment? It's troubling me that it's taking you so long to respond to a three choice answer.

@Swiss: Still waiting on you too. Also, talk about Joanbud.

I want to say something about J.

#HBC | Gorf

I'd be open to consider almost any case on anyone. I don't care about the deliverer of the message, I care about the message itself.

No, peculiar is NOT the strongest word. Probably the nicest word lol.

And when I say "foundation for you go to back to", I mean if you wanted to defend yourself later on in the game, that can easily be the first sign you say that points out "hey I am town, b****es!" (assuming you're actually that stupid as to defend your being town, rather than a scummy case on the accuser [which i don't think you are]).

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
your handsome co mod here

ill be doing votecounts as close to the top of the page (40ppp) as possible

Vote Count:
[1] Cello_Marl: X1-12
[1] Xastrn: Cello

[0] Swiss
[0] SummonerAU
[0] smargaret
[0] X1-12
[0] EdreesesPieces
[0] JoanBud
[0] GorditoBoy69
[0] J
[0] Nicholas1024
[0] Mayling

[10] Not Voting: Swiss / SummonerAU / smargaret / EdreesesPieces / Xastrn / JoanBud / GorditoBoy69 / J / Nicholas1024 / Mayling

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Gordito said:
assuming you're actually that stupid as to defend your being town, rather than a scummy case on the accuser
Let's say someone were to accuse me. Like X1. Which he has, sorta, I guess. I don't think he his scum. Why is stupid to try to dissuade him from his beliefs compared to making him look bad? If I tried to get him lynched (and he ended up town), doesn't that just make me look worse and likely end up with costing us two townies? How is attacking my attackers the tacitly "smart" action?

Further, I don't understand why you believe I would be laying such a "foundation", and yet you don't think I'd be stupid enough to use it. Why do you suggest these things?

On that note, do you have to have your hand held and given a case to form an opinion on a person? At this point, do you have an opinion of my alignment? If so, what and why? If not, what do you need to know?

@Joanbud and Xastrn: Talk about Gordito.

Hihi, Co-Mod #1!

Xastrn

Dastrn|Xatres
I think Gordito is on to something to point out that you blatant don't care about hunting scum and that you just want to focus on appearing town yourself. I'd think you're indie based on that idea, except that it'd be so obvious to say that explicitly if you were indie, so surely you wouldn't say it.

We don't have a specific strategy together yet. I've never done hydra'ing before and I'm hoping to just play it by ear and have some fun.

#HBC | Gorf

My observation of the post I quoted is that it looks like you'd be setting yourself up to look pro town. And, as far as your question goes, no, I don't have an opinion on your alignment. It's way too early in the game to think that.

It's hard to dissuade somebody like X-1 about alignment. He's hard headed when it comes to that stuff. But, I see what you're saying. I was looking at it the wrong way before (yes, that's me saying that I was wrong, you're right).

TL;DR, I'm admitting to being wrong about the dissuading alignment vs making a case deal, the laying a foundation thing is just an observation, and I can't think of any conclusions as to your alignment.

#HBC | Gorf

I think Gordito is on to something to point out that you blatant don't care about hunting scum and that you just want to focus on appearing town yourself.
Oh, and I kinda get that feeling too. Thanks Xastrn :p.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Hey Cello. I've had a bit of a busy day today (community day that I was dragged to, church activities, and rediscovering KOTOR), and just haven't been on much. (If you want evidence, check my recent posts, I haven't done anything much in mario kart since this morning either)

More to the point, I'm going to go with you town for the moment. This activity-laden style of yours is what I'm used to from town-Cello (and indy-Cello blast it). I don't have a way to differentiate your town and indy styles, but I'm going to go with the odds of you being town. (Besides, indy-hunting isn't something to engage in before all mafia are gone).

@Gordito
Why do you like RVS? As a somewhat experienced mafia player, I can confidently say that RVS is the worst part of the game. It's the time when we have NO info on who's town/scum, nothing to go on, and often consists of useless jokes for several days until something picks up. In fact, ending the RVS as early as possible is a very pro-town thing, and is one of the reasons I like Cello's playstyle so much. So, I'd like an explanation from you please.

@Xastrn
Cello isn't your typical "Always tell the truth" townie. Cello will manipulate anything and everything to turn stuff to his advantage. If you want a good feel for his playstyle, just read DBZ mafia (Yeah, he's indy, but he plays exactly like town there.)

@Cello again
I think the idea of a designated hammerer should be considered. What if (midway through D1), we gave a list of several pro-town people, and asked for a non-PR from that group to claim? Obviously there are risks (if we happened to pick several PR's, it would be a BIG hint for mafia), but it could give us a sort-of "Jack of all trades" townie.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
I think Gordito is on to something to point out that you blatant don't care about hunting scum and that you just want to focus on appearing town yourself. I'd think you're indie based on that idea, except that it'd be so obvious to say that explicitly if you were indie, so surely you wouldn't say it.

We don't have a specific strategy together yet. I've never done hydra'ing before and I'm hoping to just play it by ear and have some fun.
no way.

Cello, this is like my first time playing with everyone in the game (except you and maymay and maybe nich but I'm not 100% on that) so yeah.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Gordito: It shouldn't just be a feeling. I literally said it. Regardless, you seem to think it's important. Talk with Xastrn about it. Try to draw some sort of conclusion with him. Discuss, discuss. If not with him, then with JoanBud. Or are you simply satisfied with "Cello said he wants to appear town and that he isn't interested in hunting scum" and leaving it at that?

Coming to a reasonable conclusion is fine even if it happens early.

@Xastrn: What has Xatres said about this game so far? What have you spoken about? What hasn't he said anything so far? Why does your comment put emphasis on pointing out my foci being Gordito's idea? What was the point of your indy comments? Did you notice I swore I wasn't indy? You've mentioned Gordito's statement, but you have nothing to say about JoanBud essentially saying the same thing when he commented on my bolded capitalized warning; why is this so?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Summoner: Nick replaced into Tree Stump. (I don't care what anyone says, I liked that game) Also, you're my go-to-guy for Meimu. (Meimu, you're my go-to-gal for Summoner)

@Nick: So, for the record, you're claiming you haven't been on since this morning until you made those recent posts, or not? Also, talk about JoanBud.

Also, designating a hammerer doesn't have any discernible advantage over playing normally. Scum is just as likely to be selected as a townie, and the "hitter" selection portion of it is likely to cause unnecessary friction between townies. Also,

Nick said:
What if (midway through D1), we gave a list of several pro-town people, and asked for a non-PR from that group to claim?
This simply narrows scum's list of likely actual PRs. You are smart enough to have realized this, and I can't believe that you still suggested it had viability.

Consider my vote effectively on Nick and Xastrn.

@Gordito: Talk about Nick's recent post.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Cello, I'm surprised at you. Asking for ONE VT does not narrow down scum's options significantly. And by choosing it from a group of players judged to be protown, we can reduce the chances of scum being chosen significantly. Or do you doubt your own scumhunting skills? And I disagree that getting a designated hammerer has no advantage. If we just do it at random, then yeah, it's useless. However, if we can get a likely-town VT to do it, we could very well get some extra uses of PR's. You know if we don't put a system in place, scum's going to do their best to hammer every PR and prevent town from grabbing the ability.

Another possibility is to simply order that only obv-townies are allowed to hammer. That should make it tougher for scum to waste night abilities.

And yeah, I haven't been on. I got on for a little (about 5 minutes or so) at midday to check if there was anything significant in either game (this one and mario kart), but not long enough to make a decent post.

One more thing...

Talk about my paragraph on Gordito.

#HBC | Gorf

@Nich

RVS is a casual way to break the ice. Granted, I've never been in a game WITHOUT at least a little RVS stage, since I've only been in 4 games so far in dGames. What I don't understand is Cello's way of going about interrogating. @Cello are you concrete about your Xastrn/Joanbud suspicions? If so, is it solely based on the pregame?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Whoops, I forgot the request about Joanbud. I don't really have an opinion on him (her?) yet. Why do you ask?

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
@Ed-reeses Pieces: Why do people have difficulty spelling your name? Why do you think I think you are town? On second thought, I'm making a shortcut for you too.
Prob cuz they've never seen anything thats spelled anything like my name before, so they gots no point of reference.

And you think I'm town because i'm exhibiting perfect town play thus far, duh.

Question to everyone - considering the new mechanic: do you think people who are more eager to hammer, considering they absorb powers with the lynched player- is more or less of a scumtell than it is in a normal mafia game, or is it a nulltell since we don't have the right info to answer that? Just curious what you guys think. Better than RVS shenanigans.

Personally I think mafia will be more eager to hammer than normal, they don't want vanilla townies and some townies to gain the abilities of a player that would normally die , and in regular mafia games, their abilities with them - they'd rather take it just to prevent town from being able to use them.

#HBC | Gorf

As far as the "electing of hammering" thing goes, I say that if you feel the need to hammer, then hammer. You're revealing that you, indeed, have a PR by saying that you don't want to be the one that hammers, and you're revealing the fact that it's good enough to not wanna give up.

JoanBud

Smash Rookie
I hate absolutely everything Cello's said so far.

As a person who has been out of the loop for some time, I'd have imagined that you would have wanted to get back into the swing of things as quickly as possible.
You assume that just because I haven't played SMF Mafia means I'm "out of the loop," and you also assume that, if so, I would be eager to rush into a game headfirst. Why is that? What do you base these assumptions off of?

Why is being cautious at such an early stage in the game important to you? Just how are you defining cautious, and does provoking me fit that description?
Being cautious is important throughout the entirety of the game. This is a game of thought and perception, not random votes and half-***** suspicions. "Provoking" you (curious--do you feel provoked right now?) may or not be categorized as being cautious.

I said that for Nick's sake. It's unreasonable that I wouldn't have given some thought to how the specific game mechanics for this game could be used for my faction's advantage. I'll assume you just meant the questions I directed at you. If not, correct me.
I was talking about what I quoted. No one said you were restricted from thinking about the mechanics of the game, but why would you post such useless, failed-thought information that doesn't benefit us in any way unless only please the crowd? Your posts so far have been, "Hey guys! Look! I'm Town, see?"

I'm not particularly interesting in finding scum.
Being so blatant about it bothers me even more. "Scum in plain sight," perhaps? Realize that your interest as Town is finding scum, not lifting your name on a pedestal.

Instead, I am attempting to appear as townie as possible.
Odd that you should need to "attempt" to seem Town. If you truly are Town, why would you need to make corrections to your playstyle or words? Everything that you naturally say and do should point to your alignment.

I'm not sure how I want to interpret your lack of interest in at least one other player (me), which may or may not include everyone else (are you interested in anyone?).
Who says I'm not focused on you? I don't need to know about your social activities or life schedule, as you prompted, to get a read on you; that's simply preposterous. Your responses to my responses, your responses to others, and whatever else you say in-game is exactly enough. As of now, my thoughts on you are still hazy. The one (and only) thing I like about your posts so far are the attempt to get others involved with forming opinions. Strange, however, that you want others to give thoughts on players, yet you just got done saying you yourself "have no support to count on" for your views. What do you expect other people to formulate if you can't give any opinions yourself?

At this time, there is not enough support that I can reliably count upon to further my goals with such tactics.

JoanBud

Smash Rookie
I forgot to comment on Nich in my last post.

Nicholas1024 said:
@Xastrn
Cello isn't your typical "Always tell the truth" townie. Cello will manipulate anything and everything to turn stuff to his advantage. If you want a good feel for his playstyle, just read DBZ mafia (Yeah, he's indy, but he plays exactly like town there.)
You should really let Cello speak for himself. I'm not making conclusions, but why should you care about the status of someone else if you have no idea what their alignment is (and, by the way, people can change playstyles very easily--don't make assumptions on their alignment just on that)? Let Cello make his own defenses. If he's scum, you're just easing his workload and opportunities to slip.

@Cello again
I think the idea of a designated hammerer should be considered. What if (midway through D1), we gave a list of several pro-town people, and asked for a non-PR from that group to claim? Obviously there are risks (if we happened to pick several PR's, it would be a BIG hint for mafia), but it could give us a sort-of "Jack of all trades" townie.
...what? That was the most suspicious suggestion all game. We're obviously not going to do that. Why would we have one of our own claim and narrow down the PRs to Mafia just because of this possession system? In my opinion, we can get a lot of reads from the patterns of voting in this particular game. Don't designate the hammer to one person (especially not in the matter you suggest). Let people vote and hammer as they please, and in turn, let people get their reads.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
What do you have gain by asking this? It's wifom. Obviously, whether he is town or scum he's gonna answer that he bolded the warning because he wanted us to notice it. Like he's gonna admit he just wanted us to notice he gave it, if he's scum. And any theorizing that this is the reason he did it is a heck of alot of wifom and doesn't really gain us information.

JoanBud

Smash Rookie
What do you have gain by asking this? It's wifom. Obviously, whether he is town or scum he's gonna answer that he bolded the warning because he wanted us to notice it. Like he's gonna admit he just wanted us to notice he gave it, if he's scum. And any theorizing that this is the reason he did it is a heck of alot of wifom and doesn't really gain us information.
You've apparently missed that he already admitted to wanting to appear Town. Read his response to mine, in which he clearly states that he did "the latter" (which, in case you somehow aren't aware, means the second). And are you kidding about not having anything to gain from asking that? Even if he would've responded with, "So you guys could notice it," there are still certain trends and attitudes to gather in his response. Every reaction can supply suspicions and reads.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Actually, I have a town read on Cello right now (despite him going after me). Town cello has a very unforgettable playstyle, and this is it. I haven't personally seen scum-cello (aside from indy-cello, which = town-cello and is the mafia equivalent of a nuke), however I DO have reliable information on his scum-playstyle (from Xiivi, who's modded/comodded half the games on this site and knows everyone's meta very well.)

JoanBud

Smash Rookie
Regardless if you have a Town read on him or not (and again I warn you to not make quick assumptions based on meta), it's inexcusable still to defend any challenges thrown his way. Let the players fight their own wars, and more importantly, learn from what they've reacted with. Relieving players from their defenses doesn't help Town at all.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
You've apparently missed that he already admitted to wanting to appear Town. Read his response to mine, in which he clearly states that he did "the latter" (which, in case you somehow aren't aware, means the second). And are you kidding about not having anything to gain from asking that? Even if he would've responded with, "So you guys could notice it," there are still certain trends and attitudes to gather in his response. Every reaction can supply suspicions and reads.
On the first point - he was clearly being sarcastic, he said your question isn't even worth responding to.

And the second point - fair enough, you can contribute to reads out of almost everything, but the point I'm making is that you are harassing everyone for possibly doing things just to appear town, when ironically, you are also asking questions that could be more focused on making yourself appear pro town than helping town as well. You can point this type of behavior to everything, including yourself. Yes, questioning it can help contribute to known informaiton and reads, but don't you think your priorities should be somewhere else? I only ask because you already have a lot of instinces of doing this to a couple of different people.

JoanBud

Smash Rookie
On the first point - he was clearly being sarcastic, he said your question isn't even worth responding to.
Again, you've missed things. When Cello said that there was "no response worth giving," he was referring to responding my answer to his questions (the "no and no" part). That's why he said "skip," notifying that he skipped that moment from quoting me.

And the second point - fair enough, you can contribute to reads out of almost everything, but the point I'm making is that you are harassing everyone for possibly doing things just to appear town,
Let's stop right there. So far I've accused one person of the crowd pleasing charade (cello). Is that "everyone?" You seem to want to make a much bigger deal out of my "harassment" than what it actually is.

You are also asking questions that could be more focused on making yourself appear pro town than helping town as well.
Care to give some examples of this? Every question and accusation I've made so far have been for the purpose of furthering my reads on people and, ultimately, hunting scum. If you have issues with my posts--if you feel that I'm also only concerned with the good of my name--then please support that. Post with your evidence, specifics, and whatever other suspicions you have, and I'll get right back to you.

Yes, questioning it can help contribute to known informaiton and reads, but don't you think your priorities should be somewhere else?
You just asked me if my priorities should be somewhere other than gathering information? In the kindest of ways, I will respond with simply saying no.

I only ask because you already have a lot of instinces of doing this to a couple of different people.
Again, who are these "couple of people" that aren't Cello and Cello?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Nick said:
Or do you doubt your own scumhunting skills?
Cello said:
I'm not particularly interesting in finding scum.
If I'm not looking for scum, then I don't know where they are. If you have enough confidence in your ability to determine who is town, then why are you worried about hammering them?

Nick said:
You know if we don't put a system in place, scum's going to do their best to hammer every PR and prevent town from grabbing the ability.
Can you tell a scummy hammer from a reasonable one? If you can tell enough about the players to judge who is pro-town, then you ought to to be able to tell when someone hammers unreasonably.

Less talk about useless additional rules involving "obvtownies" that are somehow supposed to exist by mid-Day 1, more talk about determining people's alignment. Otherwise, you're just trying to look active and helpful if you can't produce something that can be objectively evaluated rather than relying on a consensus (which is the major difference between most of the rules I propose and this idea, and the primary reason I rejected it), and why it is better than denying scum the ability to influence town lynching.

I want you to form an opinion on JoanBud because I'm polarizing everyone. Us versus them. Choose a side. Or fence-sit. It's a decision just as much as anything else. (If you don't have an opinion, open up a dialogue with that person)

Also, Gordito is acting exactly as I expected him to.

@Gordito: I am currently developing my beliefs about those players (so far, I find them scummy), but officially, I'm not looking for scum. I'm trying to convince you that I am town. I will say that I find...JoanBud, scummier than Xastrn.

@All: Gordito is the only person who appears to be distraught over the lack of RVS. What does everyone think of that?

@JoanBud:

Joanbud said:
You assume that just because I haven't played SMF Mafia means I'm "out of the loop," and you also assume that, if so, I would be eager to rush into a game headfirst. Why is that? What do you base these assumptions off of?
Do these questions have an effect on your perception of my alignment? I don't see the point of them. Is it your standard practice to ask such useless questions?

JoanBud said:
Being cautious is important throughout the entirety of the game. This is a game of thought and perception, not random votes and half-***** suspicions. "Provoking" you (curious--do you feel provoked right now?) may or not be categorized as being cautious.
Cautious. Thought. Perception. Ah, perception. That's the key word. (Also, I did finally feel provoked [i.e. I broke you], just now)

I was talking about what I quoted. No one said you were restricted from thinking about the mechanics of the game, but why would you post such useless, failed-thought information that doesn't benefit us in any way unless only please the crowd? Your posts so far have been, "Hey guys! Look! I'm Town, see?"
JoanBud said:
Being so blatant about it bothers me even more. "Scum in plain sight," perhaps? Realize that your interest as Town is finding scum, not lifting your name on a pedestal.
Bolded. This would normally be the case, but given my history with Swiss and X-1 along with my most recent game with Nick, and the fact that there are so many new faces in this game, I do not believe my most effective scumhunting methods will be sufficiently convince 6 of my 8 fellow townies of my findings (whether there are 3 mafia or 2 mafia/1 indy is irrelevant; they are all enemies).

Florida said:
Odd that you should need to "attempt" to seem Town. If you truly are Town, why would you need to make corrections to your playstyle or words? Everything that you naturally say and do should point to your alignment.
As a long time player, you know this is untrue.

JoanBud said:
Who says I'm not focused on you? I don't need to know about your social activities or life schedule, as you prompted, to get a read on you; that's simply preposterous. Your responses to my responses, your responses to others, and whatever else you say in-game is exactly enough. As of now, my thoughts on you are still hazy. The one (and only) thing I like about your posts so far are the attempt to get others involved with forming opinions.
You certainly are focused on me. So much so, that your accusations of me have blinded you to every other player in the game. Where is your "perception"? Why do you praise my pushing to get people to form stances and a tangible trail of their opinions, yet you have not formed any of your own of anyone else? What of, say, Xastrn's declaration of which head of their hydra is which, something which is of little true value but appeals to the good humor of just about any mafia player? What of the complete lack of original content in EP's single in-game post?

JoanBud said:
Strange, however, that you want others to give thoughts on players, yet you just got done saying you yourself "have no support to count on" for your views. What do you expect other people to formulate if you can't give any opinions yourself?
I gave my opinions. You, Nick, and Xastrn are scum. I just said that I don't think I can CONVINCE people of that (at the moment, at least).

Additional content after refresh:

@JoanBud: There's that "caution" again. Distancing from Nick.

Also, if you agreed that "designated hitter" was a bad idea, why did you claim to hate everything that I've said other than my forcing people to take stances, when we agree on that? Where is your supposed intellectual approach to this game?

Although I am glad you decided to correct your previous oversight of ignoring everyone else in the game.

But, "crowd pleasing charade"? Other than Nick and May, who has responded positively to my actions so far? Why did you claim that that was the case?

@EdressesPieces: JoanBud is correct. I wasn't being sarcastic.

@Nick: Did you notice that JoanBud just started picking on EP when he wasn't getting anywhere with me?

@Joan, again: Why do you feel EP is the best person to forcibly extract information from? Do you believe that you will be convincing to anyone other than your scummates with your attitude?

JoanBud

Smash Rookie
Cello_Marl said:
Do these questions have an effect on your perception of my alignment? I don't see the point of them. Is it your standard practice to ask such useless questions?
Every question does. It is my standard practice to provoke reactions and extract information. Even with this witty and avoiding response (you still haven't directly answered my questions), I am able to learn a bit more and more about you as I got along.

[quot]Cautious. Thought. Perception. Ah, perception. That's the key word. (Also, I did finally feel provoked [i.e. I broke you], just now)[/quote]
There's a lot of vagueness in this--too much of it. You should also clarify what you meant in your response to being provoked, because quite bluntly, I have no idea what you just said.

Bolded. This would normally be the case, but given my history with Swiss and X-1 along with my most recent game with Nick, and the fact that there are so many new faces in this game, I do not believe my most effective scumhunting methods will be sufficiently convince 6 of my 8 fellow townies of my findings (whether there are 3 mafia or 2 mafia/1 indy is irrelevant; they are all enemies).
So, "Because I'm playing with new people, I'm not going to scumhunt as vigorously as I normally would," is what you're saying? Please correct me if I misinterpreted.

Explain this. You imply that genuine Townies who are for their victory are more prone to slips and stating things that might appear scummy? Is it not the Mafia's job to fear their words and to scrutinize every single reaction they give?

You certainly are focused on me. So much so, that your accusations of me have blinded you to every other player in the game.
What are you basing that assumption off of? Just because I haven't responded to every single post does not mean I have not formulated views. That was a radical jump for you to make. When I'm ready to call out players on how I feel, I'll do that. For the moment, I'm focused on you. Please deal with that. Beyond that, you seem to ignore my responses to both Nick and EP.

@JoanBud: There's that "caution" again. Distancing from Nick.
Elaborate on this please. It seems that, again, you are trying to throw out vague accusations without support.

Also, if you agreed that "designated hitter" was a bad idea, why did you claim to hate everything that I've said other than my forcing people to take stances, when we agree on that?
How does disapproving the designated hitter suggestion and disapproving of your posts relate in any way? I disapprove of both.

Even if you agreed in the disapproval of the designated hitter, perhaps I hated the way you went about disapproving it or discussing it.

Where is your supposed intellectual approach to this game?
What are you asking here? This seems like nothing more than a taunt.
If you have some other sort of meaning behind asking this, please inform me.

But, "crowd pleasing charade"? Other than Nick and May, who has responded positively to my actions so far? Why did you claim that that was the case?
I've already touched on this in my last posts. Read through those.

@Nick: Did you notice that JoanBud just started picking on EP when he wasn't getting anywhere with me?
Hmmm. Are you suggesting that it was wrong of me to explore other players even after just saying that I'm blindingly only focusing on you? How odd.
Also, who says I'm not getting anywhere with you?

@Joan, again: Why do you feel EP is the best person to forcibly extract information from?
Now, I truly wonder where you were coming from with this post. Where did I ever say that EP was the best person to "forcibly extract information from?"

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
JB said:
Every question does. It is my standard practice to provoke reactions and extract information. Even with this witty and avoiding response (you still haven't directly answered my questions), I am able to learn a bit more and more about you as I got along.
Nice stock response. And yet, you still didn't answer my question. What did you learn?

JB said:
So, "Because I'm playing with new people, I'm not going to scumhunt as vigorously as I normally would," is what you're saying? Please correct me if I misinterpreted.
"Because I'm playing with new people, I'm not going to scumhunt." At least, not in the same way I usually do. Unless this is the way I usually do it. Which this is starting to turn into (despite that not being my original intention).

JoanBud said:
Cello said:
JoanBud said:
Everything that you naturally say and do should point to your alignment.
Explain this. You imply that genuine Townies who are for their victory are more prone to slips and stating things that might appear scummy? Is it not the Mafia's job to fear their words and to scrutinize every single reaction they give?
I'm implying that townies do not have perfect knowledge. We don't know who has what alignment; that ignorance is enough to prevent the idea that "all a townie's actions will appear to be townie", which was what you claimed. Surely, you know that townies can appear to be scummy; if they didn't mislynches wouldn't happen.

"Mafia have to twist a townie's words to make them appear to be scum". Uh...yeah? What else would they be doing? Why should we believe that that isn't what you are doing?

Cello said:
You certainly are focused on me. So much so, that your accusations of me have blinded you to every other player in the game.

Although I am glad you decided to correct your previous oversight of ignoring everyone else in the game.
JoanBud said:
What are you basing that assumption off of? Just because I haven't responded to every single post does not mean I have not formulated views. That was a radical jump for you to make. When I'm ready to call out players on how I feel, I'll do that. For the moment, I'm focused on you. Please deal with that. Beyond that, you seem to ignore my responses to both Nick and EP.
At the time that I wrote the first section of my quote, JoanBud hadn't responded to anyone except for me. After writing out my post, I saw that she finally had, and attached an addendum to reflect that. And yet, in Joan's response to me, she does not acknowledge that, and instead claimed that I have ignored his responses to Nick and EP. Why? Why didn't Joan bother to read the entirety of my post, and instead chose to split up individual portions of my post to make it seem as though I hadn't done something I had? What good could possibly come from lying like that? What information do you gain? You admit that you are hazy on your opinion of me, and yet you try to sabotage me. Why?

JoanBud said:
Elaborate on this please. It seems that, again, you are trying to throw out vague accusations without support.
I'm trying to create negative sentiment against you.

JB said:
I've already touched on this (crowd pleasing charade) in my last posts. Read through those.
I don't see it. I see where you tell EP that you accused me of trying to do that, but you don't go into any detail about how I've actually managed to crowd please. Like I said, it's just Nick and May who've said that I seem to be acting like a townie, and even then, May was still unsure.

JoanBud said:
Hmmm. Are you suggesting that it was wrong of me to explore other players even after just saying that I'm blindingly only focusing on you? How odd.
Also, who says I'm not getting anywhere with you?
No. But I am suggesting that you were picking on EP. After all, Nick supported "the most suspicious suggestion all game." And yet, he only earned a mild admonishment for that, after which you started in after EP in a fashion that I read as much more negative than your attitude toward Nick. What was so scummy about his statements that made them that much worse than Nick's? That they were scummier than Nick actually wanting to use that system? If so, why?

JoanBud said:
Now, I truly wonder where you were coming from with this post. Where did I ever say that EP was the best person to "forcibly extract information from?"
You didn't. I said, "@Joan, again:", not "@Joan: Again,". It was the first time I asked that question, but you still didn't bother to answer it.

Take a look at Xastrn. Tell me what you think about him. Just so you know, at this point, I'll just be arguing with you to argue with you if this keeps up, regardless of what I feel or think.

@Nick: Keep in mind that I haven't played in any way, shape or form for about two months. My style might have naturally decayed during that time.

@Swiss: Comment on JoanBud's exchange with me.

@J: Silence makes me uncomfortable.

JoanBud

Smash Rookie
Nice stock response. And yet, you still didn't answer my question. What did you learn?
Interesting. You're annoyed with my lack of a direct answer just after you failed to answer my own question for you? I sense a tad of hypocrisy.

"Because I'm playing with new people, I'm not going to scumhunt." At least, not in the same way I usually do. Unless this is the way I usually do it. Which this is starting to turn into (despite that not being my original intention).
There's a lot of bombast in this response, but I thank you for making clear that you are, in fact, refusing to scumhunt and aid us.

I'm implying that townies do not have perfect knowledge. We don't know who has what alignment; that ignorance is enough to prevent the idea that "all a townie's actions will appear to be townie", which was what you claimed. Surely, you know that townies can appear to be scummy; if they didn't mislynches wouldn't happen.
What I was getting at was that you seemed to make such a big deal about appearing Town-like, which if you were in fact Town, you wouldn't have anything to worry about. I've never said that Townies can't make suspicious posts; I only said they shouldn't have any fear in their opinions as the Mafia do.

"Mafia have to twist a townie's words to make them appear to be scum". Uh...yeah? What else would they be doing? Why should we believe that that isn't what you are doing?
Umm...what? You must've misinterpreted what I said. I said the Mafia scrutinize their every post, which I used to relate the prior statements and questions.

At the time that I wrote the first section of my quote, JoanBud hadn't responded to anyone except for me. After writing out my post, I saw that she finally had, and attached an addendum to reflect that. And yet, in Joan's response to me, she does not acknowledge that, and instead claimed that I have ignored his responses to Nick and EP. Why? Why didn't Joan bother to read the entirety of my post, and instead chose to split up individual portions of my post to make it seem as though I hadn't done something I had?
More misinterpretations and quick accusations from you, Cello. When I claimed that you ignored my responses, I referred to the section of your post that I was quoting (which you did, in fact, have ignorance in). How about next time you go back through your posts and edit what you know isn't truth, so I don't have to point that out for you and in response get whining?

You admit that you are hazy on your opinion of me, and yet you try to sabotage me. Why?
Who says this is sabotage? Do you feel you're being sabotaged?
Do you feel extremely pressured?

I'm trying to create negative sentiment against you.
Hmmm...this reminds me of a certain discussion about sabotage. Oh, and hypocrisy.

I don't see it.
Then you must've only glanced over my first two posts against you which were based solely off of my accusations of your crowd pleasing.

No. But I am suggesting that you were picking on EP. After all, Nick supported "the most suspicious suggestion all game." And yet, he only earned a mild admonishment for that.
Calling something "the most suspicious suggestion all game" is hardly a "mild admonishment." You're confusing suspicion with discussion. I had more posts discussing with and about EP because EP kept responding, and thus I responded in turn. Nick stopped responding after my second reply.

You didn't. I said, "@Joan, again:", not "@Joan: Again,". It was the first time I asked that question, but you still didn't bother to answer it.
That supposed typo still has nothing to do with where you base your thought that I think EP's the best to extract info from.

Just so you know, at this point, I'll just be arguing with you to argue with you if this keeps up, regardless of what I feel or think.
"I'll be the one to have a last say no matter what! Regardless of what I actually think, I'll keep arguing!"

I take back what I said about Nick's post being the most suspicious.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Went inactive last night. In case y'all didn't notice.

Joan, why are you so hung up on who's right and who's wrong? I fail to see how this helps us find scum. You're looking at the game through the wrong glasses. Who's glasses are they, I wonder? Boom. Shake, shake the room.

Take the penultimate line and the one before of the post above. Here he gave you an opportunity to say "f*ck it, how does this help town? I'll look elsewhere" Ya didn't. So how arrogant are you? 'Cuz you're gonna need to be more arrogant than a banana to get outta that one.

Btw, we're the N0 cop (see previous breadcrumbing). We have a guilty result (had to wait till thread started to receive it).

Vote Xastrn

Was gonna go for Smargret as neither of us have played with him or Joan Bud maybe even J. But yeah this worked out pretty well. After his flip we can discuss if I'm real cop or bussy wussy.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Swiss, that was a terrible play. You should have waited to see how people (especially JoanBud, smargaret and J [and in my opinion, Nick, but meh]) responded to Xastrn's obvscuminess before coming forward with a guilty result.

Also, you said N0 cop. I guess that means you were one-shot? (Yeah, I'm rolefishing, sue me)

Also, if you're fake claiming a result, then I'mma be so mad, cuz that's my territory. It's practically trademarked.

@JoanBud: It's not hypocrisy. I never claimed to be schumhunting. I literally claimed the opposite. You did, however.

JB said:
What I was getting at was that you seemed to make such a big deal about appearing Town-like, which if you were in fact Town, you wouldn't have anything to worry about. I've never said that Townies can't make suspicious posts; I only said they shouldn't have any fear in their opinions as the Mafia do.
You said, "Everything that you naturally say and do should point to your alignment."
That implies that a naturally written post from a town player should point to them being town. "Everything" was the term you used, not "collectively" or "overall". For focusing so much on language and terminology, you tend to use it poorly, and lack the ability to convey your points effectively.

Obviously, I disagree with your sentiment that only scum cares about their self-image.

JoanBud said:
How about next time you go back through your posts and edit what you know isn't truth, so I don't have to point that out for you and in response get whining?
Why? You can't be bothered to read what you are trying to discredit? This is exacerbated by the fact that you chose to not lead by example, and acted hypocritically by not editing your own post.

JB said:
Who says this is sabotage? Do you feel you're being sabotaged?
I'll rephrase. You don't have an opinion on my alignment, and yet you went ahead and made a claim (that I was ignoring you ignoring everyone else) when you knew that it was false. Why?

Hmmm...this reminds me of a certain discussion about sabotage. Oh, and hypocrisy.
I'm being honest about it. You are not.

Nick stopped responding after my second reply.
Why is a person not responding a good reason to stop applying pressure? Is that effective scumhunting?

That supposed typo still has nothing to do with where you base your thought that I think EP's the best to extract info from.
It's not a typo. You continued to respond to him and chose to abandon your conversation with Nick. We gather information by talking. You were talking to EP. It seems intuitive enough that you were extracting information from him, and not anyone else. Would you suggest that you were getting an opinion on, say, J, from talking to EP? I don't see how.

I take back what I said about Nick's post being the most suspicious.
Uh huh. Sure.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*

Vote Count complete with pretty picture
- From yours truly :chuckle:

[3] Xastrn: Cello_Marl / Swiss / SummonerAu
[1] Cello_Marl: X1-12

[0] Swiss
[0] SummonerAU
[0] smargaret
[0] X1-12
[0] EdreesesPieces
[0] JoanBud
[0] GorditoBoy69
[0] J
[0] Nicholas1024
[0] Mayling

[8] Not Voting: smargaret / EdreesesPieces / Xastrn / JoanBud / GorditoBoy69 / J / Nicholas1024 / Mayling

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Top Bottom