• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Light House Social and General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

finalark

SNORLAX
I remember on the old craptop I had before I got my desktop my FPS dropped to 2 in Stormwind. I would gladly take sixty FPS over two.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
On a random note, watching Naruto Ship~. At 115, an I'm really liking Sasuke right about now. For the longest he really annoyed me, but his actions as of now are interesting :3.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
On a random note, watching Naruto Ship~. At 115, an I'm really liking Sasuke right about now. For the longest he really annoyed me, but his actions as of now are interesting :3.
The Naruto series was good at first but once Shippuden appeared I was like meh....

I just found the series a bit repetitive and boring after a couple of episodes, IMO the originals were better.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Guys let's stop arguing on which Naruto series is better

The answer is so obvious. They both suck. Can we stop fighting and agree on that?

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I mean, their hacking never bothered me and what i did.

Whatever message it was they were trying to get across, I think they only encouraged governments to pass laws that monitor and regulate the flow of information that swims in the confines of the very internet we browse through. Trying to make things such as streaming of copyrighted material ILLEGAL on top of the sharing of files. Such as the 3 strikes bill which offers a service provider the ability to limit bandwidth and even cut of access to specific sites. If they catch anyone doing anything they could deem unethical.

I don't agree to all that, though.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
It's basically two people (one being a 17 year old) that consider themselves "true hackers" and the group lulzsec along with Anon a disgrace to the hacker community. They claim that "true hackers" don't even like those guys, and threatened to hack lulzsec. They didn't listen, got hacked by the TeamPoison, and claim to have their IDs and stuff. Just read this article. Sums it up.

http://uk.ibtimes.com/articles/1691...nonymous-ninja-reveal-anti-operation-ryan.htm

Even if Lulzsec goes down...or stops...seeing Team Poison call these guys "Script kiddies" is a bit scary if they can back up their words >_>. Lord knows what kinda hacking they can do.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Has anyone here ever played Marvel Ultimate Alliance? I finished the game when playing an online match with a friend, and the game said I unlocked Nick Fury and hard mode. But when I try to find Nick Fury, it won't let me select him and it won't me select hard mode either. Also I can't repeat the last battle to try and fix this glitch. Has this ever happened to anyone else? I'm kinda pissed off about this.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Really though, LulzSec was just a bunch of kids who didn't know their place. All they did was look at account names for big sites (and corporations, etc), steal the passwords from similarly-named accounts on obscure sites, and try out passwords until they found duplicates.

That's not hacking, and they were just one big joke.

I would say the same about Anon, but since they DDOS and don't really hack, I should blame the idiotic media for calling them hackers.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Has anyone here ever played Marvel Ultimate Alliance? I finished the game when playing an online match with a friend, and the game said I unlocked Nick Fury and hard mode. But when I try to find Nick Fury, it won't let me select him and it won't me select hard mode either. Also I can't repeat the last battle to try and fix this glitch. Has this ever happened to anyone else? I'm kinda pissed off about this.
I remember being obsessed with that game back when it came out. I remember I used Wolverine, Spider-Man, Deadpool, and the Torch. The game was pretty good and I liked the story. Never played Ultimate Alliance 2 though.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
You used Spiderman<3

Here is my favorite super-hero evar. :3
He's the best Marvel hero imo. He has the best enemies ever and his design is pretty awesome looking. Then comes Deadpool imo. The guy is a psychopath, and I love it.

Ain't that game like DC Universe Online? I've never played any Marvel games aside from Spider-Man on PS1
No not really. DCUO was a MMORPG. Marvel Ultimate Alliance was kind of an RPG, but imo it seperates itself well enough to make it some sort of action/RPG game. About its online, I really don't know how it works, but I did play split screen and all it is is just another person joining you in the missions.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I don't follow comics period. They're too expensive and if I look them up online I know I won't find ever Spider-Man comic nor will I be interested to read it since there's about a million other things I can entertain myself with.

And remember that Ultimate Spider-Man game? Imo that game was one of the better Spidey games. I especially loved rampaging through town with Venom. So beast

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I don't buy comics, but I enjoy reading plot summaries and such on various websites. Especially the ones I'm interested in. Could care less about Superman (unless it involves Darkseid) or Captain America. Batman is my main interest followed by Spiderman.

finalark

SNORLAX
I personally do not keep up with the DC comics except Batman. Given what Batman has gone through, **** Grayson, Damien, and what changes might come of it...I'm gonna be feeling extremely annoyed and pissed if they reboot it. I really am liking where the story is going.
I second this. I'm also annoyed that pretty much the entirety of Blackest Night/Brightest Day will be null and void once the reboot hits in November.

As for me and comics, I follow the big events and enjoy reading plot summaries online. I did read quite a bit of Ultimate Spider Man, though. And I actually enjoy it more than Amazing.

finalark

SNORLAX
So does this mean the reboot will null things like Infinite Crisis?
It seems so. They haven't released much information on it aside from the fact that they're redesigning the entire universe and restarting every single major comic line they have from scratch.

I wonder if this is going to be permanent or if in a year they'll have another big even to bring everything back to the way it was before?

finalark

SNORLAX
I'm still mad about how most people prefer DC over Marvel
I like DC's characters and stories more. The only Marvel heroes I ever enjoyed really reading are Spider Man (mostly Ultimate, which I found to be much more engaging than Amazing), X-Men and maybe some Captain America or Iron Man here and there. But to each his own.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Imo Marvel is way better. The only thing that I say DC holds over Marvel's heads is the plot setting devices they use. Man is bit by radioactive spider, group of astronauts are hit by radioactive cosmic waves, etc.

Nearly ever hero they have is somehow given their powers by radiation. I mean look at Spidey, the F4, the Hulk, the X-Men, I think Captain America and you'll see what I mean. The only two heroes I can think of that don't use that as a plot setting device is Iron Man and Thor, one being a God and another trying to be the answer to DC's Batman (assuming Iron Man came second right?)

Other than that, I say the Marvel has pretty solid storytelling imo

finalark

SNORLAX
Imo Marvel is way better. The only thing that I say DC holds over Marvel's heads is the plot setting devices they use. Man is bit by radioactive spider, group of astronauts are hit by radioactive cosmic waves, etc.
I do agree that DC has the better origin sories.

Nearly ever hero they have is somehow given their powers by radiation. I mean look at Spidey, the F4, the Hulk, the X-Men, I think Captain America and you'll see what I mean. The only two heroes I can think of that don't use that as a plot setting device is Iron Man and Thor, one being a God and another trying to be the answer to DC's Batman (assuming Iron Man came second right?)
X-Men didn't gain their powers via radiation, they were born with them. And Captain America was created before we even knew about radiation. Iron Man did come long after Batman. Batman was '39 and Iron Man was in '63. And I'm pretty sure Iron Man wasn't meant to be Marvel's counterpart to Batman, despite the similarities.

Other than that, I say the Marvel has pretty solid storytelling imo
Again, I disagree. The number of enjoyable Marvel stories I've read is dwarfed by the number of good DC stories.

EDIT: On the off hand, welcome to my Palace of Love.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I do agree that DC has the better origin sories.

X-Men didn't gain their powers via radiation, they were born with them. And Captain America was created before we even knew about radiation. Iron Man did come long after Batman. Batman was '39 and Iron Man was in '63. And I'm pretty sure Iron Man wasn't meant to be Marvel's counterpart to Batman, despite the similarities.

Again, I disagree. The number of enjoyable Marvel stories I've read is dwarfed by the number of good DC stories.

EDIT: On the off hand, welcome to my Palace of Love.
Well then idk I'm not a huge comic junkie and it seems like nearly every story ever conceived has to do with radiation. Even if two of the examples I gave was wrong, there's still a pretty large chunk of radiation gaining stories.

I prefer DC I mean orphan who becomes rich and buys super suit, alien from another world sent as baby, guy who finds a ring with magic powers sounds a lot better than guy who got radiated.

And eh, maybe it's because I find the heroes Marvel makes more inspired. DC seems to be filled with mostly ordinary-like people while Marvel takes a more creative approach i.e. guy with spider powers

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I think Marvel has more attractive heroes compared to DC.

I don't care about Superman, Flash, GL, WonderWoman, etc. All I care about Batman, because the story just comes off as so deep with its villains and what not.

I do agree DC's plots and events are better compared to Marvel.

Marvel has a better cast of super heroes that are more "famous". Spiderman, Iron Man (not a fan of his story though), X-Men (who doesn't like Wolverine?), Captain America (not a fan), F4 (not a fan), Thor.

I think it has to do with the movies being released. For now, DC has been relatively quiet with GL sucking bad. Marvel did a good job with First Class and we'll see how Captain A. will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom