• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Link's Take Over - Q&A and General Link Discussion

-tRiNiTy-

Smash Apprentice
bomb dair. jab is actually my new way to punish

need advice in teams or some kind of critique
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0JBb4LWCHg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K56baHdqwPE
Damn you've gotten alot better I see :bee:

Well there isn't really anything I can say, you're pretty solid, just be careful with your aerials to grab and when to grab (there were some times where a grab was impossible to land, f.ex. that NAir to Grab at high percent in the beginning).

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I throw a boomerang behind her and up before fsmashing twice. When it works it's absolutely glorious.
Damn, I wish doing Phantom Hits were easier. On two different occasions now, I accidentally phantom boomeranged jiggs while she was in rest. One of those times, she ate 20% without waking up. Now imagine if someone could do that everytime!

@dablackpacman: I envy your teamwork capabilities. Good stuff. Who knew Mario and Link meshed together so well like that.

cjugs

Smash Ace
Just to let you know mango played as link and lost to Axe so don't feel like you got ***** because you should realize how good axe is. I would say you don't look like you have matchup experience against pika which is normal not many people have a piki in thier crew but what axe was about to do against you was he creamed you whenever you tried to edguard him think of edguarding pika like just having a advantage because he is holding onto the ledge and u have the upper hand but stay out of his rang he has to get back on somehow. other than that DI the upsmashes you could have lived longer.
The biggest mistake was taking him to DL that was a awful idea that's actually where i would have CP if i was pika i can live forever if i'm good and have good DI=Axe should have gone somewhere with a low ceiling or better yet somewhere where he has a tougher time sweetspotting like battlefield not kongo again he will live forever and you will be toast. Keep in mind you cant hookshot twice but you can airdodge get hit and than try it again. Again axe has beatin Shiz jman and the list goes on so don't worry about losing.

PeachKiller279

Smash Apprentice
why is it the less i play link the better my link becomes at a later date?

my link was starting to wane, didnt touch the guy for three weeks, and havent smashed for the last two, play smash with a friend today and my link was playing AMAAAAAAAAAAAAZING.

@Problem2: How to beat Axe with link: Yell "I'M NOT GOING TO ****ING LOSE" at the top of your lungs, startling him and throwing him off his game, then get a SUPER RIDICULOUSLY LUCKY GIMP game 3.

Skill right there.

If Axe and HDL play @ pound 5, HDL is free.

cjugs

Smash Ace
^ very disappointed in you with the green and yellow song. listened to about 2 seconds threw up and skiped to see my combos. I take that one personal with the song. nice avatar.

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
So do we got anything goin on in smashing world of link? Had to cancel our weekly smashfest last week. Kinda created this thread to get some help and better understanding of the link meta-game outside of what ive put together myself so far. But i guess to do the distance between each other, we dont get to play with each other (no homo) and the advice given in very general

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
So do we got anything goin on in smashing world of link? Had to cancel our weekly smashfest last week. Kinda created this thread to get some help and better understanding of the link meta-game outside of what ive put together myself so far. But i guess to do the distance between each other, we dont get to play with each other (no homo) and the advice given in very general

Skler

Smash Master
I've gotten some of my roommates into melee; one of them even plans on learning advanced stuff! Until then I shall wait and continue curb stomping him and computers in FFAs. At least it keeps my tech skill at its usual terrible-but-passable level.

I must attend the next NE tournament.

enCouRaging Bear

Smash Journeyman
snap... i thought i found something cool but i didn't have the game in front of me to test it...
i thought you were in standing still state while wavedashing hence able to use shield
regardless maybe it wouldn't be applicable because it has to hit the shield...
it would be awesome though if his shield was bigger and he could wavedash around and be nearly invincible to projectiles from the front (i had falco most in mind)
but alas...:urg:

Octave

Smash Ace
Even if his shield were bigger and could be used while WDing, the shield doesn't reflect projectiles at all it only blocks them. Though that's probably just a typo on your part if I had a guess.

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
Still need help improving my Link meta-game, yall know where to find my old vids. I was messing around and found alot of combos yesterday on falco n falcon, so hopefully next week ill put it all togther in vids for yall n u can get back to me on it

my next tourney, Link's come thru. I'm not Jason Durello, dont wanna ride solo
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=296753&highlight=ann+arbor

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
Still need help improving my Link meta-game, yall know where to find my old vids. I was messing around and found alot of combos yesterday on falco n falcon, so hopefully next week ill put it all togther in vids for yall n u can get back to me on it

my next tourney, Link's come thru. I'm not Jason Durello, dont wanna ride solo
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=296753&highlight=ann+arbor
one day in the future.......im going to **** you in link dittos i swear and Cjugs is going to help me out

question what is the best way to jab grab as link......i do it with jump cancel pretty good but if there is a better way let me know

cjugs

Smash Ace
^ Haha i honestly found out that i am horrible at link dittos i played about 5 and won about 3 against a link who wasn't very good it's a funny matchup and i have zero XP and i'm naturally bad haha.
BEst way to jab grab is to jab twice then grab.

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
i use to be bad at link dittos, till everyone started to play with him thinkn they culd beat mine. now ive beaten just about everyone in MI whos tried to beat me with link

soul-as for ur jab grab, the best thing to do is prolly just give up. u more then likely will never be able to take me in link dittos no matter how much training i give u n if u ever mastered his jab-grab, by then id prolly be able to beat HDL or i wuldve have alrdy retired this game

As for HDL, i really hate that kids always compare me to him at tournies ir ask if i've heard of him. Its like "yes guys, theres only 23 link players in the whole world and only 4 of them worth mentioning, Ive heard of him". or if im doin legit comboes, they are like "there goes HDL, gettin off" n its like "no, thats dablackpacman gettn off, recognize" lol

warlock-don-mia24

Smash Journeyman
was up fellas

yea DBPM link is sweet he got me playing with link but im going to secondary younglink he really starting to **** falco and foxes no bull i love seeing fox and falcos get **** thats wat we do out here really really lol

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I'm really hoping to get some videos recorded of me playing at the next tournament, smashfest, or w/e. None of my recordings are receint at all.

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
It was my birthday recently.

No Link players gave me a cake.
Skler, if u would've came to MI, i wouldve. happy belated bday. i dont even come onto smashboards anymore cuz i only did for this link thread to learn match-up better n get sum advice, but like ol dude mentioned above.....its dead around here

Octave

Smash Ace
We need some critiques, tryin to step our team game up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VX1V9y5Uyg&feature=related
I'm not experienced enough to critique but just something I noticed. During the round at Battlefield I didn't see you attempt to recover by hookshotting the bottom of the stage. The only places you can't hookshot are the thing that looks like it's got mesh on it and the very tip of the bottom. Dunno if you didn't know this or just didn't try it but I figured I may as well point it out. Also, when your ally is dead I noticed you use Up-B a lot. Try to switch it up and use Jump OOS Nair or double Nair.

Skler

Smash Master
We need more people to look for how to use the boomerang's returning reset to improve Link's recovery. The boomerang cancels Link's "zomg I'm helpless and can't grab backwards" animation, but not his "I'm going to be helpless and unable to grab backwards soon" animation.

Basically it can cancel the animation about a second after his upB is over and about a half second after his airdodge is over.

Come on people!

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
noone else check out any of my vids? n i only used up b as much as i did cuz soul has been hounding me to use it more, then wen i do n he accidently rolls or jumps into it he says its his fault.

but damn, the link thread rlly has died since ive left. so skler, u said links rang can cancel out his airdodge? i might be playing smash later (if we're not playn mk9) so i might check it out. anyone get anything recorded lately?

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
We need more people to look for how to use the boomerang's returning reset to improve Link's recovery. The boomerang cancels Link's "zomg I'm helpless and can't grab backwards" animation, but not his "I'm going to be helpless and unable to grab backwards soon" animation.

Basically it can cancel the animation about a second after his upB is over and about a half second after his airdodge is over.

Come on people!
so does it cancel Link's actual special fall state?

Top Bottom