• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Louie's Notes-Olimar Q&A Thread!!

Dnyce

Smash Master
Ally Certainly did not sand bag against me and certainly does not when were playing for 20$
I said the stickies were worthless because at the moment i was looking for a updated list of ATs which i could not find

And ill be sure to win beat this time at Vc9
*bookmarked for when you lose*

Why are you looking for an AT list in Brawl? If you're as good as you claim, you should know better.

Die !

Smash Cadet

*bookmarked for when you lose*

Why are you looking for an AT list in Brawl? If you're as good as you claim, you should know better.
If I lose I lose, can't do anything about it.

Also I'm looking for an AT list because I have no clue how olimar plays since NY has next to none, there is also things like De Synching Pikmin which i do not know how to do.

Dnyce

Smash Master
If I lose I lose, can't do anything about it.
It's like you're already admitting defeat... lol

Also I'm looking for an AT list because I have no clue how olimar plays since NY has next to none, there is also things like De Synching Pikmin which i do not know how to do.
Yeah, I mean... it's not like NY only has one of the best olimars in the nation or anything... dumb*** (loldabuz <3). There's also ponty and a few other people who play olimar on the side.

Desyncing isn't an AT. Thanks for proving my point earlier in the social thread.

Olimar doesn't have ATs, he has dumb mechanics/programming that both work for him and against him, neither of which you have a whole lot of control over.

Die !

Smash Cadet

It's like you're already admitting defeat... lol

Yeah, I mean... it's not like NY only has one of the best olimars in the nation or anything... dumb*** (loldabuz <3). There's also ponty and a few other people who play olimar on the side.

Desyncing isn't an AT. Thanks for proving my point earlier in the social thread.

Olimar doesn't have ATs, he has dumb mechanics/programming that both work for him and against him, neither of which you have a whole lot of control over.
Admitting defeat on the internet, do you think i have a problem with that ?

1 good olimar does not change the fact that Ny still had next to none, and neither do the few that play him on the side.

I thought people consider De-Synching as an AT since I've seen some people have, also in the guide you linked me to De Synching is Under AT's.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Admitting defeat on the internet, do you think i have a problem with that ?

1 good olimar does not change the fact that Ny still had next to none, and neither do the few that play him on the side.

I thought people consider De-Synching as an AT since I've seen some people have, also in the guide you linked me to De Synching is Under AT's.
Aight, lemme know when you can do it on command. No Olimar main in the world has yet to be able to do it for figure out how to consistently. Closest you can get to it is a JC usmash OoS, which seems to be a crap shoot on whether or not it works (really technical and advanced if you ask me... tripping is also an AT if you didn't know).

I'm done, have fun playing olimar for a week and then going back to metaknight or rage-quitting

Die !

Smash Cadet

Aight, lemme know when you can do it on command. No Olimar main in the world has yet to be able to do it for figure out how to consistently. Closest you can get to it is a JC usmash OoS, which seems to be a crap shoot on whether or not it works (really technical).

I'm done, have fun playing olimar for a week and then going back to metaknight or rage-quitting
Just Because its hard to perform does not make it any less of an AT.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Just Because its hard to perform does not make it any less of an AT.
Apparently, having no control over it means hard to perform (editing quote ftw). Thanks for letting me know. I thought I was done, but this was too ******** to ignore. lmao

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Fino, Die, please stop. There's no need for this at all. I'll respond more about stuff in a bit, Die. Just wanted to say that before it went on anymore. Busy atm.

Alright, you're going to want to learn how to up smash out of shield. Normally if you wanted to up smash after being in a shield, you'd have to sit through seven frames of shield drop lag. However there's a way to cancel your shield with a jump, and then cancel your jump with an up smash. In order to do it, hold a shield and tilt it up (slightly tilting up the control stick. Then hit jump (X is best for it) and then immediately A.It's best to slide your thumb from one to the other. Most attacks that hit your shield can be punished by this if the opponent is in range.

Everything else related to Olimar is going to be small things that are either going to leave you confused or pissed off. There aren't any other ATs that you'll need to learn for a long, long while.

Also this.

Die !

Smash Cadet

Apparently, having no control over it means hard to perform (editing quote ftw). Thanks for letting me know. I thought I was done, but this was too ******** to ignore. lmao
Still, does not make it any less of a Tech and according to your own Guide, it was under a list of At's
Try Again.

Also Thank you Hilt

Dnyce

Smash Master
Throwing pikmin on someone and grabbing them is also considered an AT in that guide. I guess "written mostly by yours truely" means I wrote everything in there amirite?

Try again.

Die !

Smash Cadet
Throwing pikmin on someone and grabbing them is also considered an AT in that guide. I guess "written mostly by yours truely" means I wrote everything in there amirite?

Try again.
Then get someone to update the guide or alert someone to, also I don't know anything about olimar except simple so when you suggest a guide for me to read and knowing that I am new to olimar im clearly going to believe since "your truly" and friends wrote it.

Also fix truely. (Just thought i should tell you that since your such a fantastic grammar nazi) oh and take your own advise and Learn2English

Dnyce

Smash Master
Then get someone to update the guide or alert someone to, also I don't know anything about olimar except simple so when you suggest a guide for me to read and knowing that I am new to olimar im clearly going to believe since "your truly" and friends wrote it.

Also fix truely. (Just thought i should tell you that since your such a fantastic grammar nazi) oh and take your own advise and Learn2English
Guide hasn't been updated for over a year.

Being a self-proclaimed top player (capable of almost beating ally), you should know not only just the basics, but most tactics past the fundamentals.

It's funny cause, you've corrected my grammar more than I have corrected your completely unreadable posts. Who's the grammar nazi again? :awesome:

Die !

Smash Cadet

Guide hasn't been updated for over a year.

Being a self-proclaimed top player (capable of almost beating ally), you should know not only just the basics, but most tactics past the fundamentals.

It's funny cause, you've corrected my grammar more than I have corrected your completely unreadable posts. Who's the grammar nazi again? :awesome:
Then get someone to update it hurp.

Lol no, Ill ask ally at Vc9 and ask, do you know anything about olimar or any of his At's
You can Expect his resp.

Also Im not correcting you, im pointing things out seeing as that your the one who told me to learn to english, yet you don't even use your own advise ?

Also i thought you said you were done ?

You can't even keep your word on the internet, that's sad

you guys keep making grammatical errors while correcting each other lol
What's so funny, am I the one going around telling people to "Learn2English" and then not using english properly ?

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
It doesn't beat it. Marth's fair still has more range and comes out three frames earlier. But it can surprise him and mess up his spacing, which is important.

Asa

Smash Hero
i noticed that japanese olimars are pretty fixated on a redless lineup

what is the opinon of other olimars on this subject?

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I've always ditched reds. I'll oftentimes have 1 around in my line, which is fine, and pay attention to where it is always in my line. Not saying reds are bad, they just aren't really universal like blues are. But this is completely opinionated. Certain Olimars like Dabooty really like reds.

Asa

Smash Hero
for the peach matchup, would reds have more weight in the lineup as opposed to blues, since most of the time you won't be landing grabs anyway?

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Yeah, they would. Reds and Yellows would be better than blues, but blues are still really solid. Like if reds were given a 10/10 rating for aerials, blues still have a 8 or 9/10. Their damage and knockback really aren't that big of a drop.

PSI.kick

Smash Lord
Getting a banana chucked at my face. WHISTLE!!

Then get someone to update it hurp.
...derp. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=292202
isnt looking fun?

you guys keep making grammatical errors while correcting each other lol
:troll: i had fun reading this whole thing.

Bro quit trolling bro, It's gonna upset the cake in the oven bro
Hold the phone broski, who the **** got pregnant?

The best way to get better with Olimar is to ask questions. Learning him on your own isn't going to be easy at all, and you aren't going to be able to get much info on the character except from people that have either played him for a long time and a small group of others that got the information directly from us.
indubitably.

oh yeah i got a question:
all pikmin have the same frame data right? are there any moves that have differences in frames between one color and the next?

also what color/throws have hurt boxes around oli (for teams) like pika's fthrow. i know yellow and i think red does too, is dthrow the only one?

+1'd

Dnyce

Smash Master
oh yeah i got a question:
all pikmin have the same frame data right? are there any moves that have differences in frames between one color and the next?
I believe yellow and white uair are different than the others, but I think that's it.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
All pikmin have the same startup and cooldown for all attacks. The only things that change are hitstun, hitlag, and shield stun. All colors have a hitbox near Olimar for dthrow, but not for the other throws.

Asa

Smash Hero
to punish landings, rolls, and spot dodges

to punish an opponent's attempt to counterattack an usmash that hit their shield and knocked them back a little bit

if you have a free moment, it's goo to use to manage your pikmin lineup

Top Bottom