• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - MLG Anaheim 2014 Live Stream/Recording at MLG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Will MLG provide a LIVE STREAM for the brawl events? If so, where on the mlg site would it be found? If not, would the players be allow to set up a live stream station?

Also, will MLG record matches? If so, can we view them online for free or do we have to pay for them like we did in the melee days?

EDIT 1: MLG says that Nintendo has not given them the "go ahead" to stream/record matches. MLG says they will keep trying to talk with Nintendo.

EDIT 2: Hack wii's are not allowed so infinite replays are out but if you have and SD card and your match was under 3min you can save the replay and upload the vid from home. if you have a camera, you can record from that as a last resort but follow the rules of MLG.

EDIT 3: Orlando stream did not happen.

EDIT 4: Its looking like Columbus stream will not happen.

EDIT 5: C-bus stream did not happen but lots of people filmed matches. GOOD JOB GUYS!

dj asakura

Smash Ace
I asked the same question in the General Q&A Thread and I was told that they weren't sure if they would or not.

I honestly think that MLG would lose a lot of their Smash crowd without a love stream. The event is this weekend, MLG needs to get their stuff together.

Prawn

Smash Master
Guys, MLG people read this site. So plead the case.

MLG, please understand that livestreaming events is a BIG part of the smash community, and you will receive a lot more attention and hype by doing so. So please consider it

:D

The live stream will be broadcasted at www.mlgpro.com.

You need their special plugin for that, which is an Octoshape plugin. The link will be provided when the thing is up.

Leafplayer452

Smash Journeyman
Yea, from what I noticed from last year's pro circuit all major events (Halo, Smash, and Tekken for this year) will have their own livestream and commentators, tho Halo will have like interviews or something else extra mainly cuz Halo is mlg's main game

dj asakura

Smash Ace
The live stream will be broadcasted at www.mlgpro.com.

You need their special plugin for that, which is an Octoshape plugin. The link will be provided when the thing is up.
From the Q&A Thread:

Just to clarify, there will be a live VoD stream for Brawl, correct?
Information regarding the Live Streams for Orlando has not yet been released.
If you look at the site, there is NO live VoD schedule for any game other than Halo 3.

Yea, from what I noticed from last year's pro circuit all major events (Halo, Smash, and Tekken for this year) will have their own livestream and commentators, tho Halo will have like interviews or something else extra mainly cuz Halo is mlg's main game
Ideally, yes all 3 games will have their own live VoD stream, but as of right now MLG only has a live stream schedule for Halo 3. There is currently no VoD for Brawl or Tekken which means all fans unable to attend the event for those 2 games are completely out of luck.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
This is super important. I GREATLY hope that MLG addresses this issue. If you can't/don't want to stream it, there will be PLENTY of people who will voluneteer to do it (though I'm sure that MLG would be opposed to having someone else streaming their content).

OverLade

Smash Hero
I'll be livestreaming money matches and shiz from my hotel room to keep yall entertained if they dont.

dj asakura

Smash Ace
I asked Nexy via Twitter today if Brawl or Tekken will have a live stream. He said that Tekken would and didn't mention Brawl at all.

I believe we have our answer.

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
If Brawl won't ahve a live stream, i wish they would jsut come out and say "Brawl will not have a livestream".
I have a ton of friends that know nothing about smash that were hoping to be able to watch me play in the event i was live stremed. Ill be sad if i lied to them all about it haha

dj asakura

Smash Ace
If Brawl won't ahve a live stream, i wish they would jsut come out and say "Brawl will not have a livestream".
I have a ton of friends that know nothing about smash that were hoping to be able to watch me play in the event i was live stremed. Ill be sad if i lied to them all about it haha
This is actually pretty usual behavior from MLG. For Gears of War 2 players, they never actually told us GoW2 was off the circuit, they just announced the other games that would be on the circuit this year and didn't mention GoW2 at all.

This is a really poor choice on MLG's part not to offer a live stream for Brawl.

Braggins

Smash Apprentice
Last season they had the main stream which consisted of Halo 3 stuff (the tourney games and the web shows that you see in live stream schedule on their site) but you could switch the stream to any of the other games on the circuit by just clicking a corresponding tab on their video player. There often wasn't commentary or anything for the other games if you were just watching at random times when important matches weren't being played but you could still watch the games. I would imagine it would be a similar situation this season. I could be wrong though.

dj asakura

Smash Ace
Last season they had the main stream which consisted of Halo 3 stuff (the tourney games and the web shows that you see in live stream schedule on their site) but you could switch the stream to any of the other games on the circuit by just clicking a corresponding tab on their video player. There often wasn't commentary or anything for the other games if you were just watching at random times when important matches weren't being played but you could still watch the games. I would imagine it would be a similar situation this season. I could be wrong though.
The difference is that last season MLG only had Halo 3 and GoW2 so GoW2 was on the B-Stream.

This season they have Halo 3, Tekken and Brawl and I guess they're giving Tekken the B-stream.

Braggins

Smash Apprentice
The difference is that last season MLG only had Halo 3 and GoW2 so GoW2 was on the B-Stream.

This season they have Halo 3, Tekken and Brawl and I guess they're giving Tekken the B-stream.
They also had WoW. I remember watching it for like 5 minutes because I was curious about it. I think it was available on the stream the same way GoW was but I can't remember for sure. They very well may decide not to do a live stream for brawl for some god awful reason, but just based on how their events have been in the past I would think they probably would stream it.

dj asakura

Smash Ace
The WoW stream was sort of its own seperate thing. It was a low quality bad stream unless you paid $10 for the HD stream. Brawl won't get that.

This is really just a big mistake on MLG's part, IMO.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
I believe we just got gimped, and by people who probably don't know who metaknight is

on a serious note it wouldn't suprise me if they just don't advertise stream and it just happens to be a camera there

Exia 00

Smash Champion
It's just how the fighting game community works. Live stream = automatic hype! Kinda worried about the commentary though... who will be doing that if the live stream happens (I probably wont be watching brawl) I just don't want to hear someone that doesn't know **** to lower the quality of the stream.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
Jem if your going and they don't have a live feed while your there would you be so kind as to suggset it to them, if you mentioned it friday they could probably get it by saturday and definetly by sunday

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Seriously can smash just like boycott MLG this tourney is too much fail for the smash community.

dj asakura

Smash Ace
Wow, MLG just announced that they'll be doing a $10 HD live stream for Halo 3 and Tekken 6.

They're screwing us. This is absolute shenanigans.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
MLG is a big ***** about money and **** like that, so I doubt they'd let anyone hook **** up to one of their set-up and stream it for free.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
so will we even be able to see any videos?

Conti

Smash Ace
Ok... so I have been into mlg for a long time because when I lived home and had a pc and xbox I was a pretty good halo player... now over the last couple years we have seen different side games on the circuit... at live events... (cod was online except for nationals)... now they had GoW1 n 2... Rainbow six vegas.... call of duty at nationals... and even world of warcraft... they all had livestreams... the livestream these days is free unless you want hd... there will be "commercial breaks" with ads from stride, dr.p oldspice ect... but it will be inbetween matches [sets]... so I'm 99% positive brawl will receive a live stream at mlg as well... with hopefully good commentary.... brawl's scene is big... it should workout... so yeah don't worry, we should be fine...

Edit: so I saw how u guys postd how tekken and h3 are gettn the 10$ hd streams... but its still possible for the low quality stream... and also sometimes they run one side game per day... I don't know the event schedule this year... but there could be a chance aftr tekken is over we get the B stream or there could be a possible 3rd stream if anything f it we'll setup our own

dj asakura

Smash Ace
@Conti: MLG had never showed a different side game each day. When they had GoW and R6V2 they had designated time slots for GoW games to be played and set times for R6V2 games to be played. They have specifically avoided mentioning anything about Brawl's involvement with a live stream. They have constantly said there is currently no details about a Brawl stream and when I asked Nexy about a Tekken AND Brawl stream info, he said he had information regarding the Tekken stream and completely ignored Brawl in his response. The last time they completely failed to speak on a subject was when there was discussion of GoW2 getting dropped and guess what? They NEVER officially announced that they dropped the game. They just announced everything else. That's not only unprofessional, it's disrespectful to the players who have put in all the time and money.

@Twinkie: That would be a poor reason to not stream what is likely to be the 2nd biggest game on the circuit. If all MLG really wants is money (specifically optional HD money) than they're treading a thin line and making some questionable decisions. And if for Tekken and Halo 3 they make the standard quality stream any less quality than it has been in the past, then I'll have lost all respect for them.

Lobos

Smash Master
I wouldn't expect any live streams or vids from the players....unless its in a hotel room lol

Conti

Smash Ace
@Conti: MLG had never showed a different side game each day. When they had GoW and R6V2 they had designated time slots for GoW games to be played and set times for R6V2 games to be played. They have specifically avoided mentioning anything about Brawl's involvement with a live stream. They have constantly said there is currently no details about a Brawl stream and when I asked Nexy about a Tekken AND Brawl stream info, he said he had information regarding the Tekken stream and completely ignored Brawl in his response. The last time they completely failed to speak on a subject was when there was discussion of GoW2 getting dropped and guess what? They NEVER officially announced that they dropped the game. They just announced everything else. That's not only unprofessional, it's disrespectful to the players who have put in all the time and money.
Well I agree its unprofessional, and they did feature different game live streams on different days... I'm almost positive.... back when it was gears of war1 and rainbowsix vegas.... GoW was on a Saturday. R6V was Sunday.... I'm almost definate

dj asakura

Smash Ace
Well I agree its unprofessional, and they did feature different game live streams on different days... I'm almost positive.... back when it was gears of war1 and rainbowsix vegas.... GoW was on a Saturday. R6V was Sunday.... I'm almost definate
It may have been back in 2007, I only remember 2008 and that's when they just had time slots for GoW1 and R6V2.

@Tiersie: There will still be a free, lower quality stream like they have always done (but only fro Tekken 6 and Halo 3). My worry is that they'll do what WoW did and have the low quality stream be this tiny, awful, unwatchable stream that basically forces you to buy the HD stream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom