• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Light House Social and General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
You will say this now, then like so many others, come crawling back.
This is true. I used to play BF:BFC2 frequently several months ago, but eventually, I got bored of the slow paced action so I went back to playing Call of Duty. Both games are great though.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Usually after a while of not playing a game and moving on to the next is the intense craving of wanting to play those older games comes back and you end up playing them again.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Anyone play Ultimate Ninja Storm 2? It just looks fun, and my friend got it for my bday. We all playing it tonight after work, XD.

On that note, on episode 90ish of Naruto S~

Oh man! Don't get me started with this game....That game definetly has some freedom feel to it compared to the previous line of games, it also offers some nice visuals, and if you've ever played any of the previous installments (at least the PS series) then the controls should be no problem, basically they are the same layout and special moves such as Kakashi's Water Style Jitsu's require you to mash buttons which is a bit lame if you don't do it fast enough.

Overall if you're into the Naruto series of games I think you'll enjoy, at least I did.

Also, have you downloaded the demo? It's on PSN.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Loool

I will not be supporting Activision on another obvious cash in. The multiplayer has a ton of flaws and I just don't feel like going through that same ish again - Dust everyone, get killed by annoying ****, broken tier guns, constant drop out of games.

The games see very few upgrades, if at all. It's a clear copy pasta job and obvious as hell. The physics and graphics see no improvements, it's just a new dress the game is wearing. Now they want to charge some sort of fee that they know people will pay cause the world is full of stupid ****s?

Well, not me. I've spent my time with these games. They got me as a customer, but I now see this as becoming a madden of the FPS genre - yearly releases with minimal upgrades sold at full price. And people buy it. So, business wise, they are ****ing smart.

OmegaXXII

I quit using web browsing on my Wii after having trouble quoting people, the PS3 is meh...

I mainly use my iPhone for web browsing since my computer broke. :/

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I mainly use my iPod Touch to view YouTube videos, check my email/Twitter and browse SWF.

Would rather use a computer tho.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
XD so NUNS2 is pretty fun. I've been using Naruto and Kakishi. Setting up traps for his Sharingan is fun. I can't wait to unlock Pain though.

finalark

SNORLAX
I just got a Game Boy player, and its awesome. It feels almost like I'm playing a SNES, I just wish I knew where my GBA to GCN connection cord was.

OmegaXXII

I just got a Game Boy player, and its awesome. It feels almost like I'm playing a SNES, I just wish I knew where my GBA to
GCN connection cord was.
Wow really, I was thinking about getting one myself, I need to play my Pokemon games on a big screen for a change :/

I mainly use my iPod Touch to view YouTube videos, check my email/Twitter and browse SWF.

Would rather use a computer tho.
Yea man a computer is way nicer, I can't download nothing :(

finalark

SNORLAX
Its pretty awesome if you're like me and you see the GBA as the spiritual successor to the SNES. The Game Boy players brings that one step closer by letting you play those games on your TV.

So awesome, I'm going to head out soon to hunt for a GBA to GCN cord then I'll pick up some GBA games.

OmegaXXII

Most definetly, after all, the GBP is the succesor of the original Super Game Boy for the SNES so I can clearly see a connection.

For curiousity, would that cable help serve the GBA as a controller? I'm guessing you can use the Gamecube controller, right?

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
So I decided to get Steam. Though I'm not all that great at pc gaming, and also my computer isn't that great. Is it possible to play modern games on the pc without having to spend that much?

finalark

SNORLAX
Is it possible to play modern games on the pc without having to spend that much?
No. Trust me, my computer is horrible and if I want to play any games made past 2005 I have to run it in a window with the lowest graphical settings. And if I'm lucky the lag won't make the game too unplayable.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
No. Trust me, my computer is horrible and if I want to play any games made past 2005 I have to run it in a window with the lowest graphical settings. And if I'm lucky the lag won't make the game too unplayable.
Dang, I guess that means if I want to play modern games I'll have to spend 700 bucks on a pc or something.

finalark

SNORLAX
Dang, I guess that means if I want to play modern games I'll have to spend 700 bucks on a pc or something.
Well, if your computer isn't absolute **** like mine is you might be able to drop $250 or so on a graphics card.

I would still keep Steam, though. They have a lot of older games that you can easily buy if there's an old title you want to play but just can't find.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Well, if your computer isn't absolute **** like mine is you might be able to drop $250 or so on a graphics card.
>_>

Need more than a graphics care in some cases, bro (especially in yours). Some computers may not have enough RAM, insufficient processor, etc.

Him blowing seven hundred smackers is about right for a good pre-made computer. Unless he knows how to build them.

Smooth Criminal

finalark

SNORLAX
Some computers may not have enough RAM, insufficient processor, etc.
Well, that too. :/

I bought my computer roughly three or so years ago because it was a cheap computer built for little more than basic every day needs. I didn't think there was much for the computer I wanted to play outside of WC3, SC1, WoW, Morrowind and Oblivion (which this comp runs surprisingly well).

Then Starcraft II came out, so did Portal 2, and Diablo 3 and Skyrim is on the horizon. I made a stupid choice.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
My 2008, 2 GB ram, 256 mb graphics (Nvidia), and 2.4 ghz process MBP can run SC2 on Medium settings and FO: NV on High settings.

I'm not sure what your desktop is at...but I'm sure you can build one for a decent price. Especially if you go the right of making it an XP OS...you won't need as much ram compared to using 7.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
My 2010, 4 GB (DDR3) ram, 1 GB (dedicated) ATI Radeon 6800 graphics and 2.8 ghz (overclocked to about 3.1 ghz) comp can run the aforementioned SC2 at max settings, no problem. Yet with games like Rift and WoW my FPS drops to ****ing 40-50 frames on max settings. :( I know what the problem is, but dammit, I'd have to buy a whole new processor/motherboard and that suuuuucks.

Smooth Criminal

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Not lag; my framerate was a little inconsistent is all. I've had higher FPS on WoW than Rift (Rift is actually a very graphics-intensive game). I'd average around 53-57 FPS on WoW on max settings and even in major hubs where there would be tons of people (in that case it would have been latency). I guess anything below sixty for me makes me :(

Smooth Criminal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom