• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Low tier mains(serious topic)CLOSE PLZ. not gonna maintian and I have what I need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonas

Smash Champion
Amarada is an amazing kirby player HOWEVER if a fox played to win he would EASILY win most people can easily movement camp kirby so it's impossible to EVER land a hit.
You never get tired of talking about how bad Kirby is, do you? :laugh:
Low tiers suck, we know that, but some players play them really effectively, even if they don't win with them.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
no one has as good of OOS options as boswser does no matter what you say. no one has as Fast of a JDC as yoshi(counting FF here) nor that kind of sheild.

Must memebers of the cast lack a move as spamable and safe as nair for pichu nor that great of L-cancels (smaus does have overall better ones but lacks uses), and a great recovery and up-B is amazing for mindgames nor does anyone have as amazing of a mindgame combo as his thunder combos.

no one sucks as much as kirby no one has that big of a head as ness and etc. everyone has something different that can be good or/and bad all at the same time as fox I don't have to laser camp I don't have to always SHFFL for my main approach it's a choice there are different ways to play as everyone.

I like most members of the cast but pichu gives me more of what I want than anyone less and I can base how I play basiced of gettiing the tools I wanted.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
no one has as good of OOS options as boswser does no matter what you say. no one has as Fast of a JDC as yoshi(counting FF here) nor that kind of sheild.

Must memebers of the cast lack a move as spamable and safe as nair for pichu nor that great of L-cancels (smaus does have overall better ones but lacks uses), and a great recovery and up-B is amazing for mindgames nor does anyone have as amazing of a mindgame combo as his thunder combos.

no one sucks as much as kirby no one has that big of a head as ness and etc. everyone has something different that can be good or/and bad all at the same time as fox I don't have to laser camp I don't have to always SHFFL for my main approach it's a choice there are different ways to play as everyone.

I like most members of the cast but pichu gives me more of what I want than anyone less and I can base how I play basiced of gettiing the tools I wanted.

you may not be a top player, but i do have to agree with you on that. Pichu is a million times better than kirby. Kirby is like... horrible...

rhan

Smash Hero
For Young LInk you definitely want to watch either Laijin, TRC, and D20. Maybe me if you want another player to watch.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
lol BunBun repping dat kirby

edit:

Dude, put Sethlon under Roy immediately

ShadyMilkman

Smash Apprentice
Is anyone else amazed at how many superlatives are attached to low tier characters? Like Pichu being the second quickest (not fastest) character in the game after Fox and having (I read this somewhere a long time ago, correct me if I'm wrong) the fastest reacting shield in the game. Plus Yoshi's amazing shield. Luigi's wavedash. (Mid tier, but w/e) etc etc...

Amazing how the all seem to have that one thing about them that's "the best" in the game, yet on the whole, they don't perform well.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
^^ That is because no single attribute is all powerful. It's the total package that counts.

Vts

Smash Champion
I'm kind of a low tier main...

i play a lot of kirby and mewtwo.

even beat some people in money matches with them kirby vs marth and we won't go into the details of who i play against.
heres a hint it rhymes with funfun :D

stupid iori and bunbun making me play fun but bad characters lol.

over all solo popo should be on the list also cus he is allowed at low tier tournaments then you can put me on that :D.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
bunbun is good I don't know if he's the best. But he doesn't suck.

also sopo is like mid tier better than mario sopo's grab game is about as good, same for recovery if not better.

Oracle

Smash Master
Is anyone else amazed at how many superlatives are attached to low tier characters? Like Pichu being the second quickest (not fastest) character in the game after Fox and having (I read this somewhere a long time ago, correct me if I'm wrong) the fastest reacting shield in the game. Plus Yoshi's amazing shield. Luigi's wavedash. (Mid tier, but w/e) etc etc...

Amazing how the all seem to have that one thing about them that's "the best" in the game, yet on the whole, they don't perform well.
The only reason that's true (other than yoshi's "amazing" shield XD) is because most low tiers have a couple exploitable flaws. For example, Zelda has one of the best fairs/bairs in the game because you can use it on both sides and it's quick and powerful if you can space it. But she's slow and has a retardedly slow grab so anyone can just shield pressure her until she's forced to run away. People can try to work around these flaws but usually they're too obvious and exploitable.

Kirby still sucks but he almost goes even with captain falcon, especially if he doesn't know the matchup *waits for pink reaper to explain why falcon still wins* Same with pikachu and falcon

also disappointed that fumi was only mentioned twice. I feel old ._.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Just know whatever low tier you use, will most likley have an uphill battle. for instance, link is a popular low tier character (my main) but his nightmare matchups are fox and sheik. Falco is meh difficulty, and every else in the game can be "dealt" with. you'll always have one or two impossible match ups (litterally) for a low tier. and you will HAVE to be a lot better than your opponent to win

ShadyMilkman

Smash Apprentice
I think I just died a little inside.

Yoshi's shield is terrible. Like, the worst shield in the game (except maybe G&W's).

I'm pretty sure Falcon is faster than Pichu as well btw.
Quick =/= Fast. I'm referring to start-up time on the dash coupled with the actual speed.

and Yoshi's shield has its advantages. Stays up during roll and doesn't reduce in size. Guess I should be more clear on that. I'm pretty sure it's the only shield in the game that always covers the entire character.

vZakat

Half Genie
Well, for Roy you can look at Neo, Exarch, Sethlon, and I guess myself. I don't know if I would consider myself on par with the other players I listed but I am pretty good. Some people like REED's and Ninjalink's Roys but I don't like them that much for some reason. That's just my personal opinion though.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Quick =/= Fast. I'm referring to start-up time on the dash coupled with the actual speed.

and Yoshi's shield has its advantages. Stays up during roll and doesn't reduce in size. Guess I should be more clear on that. I'm pretty sure it's the only shield in the game that always covers the entire character.
Pretty sure that quick is synonymous with fast actually.

Yoshi's shield has advantages, yes, that isn't what you said. You said Yoshi's AMAZING shield. You know, the one you can't do anything out of shield. ANYTHING.

That's like, one of his MAJOR weaknesses.

D

Deleted member

the best roys to have touched that character are ken azen neo sethlon ninjalink and myself. m2k's roy isn't that good he's just good at smash in a general sense and roy has good movement and it transfers well. of the 6 that i listed, neo's was definitely the best by a decent margin.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I'm sad I'm not mentioned for roy :(

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
there's no love from haters ripple.

Your better than any marth I have ever played not counting m2k because yeah.

also roy messed with me because your forced to play worlds smarter like no random f-smashes and it's harder to bait ****.

BEES

Smash Lord
the best roys to have touched that character are ken azen neo sethlon ninjalink and myself. m2k's roy isn't that good he's just good at smash in a general sense and roy has good movement and it transfers well. of the 6 that i listed, neo's was definitely the best by a decent margin.
While it was only two matches, M2K's Roy looks better than Neo's IMO. Neo hasn't played since 2007, Sethlon quit Melee, and the Roy boards have been dead for the last 3 years. M2K is the only video evidence I've seen of someone advancing the character since then.

ShadyMilkman

Smash Apprentice
Pretty sure that quick is synonymous with fast actually.

Yoshi's shield has advantages, yes, that isn't what you said. You said Yoshi's AMAZING shield. You know, the one you can't do anything out of shield. ANYTHING.

That's like, one of his MAJOR weaknesses.
That's why I said that I should have been more clear. The "amazing" in my post also wasn't bolded and capitalized, either.

And no, quick is never synonymous with fast in any sport. They are too very, very different things. Ex.: In their prime years, Jason Kidd ran a faster 40 than Allen Iverson. AI, however, is much quicker. Captain Falcon is the fastest running character in the game. He's nowhere close to the quickest.

We're grasping at straws at this point. The topic's already introduced, discussed, and closed. Let's just let it go.

strawhats

Smash Master
Lol I totally forgot that umbreon contributed to roy's metagame. Also Neo was the best roy ever by a considerale margin followed by sethlon and ninjalink. Lol @ ken using roy, azen using him isn't surprising( master of diversity). Ripple's roy is pretty ****. Exarch was pritty gud too.

T0MMY

Smash Master
I used to have to face players like Zhu's Falco with Pichu back in the day. Still, beat everyone in Pichu dittos, didn't matter if it was KDJ or Delphiki.

I think vids of my Pichu from last tourney might get uploaded, I went to grand finals.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
roy-sethlon, exarch, ripple, neo, cactuar

pichu-cactuar

gaw- cactuar(beat jmans sheik in tourney before)

link-ultimascout, HDL(look up his set vs armada)

vanz plays mad low tiers like young link, zelda, ect

cactuar is easily the best roy player right now

cjugs

Smash Ace
Link is probably the most popular low tier and he is fun to play as. I think the BEST low tier character is pika mostly because of his jump speed so he can do stuff oos and hes fast unlike link. ylink is also a cool choice but idk. yoshi is not fun at all he has no recovery and no shield its frusterating. Although keep in mind all these low tiers are probably going to be easily CGed.

Among new players, Link is the most popular character, at least back in the day. (Zelda fans)

Ever since like near the beginning this year, Zelda has gotten more popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom