• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Light House Social and General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Odd. Multiple imitators eh? I'm sure this is dependent on the success of Halo and more importantly COD.

Activision needs to be careful about milking COD or it may result in diminishing returns.

Eventually the franchise might die, and by extension, most of the relevance of the genre/sub-genre, like what happened with Guitar Hero.

I wish the FPS genre would die.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
The FPS genre is actually good when it works. It just has a lot of ****ty games that try to copy CoD (which I hate) and other games.

Portal, Quake, Half Life, Team Fortress 2, Counter-Strike, and Unreal Tournament are all fantastic games/series, and Rage, Resistance 3, Battlefield 3, and Dead Island all look like they'll be good as well.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Dang, looks like LulzSec is on a hacking spree, those morons aren't gonna quit anytime soon I'm guessing.

:phone:

M@v

Subarashii!
I planned to buy bf3 in disc form anyway if possible, but I don't know if launching a steam competitor is such a good idea....

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Well I don't mind getting Battlefield 3 for PS3, but a steam competitor? I guess they just want to rival and market their own games.

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom