• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Louie's Notes-Olimar Q&A Thread!!

Dnyce

Smash Master
Yeah because I'd actually do that ;P

I'm talking about me not you (h)
I actually read something similar about being able to b-reverse with the c-stick... while still having the c-stick set to smash... but I don't think the mechanics will work the same for grabbing since most people dacus a similar way =/

*is still confused at what you're saying*

Cook

Smash Master
As if doing a smash=hitting the buttons at the same time, like how you hit a+direction at the same time to do a smash attack.

Blissard

Smash Lord
But I understand. And that's all that matters.

Also...can you usmash oos without tap jump? I now feel insanely dumb for asking, but I've never done it before, lol.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
But I understand. And that's all that matters.

Also...can you usmash oos without tap jump? I now feel insanely dumb for asking, but I've never done it before, lol.
Yes. You hit the jump button, then slide your finger to A at the same time you smash the control stick up

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Or you can just press whatever you use for jump and up on the cstick immediately. But I always keep tap jump on anyways, so all I have to do is press up and up on the cstick. It's so easy. :)

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Tarzaning is using the swing from pikmin chain to sling Olimar up through stages with transparent floors, such as Brinstar, the moving part of Delfino, or hte Moving part of Halberd. You pikmin chain at the farthest distance you can from the ledge, and as soon as you reach around the bottom and start to go up towards the stage, you tap down to break the chain and immediately jump and you can pop up through the middle of the stage. If you do it really well, you can actually tarzan to the other side below the stage and use another chain to tether to the other ledge, lol. But its best use is in popping up through the center. The reason you can't do it with tap jump on is because you'll, most of the time, use your second jump up when you first tether to the ledge, and if you don't have your second jump and you try to tarzan, you just die.

Slain Avenger

Smash Ace
Oh yeah, I like to use this in halberd, but I kinda just like swing and Tether again under the middle of the stage cause it puts you in a standing position without lag and confuses your opponent since they think you're going back to the ledge

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
But it's not that hard to slightly tilt up on your control stick to perform an upb...

Also I'd like to see a vid of tarzaning if there is one, I want to see it in action. :3

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Alright, I don't have anything to record a video with but I'll get on it I guess. Don't tell me you didn't know about it though, Zori. X:

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
What characters are you wanting a counter for and what characters are you interested in? This is more of a personal question because you shouldn't try to seriously play a character you don't really like.

Dnyce

Smash Master
What would be a good secondary character to learn with Olimar?

I will never learn MK..... ever (too lame).
I remember when people in KC used to say that (including myself)... ohhh they good ole days.

L :shyguy: :shyguy:

all but one of us actually kept to our word XD

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I meant that Marth is an awful character.
You are wrong. He is easy to use improperly due to the seemingly simplicity of his playstyle, but when played with the same attention to detail and precision that is required of other character he can be quite lethal and effective.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
No don't ledge camp, lol. Just make sure you aren't standing next to him for more than a second. It's not that hard, Dajay's just trolling.

Top Bottom