• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Light House Social and General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Yeah, but there is no basis for comparison if you haven't played the other ones! What if you played SoR2 tomorrow and felt like a fool for ever saying 1 was the best?

WHAT THEN? Would you kill yourself in shame?

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
It has been forever since I played the first. I remember those fat f---s were so annoying because if you try to back throw or slam them they crush you due to their weight. Funny because on the 2nd game they seem bigger but yet you can throw them any way you want. Then the wrestlers that only did that charge punch. The bosses weren't too bad compared to the 2nd.

My overall favorite boss was on 3 with the guy that clone himself and I think he used the spear? Music was good as well.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Man I got Battlefield Bad Company 2 today in the mail

Holy **** what have I been doing wasting my life on CoD O_O
Battlefield is for more tactical players who work together. Call of Duty is run and gun. Both games require different play styles.

I prefer CoD over Battlefield.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I am trying to play new games these days. Like right now, I'm playing Fallout: New Vegas, great game. Glitchy, but fun nonetheless.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
What's the defensiveness for? I'm just saying how I feel about it.

And yeah, Duke Nukem Forever turned out horrible but it's not BECAUSE of the cool weapons. It was partly because you couldn't even use most of the cool weapons half the time.

I'd like to see the Farsight from Perfect Dark make a comeback, this time in a massive online game so I can hear everybody cry about how cheap it is.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yeah I know. Disappointed for what it ended up being after so many years. Though it does bother me how critics are hating on his personality.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
What's the defensiveness for? I'm just saying how I feel about it.

And yeah, Duke Nukem Forever turned out horrible but it's not BECAUSE of the cool weapons. It was partly because you couldn't even use most of the cool weapons half the time.

I'd like to see the Farsight from Perfect Dark make a comeback, this time in a massive online game so I can hear everybody cry about how cheap it is.
Who says I'm being defensive? I am simply agreeing with your opinion cause there's no point in arguing with you on stuff. That is all.

Too bad people don't play the XBLA version of PD online anymore. :x

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
FPS' are boring as hell nowadays. I miss 90s FPS where the settings, levels and weapons were crazy and fun. War shooters are so unexciting.
TimeSplitters is pretty much the only good FPS to come out since then, or at least the only one that has been consistently good throughout its full run.

Duke Nukem Forevers been pretty fun from what I've played. I don't get why people are saying it's terrible, considering there are far worse games out there, but I don't get why people are worshipping the ground it touches.
For me, it's a dated FPS, which I'm fine with, that's trying to incorporate more modern features, to help it stand in todays market; but it' sort of ended up a mish mash between the two, rather than blending seamlessly. The idea is good behind it, and I like the platforming/ exploring random places where there are no bad guys, but from where I am in the game it seems to be throwing you from one extreme straight to the other.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
That reminds me, did anybody play the more recent Turok games/s? Is it horrible? Turok is the first FPS game I ever played and one of the best early N64 games (time hasn't been good to it though).

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I only know this one Turok game had an infamous marketing campaign after the guys who made this game offered like 1000$ in college funds to anybody who'd volunteer to rename their kid Turok.

When I found out about that I lol'd

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
LOL Fuel.

I haven't played Turok since N64 days, but I've heard that they were just okay. Not exceptionally good or bad, just sorta mediocre.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Apparently those were the same people who offered to give people money or something in exchange for letting them go to a graveyard and put billboards up on the tombstones to advertise a game in the UK

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I've never played it either.
It doesn't look too bad though, but I've only played the Game Boy one.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I prefer not playing shooters at all! :bee:

Except Borderlands.
Borderlands is so frakkin' good. You on Xbox? I've been looking for an excuse to play again.

Also, I love team Underboob.:bee:

I am trying to play new games these days. Like right now, I'm playing Fallout: New Vegas, great game. Glitchy, but fun nonetheless.
I love New Vegas. In some ways (SOME) I like it more than FO3. There's a lot they did right, but a lot that's wrong (not much, but still there). I've run into very few glitches myself. It's a shame you'll never play the DLC. :( Dead Money is one of my favorite DLC add ons ever, and I'm loving Broken Hearts right now.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
NV wasn't as attractive to me compared to FO3. Sure NV is definitely more attached to the canon story...but there's something about wandering around the FO3 area...seeing a destroyed White House...the Museum, Pittsburgh...actual towns compared to a desert.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The game isn't as bad as people are making out to be.

That's what he was trying to say, but with some extra sauce.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I didn't see any sarcasm tags :/

But yea, I pretty much gave up hope on DNF, ME2, Battlefield 2 is what I've been playing... and it's good.

Call of Duty is shooting but whats all the hype about?

finalark

SNORLAX
The game isn't as bad as people are making out to be.
I think people just had unrealistic expectations for it. Not suppressing given how long the damn thing took to come out.

But yea, I pretty much gave up hope on DNF, ME2, Battlefield 2 is what I've been playing... and it's good.
Really? ME2 is one of the best RPGs from this gen IMO. Well, if you're willing to put up with how dumbed down it is compared to the first game.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Anyone play Ultimate Ninja Storm 2? It just looks fun, and my friend got it for my bday. We all playing it tonight after work, XD.

On that note, on episode 90ish of Naruto S~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom