• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas, Roy, Ryu (1.0.8) Community Patch Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Safariwisserin

Smash Rookie
NNID
TikaBell
Unfortunately, I don't have a means to record this, but pre-patch, on Battlefield and under the lower platforms Falco's Up Smash would hit with either the 4% hit or the 12% hit depending on how you spaced it. Up Smash would rarely if ever connect both hits. You'd have to use Utilt if you wanted to hit from below a platform. Now, the 4% hit doesn't register - it did once against ROB - and only the 12% hit registers.
I tested it on my WiiU Version and can confirm the same results. This was a really annoying Thing in the past and im glad they changed something about it. The Problem with R.O.B could be a different hurtbox, so the 1 hit of upsmash still reaches. Tested it on Bowser too, no Problems here

I think what they did with the Upsmash is a General reduce of it's range, at least thats what it Looks like comparing 3ds 1.07 and wiiu 1.08

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Mewtwo side-special has reduced knockback. It no longer brings characters high enough to land on the lower platforms of battlefield or side platforms of Lylat.
Just tested this on Battlefield. This happens to:
:4fox::4greninja::4falcon::4ryu::4sonic::4pacman::4pit::4darkpit::4mario::4drmario::4shulk::4wiifit::4mewtwo::4villager::4rob::4jigglypuff::4lucario::4pikachu::4metaknight::4dedede::4kirby::4myfriends::4palutena::4samus::4tlink::4ganondorf::4sheik::4zelda::4link::4littlemac::4gaw::4diddy::4dk::4bowserjr::rosalina::4yoshi::4bowser::4luigi:Short, Mid and Tall:4miisword::4miibrawl::4miigun:
Other characters are not affected by this.
On Lylat, it is possible to get someone on top of the side platforms as long as you use Confusion on the not slanted part of the stage.

Yoh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yoh_Zephyr
Ike´s uair has less ending lag.

This is confirmed, just test it out.

epic11

Smash Cadet
NNID
achrafrises
3DS FC
4613-7611-5770
ness his bair seems to be 13-15% i really noticed it does 13% some times and some times 14% and most of the time 15% so that's probably a bair nerf but the knockback isn't changed at all

Yikarur

Smash Master
Ike has slightly less landing lag on fair and a lot less (4-5) on dair.

Diddys jab3 to Rapid Jab transition is faster. I think the rapid jab itself is unchanged but to weird to test.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
If all these Ike buffs are confirmed to be true he'll end up being the most buffed character in any patch for this game yet and the most buffed overall, considering what he got in 1.0.4. too. Looking good for the Radiant Hero.

Marth's nair buff is super substantial. His sense of fluidity improves little by little with each patch. Smoother and less laggy jabs, nair, tilts and DB. Hoping for more good news!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
So Ike fair, up air and down air also had landing lag reductions? Strange for the Ike's to not notice earlier.
@ san. san. / other Ikes, these sound right to you?

(Just double checking Yikarur~)

This is all making me hopeful that perhaps some other buffs on our fair emblemed swords people crept in.
Last patch killed Emblem Tier, but this patch is making a mockery of it. People are going to look back at the first 6 or so months of the game in the future and go "wow these characters are all so good, remember when they were super trash?"

Last edited:

TheHypnotoad

Smash Ace
So Ike fair, up air and down air also had landing lag reductions? Strange for the Ike's to not notice earlier.

This is all making me hopeful that perhaps some other buffs on our fair emblemed swords people crept in.
Last patch killed Emblem Tier, but this patch is making a mockery of it. People are going to look back at the first 6 or so months of the game in the future and go "wow these characters are all so good, remember when they were super trash?"
Too bad Robin didn't get any buffs. ;_;

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924

I felt it with uair but I wasn't sure at the time. Those moves never had much landing lag at around 18 to 19 frames anyways. I'll have to test it later.

If fair and dair's landing lag was changed, that would explain some things. I was getting punished less than I typically would in some of those situations.

Uair definitely has much less lag. The others are harder to tell from a glance.

Last edited:

BlueBirdE

Smash Journeyman
Falcos buff are really apparent. I feel his aerial speed is faster and the buffs to his movesets are super nice. Feels like a new character right now and a much faster one

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Sakurai, as a homage to Fire Emblem Thracia 776, the only game in the series with an SSS ranking technically possible, has balanced Robin in such a way that the ratio of Robin players to those winning a national is the same as the ratio of all fire emblem players ever and non-cheating/emulating humans achieving SSS rank in FE5/Thracia 776.

I would say that any character with a killing charge projectile special is going to have a hard time finding consistent buffs when those abilities are particularly stronger in Wifi environments which they're very likely taking data from.
Robin, Lucario, Samus, Mewtwo, Wii Fit, Pacman covers it I think (gunner, sure).

Sakurai could change their fate with some sort of extra restrictions on defensive option charge cancelling, but while people who want high For Glory win rates with just rolling and the b button I doubt it's logical to buff them without extensive testing from their perspective.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I can also confirm that Ike's dair has a lot less landing lag. It's a few frames lower than DK's dair.

Yoh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yoh_Zephyr
I felt it with uair but I wasn't sure at the time. Those moves never had much landing lag at around 18 to 19 frames anyways. I'll have to test it later.

If fair and dair's landing lag was changed, that would explain some things. I was getting punished less than I typically would in some of those situations.

Uair definitely has much less lag. The others are harder to tell from a glance.
Dair definitely has less ending lag.
Training Mode shows dair spike -> uair/fair/bair as a true combo now, it was never like that before.

Edit: Seems like I was too slow =P

Last edited:

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Yeah, I don't do too many landing dairs, so it was hard for me to tell without using another character as a reference.

Edit: I can confirm less landing lag on fair. It's around 1 frame less than Marth's 18 frame landing lag fair.

Last edited:

Safariwisserin

Smash Rookie
NNID
TikaBell
Olimar: I can confirm that the Order of Pikmin after getting the ledge does not longer Change (testet with 3ds1.07 wiiu1.08)

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
To add to the possible Ike buffs: Blitz (Ike player who doesn't really post on smashboards much) also thinks that Ike's Utilt has more lingering frames now. So that's two high/top level players (San as well) who believe this. Hard to test, if somebody thinks they can tackle this one that would be appreciated.

HoboJoe

Smash Rookie
So ZeRo keeps posting on twitter that sheik's needles where nerfed hard, when testing I found literally no changes to needles, not on damage, not on end lag, nothing. Looks like ZeRo is switching to Pika for literally no real reason.

HoboJoe

Smash Rookie
There are no changes to knockback or damage on sheiks fair, can confirm that she is pretty much unchanged, people might still find something though.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
It feels like if you DI away from Sheik she gets fewer fairs than in 1.07.
Might be placebo, I have no hard facts to back it up since I have no 1.07 thing, but it's what ESAM and I felt.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Might be placebo, I have no hard facts to back it up since I have no 1.07 thing, but it's what ESAM and I felt.
I picked up Sheik yesterday (hue) and was doing it well enough. I think it's the same.

DC| Reset Bomb Jigglypuff

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yayforall
3DS FC
3007-8110-9759
After some testing I found that Charizards' d-throw now combos into fair all the way up to 60%, maybe even more. So yes, we can confirm d-throw is now a combo throw.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
DI away from F-air always did that, but no one ever did it, either due to lack of knowledge or whatever else. Willing to say it's placebo until there's a side-by-side comparison.

More interested in Sheik's needles though.

Last edited:

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Yeah, I don't do too many landing dairs, so it was hard for me to tell without using another character as a reference.

Edit: I can confirm less landing lag on fair. It's around 1 frame less than Marth's 18 frame landing lag fair.
Which makes absolutely no sense considering Ike is WAY heavier than Marth.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
You could always DI away from sheik's fair to prevent excessive amounts of follow-ups. Maybe they've enhanced the effects of DI in this or the previous patch though.

:059:

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
More interested in Sheik's needles though.
Myself and at least one other person compared Shiek's needles and there's no change. The lag after throwing one, the potential lag from pulling shield during a charge, it's consistent. Just a train of people tweeting and retweeting somebody's placebo effect without doing any actual research.

Did we confirm a single change for landing lag on aerials in the 1.06 thread? There may have been several that went unnoticed which is annoying to think about.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Which makes absolutely no sense considering Ike is WAY heavier than Marth.
Yeah, fair's landing lag reduction was one of the last things I would expect. Then again, don't look a gift horse in the mouth.. Adding these all up, Ike's looking a little overtuned, but I don't want to jump to conclusions either.

Ulevo

Smash Master
@ Shaya Shaya , you might want to add that Meta Knight's forward tilt matches the hit box now. It has a range increase. I am not sure if that was on just forward tilt 1, or if it included forward tilt 2 & 3 as well. @Katakiri you were the one who tested this, can you confirm?

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
At the risk of making an unreasonable request, I think anyone with side-by-side testing capability should try to look at as many landing lag durations as possible.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
He didn't get any nerfs either. He's still a solid mid tier character so at least you guys have stayed decent. I still like Robin a lot, almost mained him around launch. S/he is really slept on, they're great characters and rather well done, they're just slow and cautious in their approach.

Heart of Ice

Smash Cadet
Gentleman mechanics have changed for Diddy Kong. It used to be if you held down the A button it would do the 3 starting jabs and then the awkward tail jab. Now it stops on the last hit of the gentleman if you hold A. It will only do the tail jab if you press A again. I have only tested this on Diddy, but it may apply to other characters.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I tested it on my WiiU Version and can confirm the same results. This was a really annoying Thing in the past and im glad they changed something about it. The Problem with R.O.B could be a different hurtbox, so the 1 hit of upsmash still reaches. Tested it on Bowser too, no Problems here

I think what they did with the Upsmash is a General reduce of it's range, at least thats what it Looks like comparing 3ds 1.07 and wiiu 1.08
Thanks, the one guy at the Falco boards ended up patching both of his systems because he didn't realize there was a patch that would change stuff like this. If you can, could you compare Falco's Fair between the patches. People have been saying it's faster, but there's no way memory and eyeballing other move's speeds can do much. Ditto on the landing lag. You don't have to be precise, it can just be a confirmation of, "yes, this happened", or, "no, this didn't happen."

Falcos buff are really apparent. I feel his aerial speed is faster and the buffs to his movesets are super nice. Feels like a new character right now and a much faster one
That would have to take someone who knows how to do the air speed test and I don't. I think Aero does, but at the same time, air speed values and such are stored in the game, but yeah...

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
At the risk of making an unreasonable request, I think anyone with side-by-side testing capability should try to look at as many landing lag durations as possible.
I only tested Yoshi, but have a wii u with current patch and another that doesn't since it won't download it for some reason.
Don't see anything for him sadly, was hoping for less landing lag on Dair or fair.

Last edited:

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Weight has nothing to do with aerial landing lag lol
It generally does. Either way, a laggy move like Ike's Fair shouldn't be landing easier than Marth's. Sakurai is aftaid of what Marth can become. He finally took a look at the competitive scene and saw what Marth could do in Melee and Brawl. This created the Smash 4 Marth we know and slowly he eases on some of the nerfs but that's the tip of the iceburg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom