• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Light House Social and General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
We're on yugioh again?
This thread goes faster than a woman's period.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter

THAT'S better.
Oh Man, I totally forgot about this card, I love it!

Funny that I still a bunch of my Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh cards in mind to new condition, I haven't touched them in years, I also enjoyed trading them back in junior high school.~~

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How many times have you forgot to type "Smooth Criminal" after you post?

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I really want a GOOD White/Black deck. But there's no one in my area who plays, so I have to resort to digital forms of play. :-/ And I'm not sure if I wanna start getting back into MtGO (haven't played that in a while, and I'd have to spend some money I think if I wanna try to get into it again).

Wrath of God+Damnation along with some pacify and doomblades would be my creature control. The problem is getting good creature synergy. At least, I don't know what are and aren't good cards these days.

Another deck I've considered is a solid Blue+Black. Counters, discards, and weenies galore!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I had a red and green deck and a white and blue deck.

This was MANY years ago.

White and Blue was to counter spells, wall, and heal while red and green was pure damage and powerful creatures

Gates

Banned via Warnings
'sall bout that Mulligan Mewtwo
[collapse="ggs"]
[/collapse]

Force of Will is pretty good.
I think FoW is a pretty cool guy eh keeps the eternal formats from being ******** broken and doesn't afraid of anything.

My favorite creature is Emrakul, the Aeons Torn, especially when I get him out on turn 4. :3
I know right? Modern 12Post is so awesome. Except when they get Aven Mindcensor in play, but that's what maindeck Firespout and Beast Within are for, amirite?

Modern is just an awesome format in general. I found a 0-Land Belcher deck that is surprisingly consistent though not that fast and it requires extremely aggressive mulligans, but what Belcher deck doesn't? And honestly, I'm content with sacrificing speed in a Belcher kill for

That said, I am sad that they banned all the fun Affinity cards in Modern before people had a chance to prove that it wasn't broken. I know I should just accept the fact that Disciple of the Vault will never be legal outside of eternal formats, but a part of me never will.

I was thinking of making a new Commander deck.

Someone suggest a general for me? :bee:
I have no idea what Commander is, but I do remember a Mystic Remora/Meditate deck that had tons of pitch spells, including Commandeer. It was fun but only really successful for about a month before people realized that Tezzeret is still better. I think they might have also unrestricted Gush for the 12th time around the point that the deck started to pick up steam. I really hate this whole love/hate relationship Wizards has with Gush. JUST ****ING KEEP IT RESTRICTED ALREADY.

So anyway, I bought this comic today:
I know, I know.

But surprisingly, the author also wrote these:

And when I found out, I went like this:
EDIT: ok the image didn't work, but I **** bricks.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I know right? Modern 12Post is so awesome. Except when they get Aven Mindcensor in play, but that's what maindeck Firespout and Beast Within are for, amirite?

Modern is just an awesome format in general. I found a 0-Land Belcher deck that is surprisingly consistent though not that fast and it requires extremely aggressive mulligans, but what Belcher deck doesn't? And honestly, I'm content with sacrificing speed in a Belcher kill for

That said, I am sad that they banned all the fun Affinity cards in Modern before people had a chance to prove that it wasn't broken. I know I should just accept the fact that Disciple of the Vault will never be legal outside of eternal formats, but a part of me never will.
Eh? It isn't 12 post; it's legacy polymorph. :3

And disciple of the vault isn't banned, dude. It SHOULD be banned along with ravager, though, and the artifact lands should be unbanned.

I also think sword of the meek should be unbanned.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Eh? It isn't 12 post; it's legacy polymorph. :3
Oh.

Wouldn't RUG Natural Order+Progenitus be better than that? I mean, you have basically the same shell but you get access to Tarmogoyf, Eternal Witness, and REB and you can run more creatures than just manlands. I guess Polymorph is better on a budget though since Tarmogoyfs alone will take a full year out of your college tuition.

And disciple of the vault isn't banned, dude.
REALLY!?

I'm so happy I could cry.

It SHOULD be banned along with ravager, though, and the artifact lands should be unbanned.
YOU SHUT YOUR ***** MOUTH.

If I can at least have Disciple, Ravager, and Atog, I can live with everything else being banned. I don't need Ancient Den anyway.

I also think sword of the meek should be unbanned.
Well, if they banned Disciple of the Vault...

...nah, it would still be ******** good.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
This shell:
4 Brainstorm
4 FoW
3 Mental Misttep
3 Daze
2 Spell Snare
3 Fire/Ice (if you're running red)
4 Jace the Mindsculptor
3 French Hens
2 Turtledoves
etc.

From what I understand, this is the general framework of all current blue-based Legacy decks. Pretty much the only thing you can't run is Vendilion Clique since you can't run any creatures besides Emrakul/Progenitus/Blightsteel Colossus/Chimney Imp/etc.

I assumed you were running a manland because Polymorph decks typically run those or token generating enchantments so that they can go straight to whatever fatty they want to target. Flayer Husk is a good idea though, as are other Living Weapons since they'd go pretty well with Bitterblossom.

And Wind Zendikon is basically a manland.

(btw, is this a srs deck or just casual?)

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
It's a srs casual deck. I'm not spending a ton of money on FoW's and such, but I have Daze, Brainstorm, general counters, etc. Also, I don't have Jaces of any sort because they, surprisingly, slow the deck down.

Should I post my current decklist?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I can see how The Mindsculptor would slow down your deck by taking up that critical turn 4, but Jace Beleren could potentially work around that. Or Sylvan Library if you want to run green.

Please post your current list, I'd love to see it.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Thanks for the suggestions, guys! There's a couple I want to make, but don't have the cards for, except Experiment Kraj. :p

Werewolves in Innistrad. Neat concept, no competitive value IMO.

That is all.
Innistrad looks baller, except for the flip cards because **** like that never works, and it's a pain in the butt if you want to play with sleeves on your cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom