• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Louie's Notes-Olimar Q&A Thread!!

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
You should be buffering everything 99% of the time. Only in rare cases is buffering bad, like Ike accidently buffering a nair offstage after being pushed off.

Dajayman

Buffering can make a huge difference. It can be the difference between getting grabbed after an autocanceled aerial or buffering a spotdodge after the ac aerial and avoiding the grab.

Dajayman

Peach's aerials **** pikmin priority and she has a tough close combat game on Olimar. And her a** distracts me when I play against her.

Jane

Smash Hero
well since no one has given a clear answer to wayne i'll do it

and, voc, peach isnt "just weird". she has a clear advantage over us. if you play a good peach its not "just difficult at first". you have to play near perfect if you want to do well against a good peach. peach has very small windows for punishment. and meanwhile she can dance around our tricks without breaking a sweat.

anyways, here are the three main reasons peach is so good against us.

* She can float.
The fact that she can float means she can approach us without having to worry about our grab. our grab is sooo important, the fact that she can just eliminate that option by floating slightly above the ground really hurts.

* She has a two frame jab.
As if floating wasnt bad enough, she can (usually) land on top of us after hitting us or our shield with an aerial safely with jab. the only thing we can punish is a floating dair (IF she doesnt pull back as she does the dair) with an upsmash out of shield. everything else she can land as she hits and then jab. or grab. or dsmash.

* Shes a beast edgeguarder.
Not only does she have turnips to snipe us with after we get hit off of the stage, but she can float out there and react to what we do, or if we're far enough she can just float very close to the edge for the easiest edgeguard ever.

peach isnt an impossible matchup. but it is hard. especially if the peach knows how to push you offstage. one of my regular training partners is a (very skilled) peach main, and he literally takes 90% of my stocks by not allowing me to recover. so yeah, you have to be very careful, try to make as little mistakes as possible, DI everything well, know how to space fairs, and know when to punish.

Jane

Smash Hero
na, red fairs are like a gift of jesus in this matchup. yellows are good too though.

you just gotta remember our fair comes out faster than her fair. so as long as your spacing is on point, you should be able to pop the fair off before her. her nair is faster but if you get hit by it then you're not spacing very well are you? ;D

Dnyce

Smash Master
You have to play near perfect if you want to do well against a good peach.
False, I play like **** sometimes and I still hold my own against Nic0le (who practically lives with co0k and is considered one of the best peaches ;o).

one of my regular training partners is a (very skilled) peach main, and he literally takes 90% of my stocks by not allowing me to recover.
Sounds like a personal problem =/

Though, your three reasons aren't "why peach is good against us:... they're "why she even has a chance to come close to beating us" ;o

Jane

Smash Hero
i do trust that kneecole is a good peach, but what credentials does she have to be considered "one of the best"?

yeah it might be a personal problem lol. i need to improve my DI. but still, peach is one of the best at edgeguarding us

edit- and yeah, saying "near perfect" might be a bit of a stretch, as that is all relative to the two players' skill

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
i do trust that kneecole is a good peach, but what credentials does she have to be considered "one of the best"?

yeah it might be a personal problem lol. i need to improve my DI. but still, peach is one of the best at edgeguarding us

edit- and yeah, saying "near perfect" might be a bit of a stretch, as that is all relative to the two players' skill
I'm pretty sure she placed better than any of the other Peaches at one of the MLGs

Dajayman

It doesn't matter anyways, Peaches don't place high because of MK. Best way to beat Peach, pray for MK players to wreck them in bracket. XD

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
What? Seriously King Beef is better than Nicole, lol. Not trolling at all. Nicole's really good, but I'd have to say Beef's a better player over all. At least I think so, haha

Noa.

Smash Master
There is not clear top Peach cause no Peach player performs on an outstanding level. They all tend to perform well within their regions, but there still isn't a top player placing amazingly with Peach. So it's just like a small handful of players who are decent with Peach but saying that one is the clear best is impossible.

I would say Nicole is "one of the best" but not THE best. Same with King Beef, Kyon, etc.

Also Peach has a slight advantage since she has more leeway in terms of making mistakes than Olimar.

Slain Avenger

Smash Ace
How much of a priority do you guys think it is to pay attention to order of pikmin on your pikmin line? I do so carefully at high percents to make sure I get the right pikmin for the kill, but at low percents I sorta just spam them :/

Dajayman

It's usually easy for me to know the pikmin order since I'm always whistling and if I know the next pikmin I'll easily know the next ones because of whistle organizing them rybwp.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
It's extremely important, and you'll need to, eventually, be able to pay attention to your line at all times. It takes awhile until you're able to subconsciously do it, though.

PSI.kick

Smash Lord
Getting a banana chucked at my face. WHISTLE!!
If i try to think about my line too much i'll usually screw up a lot, so i just keep track of purples that i have until higher percents when i pay more attention... I still need to work on that :ohwell:

But like hilt said it's very important.
Oh yeah and what's the second strongest color for smashes? it's either red or blue but i don't know.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
It's red. And yeah, for awhile you may wanna just pay attention to purples and how many you have. And then whites. And then another color, etc. Work your way up.

Dajayman

Reds and blues are my favorite. Red because they **** at aerials and smashes and they have teh phyree! And I like blues because they're **** with throws and are still pretty good at everything else.

I effin' hate whites though...

Jane

Smash Hero
two imo. grabbing with whites works well too, as long as you remember to always pummel with them. it also allows you to follow up at higher percents

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Yeah, but it's better to just throw them. That way when you're put in a bad spot, you don't have to grab with them. I usually just make sure that whenever I see a white coming up, I'm in a position to chuck it. I'd rather grab with something better.

Top Bottom