• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[LoLiS] MI Circuit (Ann Arbor) MISSION COMPLETE; Total: $5030($1081)

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
possibly attending along with 2-5 members of my crew. Any chance of getting housing for the night before and/or the night after?

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I can help with chairs next time, as I have a good dozen foldable ones in my house that I could haul into the venue. Flyers would definitely help increase attendance, and if the championship event gets over 40 entrants there definitely needs to be a 32 man bracket. I think part of the reason attendance has decreased is because people are discouraged into entering if they pay $10 only to lose a couple pools sets. This is especially true if pools are made up of only 3 or 4 players.

Also, what is wrong with fitting in another event on 12/5? It's a good week and a half before finals, right?

SCOTU

Smash Hero
32 man bracket takes approximately 1 more ****load of time than a 16man bracket, and so unless we get like, at least 1.5X the number of setups we had last time, I just don't think it's possible to do.

As for housing, I'll probably be able to house a few people, and there may be a few others around who may be able to help with that.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
32 man bracket takes approximately 1 more ****load of time than a 16man bracket, and so unless we get like, at least 1.5X the number of setups we had last time, I just don't think it's possible to do.

As for housing, I'll probably be able to house a few people, and there may be a few others around who may be able to help with that.
if we come we will bring at least 2 setups and hardware for recording.

Boxxy

Smash Lord
Almost 100% sure i cant go if it's on the 19th. Thats the day i'm going down to KY for a few days to visit some family

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
SCOTU, do you plan on using the new MBR stage list? Or are you keeping this one?

What's The Point

Smash Master
To add a third reason for supporting 12/12 (Second being Ally), the next good Midwest Circuit event is on 12/19.

Hopefully SCOTU can do some schedule changes.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
Yea if the date can't be worked out I will have to move my circuit event tourney. These really should not be on the same date. Either this should go to 12/12 or I will go to 1/9.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Guys, the TOs have Finals and can't have the tourney any other time unless they move it to January. It's not a "No Johns do it fgt" kind of thing.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Interesting. I just found out that the 19th is perfect for me. Right after an exam and before a 2 week break (omgwtfbreaks???). Of course, that means the 12th is a no-go for me.

The downside of homework affecting under a third of my grade is that the two exams in the class end up practically deciding my grade, instead. :urg:
That sucks. I hate homework. They should just do your grade solely on the 2 exams. I've had tons of classes like that.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
You get breaks in med school? Blasphemy.

You better spend all that time studying.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure our date is set. I really don't want to run into next semester, and we can't really do it a different date in December.

Eighteenspikes: we'd really appreciate if you could take 1/9 instead. We'll take the winterfest hit.

Top Bottom