• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas, Roy, Ryu (1.0.8) Community Patch Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Safariwisserin

Smash Rookie
NNID
TikaBell
Thanks, the one guy at the Falco boards ended up patching both of his systems because he didn't realize there was a patch that would change stuff like this. If you can, could you compare Falco's Fair between the patches. People have been saying it's faster, but there's no way memory and eyeballing other move's speeds can do much. Ditto on the landing lag. You don't have to be precise, it can just be a confirmation of, "yes, this happened", or, "no, this didn't happen."
Falcos fair has a slightly faster starting and way less landing lag now. Yikarur testet this for me yesterday.

By the way, ive got a decent collection of confirmed and partly possible buffs/nerfs which i think is more complete than the one from this thread. Catch is - it's in german and i dont want to translate atm...but if someone with german knowledge wants to take a look here you go... http://www.smashlabs.de/thread/3457-version-1-0-8-balance-patch-char-changes/?pageNo=1

cacatod12

Smash Cadet
Why the **** did they nerf my boi link? I know his grab range was increased but did we really need a down tilt damage decrease and a down throw damage increased?

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Why the **** did they nerf my boi link? I know his grab range was increased but did we really need a down tilt damage decrease and a down throw damage increased?
Dtilt is slightly faster and Dthrow became Link's best throw by far as it can combo into stuff from very low percents and is a kill set-up at high percents. Link is buffed buddy.

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
Lucina says stuff now when her counter is activated. Might have some other voice clips added too.

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
Nah. Though all she says are "hup!" and "Hah!" for her counterattack. I can confirm that these were there before the patch.
Since you sounded so certain, I booted up the Wii U to check again. I turned music and SFX volume to 0 and VFX volume all the way up, and she quite clearly says "You're mine!" and "My turn!" sometimes, which she didn't do before.

Last edited:

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
The reign of the Fire Emblem Empire has begun.
*nods*

With the Fair landing lag reduction and hitbox fixes, along with Dash Attack fixes... Ike seems to have some Fair to Dash Attack combos at certain percents. And Nair combos more consistently/longer out of Dtilt. And Nair combos into other things better/more consistently/longer.

In theory that would mean we have like, Dtilt -> Grab -> Uthrow -> Fair -> Dash Attack as a combo now...

Marth and Lucina have their new and vastly improved jabs and all of the combos those make

Roy is at least mid tier (if currently a bit overhyped)

Just need Robin to pick up the pace now.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
*nods*

With the Fair landing lag reduction and hitbox fixes, along with Dash Attack fixes... Ike seems to have some Fair to Dash Attack combos at certain percents. And Nair combos more consistently/longer out of Dtilt. And Nair combos into other things better/more consistently/longer.

In theory that would mean we have like, Dtilt -> Grab -> Uthrow -> Fair -> Dash Attack as a combo now...

Marth and Lucina have their new and vastly improved jabs and all of the combos those make

Roy is at least mid tier (if currently a bit overhyped)

Just need Robin to pick up the pace now.
I don't think we can dash attack at that angle, but the combo, punish, and CQC game have all evolved. I don't want to jump to any conclusions too fast, but I definitely think he's really good now.

Last edited:

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
The reign of the Fire Emblem Empire has begun.
Ike, Marth, and Roy are going to be great in this metagame, but no way you can call it a reign of a new empire when Ryu is now somebody that exists in Smash.

Last edited:

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Gentleman mechanics have changed for Diddy Kong. It used to be if you held down the A button it would do the 3 starting jabs and then the awkward tail jab. Now it stops on the last hit of the gentleman if you hold A. It will only do the tail jab if you press A again. I have only tested this on Diddy, but it may apply to other characters.
I'm trying it out between pre and post patch, and the core mechanics haven't changed. Pressing A three times for the three jabs results in a multijab unless you hold for the third jab for its entire duration. However, if you hold the A button for Jab 1 all the way to jab 3, he gentlemans with no issue unless you press A one more time before the FAF. It's really bad jab design, but I can't lock down anything changed in this patch about it.

Since you sounded so certain, I booted up the Wii U to check again. I turned music and SFX volume to 0 and VFX volume all the way up, and she quite clearly says "You're mine!" and "My turn!" sometimes, which she didn't do before.
Well hot damn, I countered moves for several minutes before doing one last round of tries. And only then she started saying both of those quotes.

Spearwing13

Smash Rookie
Can someone test Shiek's Dthrow. It feels like it has increased knockback scaling and sends at a different angle. Also Jigglypuff feels slower and more clunky in the air, but that might be from lack of use. Thanks

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
@ Shaya Shaya

Marth moves forward when doing consecutive Utilts (like how he moved forward with consecutive Dtilts in Brawl). I noticed this before but only just recently got a chance to try it pre-patch and I was right that he didn't do it pre-patch.

This probably happens because of the position of Marth's foot during his earlier IASA frame for Utilt.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I don't think we can dash attack at that angle, but the combo, punish, and CQC game have all evolved. I don't want to jump to any conclusions too fast, but I definitely think he's really good now.
Regenade seemed to think Fair to Dash Attack was possible at least

I should lab it up a bit later, see if I can get that work at all

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
@ Shaya Shaya

Marth moves forward when doing consecutive Utilts (like how he moved forward with consecutive Dtilts in Brawl). I noticed this before but only just recently got a chance to try it pre-patch and I was right that he didn't do it pre-patch.

This probably happens because of the position of Marth's foot during his earlier IASA frame for Utilt.
Correct; this is just confirming the improved IASA.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Regenade seemed to think Fair to Dash Attack was possible at least

I should lab it up a bit later, see if I can get that work at all
Oh, it does at mid %, at least on Link.

Last edited:

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Can someone test Shiek's Dthrow. It feels like it has increased knockback scaling and sends at a different angle. Also Jigglypuff feels slower and more clunky in the air, but that might be from lack of use. Thanks
No changes with Shiek's Dthrow angle or knockback. Dthrowed Mario at 100% on both versions, taking proper precautions for the AI not to make any sort of DI input. Mario landed in front of Shiek at the maximum Jab 1 range. on both versions. As for knockback, I was able to make use of this thread since I chose 3DS as my patched version of the game. It still kills Mario at precisely 377% (not factoring in DI).

TriTails

Smash Lord
Can anyone test 3DS blast zones?

Without DI, 1.0.7 sweetspotted Luigi U-smash would kill Mario at 121%. Now it's 120%. On Omega FD in the middle of the stage. Same for his unangled uncharged F-smash. If last patch was 116%, this time it's 115%.

Last edited:

Koro_Sensei

Smash Rookie
I think Villager's f-smash has been nerfed, though maybe I'm just missing something. I'm not as much of expert as many people here seem to be, so please point out if I'm missing something obvious. This wasn't my own gameplay, but still, it seemed off.

https://youtu.be/8bhrH62Wto4?t=87

Given these circumstances, shouldn't the Bowling Ball kill here? It's always been a really strong f-smash, and I would think it would kill here.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
I think Villager's f-smash has been nerfed, though maybe I'm just missing something. I'm not as much of expert as many people here seem to be, so please point out if I'm missing something obvious. This wasn't my own gameplay, but still, it seemed off.

https://youtu.be/8bhrH62Wto4?t=87

Given these circumstances, shouldn't the Bowling Ball kill here? It's always been a really strong f-smash, and I would think it would kill here.
You take less knockback when you're grounded.

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
Gentleman mechanics have changed for Diddy Kong. It used to be if you held down the A button it would do the 3 starting jabs and then the awkward tail jab. Now it stops on the last hit of the gentleman if you hold A. It will only do the tail jab if you press A again. I have only tested this on Diddy, but it may apply to other characters.
Deconfirming this, holding A always did the gentleman for Diddy. Diddy's jab was changed though, as the transition to rapid jab appears to be faster (I think this was confirmed?)

Last edited:

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Correct; this is just confirming the improved IASA.
I mean, not really. It's a byproduct of the IASA change but not at all expected. It should be mentioned separately.

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
Bug-fix: Link's super sped up Spin Attack when slipping off of a ledge during spin attack's start-up no longer occurs.

Referring to this:

That was fixed by making it so that Link is unable to slip off of a ledge during spin attack now.

Checking his frame data here to see if he got any frame changes.

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Bug-fix: Link's super sped up Spin Attack when slipping off of a ledge during spin attack's start-up no longer occurs.

Referring to this:

That was fixed by making it so that Link is unable to slip off of a ledge during spin attack now.

Checking his frame data here to see if he got any frame changes.
Lord William! I'm glad you're here. Do you plan on going through Marth's frame data? With Roy's frame data being so good and the FE characters getting such nice buffs I wouldn't be surprised if there is more we missed.

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
Lord William! I'm glad you're here. Do you plan on going through Marth's frame data? With Roy's frame data being so good and the FE characters getting such nice buffs I wouldn't be surprised if there is more we missed.
I'll be attempting to go through everyone's once I finish frame counting for Roy and Lucas (already finished putting together Ryu's earlier today). Will go through Link's first and then Marth's/Lucina's, and continue from there.

Last edited:

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
I'll be attempting to go through everyone's once I finish frame counting for Roy and Lucas. Will go through Link's first and then Marth's/Lucina's, and continue from there.
Sweet thanks, will you be updating your current google sheet document or starting a new one?

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
What's funny is that those clips have been in the game. You could hear them in sound test. I guess they forgot to program her to say the clips until now.
Right yeah and I mention this before but it apparently wasn't significant enough for the first page. I wish they would bring back the stuff Marth used to say during his counter in previous games. If you knew what he was saying it was awesome. But no, they are stuck in the sound test.

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
Right yeah and I mention this before but it apparently wasn't significant enough for the first page. I wish they would bring back the stuff Marth used to say during his counter in previous games. If you knew what he was saying it was awesome. But no, they are stuck in the sound test.
Wait, are ALL of Marth's Japanese quotes stuck in the sound test? I, for one, miss his normal "Twaach" when using his up-b back in Melee, but if the Japanese have been stuck in the sound test this whole time, I'll also be really sad. :(

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Wait, are ALL of Marth's Japanese quotes stuck in the sound test? I, for one, miss his normal "Twaach" when using his up-b back in Melee, but if the Japanese have been stuck in the sound test this whole time, I'll also be really sad. :(
That one isn't there. Pretty much the only unused ones in his sound test are the counter phrases from Melee and Brawl. But anyway, this is off-topic

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Okay, good morning team!

What have I missed?
- Ike Uair, Fair, Dair less landing lag
- Sonic down air ending lag reduced, Up smash KO power reduced
- Marth/lucina up tilt moves forward due to IASA change rather than animation changes
- Falco fair has less landing lag? ? ?
- Diddy has better jab mechanics so he can easier use 3rd hit without entering multi jab ??? Confirmations?
- MK ftilt range/hitboxes buffed (was a rumour); can anyone confirm this properly?
- olimar pikmin order from ledge grabs no longer reversed (Bug fix I'm guessing)
- Mewtwo's side special (confusion) 'throws' people closer (stopping platform tech chases on battlefield /etc) [is this right?]
- Greninja ftilt has a sour spot now? The person who mentioned that + the video quality made it confusing.

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
@ Shaya Shaya Right but only consecutive Utilts. You'd move forward at the start of the 2nd Utilt

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
If we get data dumps it'll be interesting, it'll likely be the first actual IASA 'change' thus far. Everything else has been frame rate modifications.
As the only reason he's stepping forward is because he would normally step back into his original position within the last 3 frames of the move, but etc etc.

Actually, so up tilt into ... fsmash (or any move), that doesn't put them more forward?

Last edited:

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Okay, good morning team!

What have I missed?
- Ike Uair, Fair, Dair less landing lag
- Sonic down air ending lag reduced, Up smash KO power reduced
- Marth/lucina up tilt moves forward due to IASA change rather than animation changes
- Falco fair has less landing lag? ? ?
- Diddy has better jab mechanics so he can easier use 3rd hit without entering multi jab ??? Confirmations?
- MK ftilt range/hitboxes buffed (was a rumour); can anyone confirm this properly?
- olimar pikmin order from ledge grabs no longer reversed (Bug fix I'm guessing)
- Mewtwo's side special (confusion) 'throws' people closer (stopping platform tech chases on battlefield /etc) [is this right?]
- Greninja ftilt has a sour spot now? The person who mentioned that + the video quality made it confusing.
I'm pretty sure Charizard's jab has changed. In 1.0, Charizard's full jab combo doesn't combo properly on some characters like Captain Falcon, but it does now. Can someone confirm this?

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Okay, good morning team!

No change. Diddy's jab mechanics are very weird (possibly bugged) compared to other members of the cast. But the point I was trying to make earlier is that there's no change to them from this patch, other than the faster jab 3 that we already made note of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom