• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lone Star Circuit Championships! FULL RESULTS & Razer vs Dabuz 100$ MM results!!!!!!!

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
49: Slush==:yoshi2: Stupid seeding and bracket mishaps lol. Xyro was just afraid of a low tier that wasn't him making it far in bracket ^.-

Uggg, don't remind me of the weird seeding. I think i'd rather be unlucky like Zano and not even participate in the tournament instead of being seeded oddly and getting ***** cause of it.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
The car ride to LSC felt like this

but

the car ride home felt like this....

milesg2g

Smash Champion
I'm kinda upset, to find out that most boring weekend of my college life was spent with me being so bored, that i logged on to FB and saw a FB post from Atomsk only to find the link, and ask myself "what tourney is this?" Now i know it was in Tx and I'm just pissed.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Yes, but I didn't have time to upload them last night. I'll get to doubles + amateur bracket on Wednesday after my Midterm.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
@Illmatic I'm so confused why u hate mk so much. It looks to me like u did really well against Havok. EVERY time u died u could have survived with better DI. When Mk hits u DI diagonal up most of the time.

Smash is a mental game. After u lost yer second stock(by the way u put yerself in that dangerous situation!) it is easy to see that havok wanted to use his lead to get more % on you as he went aggro. I'm surprised cuz from what I know he usually sits back and camps. He didn't tho.

U on the other hand obviously wanted to even the score after being down a stock and went aggro. If u read that havok was not camping u could have played a bait and punish game and punished his aggro.

Just my friendly advice. If you use the excuse it's just mk u wont get better. I used to just blame it on mk myself back in the day. But u must look at what u did. I saw a whole lot more. Like alot of times after u got hit u would immediately retry and attack him. That is not a good thing to do in brawl as most of the time the person going aggro is at a disadvantage. And good players always bait that. After u get hit, space so that the situation is reset to where u can control the game.

Last note* Every character has a unique bait game that they can play. U obviously have some baits with peach as u are a top peach player. But there are also baits that every character can do. One example is running up and shielding and punishing what they do after. I never saw u do this once. The only thing a character can do to punish this is get a grab. But if u do get grabbed then back away and reset the situation don't try to immediately go aggro. Commentators always talk how i get grabbed against certain characters but that is the punish i want on me rather than a smash attack or something else. If u bait a mk correctly u can get heavy punishes on them. Most of them tornado, fair, nair, or up B. Be ready for that. It's like a game of rock paper scissors but with more variables lol. Gosh I wish Nairo vs me was up so I could show u :(

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
*Super quick lazy all encompassing shoutout here incoming*

Definitely one of the best tournament experiences I've had

Shoutouts to all of Texas for being chill and fun to hang out with
Shoutouts to all of Texas, some of Socal, and M2K for coaching every player against me
Shoutouts to Havok for losing to olimar on Brinstar
Shoutouts to the ultimate fundraiser :p (JK, your phenomenal razer)
Shoutouts to the music on every hacked wii except Tearbear's
Shoutouts to tripping

Shoutouts to the legion of olimars at this tournament
Shoutouts to the slowest and most mentally draining tournament I have ever experienced

Shoutouts to huge pumpkin pancakes for $6

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
@Illmatic I'm so confused why u hate mk so much. It looks to me like u did really well against Havok. EVERY time u died u could have survived with better DI. When Mk hits u DI diagonal up most of the time.

Smash is a mental game. After u lost yer second stock(by the way u put yerself in that dangerous situation!) it is easy to see that havok wanted to use his lead to get more % on you as he went aggro. I'm surprised cuz from what I know he usually sits back and camps. He didn't tho.

U on the other hand obviously wanted to even the score after being down a stock and went aggro. If u read that havok was not camping u could have played a bait and punish game and punished his aggro.

Just my friendly advice. If you use the excuse it's just mk u wont get better. I used to just blame it on mk myself back in the day. But u must look at what u did. I saw a whole lot more. Like alot of times after u got hit u would immediately retry and attack him. That is not a good thing to do in brawl as most of the time the person going aggro is at a disadvantage. And good players always bait that. After u get hit, space so that the situation is reset to where u can control the game.

Last note* Every character has a unique bait game that they can play. U obviously have some baits with peach as u are a top peach player. But there are also baits that every character can do. One example is running up and shielding and punishing what they do after. I never saw u do this once. The only thing a character can do to punish this is get a grab. But if u do get grabbed then back away and reset the situation don't try to immediately go aggro. Commentators always talk how i get grabbed against certain characters but that is the punish i want on me rather than a smash attack or something else. If u bait a mk correctly u can get heavy punishes on them. Most of them tornado, fair, nair, or up B. Be ready for that. It's like a game of rock paper scissors but with more variables lol. Gosh I wish Nairo vs me was up so I could show u :(
yeah, i basically agree with a lot of this

game one, i was trying to throw havok off a bit... then Peach had no recovery options
game two, i basically gave up because game three I would have lost

it's a ****ty attitude to have, but it's the truth.. i've come to the realization like a month ago

if you don't win game one, you lose

z00ted

But seriously, can someone tell me how to avoid this
Like it seems impossible on the ledge when I get thrown offstage.

http://youtu.be/WmQGt7wRmvU#t=1m53s

After getting double d-smashed out of my ground float upon landing the shuttle loop beat everything I could have done (it eats my airdodge) when i tried to get back the dtilt covered my options after that he just threw in another downsmash because i got hit spotdodged the dtilt.

I parasol'd directly under him and was naired, then i tried the peach bomb... but you can see what happens there. If I would have tried for a parasol again I would have just continued to take damage.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Alright, I need a few things ascertained. I need some answers:
- Was there any payout to Amateur Bracket?
- If these payouts are incorrect, would you please point them out?
- Tearbear, I know you have this habit of using every character under the sun at some tournies, so if you used anyone other than MK in Pro Bracket ONLY, not Amateur Bracket, please let me know? If it turns out there was a payout to Amateur Bracket, then please let me know of the characters you used there, as well.

78 Entrants
$10 Entry Fee
Pot Split: 44 - 22 - 16 - 10 - 6 - 6 - 3 - 3

1: M2k==:metaknight: ($343.20)
2: Gnes==:diddy: ($171.60)
3: TearBear==:metaknight: ($124.80)
4: Dabuz==:olimar: ($78)
5: Trela==:lucario: ($46.80)
5: MikeHaze==:marth: ($46.80)
7: Dojo==:metaknight: ($23.40)
7: Havok==:metaknight:/:snake: ($23.40)

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
@Illmatic - Well remember what I said. Smash is a mental game. So having a bad attitude is only hurting yourself and u won't reach your top potential with that. Currently, I am training my mental game in singles for apex. Right now I don't like it and don't do what it takes to win all the time like play patient enuff in certain situations, like towards the end of the game which is a crucial point. But I notice when I do have my mindset correct, I win most of the time. My goal at apex for singles is to make it out of pools so, I need to get that in check. (For dubs it is to win of course hehe ;) )

Work on having a positive attitude and think how u can play better.
Some players just make excuses like blaming their loss on Mk. Others are cocky and think that they have reached a certain level that if they lose, there is just some weird reason other than themselves.

Don't be like them and u will go far. That's why the pro-ban argument disgust me so cuz it shows alot of people's mentality. I have matchups where characters have infinites on me and I still don't blame a loss on that. I look at a way to overcome it. An infinite is way worse than mk lol, so what do i look like crying over him.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
But seriously, can someone tell me how to avoid this
Like it seems impossible on the ledge when I get thrown offstage.

http://youtu.be/WmQGt7wRmvU#t=1m53s

After getting double d-smashed out of my ground float upon landing the shuttle loop beat everything I could have done (it eats my airdodge) when i tried to get back the dtilt covered my options after that he just threw in another downsmash because i got hit spotdodged the dtilt.

I parasol'd directly under him and was naired, then i tried the peach bomb... but you can see what happens there. If I would have tried for a parasol again I would have just continued to take damage.
EXACTLY! U got it illmatic. Taking damage is better than dying. U should have parasol'd again. U probably would have gotten hit but u di up with it so u have better spacing to get back on the stage. Taking % is better than dying and that is the key to top level play no matter what character u are facing. Instead of taking % u died at 67%. That is not good.

Watch this. It is old but see how I di anti's attacks to get back on the stage. And based on his spacing is how I recover. If read that he is ready to gimp me or grab the ledge I recover using the safest option which causes me to get % but I survive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oXbbnYJDR4

z00ted

@Illmatic - Well remember what I said. Smash is a mental game. So having a bad attitude is only hurting yourself and u won't reach your top potential with that. Currently, I am training my mental game in singles for apex. Right now I don't like it and don't do what it takes to win all the time like play patient enuff in certain situations, like towards the end of the game which is a crucial point. But I notice when I do have my mindset correct, I win most of the time. My goal at apex for singles is to make it out of pools so, I need to get that in check. (For dubs it is to win of course hehe ;) )

Work on having a positive attitude and think how u can play better.
Some players just make excuses like blaming their loss on Mk. Others are cocky and think that they have reached a certain level that if they lose, there is just some weird reason other than themselves.

Don't be like them and u will go far. That's why the pro-ban argument disgust me so cuz it shows alot of people's mentality. I have matchups where characters have infinites on me and I still don't blame a loss on that. I look at a way to overcome it. An infinite is way worse than mk lol, so what do i look like crying over him.
I'm going to work on it. You're basically right.

I do have to admit, I played better against Metaknight when I had a positive attitude verus him.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Big thanks to Xyro, Sync, Zigsta, Dojo and anyone who helped make this event possible....I am glad to even be a part of this.

For those who are wondering how I feel about the tournament, I have no regrets. I EXPECTED to play great players and this is the turnout. I would do shoutouts, but not too many...just a few.

Better luck next time Razer. Your still the king of all Snakes in my book, and it takes a hell of a player regardless of the character to pull off a huge win against you.

Good **** ALSM, you do Batou proud with your Diddy Kong.

Infinity and Denti, you guys always do so well. I know I have some catching up to do. Don't worry I will have my time in the spotlight too.

Big thanks to Ponyboy, K-Bot and Gucci for making my weekend that much fun...thanks for housing me and going in the first place.

Swaka, we have some work to do man. We gotta step it up. Still, it was great to see you there man. Your always a welcome sight in my book :D

Dakpo I"m coming for that ZSS. If you go luigi again, I will be forced to take drastic measures against him. Haha, but on a serious note, you made it to pro bracket and did well. I know you can do better but you always have next time to prove it. It's always great hanging with you bro.

Dabuz, Tearbear, Havok, M2K, Pwii, MikeHaze... thanks again for showing up. I still want my MM"s against all of you.

Tree, Leaf, Slush, KoN, Big Boss, Suspect, Megafox, Espy, K Prime....and all of the San Antonio crew, I'm glad we got a chance to hang out again.

Shlike BRO DID YOU SEE THAT 70 PERCENT KILL I GOT OFF DAKPO IN TOURNAMENT?! Man your reaction was priceless :D You did a damn good job, I wish you could of gotten a little farther, but you, FK, Paw, BioDG and Dakpo are my favorite ZSS players.

As for me...I could of done a lot better...but being the only CF player to play brawl in the USA is worth it in the end. I'll do better next time.

To everyone else...thanks for showing up :D

PS: Illmatic, when you put your mind to it, you can pull off MANY upsets. You just have to keep your head in the game. Your a smart dude, you'll make it happen regardless if it's dealing with Mk or not.

PSS: F HERO MADE IT TO PRO BRACKET! SUPER PROUD OF YOU MAN....

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Dojo is still my fav MK to watch, even with some rust, timeless.

Who's youtube account is nickpado? Thanks for getting the matches up so quick, bro.

:017:

Top Bottom